Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Fruits Basket Collector's Edition
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
May 11, 2020 9:55 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Ah finally, they're actually showing the episode that relates to the visual of the season, being a beach episode! Perhaps Toru should be more homework management though. Good thing Yuki is there to help her.

That Rin fan service though lol wow.

I'm glad to see so many zodiacs together especially Hiro and Kisa.
May 11, 2020 11:01 AM
Aug 2019
The Beach arc has begun.
Oh, Rin fanservice.
Hiro pointing out about Tohru's soft spot. Aww, Tohru baby it'll be okay. Also, Kyo noticing what's wrong with Tohru he can see right through her. Shigure being manipulative as always.
Ah yes, they finally revealed who's the boy with the hat, but it's not over yet there's still more backstory surrounding that hat.
TellatezMay 11, 2020 11:13 AM

May 11, 2020 11:03 AM

Dec 2019
Another fun episode
We are finally at the beach/summer house, Which seems like it is going to be the main center of the season.

Seeing all the zodiacs together is really cute and it seems like Hiro might warm up to Tohra since he is discovering everyone holds deep feelings in their heart to themselves.

»»Delievers Here««
★・・・・・・★

"Today might be the chance to grasp
the chance to let your talent bloom" -Tooru Oikawa

-Signature from Annie_Law

May 11, 2020 11:06 AM
Oct 2016
We all have feeling a locked away deep in our hearts. Fruits Basket is a lot about dealing with our emotions and this episode tackles that head on with the characters who are going to the beach house. Particularly with Tohru, Yuki, Hiro and Kisa. Probably wasn't something people expected to see some development for Hiro and Kisa right now. But it was really sweet. At his introduction I didn't like Hiro too much since he's a little shithead however by now we can see that even just being with Kisa opens him up. Sort of how Kyo is with Tohru honestly, which Momiji also pointed out how much softer Kyo is now. We see at the beginning Hiro doesn't even want to go to the beach house but Kisa does so he goes. The moment he questions Tohru about the photo of her mom could be seen as some regression by Hiro, acting like he did before, later though we see how he takes to heart the words Kisa says to him about feelings locked away. That's the big thing this episode which the other events revolve around. Yuki has those old feelings about Akito torturing him locked away as well as the secret that he's the hat boy Tohru can't remember, Tohru herself has feelings locked away about her dad's death and not knowing much about him. While Rin tries to use Shigure to get some information and Akito is making her way to the beach house. Things are about to get very dark.
May 11, 2020 11:24 AM

Sep 2017
Hey look it's the opening happening in the actual show. Well Rin is getting her bang on. That's pretty unexpected tbh. Akito being a sociopath as usual, but looks like Shigure is tryna manip him in some way. Really like how Kyou was able to notice that Tohru was actually feeling down.
May 11, 2020 11:32 AM

May 2015
Damn this episode. I've got a really bad feeling about what's coming, specially about Tohru. I never saw coming that a simple comment from Hiro could open her wounds about something she has been for so long trying not to think about. We're finally going to see Tohru's most broken sides that were hinted in the first season.
May 11, 2020 11:35 AM

Mar 2019
Hey, a beach episode that did more than fanservice!
Well imo this doesn't really count as a "beach episode" per se, more of just a regular episode with a beach scene. Tohru is still as funny as ever, and that scene towards the end with Akito was super interesting and i'm dying to see more.
Overall another great episode.
May 11, 2020 11:39 AM

Aug 2013
That Rin fanservice was something I didn't expect.

We finally got the beach episode. It's good to see most of characters together, especially Kisa. Kyou was able to that Tohru was feeling down.

Akito coming over will only cause more problems.

May 11, 2020 11:41 AM

Apr 2014
Watched the episode and been going back on so many scenes that is important. Been having some trouble to comprehend along with having some worries on what is happening. Had a hard time breathing to even try to think about it for some reason.
May 11, 2020 11:44 AM

Dec 2018
Now it beginsssss

Can we go next week already?
May 11, 2020 11:47 AM

Mar 2019
I think in Episode 11 of this series the after effect of Thanos's Snap will show!
May 11, 2020 11:48 AM
May 2017
Finally a shoujo female anime character that actually has boobs
May 11, 2020 11:54 AM

Mar 2020
ahh, the beach house arc is so cute so far. i can't wait to see what other activities and mischiefs they get into while they're there.

also can i just say.. kyo, haru, and yuki shirtless..my eyes have been BLESSED
but i wonder if akito is gonna mess something up for them..ugh i dislike her so much.. and what is shigure hiding?? all the suspense is killing me.

also, can we talk about yuki being the little boy who gave tohru the hat? i pretty much knew from the start, but just the thought is so adorable..they knew each other even when they didn't know each other. my heart swells for them despite being a kyo/tohru shipper. i hope he's able to open up to her soon.

❝☆ 𝗧𝗵𝗮𝘁 𝘀𝘁𝗮𝗿, 𝘁𝗵𝗮𝘁 𝘀𝘁𝗮𝗿, 𝗺𝘆 𝘃𝗼𝗶𝗰𝗲 ☆

𝘐 𝘸𝘪𝘴𝘩 𝘐 𝘤𝘰𝘶𝘭𝘥 𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘤𝘩 𝘺𝘰𝘶...

May 11, 2020 11:55 AM
Sep 2015
Hiro get punished for asking the right question, "what happen to Honda's dad".
This episode gives a very strong signal that Honda will get together with Yuki (so Kyo will get together with Haru yeah!)
May 11, 2020 12:01 PM
Apr 2020
I have a lot of feelings about this episode!!!

Firstly, what the hell is up with Rin? Are her and Shigure brother and sister, because she called him gure-nii which was very strange given the context of the episode. Does Haru know about her being like this or is this a side effect of her strange accident?

Secondly, we see a lot more of the so-called 'dark side' of Shigure in this season. However, I don't believe he's evil. Like, he's in some sort of relationship with Akito but he seems underhanded and like he's trying to help in his own way. He's a double agent, working to undermine Akito but pretending to be on her side. I don't know if this is true but these are the vibes I get.

Thirdly, it was so nice to see a new side of Tohru, even if she was sad. It adds a lot of depth to her character and I'm so excited to see how they go about unraveling her trauma from the death of her mother. ALSO, it was such a nice touch that Kyo could see that something was wrong with Tohru immediately. I love them so much!

AHHHHHH so hyped for next week
May 11, 2020 12:03 PM
Apr 2020
phantomfandom said:
Hiro get punished for asking the right question, "what happen to Honda's dad".
This episode gives a very strong signal that Honda will get together with Yuki (so Kyo will get together with Haru yeah!)

I kind of disagree with this. I feel like it's more that Yuki finally opening up to Tohru and overcoming his past trauma rather than romantic feelings. I feel like Kyo has had more moments with Tohru in that sense.
May 11, 2020 12:05 PM
Jul 2018
summer vacation sounds innocent, pure and fun- but tf was that scene with shigure x rin ??! pretends doesn't get what's it on about… smh

that little brat though, everytime he gets the chance to mock mc he sails for it :v
"hidden feelings no one knows about-" yeah man, just like you, she has them too.. and a smile doesn't mean she's joyful, learn to look beyond the facade.. kyo is definitely better at that (maybe age-thing)
sigh, im sure his majesty hiro will learn a thing or two, he's not a bad dude.. guess it's tough to see others handling life differently than you so you pick on them.. because you can't do it yourself..
May 11, 2020 12:06 PM
Mar 2015
A beach episode We all have dark places in our hearts that we hide
May 11, 2020 12:11 PM

Dec 2019
Love the episode expect the scene with Akito. This episode just made me hate Akito even more than before, no sad background will change that
May 11, 2020 12:13 PM

Nov 2011
This episode has me feeling a multitude of feels.

First and foremost Hiro is an ass for saying she he said to Tohru. Like come on dude Kisa finally breaks out of her shell and has friends and you still are mean to her. This made me ANGRY.

Second. I don't know how I feel about Shigure anymore. Does he care about the wellbeing of Tohru, Yuki and Kyo? WTF was up with that scene with Rin? AND what his FREAKING RELATIONSHIP WITH AKITO??? Like how many sides of the fence is Shigure on?? I want to trust him because he is hilarious but after this episode...idk what t think about him anymore. I mean one positive thing we saw is that he shut the door so Akito wouldn't see Hatori and that random women. (ANYONE KNOW WHO THE HELL THAT WAS???) All of this made me CONFUSED!

Third. My boy Kyo knowing and seeing Tohru was very upset just by the way she was acting while collecting Beatles. Man this part filled my heart with JOY. God Kyo continues to grow on me.

God this episode was so good with a lot of questions needed to be answered. MAINLY around Shigure and what his freaking deal is!
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

May 11, 2020 12:20 PM
Feb 2020
Kyo really knows tohru very well and yuki is damn nice
Akito is damn annoying Whts her problem anyway and she likes ruining everyone's life I guess
May 11, 2020 12:50 PM
Apr 2018
Lol, TOHRU swam in one breath. :)

I like this ANIME mostly because of KYOU x TOHRU .

Like always,DRAMA and life philosophies of many characters are annoying. ROMANCE element is enjoyable.

Btw KISA, the annoying character.
May 11, 2020 12:50 PM

Apr 2019
Amazing episode. It’s getting deeper and deeper.

May 11, 2020 12:52 PM

Nov 2016
I just realized, if none of your friends has a vacation house at sea, then you got the wrong friends.

This was another interesting episode, but God, I need some answers. Hopefully we will get some soon. Based on the title of the next episode there will be some more beach fun first.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

May 11, 2020 12:59 PM

Oct 2012
We're finally getting to some conflict on the next episode. Akito is somebody I'm really curious about... I wanna know his reasons and his relationship with the other members of the zodiac.

So the owner of Tohru's hat was Yuki, after all.

It's weird because when I watched the first season of Fruits Basket as a pre-teen I was absolutely in love with Kyo and wouldn't even look at Yuki. Not sure if the s1 gave Kyo more screentime or if it was just how it was, but now, even though I still like Kyo, I absolutely *love* Yuki. I'm interested in his feelings, his past, his life, everything about him. He's straight-forward, he compliments, he speaks his mind and he struggles to be someone that can live his life. Whenever he shows up, I'm so damn happy.
May 11, 2020 1:02 PM

Feb 2018
Very interested in learning more about Shigure and Rin after this episode. Shigure's character would definitely be more interesting if he actually had this secret dark side, but I doubt it.

Also, why didn't Tohru's besties, Arisa and Hanajima, come on the beach trip I wonder? Weird.
*Mourning the disappointment of The Promised Neverland season 2.*
May 11, 2020 1:36 PM

Apr 2018
what's with that scene with Shigure and Rin it give me some weird vibe idk but it felt like there was something going on between them this is what they implied this episode I think
Beach episode 😃
Some sweet Yuki and Tohro scenes
May 11, 2020 1:56 PM

Feb 2020
wow - this season really doesn't disappoint huh

everything about fruits basket is so mysterious so much happened this episode which we don't understand so i can't wait for the next episodes. fruits basket makes me happy and kinda depressed at the same time when watching. i feel nostalgic watching it which is weird as i have not watched the older version and only started reading the manga.

can't wait for what the next few eps bring :D
May 11, 2020 2:09 PM

Apr 2018
Tohru out here again being the cutest thing in existence.

Watashi wa a victim of cyberbullying. Everyday someone online calls me a "weeb" desu. Watashi won't stand for this. 26 percent of bullying victims are chosen due to their race or religion desu. I may look like a basic white boy, but deep down I am Nihongo desu. Watashi religion is anime. Anata wa bullying me because of my race and religion desu ka? Disgusting desu. Anata should be ashamed of yourself, racist pig. A baka gaijin like anata is probably jealous of my race and culture, cause Nippon is more sugoi than your shitty country desu. Watashi pity anata. You'll never be Nihongo like watashi. Educate yourself on nani a "weeb" is.
May 11, 2020 2:43 PM

Jul 2017
wow didn't expect there to actually be some sob story regarding Tooru's dad, thought it was just a case where they kill him off and forget about it. Was Tooru an orphan then? The lady that walked out didn't seem like her mother but I'm pretty sure she had flashbacks with her mom younger than that one
May 11, 2020 2:46 PM

Jun 2014
Uh, they crammed 3 chapters (53, 54, 55) in this episode and left out some stuff and changed some stuff and changed the order of things A LOT. And next episode will be chapter 58, so they are skipping chapters again (please show us those 2 chapters later, they are important!).

Anyway, finally we see some Rin and damn, she looks even better than in the manga, so pretty and cool. <3 She and Haru are my 2nd favourite couple, they are both cool and gorgeous. <3 Loved the Kyou and Tooru scene in the see. And Yuki is finally deciding that he will open up to Tooru (some day). We ''finally'' learn that Yuki is the boy with the cap, although they made it very obvious early in season 1, lol (as opposed to the manga). We get to see more of Shigure being the sly dog he is. And we get to see a hint that Tooru has some dark problems of her own too. "Need to open the shut lid." And oh boy, here comes Akito.
Waiting for Gundam SEED Movie..... (ಥ‿ಥ)

Waiting for Sailor Moon Cosmos..... o(≧▽≦)o
May 11, 2020 2:56 PM

Jul 2014
I binged the show these past few weeks and finally caught up with it. Yay!

That scene with Shigure and Rin, damn. What's going on behind the scenes? Rin, what are you thinking? You're so mysterious and hot.

I didn't expect that butt shot of Tohru but I appreciate it xD.

She was especially funny in this episode and cute as always. But that question of Hiro about her father... Yeah, I've been wondering that, too. It's amazing how little we know and how little is talked about him.

Kisa being hit with the door and popping up her tiger tail and ears was adorable. And I loved Hiro's immediate response when Kisa said she wanted to go. lol

I like how Kyo is able to tell that Tohru is feeling down.

And then that last scene with Shigure and Akito. Man, what the hell is Shigure up to? For now, it looks like he's going to ruin the fun xD.
May 11, 2020 3:04 PM

May 2019
After 31 episodes I've finally understood what Akito is trying to accomplish. She wants to establish a harem just for her own personal use! That explains her yandere personality and high libido.

She's quite disgusting tho. That scene with Shigure made me puke. That's a major ewwwww.

In other news, turns out that the boy with the hat was Yuki all along *shocked Pikachu face*

Poor Haru tho, his girl is apparently a thot.

Nikk__ said:

Akito is damn annoying Whts her problem anyway and she likes ruining everyone's life I guess

She wants all dem Sohma bois to herself.
bluninjaMay 11, 2020 3:08 PM
If you read Eleceed you're automatically my friend.
May 11, 2020 3:34 PM

Sep 2008
Oh my. Chapters 53, 54, and 55 were adapted for this latest episode of Fruits Basket to start off the summer house arc from the manga. The anime shuffled around many scenes from all three chapters to fit them into the length for this episode and also removed a good chunk of content from Chapter 53 to cram everything in. Here were differences I spotted for this episode:

-The opening scene up to Momiji opening up the doors in Shigure’s house was added for the anime. Unlike the anime, Tohru wasn’t scared by Momiji’s appearance in the manga.
-Momiji’s invitation to the beach house for several of the other Sohmas were done when Tohru and the boys already arrived there.
-There were a few lines and small bits removed from the anime with the scene where Yuki is helping Tohru complete her homework, one bit of which includes a flustered Tohru wondering if Kyo may be annoyed if Momiji interrupts his rest before Yuki calms her down.
-Originally when Tohru and Yuki’s conversation was interrupted in the manga, the wind blew hard enough to shatter Tohru’s bedroom window before Momiji appeared. This led to a few manga-only scenes where the boys have to calm Tohru down as she panics and tend to the damage in her room. The conversation with Momiji and Tohru about their upcoming trip was added for the anime.
-The scene with Shigure seeing off Tohru and the boys was added for the anime.
-Parts of Shigure and Isuzu’s conversation regarding the damage to Tohru’s window was removed from the anime since the event never took place.
-The anime removed a small scene from the manga where Tohru was recalling her awe at seeing the inside of the Sohma summer house.
-Hiro and Kisa originally arrived a little later in Chapter 55 with Tohru and the boys at the vacation house. As a result, the anime added some extra moments to the scene where Tohru and the boys are at the beach to include Hiro and Kisa in with their interactions.
-The conversation that Hiro had about Tohru’s obsessive devotion to her mother originally took place while the two and Kisa were looking for stag beetles in the woods with Momiji in the manga.
-Tohru was originally with the older Sohmas in the manga when they discussed Hiro and Kisa’s situation.
-Yuki’s fever from the heat originally came from his swimming with Tohru and the boys in the manga. Plus, Momiji was with Tohru and Haru when tending to him.
-The reveal of Yuki being the capped boy who met Tohru as a child originally took place later in Chapter 59 of the manga.
May 11, 2020 3:37 PM

Jun 2014
nanimeanswhat said:
After 31 episodes I've finally understood what Akito is trying to accomplish. She wants to establish a harem just for her own personal use!
<CUT>

Poor Haru tho, his girl is apparently a thot.

There's a lot more to Akito and Rin. ;) We'll learn more about Rin around episode 18 in this season (chapters 78-80). And About Akito a lot later (season 3?).
Waiting for Gundam SEED Movie..... (ಥ‿ಥ)

Waiting for Sailor Moon Cosmos..... o(≧▽≦)o
May 11, 2020 3:49 PM

Apr 2015
I am getting to the point where I think that Shigure is actually the Soma-playboy! Fanservice from Rin was nice, but unexpected!! Shigure is definitely hiding something from the others and I can't wait to find out what it is!! Also that scene with Akito again...

Tohru had so much fun on the beach, that was super wholesome!! Kyo actually went into the water, not once but twice! He can't ignore a challenge when it presents itself!

Hiro said a bad thing to Tohru and it triggered something in Tohru's past, I mean in a way it was a good question, just the way he asked and stated some stuff was not right! Another thing to wonder about...

If Akito will actually go along to that vacation house with Shigure, things will become really spicy!!
May 11, 2020 3:51 PM
Sep 2018
I have been enjoying this episode and overall this season as much as the last episode of the first season which is when I started to love the series. Hiro bringing up Tohru's mom like that was insanely insensitive and it was not hard to tell at all she did not take it very well, even if she put up a positive front and it's about to get a whole lot worse with the involvement of Akito and Shigure's relationship with her. I predict it will open up a Pandora's Box of emotions and massive conflicts. Ah, I'm not ready for what's about to happen at all.
May 11, 2020 5:53 PM
Jul 2018
Shigure was truly sinister this episode. At least, he appeared as so. Such deceptiveness hid behind a cheerful, laid-back front. Just what is his questionable, implicative relationship with the mysterious Rin? From what I recall, she broke her romantic relationship with Haru a few episodes ago, is this part of a bigger plot I wonder? That said, another confusing, seemingly romantic partnership is the one of Shigure and Akito. If the innuendos are true, doesn't that mean both of them are going behind each other's back, sexually fornicating with others? Akito with Kureno and Shigure with Rin? Interestingly enough, this opens up a wide array of questions. From the looks of it, the ever so twisted Akito is planning a visit along Shigure. The next couple of episodes will be quite the doozy.

I don't blame Hiro for being a tad bit insensitive. After all, he is still just a child with mature questions and doubts plaguing his mind. He needs time to learn from his mistakes. He and Kisa make a good couple. Kisa is the shy, kind-hearted sweet girl to Hiro's naive insensitivity and stubbornness. That said, Kyo is, in many ways, similar to Hiro in terms of personality and how they go around handling things. I am pretty sure that was a major reason why Kyo could deduce it was because of Hiro that Tohru seemed kind of downtrodden. He most likely recognized the similarities he and Hiro bear.

I didn't realize it was Yuki who gave her the keepsake hat. From what I am guessing, that was around the time Yuki decided to escape from Akito's clutches? I like how this sort of ties in some relevant plot points.
removed-userMay 11, 2020 11:35 PM
May 11, 2020 6:37 PM

Mar 2016
What's on Shigure's mind? Playing with Rin (or the other way around, if you like that way better), that conversation with Akito, I don't like what this man is up to.
No tomo malas decisiones, solo me gusta apoyar causas perdidas.
Disfruté Mayoiga, Ou-sama Game, Evil or Live, Mirai Nikki, Big Order, Arifureta, Ex-Arm, Tesla Note, Shuumatsu no Harem y Platinum End
nope les falle con esa, lo siento pero todos tenemos nuestros límites.
Así de jodido es mi gusto en anime, ¡Y estoy pinche orgulloso de ello!

May 11, 2020 6:56 PM
Sep 2017
Ahh - SO MUCH going on in this episode!
Like many others here, I am truly puzzled by Shigure. Most of the time, he seems like a parent or older sibling to the kids, and I adore him because he’s funny as hell! But this isn’t the first time he’s been revealed to be hiding some major stuff. I want to like him, but wtf was that scene with Rin?!? And then, yes, I’m glad he closed the door while talking to Akito, to protect his friend from prying eyes, but to then suggest that Akito go to the beach house?!? What are you thinking, Shigure??
Yuki - awwwww! How has it taken him this long to see that hat? LOL. I’m looking forward to Tohru’s reaction when he finally tells her. Seems like he’s finally starting to have a little hope for the future - and of course right when that’s happening, we hear Akito may show up, which is going to set him way, way back, I’m sure. :(
Kyo was too funny, teasing Tohru about her swimming. I can relate - I can’t breathe while swimming either! I basically swim like she does, for short distances, lmao. I love that he was able to tell she was upset even when she was smiling and chatting away. <3
I know Hiro probably has issues, like all the Somas, and he’s young, but he’s still a little shit, and I’m glad Kisa called him out on it and made him think twice.
Very curious now about Tohru’s dad ...
I LOVE THIS SHOW!
May 11, 2020 7:18 PM

Jun 2013
I know how things will end but I love seeing it animated. Yuki's voice in this version fits him perfectly. We are learning more about him.

Also, it was heartbreaking seeing Tohru break like that. I think Hiro asking her that question triggered some painful memories. Hiro was just being his usual bratty self and I don't think he meant it.

Kisa was freaking adorable in this episode! I just wanted to give her a hug.
臭い-
May 11, 2020 7:34 PM

Jan 2019
Shigure up to some nasty shit this season.

I still don't know how to feel about Tooru responding so positively to, "Hey Stupid Girl."
May 11, 2020 8:09 PM
Apr 2018
I just have a feeling that Shigure and Rin are up to something...? Maybe they share the same goal. I don't know but this is intriguing.

Oh well, let's just enjoy the beach episode!
May 11, 2020 8:45 PM

Jul 2016
I swear, I never expected Fruits Basket could be this spicy. I mean, between last episode with that reunion between Akito and Kureno and this one with Shigure and his "moments" with both Rin and Akito... just damn.
Now jokes aside, was it really necessary to make that scene between him and Rin look that ambiguous? or did something actually happen between them? because I didn't sign for NTR when I decided to watch this series. Please, don't play with the heart of my boy Haru in such way.

Overall, it was a highly interesting episode in terms of narrative. A lot of events happened and many new (and seemingly dramatic) plot-lines were established so I'm really intrigued to know how each of them will play out. Not to mention that it now seems Akito will join the party to spice things up even more... oh boy.

As I was fearing based on the OP, Hiro was invited to the beach house and lord, how much I hated this little brat back in season 1 but thankfully, he was more bearable this time. He even asked Tohru a question I was wanting someone to ask so that's a plus. He still could have been more delicate with such topic tho.

So the boy who gave Tohru the hat was Yuki, uh? Honestly, the studio made it pretty obvious during season 1 so it didn't feel like a huge revelation after all. Still, people say there's more behind that story so I look forward to the moment when Yuki finally decides to open up.

And on a final note, Kyou being so attentive with Tohru was just too cute. I'm absolutely not a "shipper" kind of person but jeez, I can't help but find them extremely adorable together.

Anyways, this all said, can't wait for next week!
May 11, 2020 10:18 PM

May 2018
yooo what was that with shigure and rin?? completely caught me off guard... bUT THEN THAT WITH AKITO??? yall what is going ON like?
SeijatachiiiiApr 6, 2021 5:52 PM
May 11, 2020 10:36 PM

Jan 2018
Another fun and amazing episode it was! We finally got the beach episode as expected but this is all where it begins.
I've finally waited for this episode and can't wait for more! Next week will start getting a bit more serious and dark and I can't wait!

May 11, 2020 11:12 PM

Feb 2019
Tohru was extra cute this episode, especially at the start with those pigtails.

What was up with Rin? Was she coming onto Shigure for information or something? And she called her "Gure-nii"? Is he her brother or just because he's an older relative? Shigure is still one of the most mysterious characters in this show for me. What is his plan? What is he trying to do? So far the only person I'm sure he cares for are his friends Hatori and Yuki's brother. What is his relationship to Akito, really? I thought Kureno was her lover, but she embraced Shigure like that. Wow, so many questions.

And Akito's coming? I think things are going to go bad.

Still dislike Hiro. He is downright disrespectful of everyone, and especially to Tohru. Granted, he maybe doesn't know that Tohru's lost her parents. But still...

I wonder what Tohru was thinking about. Maybe she feels guilty that she doesn't remember much of her father? It's not much her fault either. He died when she was probably too young to remember anything of him. It seems we got to see more of Tohru's deepest feelings and emotions... seeing parts of her through her shell. I hope we get to see more and she manages to overcome whatever is plaguing her. In the first season, she was almost always cheerful and bright and positive. But even she has some things she keeps to herself deep in her heart.

Props to Kyo for immediately noticing that something was wrong with Tohru before anyone else did. Really goes to show how deep their bond is now.
May 11, 2020 11:15 PM
Anti-social One

Mar 2013
el_morris said:
What's on Shigure's mind? Playing with Rin (or the other way around, if you like that way better), that conversation with Akito, I don't like what this man is up to.

He a horny doggo.
Seijatachiiii said:
yooo what was that with shigure and rin?? completely caught me off guard... bUT THEN THAT WITH AIKTO??? yall what is going ON like?
Or I guess he's Akito's bitc--

x-Nezumi-x said:
Shigure was truly sinister this episode. At least, he appeared as so. Such deceptiveness hid behind a cheerful, laid-back front. Just what is his questionable, implicative relationship with the mysterious Rin? From what I recall, she broke her romantic relationship with Haru a few episodes ago, is this part of a bigger plot I wonder? That said, another confusing, seemingly romantic partnership is the one of Shigure and Akito. If the innuendos are true, doesn't that mean both of them are going behind each other's back, sexually fornicating with others? Akito with Kureno and Shigure with Rin? Interestingly enough, this opens up a wide array of questions. From the looks of it, the ever so twisted Akito is planning a visit along Shigure. The next couple of episodes will be quite the doozy.

I don't blame Hiro for being a tad bit insensitive. After all, he is still just a child with mature questions and doubts plaguing his mind. He needs time to learn from his mistakes. He and Kisa make a good couple. Kisa is the shy, kind-hearted sweet girl to Hiro's naive insensitivity and stubbornness. That said, Kyo is, in many ways, similar to Hiro in terms of personality and how they go around handling things. I am pretty sure that's a major reason he was able to deduce it was because of Hiro that Tohru seemed kind of downtrodden. He most likely recognized the similarities he and Hiro bear.

I didn't realize it was Yuki who gave her the keepsake hat. From what I am guessing, that was around the time Yuki decided to escape from Akito's clutches? I like how this sort of ties in some relevant plot points.

I feel bad for Hiro lowkey. They make him out to be a bad kid or like purposely terrorizing Tohru (which I get at one point he was), but he really is just asking whats on everyone's mind. We know not all Somas get all the.. "read the room", or normal kid socializing skills, so I actually feel kind of bad for him. (In comparison, when reading the manga, definitely harbored some irritation for him. But he doesn't know Tohru well... or girls in general. His seiyuu really portrayed his genuine curiosity and confusion well, because I feel defensive for him like I do for Kyo. Spot on though, Kyo and Hiro are literally of the same mind.

The gap of "who's best boy" is widening. Everyone has their own can of worms to deal with, but only Kyo focusing on Tohru right now.

P.S. Been a minute since I read the manga, but wondering if Tohru met Yuki is in peak father/"grieving" season on why Tohru can't remember Yuki or her dad. (which I guess yes based on all the new details weaved together in this episode alone.)
KaguyachinchinMay 11, 2020 11:21 PM
May 12, 2020 12:57 AM
Aug 2016
A very powerful episode. I felt so many emotions watching it. My highlight is the fact that Tohru is actually having darkness inside her, she's not just an innocent and goody two shoes heroine like literally all other Shoujo
May 12, 2020 1:54 AM

Aug 2013
Man it's been too long since I figured out the motivation behind Rin and Shigure...I know there's a lot of off screen stuff even in the manga but it's like....did Rin and Shigure really....or no? can't remember but the drama is about to begin!
Don't believe the hype.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fruits Basket 2nd Season Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 21, 2020

240 by LuxuriousHeart »»
May 28, 9:26 AM

Poll: » Fruits Basket 2nd Season Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 14, 2020

127 by LuxuriousHeart »»
May 27, 11:42 AM

Poll: » Fruits Basket 2nd Season Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 7, 2020

124 by LuxuriousHeart »»
May 27, 11:20 AM

Poll: » Fruits Basket 2nd Season Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 31, 2020

106 by LuxuriousHeart »»
May 27, 10:51 AM

Poll: » Fruits Basket 2nd Season Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 24, 2020

142 by LuxuriousHeart »»
May 27, 10:24 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.