Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Feb 1, 2020 5:20 PM

Oct 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
That was a great first episode.

I like Nodoka quite a bit, she is nice and bubbly but not too much. I really look forward to Hinata, great first impression and that she could be fun.

Fairies are... less annoying than usually, it's also bit weird they look familiar (to either Kirakira or that penguin one in Yes5).
Same goes for monster, bit more like Zakenna than what we've got in previous season.
Feb 1, 2020 5:27 PM

Nov 2008
The visuals looks so top notch, especially the CG, it's actually better than Aikatsu and Pripara. While Nodoka is great (it also turns out she was an ill girl when she was younger), I don't care for the fairies though, but the purification is unique for the franchise (it's a literal forced extraction of the elementals, which does fit the medical theme).

Feb 1, 2020 5:36 PM
Jul 2018
Agreed on it being a good ep. Really liking Nodoka; fairly standard, but she has a touch of nuance to her character that I found interesting. Chiyu and Hinata gave good first impressions as well. It's gonna be a good year.
Feb 1, 2020 8:04 PM
Jul 2018
Random question but where did you guys go to watch it?
Feb 1, 2020 10:38 PM
Dec 2015
sail the seven seas either through torrents (aka. Nyaa) or kissanime or other sites to watch this.

Which is pretty much the only way for Precure to be watched
Feb 2, 2020 12:42 AM

Oct 2011
finally Star Twinkle ended.

and a very good first episode for this new Precure series

I like the designs a lot, the three girls look the same age, instead of the leader being younger.

A few things reminded me of the first ep Princess Precure, like Nodoka arriving new town on car, the fairy dog to Paffu and the similar town/beach views when Cure Grace jumps.

Cant wait to see more.
MARxRGFeb 2, 2020 12:48 AM
Feb 2, 2020 2:34 AM
Jan 2019
Really good first episode. I really liked Nodoka and I want to see more of Hinata. I still find Chiyu as the typical blue precure in terms of design and personality, but luckily Nodoka and Hinata are there to compensate Chiyu.

The fairies are okay, I really liked Peguitan and Nyatoran, but Rabbirin was too bossy for my taste.
Feb 2, 2020 3:05 AM

Dec 2018
Nodoka is so precious and full of genki!! And she really like other girls!! When she see pretty girls running past her!!! She start blushing then yells pretty lady!!! And chase after them!!!,,,YEEES!!! Awwwww Honey!! You are my magical lesbian!! I can tell that right away!! Dont you worry pumpkin!! You and your new girlfriend will definitely do some sweet lesbian kissing later!!!,, Then transformation time!! And I even got to see her tasty little anime girl feet!!!,,YEEES!!!

That was a great episode!!! It have some Yuri only girls a lot of cuteness!! And most importance perverted transformations,,YEEEES!!! I like this new precure and the new group of magical lesbians!! The start was really strong!! I give it 8/10

Yes sweetheart!!! That is another girl and you really like her dont you!!! Lesbians are so fucking cute!!! ,,,YEEEES!!!

Yuri-CrusaderFeb 2, 2020 3:24 AM
Feb 2, 2020 3:20 AM

Nov 2019
Boy am I loving this, it feels like I'm watching the old precure again. Loving the opening and the ending rocks.
The fairies are funny as hell and they look like pokemon starters lol.
Nodoka is a sweet MC, she seems really likeable.
I also liked the backgrounds, it seems like they put effort into designing the city. I guess it makes sense since the season is about environment. I actually felt terrible when the villain tried to destroy that beautiful park. They really nailed the theme this year.
I have to admit I cried a bit when Nodoka was holding the fairy in her arms before transforming. Thank god they got rid of the terrible singing during the transformation that they had in star twinkle.
Healing goodbye
Feb 2, 2020 3:43 AM

Jul 2016
johnrevenge said:

The fairies are okay, I really liked Peguitan and Nyatoran, but Rabbirin was too bossy for my taste.

I think the same. I loved the whole episode but Rabirin gave me negative impression. Especially in the preview of the next episode where se wants a new partner.
Feb 2, 2020 4:07 AM

Sep 2016
You know, I thought I would hate this because of the title but I ended up liking this a lot. It's probably my favorite first episodes of the few Precures I watched. So, far the yellow Precure will be my favorite which sad because she is will probably be the last to become a Precure.
Feb 2, 2020 5:00 AM
Jan 2019
Idol-Hakase said:
johnrevenge said:

I think the same. I loved the whole episode but Rabirin gave me negative impression. Especially in the preview of the next episode where se wants a new partner.

Yeah, Rabirin during the battle was too bossy for my taste, maybe in the future she'll calm down a little. I really liked Peguitan and Nyatoran because they were more realistic about their potential partner (although I hope that Peguitan becomes a little more cheerful in the future xd)
Feb 2, 2020 5:02 AM
Jun 2011
Yuri-Crusader said:
Nodoka is so precious and full of genki!! And she really like other girls!! When she see pretty girls running past her!!! She start blushing then yells pretty lady!!! And chase after them!!!,,,YEEES!!! Awwwww Honey!! You are my magical lesbian!! I can tell that right away!! Dont you worry pumpkin!! You and your new girlfriend will definitely do some sweet lesbian kissing later!!!,, Then transformation time!! And I even got to see her tasty little anime girl feet!!!,,YEEES!!!

That was a great episode!!! It have some Yuri only girls a lot of cuteness!! And most importance perverted transformations,,YEEEES!!! I like this new precure and the new group of magical lesbians!! The start was really strong!! I give it 8/10

Yes sweetheart!!! That is another girl and you really like her dont you!!! Lesbians are so fucking cute!!! ,,,YEEEES!!!

lets hope she stay healty and not end up in the hospital like in the past
Feb 2, 2020 5:26 AM
Jul 2018
Nodoka is just a Madoka wannabe. The show seems cool but it might be a bit too cutesy for my liking. I'll keep watching for now.
Feb 2, 2020 5:28 AM
Jul 2014
Nodaka can't help but help people and seems to have a very good reason for it, that I can appreciate. Love the finisher in that drills into the motw and grabs the essence out of its chest.
Feb 2, 2020 7:01 AM
Nov 2019
Woahh!!!! I'm so happy dude, I loved this first episode a lot it was great! Nodoka kind of reminds me of the main girl for Heartcatch just a little, yeah their personalities are vastly different (Because Heartcatch is honestly way different from ALL of the series) but they both had the more down to earth "Actually-could-be-a-real-person" Feel to them! I loved all of the fairies so much! They're like, actual characters. I don't know, I always felt like the fairies in the Precise series were such insignificant part but I feel like I could actually call these guys characters and actually have one of or all of them be my favorite of all the other characters. Though that depends on how they perform for the episodes to come,,, Either way I love them. AND THE VILLAIN, WOWOWOW HE'S HOT OKAY? IF NO ONE THROUGHOUT THIS WHOLE SERIES FALLS IN LOVE WITH THIS HOTTIE, OR HE DOESN'T REFORM, I'M RIOTING. LIKE D A M N. The other girls were cute too! I can tell I'm really gonna love the one with pigtails. From the other replies I think her name is Chiyu? She's so cute! 5/5 episode.

Edit: Woops, wait, the pigtailed one is Hinata? I'm so confused and sad!
TenteiCarpFeb 2, 2020 7:05 AM
Feb 2, 2020 7:05 AM
Oct 2017
I always have a bit of a hard time with the first episodes. For me what makes the anime great is the bondes you get to the characters, how strong they are and the difficulties they had to go trough.
But obviously character development takes time, so naturally I won't be in love with the first episodes.
But I do think that this episode was very promising and that we can expect a great season.

(I did think is was a little weird when the fairy started talking when they were a wand/transformation item, but other than that no complaints!)
Feb 2, 2020 7:15 AM
Oct 2017
AkihiraBaka said:
Random question but where did you guys go to watch it?

Kissanime, gogoanime and chiaanime are my top picks :)
Feb 2, 2020 7:38 AM

Mar 2010
Decent episode. Been a while since I watched a precure series. I did not like that rabbit wand tho lol
Feb 2, 2020 8:01 AM

Jun 2016
my first precure, i hope they tone down the 'cute' stuff, it's really annoying imo (like the kyu sound when hitting the paw)

liked the rest tho
Feb 2, 2020 8:54 AM
Jul 2017
Loved it! Seems promising judging by the first episode 😄
Feb 2, 2020 9:36 AM

Mar 2018
i'll miss star twinkle but i am super hyped for healin good! the animation was top notch for the franchise... both cg and traditional. i hope it continues to impress! i also really loved nodoka, she reminds me of megumi and haruka.... and it seems the precure title goes to BOTH the fairy and the girl this time? i'm really excited...
Feb 2, 2020 9:46 AM
Sep 2015
'The Earth needs treatment'
So now they're trying to promote environmentalism by using health theme (germ/doctor) as a metaphor. A little bit too safe? They could tackle climate crisis that will make this show more radical and more controversial, just like when they feature gay characters in Hugtto.
Feb 2, 2020 11:16 AM

Oct 2010
hyosun said:
my first precure, i hope they tone down the 'cute' stuff, it's really annoying imo (like the kyu sound when hitting the paw)

liked the rest tho

Quite a tall order considering Precure is made for younger girls 🤭
Feb 2, 2020 11:58 AM
Dec 2015
phantomfandom said:
'The Earth needs treatment'
So now they're trying to promote environmentalism by using health theme (germ/doctor) as a metaphor. A little bit too safe? They could tackle climate crisis that will make this show more radical and more controversial, just like when they feature gay characters in Hugtto.

it's just the first episode lol. Henri didn't appear in the very beginning either, so I'm sure we'll see a ton of stuff about climate change
Feb 2, 2020 12:25 PM

Dec 2018
Well, at least the villain doesn't look like a complete joke like in the previous series.
Feb 2, 2020 1:17 PM

Sep 2017
Decent first episode
I really like how fluid the animation looks in the opening. And the ending song is super catchy.
Not a fan of the precure designs. Unsure how to feel about Nodoka's voice.
Princess Latte is super cute, already can tell she's gonna rank high on the fairy tier list. The villain design for this episode is cool! Can tell this might be a series where I like the villains more than the precure.
The themes seem interesting enough. I'm unsure if I'm gonna keep up with this week by week considering I still have the 2nd half of Startwinkle to watch but we'll see

Edit: based on design alone, Hinata will probably end up as my favorite girl. I've always had a slight bias towards Yellow cures
redvelvetdollFeb 2, 2020 1:21 PM
Feb 2, 2020 1:22 PM

Sep 2017
hyosun said:

liked the rest tho

thats a precure mainstay.
you would hate hugtto precure then. huguuuuuuu
Feb 2, 2020 3:37 PM

Jul 2015
Pink Precures are my weakness and looks like Nodoka won't be an exception, I already like her a ton!

I'm curious about her past, she seemed to have gone through an awful time and now she's recovering from it in that beautiful town. Health seems that will be a big theme from this entry and Nodoka already fits pretty strongly on that.

Both OP and ED were really good and I both songs and animation pleased me immensely.

Zero complaints so far, I can't wait to see more of this entry!
Feb 2, 2020 10:16 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
My second try at the franchise! Although my first try was technically not even a try since I only watched one episode and realized I didn't have the time to keep watching it weekly XD Anyways, so far, I really like it! As in, I feel motivated to keep watching, unlike Hug tto, which I thought I could like it more with future episodes. At least no annoying baby here :>

I like Nodoka's personality, and I'm interested in her flashback where she was hospitalized. The fairies are cute as well, none of them are annoying to me yet. The other two main characters, Hinata and Chiyu seem cool, I'm excited to get to know them. Also, their hair colors being on the more realistic side in their human forms is a nice touch.
Feb 3, 2020 12:09 AM

Jun 2016
Kogameh said:
hyosun said:

liked the rest tho

it's not that i dislike those type of shows, i'll probably get used to it in a couple of episodes

i recently watched some of fancy lala, which i really liked

has fairies too but nowhere as annoying
Feb 3, 2020 3:43 AM

Oct 2007
Good start. So animals are the theme again this time, thankfully there are physical fights! The other animal themed precure sort of went to shit for me because all they did is put icing on the enemies.

The fact that they fight pathogen makes me remember Cells at Work. :D
Feb 3, 2020 5:31 AM

May 2018
This was a very promising first episode! Loved every minute of it.
Really liked Aoi Yuki as Nodoka too.
This is not your planet to rule. The Fallen shall rise again.
Feb 3, 2020 8:45 AM

Oct 2011
just to complement my previous post about the girls looking the same age.

i just remembered to watch the next ep preview, which i don't know why i forgot/didnt watched the other day.

Then i noticed this right away.

The girls are also in the same class.
and a lovely reaction from Hinata <3

MARxRG said:
finally Star Twinkle ended.

and a very good first episode for this new Precure series

I like the designs a lot, the three girls look the same age, instead of the leader being younger.

A few things reminded me of the first ep Princess Precure, like Nodoka arriving new town on car, the fairy dog to Paffu and the similar town/beach views when Cure Grace jumps.

Cant wait to see more.
MARxRGFeb 3, 2020 9:46 AM
Feb 3, 2020 3:58 PM

Nov 2019
For those who don't know this year marks not just one but two PreCure shows anniversaries. Go! Princess PreCure is celebrating its 5th Anniversary right now and soon HeartCatch PreCure! will celebrate its 10th Anniversary this week on Friday. Both PreCure shows are the best ones and that is why I have my favorite character Kirara Amanogawa as my picture avatar.
LaytonPuzzle27Feb 3, 2020 4:05 PM
Feb 3, 2020 5:26 PM

Apr 2011
Kogameh said:
hyosun said:

liked the rest tho

I know right? I saw it and chuckled to myself but it is their first series.
Feb 4, 2020 12:55 AM

Apr 2013
Really nice episode, dynamic, with great visuals. Also the design reminds me a lot of Yes Precure, which I really loved ! Also, the theme of the series is a really good choice, considering what's going on lately.
I can't wait to see what's next, and I really want to know what happened to Nodoka. I like when the Precures hold a "heavy" past (much like in Hugtto), it makes the whole story very interesting. It looks really promising !
Feb 4, 2020 3:22 AM

May 2008
LaytonPuzzle27 said:
For those who don't know this year marks not just one but two PreCure shows anniversaries. Go! Princess PreCure is celebrating its 5th Anniversary right now and soon HeartCatch PreCure! will celebrate its 10th Anniversary this week on Friday. Both PreCure shows are the best ones and that is why I have my favorite character Kirara Amanogawa as my picture avatar.

Go! Princess is really good. But i can't say the same HeartCatch. I mean HeartCatch is good too but it far away from the best. I mean it not the same level as the Original, Splash Star,Yes precure 5, Princess, Mahotsukai and Hugtto!. For some reason heartcatch is one of the most overrated precure series ever. (And sadly Mahotsukai is the Most underrated precure series)
Feb 4, 2020 11:26 AM
Jul 2018
TenteiCarp said:
Woahh!!!! I'm so happy dude, I loved this first episode a lot it was great! Nodoka kind of reminds me of the main girl for Heartcatch just a little, yeah their personalities are vastly different (Because Heartcatch is honestly way different from ALL of the series) but they both had the more down to earth "Actually-could-be-a-real-person" Feel to them! I loved all of the fairies so much! They're like, actual characters. I don't know, I always felt like the fairies in the Precise series were such insignificant part but I feel like I could actually call these guys characters and actually have one of or all of them be my favorite of all the other characters. Though that depends on how they perform for the episodes to come,,, Either way I love them. AND THE VILLAIN, WOWOWOW HE'S HOT OKAY? IF NO ONE THROUGHOUT THIS WHOLE SERIES FALLS IN LOVE WITH THIS HOTTIE, OR HE DOESN'T REFORM, I'M RIOTING. LIKE D A M N. The other girls were cute too! I can tell I'm really gonna love the one with pigtails. From the other replies I think her name is Chiyu? She's so cute! 5/5 episode.

Edit: Woops, wait, the pigtailed one is Hinata? I'm so confused and sad!

I see we think alike. :eyes:

YES!! I'm loving how down to earth Nodoka is, and it makes sense that she wants to help whoever is in pain because she was once in pain too when she was younger. I wonder what happened to her in the past?

On the animation side of things, Cure Grace's transformation sequence and part of the opening were animated by the lovely Naotoshi Shida: https://www.sakugabooru.com/post/show/111056 and https://www.sakugabooru.com/post/show/111055 respectively. I have hope for this season. (੭ ˃̣̣̥ ㅂ˂̣̣̥)੭ु

Also, another similarity to HeartCatch:
Tsubomi Hanasaki
Nodoka Hanadera
:thonk:
Feb 4, 2020 2:30 PM

Aug 2007
LaytonPuzzle27 said:

Its true! Both seasons are my favourites. This will be a good year for precure.

About the episode was a good beginning. Sure it can be a good story. Well, they don{t sing on the transformation, but its cute.
Feb 5, 2020 6:13 AM

Jan 2016
This was a great first episode! I like the theme, the design of the cures is beautiful and the lead is cute. I like that she has a good reason for wanting to save people, usually it's annoying to see a 13 yo girl jumping into danger for no reason, but the fact that she was ill and want to protect others from suffering is touching.
Feb 5, 2020 12:46 PM

Apr 2011
Also, am I the only one who's had Miracle to Link Ring on repeat since I watched the episode? I need the full version asap
Feb 6, 2020 2:15 PM

Oct 2016
Such a great first episode! I'm really excited for this season. The animation is gorgeous!!
Feb 16, 2020 12:19 AM

Nov 2012
Soooooooooo it's the town from Ponyo? :P

I like that each of the girls gets their own fairy in this one. Gives me the smallest level of Pokemon vibes, which always makes me be happy. I hope they each get a cute bond with their teammate!

The mascot turning into the transformation item though.... can't decide how I feel about it. It's kind of disturbing. ._.;
Feb 19, 2020 10:48 AM

Dec 2008
Oh look, a Pretty Cure series that focuses more than average on curing.

I'm not sure about this one so far. I didn't really like the new main. I didn't dislike her either, but it seemed to focus on how wonderful and cute she is and not much else. Kind of bland and boring for me, though I'm obviously in the minority.

The series is really pretty though. I like how the three's hair colors are more muted, and then become vibrant in their cure forms. I'll give it a few more episodes at least.
prepare4troubleFeb 19, 2020 10:54 AM
Feb 29, 2020 1:39 PM

Jul 2015
fwow! kawaii precure with tanya's voice
Mar 13, 2020 2:24 AM

Mar 2014
Standard first episode for a Precure series.
Not a fan of the main girl so far, but at least she's not completely stupid like the Star Twinkle one.
Animation was very bellow average for a first episode, which worries me. OP looks lit tho.
Directing is all over the place. I don't like how it jumps from one thing to another out of nowhere.
The themes are obvious and that bothers me a little. I hope they don't get in the way too much.
Overall not really feeling this one. I hope I'm wrong.
Mar 31, 2020 6:35 AM
Jul 2018
I wasn't sure if I'd like it or not, but it was actually really good! I love the personality Nodoka has.
Apr 3, 2020 9:51 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
We need them to heal the earth from coronavirus, the main girl is kinda cute even if the pets are a bit ridiculous tbh
Apr 28, 2020 9:44 PM
The Destroyer.
Feb 2013
Yeah, better first episode than the previous entry, similar style to Huggto and Princess. However can't help the fact that it is generic. The main lead is almost the same as Hana from Huggto.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Healin' Good♡Precure Episode 5 Discussion

Nemesis_Ranka - Mar 2, 2020

12 by AnimeFan1245 »»
May 26, 9:36 PM

Poll: » Healin' Good♡Precure Episode 45 Discussion

Ellenwitch - Feb 20, 2021

16 by CronoGlasses »»
Mar 10, 3:18 PM

Poll: » Healin' Good♡Precure Episode 42 Discussion

Ellenwitch - Jan 30, 2021

23 by extralie »»
Jan 29, 2:48 AM

Poll: » Healin' Good♡Precure Episode 43 Discussion

Ashhk - Feb 6, 2021

6 by Atsunome »»
Aug 6, 2023 7:52 PM

Poll: » Healin' Good♡Precure Episode 33 Discussion

Ashhk - Nov 21, 2020

8 by extralie »»
Apr 29, 2023 7:29 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.