Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Chihayafuru
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jan 14, 2020 8:57 AM

Nov 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------

Suki ya, Chihaya!

Oh God! I have been hoping to see this moment animated for so long! At one point of my life, I actually gave up! T_T

The Chihayafuru we all know and adore will start changing from here onward! This is where everything is set in motion! Get yourselves ready, minna! Embrace yourselves for the masterpiece it will become! Although it has already been one in my books for many years now!

What an adaptation this has it been so far! Those who are skipping this season would never know! T_T

11/10

Edit: Because this moment is frame worthy!
shanimebibJan 14, 2020 5:16 PM
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Jan 14, 2020 8:58 AM

Nov 2011
Harada's match with Arata is pretty thrilling with all eyes on them.

Meanwhile, it's pretty interesting to see the character study on Harada himself. So much tears and emotions in the aftermath of the match though. It's a celebration of karuta itself and Harada is also thankful.

Quite an emotional episode.
Jan 14, 2020 9:08 AM

Nov 2007
Teacher trying his best holding his hurting knee after seeing meijin and remembering what he said to him.

Showing teacher when he was young. He was a doctor...

Also showing young teacher popular among kids.

Teacher trying his best to do his "creepy" karuta, and Hosoya-san's character trying his best to accept his challenge.

Teacher won (and seems like Hosoya-san's character protected his cards?).

Main girl would have done differently? Hosoya-san's character confessed?! and said he is going to university in Tokyo? Main girl is shocked.

Mamo's character returning scarf and meijin got brokenhearted. ex-queen said he's so cool.

Current queen surprised at Hosoya-san's character lost, hearing from meijin. Meijin also gave a weird warning (using foods).
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Jan 14, 2020 9:13 AM

Oct 2019
shanimebib said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
Suki ya, Chihaya!

Oh God! I have been hoping to see this moment animated for so long! At one point of my life, I actually gave up! T_T

The Chihayafuru we all know and adore will start changing from here onward! This is where everything is set in motion! Get yourselves ready, minna! Embrace yourselves for the masterpiece it will become! Although it has already been one in my books for many years now!

What an adaptation this has it been so far! Those who are skipping this season would never know! T_T

11/10

Wont be able to watch the episode until the subs come out on more accessible sites(dont have crunchy) but shit im so not ready for this episode.. Also I saw that the episode is not even out on crunchy yet, dont tell me you watched the raw?
Jan 14, 2020 9:14 AM

Nov 2007
I cannot believe Suou-meijin also had a heartbreak in the same episode! Taichi protecting Chihaya from the weirdo-meijin was really so cool! I love Taichi so much! ❤ It's just unfortunate that he is in a story where I have mai boi Arata! ❤

Also, Chihaya's reaction to Arata's confession was so adorable! She was probably hit with the biggest shock of her life! ❤

Man, I want to re-watch this episode already so badly again! T_T

@Fionavar: Yes. It was on Nihon. Got a link from 5ch. I am not gonna do that next time. The streaming quality was super poor. Also, I am in my workplace so had to be extra cautious and keep my expressions inside me!

It has been a while since I watched an anime while it aired in Japan. The last I did was with Kaguya-sama.
shanimebibJan 14, 2020 9:20 AM
Coronavirus.
Jan 14, 2020 12:50 PM

Oct 2017
hats off to Arata GOD DAMN they delivered *t h a t m o m e n t* perfectly.

the ball's in your court now Chihaya! make the call!!!!!

(btw Taichi is my favorite character but I think Chihaya x Arata has gotta be the better ship)

i think we heard two new OSTs this episode? liked them a lot.
TurnchJan 14, 2020 12:59 PM
Jan 14, 2020 1:05 PM
Community Mod
Peacemaker

Jan 2017
This episode was intense. I wasn't expecting the double (sort of) confession. Maybe as a season finale (or the episode before), but this is only slightly over the halfway point of the third season. Hopefully they handle this triangle with more finesse than twilight (or most other anime for that matter). I don't really care that much about who gets Chihaya since she is my favorite character and the other two are pretty even to me.
Jan 14, 2020 1:23 PM
May 2017
YAYY HARADA WON!!! WHAT??? ARATA CONFESSED TO CHIHAYA AND TAICHI CALLED HIMSELF HER BOYFRIEND! I didn't expect Suo to be a teacher.
Jan 14, 2020 1:25 PM

Mar 2017
TOO FUCKING GOOD holy shit this anime is amazing its sad that the scores are still fucked
Jan 14, 2020 1:28 PM

Mar 2013
I'm sad Arata didn't win the game but I'm so glad he confessed. Taichi's such a creep. Once again showing he'll go behind Chihaya's back to twist things without her knowledge just like when they were kids. Don't get why anyone likes him.
Jan 14, 2020 1:29 PM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Aaaand the fangirls all go wild

Always bothered me a bit how people try to frame Chihayafuru as a shipping story when it really isn't but that aside it's definitely a nice moment

Harada winning was always going to be the better option for the story too
Jan 14, 2020 1:31 PM

Oct 2019
HaXXspetten said:

To be fair we really fucking deserved this moment x)
Jan 14, 2020 1:32 PM

Nov 2007
-Akirion- said:
TOO FUCKING GOOD holy shit this anime is amazing its sad that the scores are still fucked

As things stand, are there is no point discussing the score in MAL.
Coronavirus.
Jan 14, 2020 1:34 PM

Jun 2015
Amazing episode. Perhaps the best of S3 I'd say. I can't forget to mention how Yamashita's OST keeps on delivering, from the opening minutes to the match's finale.
Jan 14, 2020 1:35 PM

Mar 2017
shanimebib said:
-Akirion- said:

As things stand, are there is no point discussing the score in MAL.

i guess you're right
Jan 14, 2020 1:36 PM

Mar 2019
Best Chihayafuru episode so far! I hope justice comes soon with the score. This series is killing it! :)
Jan 14, 2020 1:45 PM

May 2019
I'm so glad Harada won, and i'm happy with the reaction he got for winning. Arata confessed to Chihaya and Taichi told Suo that he is her boyfriend... this is slowly becoming a proper love triangle.
Jan 14, 2020 1:46 PM
Mar 2015
From Harada winning to Arata confessing ,this episode was perfect Glad Harada became nasty The hug chihaya gave Taichi was precious All Chihaya did was repeat what Harada told her but to Arata it meant more to him that she would send her favorites in order to fight harder to get them back Taichi broke Suo with his boyfriend comment leading to divorce it is important that Arata thinks he lacks love
Jan 14, 2020 1:51 PM

Sep 2017
That was a pretty wild ride. Harada-sensei kept me at the verge of tears just to get absolutely shocked by Arata's confession.

And Taichi being Taichi once again with his possessiveness. Not a fan of this type of character, but this is a josei anime... I have no choice.

Jan 14, 2020 2:02 PM

Sep 2018
God Damn so much has happened in this episode!!!

That match was fucking intense my face was practically glued to my laptop. Im so happy that Harada-sensei won he 100% deserves it!

Suou-san was yet again simply hilarious with his love-at-first-site with Chihaya and then Taichi came and broke this poor guys heart...

Also Arata confessed out of nowhere and left Chihaya speechless. Things just keep getting better and better!
well that's just my opinion.....
Jan 14, 2020 2:02 PM

Nov 2007
Unowen said:
Amazing episode. Perhaps the best of S3 I'd say.

And this is just the start! The second half of this season will reach heights one could hardly imagine.

I would say one could now board the hype for real!

Ah, before I forget, congratulations to Harada-sensei! I just couldn't root for him because of Arata but he earned it! He also got Suou-meijin's vote of confidence earlier so there is that.

Regardless, I was torn to bits on how everyone celebrated at the expense of this lonely figure from Fukui. But at then end of everything, this will help Arata grow.

People say he is divine and has everything served on his plate but it's far from the truth. He is human and humane. There is a beautiful child residing inside him that is innocent and kind. This is why he is so precious to me. And he had the most challenging life growing up. When kids his age were playing around or were improving their grades in specialized cramming schools, he was delivering newspapers to help his not so welloff family. How can anyone dislike someone hardworking and honest like Arata is beyond me.

straggy said:
I'm sad Arata didn't win the game but I'm so glad he confessed. Taichi's such a creep. Once again showing he'll go behind Chihaya's back to twist things without her knowledge just like when they were kids. Don't get why anyone likes him.

That was to fend off Suou-meijin ofc. How can you say bad things about Taichi like that?
Coronavirus.
Jan 14, 2020 2:06 PM
Apr 2016
And I was just thinking it couldn't get any better - it did - way better! A love confession from Arata and then that from Taichi... just crazy. Unfortunate that Arata lost, despite the fact that I'm happy Harada won too.
Jan 14, 2020 2:09 PM

Oct 2019
straggy said:

shanimebib said:
That was to fend off Suou-meijin ofc. How can you say bad things about Taichi like that?

Still not a cool thing to do, also he honestly had no right to do that.
Jan 14, 2020 2:28 PM
Aug 2016
Absolute masterpiece episode, imo the best out of all 3 seasons.
This S3 has a really chance to be a 10.
Jan 14, 2020 2:37 PM

Jul 2017
Yet another excellent episode from this season. Delivered on so many levels with match in the first half and then the more personal stuff at the end.
I've scored this season a 10 just to counterbalance the score a bit. Normally I don't score till the end and hardly ever give a 10, but I think it may well stay as is when it's finished.
Jan 14, 2020 2:40 PM

Sep 2011
Poor Chihaya. Harems are not good for your health. In less than an hour she has been (spoiler for this episode):

It would hit anyone hard even an airhead like her. And it looks like she hasn't talked to dr. Harada yet. Oh the possibilities... lol

Props to Inokuma for that one sentence and to Shinobu for being... Shinobu.

I love this show. And that even without mentioning the match which was great.
LinaerisJan 14, 2020 2:45 PM
Jan 14, 2020 3:06 PM
Jul 2019
Just absolutely screaming at Arata's confession. What a beauty.
Jan 14, 2020 3:12 PM

May 2011
Kobayasan said:
I'm so glad Harada won, and i'm happy with the reaction he got for winning. Arata confessed to Chihaya and Taichi told Suo that he is her boyfriend... this is slowly becoming a proper love triangle.

It was becoming a square but Taichi said nope!
Jan 14, 2020 3:37 PM

Feb 2019
Damn, Arata lost the match, but the boy has got 'em balls. Poor Suo though, losing his bride so soon into the marriage.
Jan 14, 2020 4:01 PM
Apr 2018
Really dont know where to start. Well at least by saying best episode of s3 so far and one of the best of the entire series.

First of all the match, Absolute mad stuff.
"No matter how many people are behind you or whoever taught you, its you in the end and the reader ,thats what matters in karuta" Beautifully put.
Even though i love Arata, Harada sensei deserved every bit of it. This man lost 11 years of his youth and prime time without getting a chance at the meijin title which he could have won. Still his beliefs and his way of teaching the youth about karuta while improving himself despite his age, he is the embodiment of a great passionate karuta player. He mustered the will power to go over his pains and exhaustion,after he saw suo and knew he had to end his eternal reign, Respect.

https://i.ibb.co/qRxd3jw/safasfafq.png

Arata losing just goes to show he is not ready yet, even though he has amazing skills, he lacks experience in major tournaments which harada sensei displayed to him. Playing his grandpa's karuta is not enough, he needs to work on his own style as well.
One moment i really liked was when Arata picked up the cards for Harada, reminding that he still is his student and respects him for still teaching him through this match and Harada thanking him. Even after the match Arata talking about what he was lacking which he saw in Harada sensei.

Then we come to suo, well he got what he wanted i.e. harada being his opponent for title and on the other lost his "Bride" xD .
I was again gonna be a little disappointed in taichi being possessive and claiming to be her boyfriend, but since he kinda wanted to fend off suo & protect her, i guess i am gonna be neutral on that.

And then we have shinobu who kept shutting down suo for irritating her and making him cry xD, couldnt believe Arata lost. Contemplating on Suo's taunt at her calling her a " Fresh Apple" and doubting herself, but for real suo isnt completely wrong. Even for a queen the challenges are real.
Also her mom is wrong, shinobu looks adorable in the hair style. :3

Mod Edit: Unembedded picture, please only embed one Screenshot in Episode Discussion threads
Fleeting_DreamJan 21, 2020 2:21 PM
Jan 14, 2020 5:13 PM

Oct 2017
My boy Arata finally confessed, feel bad for Sou though.
Jan 14, 2020 5:33 PM

Dec 2014
Fantastic episode.

Hell yeah! Harada won! I was rooting for him at the very end, loved the final monologue and so much emotion after he won. <3

Damn, I did not expect Arata to confess to Chihaya right there but it was such a sweet moment.
Jan 14, 2020 5:39 PM

Nov 2007
I updated the first post with a moment that deserves it!

Fionavar said:
Still not a cool thing to do, also he honestly had no right to do that.

Eh, he realized Suou-meijin was hitting on Chihaya! But I forgot that you like Suou-meijin!

-SP- said:
My boy Arata finally confessed, feel bad for Sou though.

Eh?! You feel bad for Suou-meijin as well? I don't want him to take my Chihaya!

Kipo0007 said:
Contemplating on Suo's taunt at her calling her a " Fresh Apple" and doubting herself, but for real suo isnt completely wrong. Even for a queen the challenges are real.

Suou-meijin says some amazing stuff! It resonates with when he said "but you won't be the next" to Arata! Shinobu should pay more heed to him actually!

And yes, her hairstyle is so cute! Everything she does oozes cuteness! I don't see why everyone thinks (in the Chihayafuru universe) that she is an oddball!

Kosmonaut said:
Damn, Arata lost the match, but the boy has got 'em balls. Poor Suo though, losing his bride so soon into the marriage.

That's one of the reasons why I like him so much. He is straightforward with everything. It started from "But you cannot call it a dream" to Chihaya back in those days! His straightforwardness has the ability to shake people up just like his "That's cowardly" was the first thing that hit Taichi in the guts.

And now he is thinking about getting out of the shadows of his grandfather and win for himself. He realized what he lacked were meanness, experience and passion but more than anything they were love - for karuta, for Chihaya who loves karuta, and for himself who loves Chihaya. His confession to Chihaya was the culmination of the love he felt at that very moment.

_Ridley_ said:
Just absolutely screaming at Arata's confession. What a beauty.

I know! That's why I had to change my first post!
shanimebibJan 14, 2020 5:43 PM
Coronavirus.
Jan 14, 2020 5:42 PM
Sep 2017
Holy amazeballs - so freaking much to love in this episode!
For the match - I could never root against Arata, but I’m not upset that Harada sensei won, because he’s an awesome mentor, and he truly deserved it. I wish him the best of luck against Suo, although I have no idea how he could possibly beat him. I adore Arata for picking up the cards for Harada! So kind and respectful. <3

Taichi claiming to be Chihaya’s boyfriend irritated me big time at first, but then I realized he likely did that so that Suo wouldn’t pursue her, so I can forgive him for that as a spur of the moment reaction. Plus I somewhat low-key felt bad for him when he was wondering if he had wasted a lot of his youth on karata and would end up with nothing to show for it - which in his mind obviously only means Chihaya. I do like Taichi, just occasionally some of the “leaning towards selfish” things he does bug me, but then he can turn right around and be super self-sacrificing at times as well. My relationship with his character is “it’s complicated” LOL.

Suo was once again the comic relief of the episode - and Shinobu’s mom is a witch.

And then of course there was my favorite part - Arata’s confession!!!! I squealed as if he’d just confessed to me! LMAO It was so beautiful how happy he was when he told her - all his frustration and sadness at losing the match went away, and he was focused on her, and the words just popped out. And then the blush and embarrassment as it sunk in what he had just blurted out was simply adorable - as was Chihaya’s stunned reaction, LOL.

How I hate waiting a week between episodes!
Jan 14, 2020 6:02 PM
Sep 2018
I couldn't have said that any better myself. That episode was incredibly hype and had the perfect everything, OST, directing, visuals, etc. Season 3 is tied with Season 2 at this point.

shanimebib said:

Suki ya, Chihaya!

11/10

Edit: Because this moment is frame worthy!
Jan 14, 2020 6:11 PM

Apr 2019

Wow, this was a pretty great episode! Quite the emotional one as well.

That was a pretty intense match between, but in the end, Harada beat Arata. So now we'll get to see Harada play against Suo in the Masters, pretty excited to see them verse each other.

Also speaking of Suo, glad he got to , although he can't seem to escape being hit by a ball lol.

Seeing Arata confess to Chihaya surprised me and made me giddy at the same time lol. And seeing Chihaya's reaction was very adorable.

Can't wait to see what happens next epsisode, I wonder if Taichi will hear about Arata's confession to Chihaya?

arcticmontysJan 14, 2020 6:26 PM
Jan 14, 2020 6:24 PM
Dec 2018
A masterpiece episode.
congratulations Dr harada
I loved arata's confession.

I can't wait to watch harada sensei vs suo.
Jan 14, 2020 6:26 PM
Jun 2019
I admit, I cried when Dr. Harada won. He fought tooth and nail every match. Not sure I could do what he did. I was rooting for him. Arata has many more years ahead to be a master, where as, for Dr Harada this is his last chance.

Arata and Taichi were both pretty bold in this episode. Some dislike Taichi for saying he was her boyfriend, but when you have been fighting for a person to notice you (pretty much all your life) and some super star older guy comes out of no where and puts moves on Chihaya... I can see his perspective. He felt like he was protecting her... and it was jealousy as well.

I really like Master Suo though. If he ended up with Chihaya, I wouldn't be mad. He is a misunderstood, kind person. They seem like they are simular. Arata has really grown on me. I say all this while being a hard Taichi shipper too. At this point, I love all three of them. Good luck with that Chihaya!
Jan 14, 2020 6:52 PM

Feb 2018
Arata may have lost the match, but he was still the winner of today's episode. Nice job, buddy.

I have mixed feelings at best about Taichi straight-up lying to "get rid of the competition", though. Especially considering he does not know, nor does anyone else know, how Chihaya feels. That was not your decision to be made, man. And no, the fact that he has liked her for a really long time is not an excuse. His die-hard fans might give him a pass, but they really shouldn't.
*Mourning the disappointment of The Promised Neverland season 2.*
Jan 14, 2020 7:18 PM
Apr 2018
Since 2011 when the first season aired and i saw these two in that room playing karuta and that moment when they fell on the snow and were just looking at each other without any words or anything.
I had been waiting for this moment for years.
Always knew chihaya held something special for Arata, question always was does Arata feel something for her. And now its clear.

When he realizes why he was so fixated on the "Chihayafuru" card and the girl who befriended him brought warmth and happiness to his lonely cold life when he was young and also makes him see a new side of karuta.

All leads to that one smile and those three words "Suki ya, Chihaya"

This confession was so subtle but really heartwarming and sweet as hell.The beautiful background music with pretty colours & sparkling animation, the music stopping at the confession and resuming again with the hype. Great stuff, loving it.

https://i.ibb.co/WctXDLd/asfaf.png

Best part was he didn't even want a answer on the spot, just humbly confessed and walked away while blushing realizing what he did. That's just arata for you.
And chihaya well the expression says it all leaning side ways, staring with mouth open, she literally fainted and fell down on the spot. xD

Just love these two together. The "chihayafuru" pair <3

Mod Edit: Unembedded picture, please refer to Anime Series Discussion Rule 3.
Fleeting_DreamJan 21, 2020 2:23 PM
Jan 14, 2020 7:42 PM

Jan 2017
That was a wonderful episode! There were a lot of good moments with the highlight understandably being Harada's win
Jan 14, 2020 9:04 PM

Mar 2008
Arata is the man. I hope Chihaya ends up with him. I don't care for Taichi too much.

Poor Suo... My bride, divorce. I'm dead. lmao
Jan 14, 2020 9:56 PM
Demon of Hatred

Feb 2015
Best episode of the whole franchise yet. My boi Arata figured out what he lacks, what he wants and most importantly what he needs. Go Arata, become meijin.

This match reminded me of Yanagihara vs Shimada (3-gatsu no Lion), holy fuck these tenacious old geezers man.

5/5
cchiguJan 14, 2020 10:01 PM
"Life is too bitter, so coffee, at least should be sweet..." - Hikigaya Hachiman (Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Come wa Machigatte Iru)
Jan 14, 2020 10:02 PM

Oct 2012
Great episode, the music in the beginning accompanying Harada Sensei was so emotional, the match was great and he deserved it so much! Everyone cheering and crying at the end was so ngh....also couldn't help but how Chihaya squeezed herself back in between Hanano and Taichi and hangs on to him, like "this one is mine", lol. Talking about possessiveness; Taichi dear at this point you still have things to learn.....Suou is hilarious as ever but you shouldn't be that heartbroken hitting on highschool girls, lol.

I felt bad for Arata after the match and he was touching the way he's mad at himself for fixating certain cards. And then Chihaya comes to cheer him up. His confession is a bit out of the blue, cute and light-hearted, shoujo vibes everywhere. Arata fans rejoice!
Jan 14, 2020 10:34 PM
Anti-social One

Mar 2013
Fionavar said:
HaXXspetten said:

To be fair we really fucking deserved this moment x)

Even though I will only ship Taichi, tbh I screamed. Every time. Once for Arata, once for Taichi and once for Meijin. This was such a good everything in all regards. I could really feel the Seiyuus pushing to get this scene perfect and damn they really did. Also Taichi's VA saying he's her boyfriend had me foaming out the mouth even though I guess out of context that would be super creepy.
Jan 14, 2020 11:10 PM
Dec 2017
axel360 said:

I have mixed feelings at best about Taichi straight-up lying to "get rid of the competition", though. Especially considering he does not know, nor does anyone else know, how Chihaya feels. That was not your decision to be made, man. And no, the fact that he has liked her for a really long time is not an excuse. His die-hard fans might give him a pass, but they really shouldn't.

Well if we consider from Taichi’s perspective that some dude in his mid 20s that had never met Chihaya before is hitting on her (remember she is a 17 year old girl), I think it’s pretty understandable to try to keep that guy away. A 25 year old guy hitting on a 17 year old girl is pretty creepy. Taichi wasn’t “getting rid of the competition”, he was trying to keep a creepy (from his perspective) dude from hitting on a very physically attractive 17 year old girl that he cares deeply about.
Jan 14, 2020 11:10 PM
Dec 2017
axel360 said:

Well if we consider from Taichi’s perspective that some dude in his mid 20s that had never met Chihaya before is hitting on her (remember she is a 17 year old girl), I think it’s pretty understandable to try to keep that guy away. A 25 year old guy hitting on a 17 year old girl is pretty creepy. Taichi wasn’t “getting rid of the competition”, he was trying to keep a creepy (from his perspective) dude from hitting on a very physically attractive 17 year old girl that he cares deeply about.
Jan 15, 2020 12:27 AM

Feb 2011
YESYESYYES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you shanimebib for this warm beautiful frame of this episode post discussion: I TOTALLY LOVE IT SO MCUH!!!! A BEAUTIFUL WAY TO WELCOME EVERYONE COMING TO THIS EPISODE DISCUSSION: THIS PRICELESS MOMENT REALLY BROUGHT TO ME AND A LOT OF THE FANS JOY OF OUR HEARTS ALL COMING TOGETHER. XD

Knock, knock, Am I dreaming? NO, I'M AWAKE AND I’M SO DELIGHTFUL SEEING THIS EPISODE COME TO LIFE, I CAN'T BELIEVE IT'S REAL: CHIHAYA X ARATA SHIPPERS UNITE HERE IT IS EVERYONE, THE EPISODE I BEEN WAITING FOR YEARS ( SINCE 2013 WHEN CH 119 FIRST ARRIVE AND EVER SINCE THEN I ALWAYS WISH TO SEE THIS BEING ANIMATED AND NOW THE WAIT IS OVER: NOW WE ARE LIVING IT): LET’S BURST ALL OUR LOVING HEARTS TO HEAR THE VERY FIRST REAL LOVE CONFESSION OF CHIHAYAFURU COME TO LIFE (OMG, MY HEART IS RACING SO HARD THAT I CAN’T STOP MYSELF FROM ALL THE THRILL AND EXCITEMENT THAT BROUGHT THIS EPISODE INTO A ULTIMATE PARADISE FOR OUR SHIP!!!!!! ARATA MY BOY, YOU DID IT SO BEAUTIFULLY SHARING A MOMENT WITH CHIHAYA USING THE “CHIHA” CARD TO EXPRESS HIS OR SHOULD I SAY, THEIR INNER LOVE OUT OF OUR KARUTA-BAKAS: SEEING HOW CHIHAYA SEES THE “CHIHA” CARRIES A HIDDEN SPECIAL MESSAGE THE AFFECTION IN HOW DEEPLY AND IMPORTANT SHE SEES ARATA: THE MORE FAR HE IS THE MORE SHE WANTS TO DRAWN BY HIM BY):

(THAT’S EXACTLY IN HOW ARATA FEELS ABOUT CHIHAYA) :

CHIHAYA, SHE SHOULD REALLY CATCH WHAT SHE WAS SAYING, THAT’S THE VOICE OF HER INNER HEART THAT SPEAKING OUT LOUD AND I’M SO HAPPY THAT IT’S ARATA WHO SHE’S SAYING THIS WORDS TO, USING KARUTA TO EXPRESS THE HEROINE’S INNER FEELINGS: HER WORDS MADE ARATA REALIZED THE SPECIAL AFFECTIONS HE FEELS FOR CHIHAYA ALL THIS TIME: EVER SINCE THEY WERE KIDS “HE’S ALWAYS BEEN IN LOVE WITH HER” AND HERE’S IT IS “ARATA’S LOVE CONFESSION (HERE IT COMES!!!!!):

https://i.imgur.com/IlEC6fB.jpg

HERE WE HAVE IT MINNA, IT’S A VERY BEAUTIFUL SCENE DRAWN OUT A LOT OF SPRINKLES AND WARM SINCERE SMILES FROM BOTH CHIHAYA AND ARATA, and SO HEARTWARMING AND MAGICAL SCENE CAME ALL TOGETHER TO BRING THIS BEAUTIFUL MESSAGE FROM ARATA’S HEART!!!!!! WHAT ARATA SAID AFTER THE CONFESSION WHERE HE PLANS TO MOVE TO TOKYO SO HE CAN BE NEAR HER; SAYING IF SHE LIKES, THEY CAN PLAY KARUTA TOGETHER THEN: OMG, OMG, THAT’S SO CUTE AND TOUCHING!!!!!!

(Don’t mind me, people, I got so overly excite that my caps expresses HOW HYPE AND OVERLY HAPPY THIS EPISODE REALLY MADE ME AND SO MANY FANS WHO REALLY LOVES THIS SERIES): as a bonus here’s our two bakas expression after the confession, seriously I just can’t stop from loving this ship, THEY BOTH ARE SO ADORABLE, LOL!!!!!

Overall, one of my favorite episodes overall couldn’t stop from crying during the confession, even before that: my heart got torn seeing my boy lost this match overall ( Arata CHEERLEADER FOREVER ALL THE WAY): even though he lost the match but by him confession, his inner heart made him a WINNER: it made Arata see what he lacks will help him grow more, seeing more of himself and his own realization really is outstanding in both the strength and his weakness: his innocence and his kind genuine heart is one of the best characteristics why I really love about Arata, his character profile really drawn me in.

*I wish I could have joined this discussion sooner but it can't be helped, work just gets in the way in the time like this... meh, but late better than never AND OF COURSE, I WANT TO BE A PART OF THIS DISCUSSION, ESPECIALLY WHEN IT COMES TO ARATA BIG DEVELOPMENT AND HUGE CHIHAYA X ARATA MOMENTS COMING IN, LOL!!!!! XD *

As always I’m always looking forward to the next episode, let’s see Chihaya’s expression on the next one: something that’s must-see and witness.

Mod Edit: Unembedded multiple screenshots, as per Series Discussion Rules, please only embed One screenshot in Episode Discussion threads.
Fleeting_DreamJan 21, 2020 2:30 PM
Jan 15, 2020 1:23 AM

Feb 2010
Best episode, i like Arata but Harada sensei definitely deserves the win. The confession is so beautiful and on point and it's Arata once again who opened Chihaya's new world now with real romance. Both of them are just too adorable at this point, so pure....

meanwhile Taichi just went to another one of his potential rival, doing unnecessary stuff like pretending as Chihaya's bf instead of making real move like Arata did -_-

Arata's straightforward nature seriously is astonishing, because it's not only Chihaya but also Taichi are affected by it.

Dota 2 Esports Stories are a fuckin Anime IRL Anime Sports

Jan 15, 2020 1:48 AM

May 2018
Harada win but his victory get overshadow by Arata confession. Totally did not see that coming. Back to Harada's victory, I really like the direction this anime is going. Instead of making it predictable and for the main like Arata to win,they let a side characters like Harada shine instead.
Papa_ScorchJan 15, 2020 1:52 AM
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

» If you want to continue with the manga after watching

NiQ1 - Feb 21, 2023

19 by NiQ1 »»
Mar 21, 2:01 AM

» Chihayafuru 4

Kaguyachinchin - Nov 21, 2020

5 by Knighthammer619 »»
Mar 17, 9:43 AM

Poll: » Chihayafuru 3 Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 24, 2020

148 by tozeos »»
Jan 9, 6:03 AM

Poll: » Chihayafuru 3 Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 22, 2019

105 by Katsu-kun »»
Aug 15, 2023 4:35 AM

Poll: » Chihayafuru 3 Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 17, 2020

185 by chiakimagoto »»
Aug 11, 2023 11:00 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.