Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Oct 7, 2018 8:50 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Meh, I don't think this was good at all. CGI character models and not to mention, it's a short so there's not really much storytelling going on here.

I see they tried to add some comedy gags to this but it still came over as poorly done. Probably dropping this soon. Unimpressive.
Oct 7, 2018 9:54 AM

Nov 2008
I couldn't take 30 seconds of that CG, it's almost as bad as Kemono Friends

Dropped. There's plenty of other CGCT to watch this season.

Oct 7, 2018 10:16 AM

Apr 2014
what have i gotten myself into ( ;゚д゚)
Oct 7, 2018 10:24 AM

Dec 2017
somebody actually thought making a cgi girl making za warudo was a good idea
i don't even want to add this to the dropped list, it just feels like it would be a waste of space
Oct 7, 2018 10:25 AM

Nov 2015
I think this wins as my fastest drop ever. Maybe not even 30 seconds! Awful.
Oct 7, 2018 10:28 AM

Jun 2015
Nice Jojo Za warudo reference in the episode
Oct 7, 2018 10:59 AM

Jan 2018
Yeah, I was not really a big fan of this either. I will probably continue watching it though since it's pretty short.
Oct 7, 2018 10:59 AM

Apr 2010
uninstallthegame said:

i don't even want to add this to the dropped list, it just feels like it would be a waste of space

omg! totally this
Oct 7, 2018 11:03 AM

Mar 2018
this cg is just atrocious, but I will give it this: that kiss competition in the end? That was actually pretty funny. other then that yeah this is your usual bad cg anime
Oct 7, 2018 11:42 AM

Aug 2014
This is just Tesagure without the ad lib. Not sure I like.

Nevermind, it's after credits. Definitely the best part of Ishidate's shows. Too short though.
QuattroVaginasOct 8, 2018 8:53 AM
Sieg Zeon!
Oct 7, 2018 12:52 PM
May 2016
That CG was so bad it gave me motion sickness

Also the post credits scene just sounds like the voice actresses were just mucking around and they recorded it.
Oct 7, 2018 12:55 PM
Feb 2012
ShyGuyDY said:
That CG was so bad it gave me motion sickness

this gives you motion sickness but your tacky forum avatar and signature don't? okay lol
Oct 7, 2018 1:01 PM

Mar 2012
QuattroVaginas said:
The ad lib scene is after the credits.
Oct 7, 2018 1:03 PM

Jul 2017
Look, I was interested because of the art style on the promotional image. 2 seconds in, and it hit me like a truck. It's one of those.
CGI can be done well, or at least tolerable (High Score Girl). However, this isn't for me.
Maybe the actual content is good, but this is unbearable.

First casualty of the season (if you could even call it that?)
Sorry, the user you are looking for is not available at the moment. You are currently reading text generated by APSAB or "Auto-Programmed-Signature-Mataining-Bot" (patent pending).

ERROR CODE 1979-NIPUL-W3EB
Please Install the Latest Version of MAL.OS as Some Features of Certain Signatures May Not Appear Correctly. You are currently running MAL.OS.V4. Click here to download MAL.OS.V5.

APSAB Version: Beta.99

"If Seinfeld isn't your favorite anime, then you aren't watching anime correctly."
- Me

Oct 7, 2018 1:04 PM

Mar 2012
ShyGuyDY said:
Also the post credits scene just sounds like the voice actresses were just mucking around and they recorded it.
Yeah, that's kinda the whole point of the show (okay, more like half the point of the show, but the main reason I'm watching it). It's part of the same lineage as Tesagure, Straight Title Robot Animation, gdgd Fairies, etc. Those ad lib segments do tend to be somewhat awkward in the beginning, but they generally get funnier after the cast get used to their characters and to each other.
Oct 7, 2018 1:16 PM

Sep 2015
i never saw so many reason to drop in such short amout of time.

The CG is too bad, the comedy is too lame, the girls are too old and too sluts (specially Kinami), the seiyuus are too newbie and the studio is probably too broken. But I liked the nonsense.
Oct 7, 2018 1:19 PM

Aug 2017
Houseki no Kuni put CGI in a new light, Himote House decides to shit on that light and bury it.

lmao hello there, it's your girl
pls sub to poundtoundhound thx
(Icon was done & animated by me btw!)
Oct 7, 2018 1:34 PM

Mar 2012
shiro_kai said:
the seiyuus are too newbie
Your other complaints are subjective and up to you, but this one's just weird. The newest seiyuu out of those who appeared in the first episode is Sumire Uesaka who debuted back in 2011. They've all had dozens of lead roles, including roles in semi-improv shows like this one (I believe Aya Suzaki is the only one for whom it's a first).
Oct 7, 2018 1:52 PM

Sep 2015
vonPeterhof said:
shiro_kai said:
the seiyuus are too newbie
Your other complaints are subjective and up to you, but this one's just weird. The newest seiyuu out of those who appeared in the first episode is Sumire Uesaka who debuted back in 2011. They've all had dozens of lead roles, including roles in semi-improv shows like this one (I believe Aya Suzaki is the only one for whom it's a first).

You're right, I wonder why it sounded so out time with the characters then, specially at the jokes. Probably they got really bad instruction during the recording or its the directors fault.
Oct 7, 2018 1:55 PM

Nov 2016
Easiest drop in my whole life.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Oct 7, 2018 2:00 PM

Mar 2012
shiro_kai said:
You're right, I wonder why it sounded so out time with the characters then, specially at the jokes. Probably they got really bad instruction during the recording or its the directors fault.
I'm pretty sure that, unlike in most anime, in Koutarou Ishidate's shows the recording is done first and the CG animation is done later to match the actors (at least that's the case with the ad lib scenes, as there's no way to animate them otherwise; not sure about the other scenes). Wherever there's a mismatch I suspect it's the fault of the animation and not the acting.
Oct 7, 2018 2:05 PM

Mar 2016
i'm staying for the jojo reference
Oct 7, 2018 2:05 PM

Jan 2017
RumpPlug said:
Houseki no Kuni put CGI in a new light, Himote House decides to shit on that light and bury it.

For this comment, I'd vote you President if I could.

Oct 7, 2018 2:07 PM

Jul 2017
RumpPlug said:

Yeap, u certainly got that right for Jeopardy! Can't even stand 5 seconds of this short, DROPPED.
Oct 7, 2018 2:48 PM

Jul 2015
Hunh... So like, if you just let the anime play in the background without actually looking at it, it's pretty good. Sounds nice. It's just literally everything else that's complete garbage.

As was mentioned, Houseki no Kuni put CGI in a new light. Kemono Friends proved that even without a budget or good animation of any kind, a good story and enjoyable characters could still make a series worth watching. Himouto House... has no clue what it's doing and managed to miss everything taught to us the the previously mentioned... and yes it does indeed-
RumpPlug said:
decides to shit on that light and bury it.

Edit: OMG The art in the outro is sooooooo good, why didn't they give us that?
KuroNeko030Oct 7, 2018 2:52 PM
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!
Oct 7, 2018 3:38 PM

Mar 2016
After watching through this I have a hard time believing anyone slightly interested in it would have to abandon it solely because of the visuals. The problem with instant access and streaming is that silly things like this get too much exposure and then have their faults exaggerated without purpose. Tesagure was already mentioned in this thread, and if that is what they're going for I'm not too worried. I only found it slightly amusing so far, but it's short and there's room for improvement.

Curious about the subject matter of future episodes as well, considering what we got this time. Also, the ad-libbed section was more humorous than the written(?) parts, maybe that will improve too.
syncrogazerOct 7, 2018 3:49 PM
Oct 7, 2018 5:35 PM

Feb 2014
Are you guys up there serious? this is Bouncy we are talking about here, you watch their anime because you KNOW is going to be bad, although this wans't as bad as something like Naria Girls or FFF, is longer than those and yet didn't feel as tedious to watch as the previously mentioned, those 12 minutes went by pretty fast, I agree that the segment after the ending had it's moments.
Oct 7, 2018 5:36 PM

Oct 2015
Poor visuals and it lacks giving it attention.

They should have used the flashback art it seems decent enough to redeem it.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Oct 7, 2018 7:00 PM
Oct 2015
I feel like I need to completely redo all of my ratings just for this show. Everything I did have at a 1 needs to be moved to a 2 because compared to this garbage, they seem good.
Oct 7, 2018 8:58 PM

Jul 2017
This was by far the worst episode I've seen for the Fall 2018 season, but I won't drop it just because it was entertaining laughing at the failures of this animation.

And because it had a JoJo reference.
Oct 7, 2018 9:44 PM

Oct 2013
That's not with this kind of lame cgi that you're gonna make a cute moe anime for people guys...

They know each other for not even 1 hour and they're already showing panties

Punkero said:
Are you guys up there serious? this is Bouncy we are talking about here, you watch their anime because you KNOW is going to be bad, although this wans't as bad as something like Naria Girls or FFF, is longer than those and yet didn't feel as tedious to watch as the previously mentioned, those 12 minutes went by pretty fast, I agree that the segment after the ending had it's moments.

Woaw I didn't saw your comment at first, but Tesagure was actually pretty good in its* kind

The subtitles of this opening are so perfect, this kind of things were too awesome

The crazy things they just add like the powers at the end of this first episode make it stupid but fun and entertaining
TitadouOct 7, 2018 9:50 PM
Oct 7, 2018 9:46 PM

Jan 2011
Forgot this was a Ishidate Koutarou anime before watching. It won't beat Tesagure, but it's definitely better than Naria Girls.
Oct 8, 2018 12:55 AM

Oct 2018
Well... that was a thing
Oct 8, 2018 6:47 AM
Jun 2014
Please give this a second chance. I'm seeing comments like "the cgi is terrible" "theres no story" "the humor is lame" "its just another new age shitty moeblob bs" when it couldn't be further from the truth

Himote House is directed by Ishidate Kotaro, the person who brought us the hit (or should I say, a hit mostly centered in Japan) Tesagure Bukatsumono. With a similar MO of silly gags, short run time and low quality cgi. Because that's all it needs.

Taking Tesagure that came out iirc around 2014, followed by another two seasons also with big-name seiyuu, the A-part usually consists of a scripted plot that has no serious story whatsoever and a B-part where the seiyuu just talk about whatever they feel like. Esp the B part, its very relaxing and feels like hearing a bunch of very good friends talking. For those who didn't find it funny I'm sorry but the comedy is more suited to people in Japan, esp the word plays and gags.

Anime doesn't have to be serious or edgy to be good, its just that sadly not everything is made for everyone.
Oct 8, 2018 6:53 AM

Mar 2016
melodyqiuyi said:
Please give this a second chance..

Understand your sentiments, but look where you're posting. This place is filled with morons who are just looking for excuses to complain about shit they don't understand..
Oct 8, 2018 7:01 AM
Jun 2014
[/quote]
Understand your sentiments, but look where you're posting. This place is filled with morons who are just looking for excuses to complain about shit they don't understand.. [/quote]

Can't entirely disagree with you, yes. But it's these morons who will ultimately affect how Himote House does in the overseas market, or at least for those who check MAL before giving it a try. I respect the director alot and his works so I want to try to change that, even if by a bit
Oct 8, 2018 8:53 AM

Aug 2014
vonPeterhof said:
QuattroVaginas said:
The ad lib scene is after the credits.

Man hate after credit scenes. Definitely still the best part of these shows. Hope they get longer though.
Sieg Zeon!
Oct 8, 2018 10:04 AM

Aug 2018
Why was this garbage made? The animation looks like shit! I would've enjoyed this if it were regular animation. (i liked umaru-chan) so not that the series is bad, just the animation is naucious. It really looks like a school project.
1ep 1/10
HENTAI
IS
ART
Oct 8, 2018 10:45 AM

Sep 2012
HEY GUYS!
I dont know but im proud of myself.
I ACTUALLY WATCHED TILL THE END.
I've seen worse CGI so i guess i just decides to roll along till the end.

Okay. What i think.

Yeah sure the cgi is bad, but i mean its better than that 1 flash animation anime, but i found myself laughing for the content of this anime is not for comedy, but the whole thing as in general in episode 1 is a joke. And yes, its laughable for its dumbness, sorry, i wish there is more appropriate to address dumbness, but nevertheless, the piano OST is really good. Honestly.

i could only tell you guys this much. but, i might check out episode 2. Hhahahahahaha. xD

[img}image3url[/img][/url]
Oct 8, 2018 11:10 AM

Jun 2016
Damn, what a disappointment. Seeing the nice character designs on the cover, I was expecting some sort of slice of life TV length anime, but instead got average looking short. What a shame. The people(or person) who designed the hand drawn drawings have talent, but they decide to go with CGI.
Help the industry and buy Blu-rays and DVD's.
Noragami is the best anime ever.
Oct 8, 2018 2:10 PM
Dec 2016
This is definitely not for everyone (even though a lot of people that dislike it now would probably really enjoy it if they looked past the animation quality), but it absolutely was for me. I was in tears at the end
Oct 8, 2018 3:29 PM

Jan 2012
I'll give this show a big "Meh".
The comedy is not bad and the plot is interesting, but the CG is some of the worst I've ever seen.
Oct 8, 2018 11:23 PM

Mar 2013
This was cute, you all are just mean lol.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Oct 9, 2018 4:13 AM

Oct 2008
Another show that is on crack/drugs and animation is quite unique again!

Oct 9, 2018 5:19 AM
⚧ | 愛と平和

Oct 2010
shiro_kai said:

The CG is too bad, the comedy is too lame, the girls are too old and too sluts (specially Kinami), the seiyuus are too newbie and the studio is probably too broken. But I liked the nonsense.

I think that mostly summed up what I thought about it too, but I'm still deciding whether to keep it or drop it. I guess I'll stick around for another episode. Ini the end, I'll probably finish it by default.

It helps to be doing something else when you watch it. I usually knit when I'm watching anime, and I only glance at the screen occasionally. Makes it easier to overlook the CG animation quality.
✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣
“The right to think is the beginning of freedom, and speech must be protected
from the government because speech is the beginning of thought.”
  — Ashcroft v.Free Speech Coalition,
✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣
Oct 9, 2018 6:26 AM

Sep 2015
kyoudai said:
shiro_kai said:

I think that mostly summed up what I thought about it too, but I'm still deciding whether to keep it or drop it. I guess I'll stick around for another episode. Ini the end, I'll probably finish it by default.

It helps to be doing something else when you watch it. I usually knit when I'm watching anime, and I only glance at the screen occasionally. Makes it easier to overlook the CG animation quality.

That's certainly a different strategy to keep with bad animes, I gonna try to play something while watching it then, Thanks.
I would probably not drop anyway, its just 11 minutes (less than 10 if I skip the songs), but I think it could have been something else.

(btw, what do you knit?)
Oct 9, 2018 9:36 AM

Apr 2008
To be fair, the anime was marketed poorly, people overseas have no idea about shows in similar vein or too lazy doing their own research, so they're going to trash it because of "muh 3DCG".

Personally the episode itself was okay, it needs more ad lib (like Tesagure). I'm not sure I'll follow it weekly, this season is packed as hell already.
Sorry, due to licensing limitations, this signature is unavailable in your region.
Oct 9, 2018 10:46 AM

Apr 2011
Ugh. What is this abysmal thing? I just skimmed through it stopped, and directly to the recycle bin. Never dropped something so fast in my life as far as I can remember.
Oct 9, 2018 10:57 AM
⚧ | 愛と平和

Oct 2010
shiro_kai said:
kyoudai said:

That's certainly a different strategy to keep with bad animes, I gonna try to play something while watching it then, Thanks.
I would probably not drop anyway, its just 11 minutes (less than 10 if I skip the songs), but I think it could have been something else.

(btw, what do you knit?)

It works well for me. It's probably more effective if you can understand at least a decent amount of Japanese or watch dubs. I save my more serious shows and the ones I really want to watch for when I'm not doing anything else. I've tried gaming while watching anime, but that doesn't work very well for me. Probably depends on what you're playing. Mobile games like Fate/Grand Order and DanMachi Memoria Freese are easy enough to play while watching -- Memoria Freese especially because it has an auto battle option. I play RPGs in general, but they would probably be too much to multitask with anime. Same for FPS, racers, fighters, etc.

The snarky answer is "I knit yarn." But seriously, I've been doing a 16-block lap blanket for the last several months. Planning to do a Christmas stocking for my sister this week and next. My favorite is socks because there are so many ways to knit them, to make them unique, etc., but I'm also a fan of shawls (also a huge number of ways) and lace cowls. I don't really like doing hats, though. Have only done one sweater so far, but hoping to knit more before too much longer.

After I had been knitting for a while, I discovered that it was really hard for me to just sit here and watch anime without having needles and yarn in my hands, so sometimes I just knit up a swatch or try a new idea just to keep my hands busy. Are you a knitter as well?
“The right to think is the beginning of freedom, and speech must be protected
from the government because speech is the beginning of thought.”
  — Ashcroft v.Free Speech Coalition,
Oct 9, 2018 11:56 AM

Sep 2015
kyoudai said:
shiro_kai said:

(btw, what do you knit?)

It works well for me. It's probably more effective if you can understand at least a decent amount of Japanese or watch dubs. I save my more serious shows and the ones I really want to watch for when I'm not doing anything else. I've tried gaming while watching anime, but that doesn't work very well for me. Probably depends on what you're playing. Mobile games like Fate/Grand Order and DanMachi Memoria Freese are easy enough to play while watching -- Memoria Freese especially because it has an auto battle option. I play RPGs in general, but they would probably be too much to multitask with anime. Same for FPS, racers, fighters, etc.

The snarky answer is "I knit yarn." But seriously, I've been doing a 16-block lap blanket for the last several months. Planning to do a Christmas stocking for my sister this week and next. My favorite is socks because there are so many ways to knit them, to make them unique, etc., but I'm also a fan of shawls (also a huge number of ways) and lace cowls. I don't really like doing hats, though. Have only done one sweater so far, but hoping to knit more before too much longer.

After I had been knitting for a while, I discovered that it was really hard for me to just sit here and watch anime without having needles and yarn in my hands, so sometimes I just knit up a swatch or try a new idea just to keep my hands busy. Are you a knitter as well?

Im probably gonna play some yu-gi-oh mobile its easy and fun, I used to watch half of some episodes and play some MOBA, but then I got salty with the game and forgot about the anime and had to watch the whole thing again. So, it didn't worked...

All my mother side of family knite and I used to do some crochet and knit some fabrics for fun but it always looked much more easier when they are doing it than when I doing it, I always mess up at some point. My grandma still send a lot of photos of her works, looks really great. My mother is teaching my young sister right now and she can already finish a hood or a matting... How is that possible.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Himote House Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 16, 2018

21 by Cabbage_Cat »»
Jul 3, 2022 4:00 AM

Poll: » Himote House Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 9, 2018

8 by Cabbage_Cat »»
Jul 1, 2022 5:02 AM

Poll: » Himote House Episode 5 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 4, 2018

11 by Cabbage_Cat »»
Jun 18, 2022 10:31 AM

Poll: » Himote House Episode 3 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 21, 2018

14 by Cabbage_Cat »»
Jun 7, 2022 10:20 AM

Poll: » Himote House Episode 2 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 14, 2018

15 by Serafos »»
Apr 28, 2022 10:23 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.