Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 21, 2018 5:11 AM

Jul 2017
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Really good episode as usual. Seeing Toshi's son and Daigo together is great and I love that completely different dynamic from Goro and Toshi.
Apr 21, 2018 5:54 AM

Mar 2016
Well, a rockie cannot win the first game. Satou has potential to be a good baseball player but he sees this sport like 'meh...', that kinda upsets Daigo who once tried to be good at a sport he liked. They are completely different, we'll see how their interaction goes.
No tomo malas decisiones, solo me gusta apoyar causas perdidas.
Disfruté Mayoiga, Ou-sama Game, Evil or Live, Mirai Nikki, Big Order, Arifureta, Ex-Arm, Tesla Note, Shuumatsu no Harem y Platinum End
nope les falle con esa, lo siento pero todos tenemos nuestros límites.
Así de jodido es mi gusto en anime, ¡Y estoy pinche orgulloso de ello!

Apr 21, 2018 7:20 AM

Feb 2013
Satou is too good, all that talent is really showing.
Apr 21, 2018 7:30 AM

Jul 2015
Nerf Satou, first time playing baseball and after some explanations he's already kicking ass.

Looks like Daigo wanting to show him how fun baseball is will be what finally pushes our protagonist to come back to this sport, pretty ironic considering how he ran away from it after seeing his lack of talent.
Apr 21, 2018 8:20 AM

Nov 2016
I'm really fond of the approach this show is taking.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Apr 21, 2018 9:17 AM
Mar 2015
Daigo falls flat on his face
Apr 21, 2018 11:09 AM

Oct 2012
Another week to wait... aaaaah... I'm really really liking how this is going, it's doing everything the previous seasons did right. Loved it.

AnimeMangaSteamBakaBT

7 Colors of Kira Kira Douga

“Exactly as planned.”
Apr 21, 2018 12:19 PM

Apr 2014
another great ep but now here the hard part is waiting for each ep now

should have just waited to watch ...
"one step at a time"
Apr 21, 2018 12:43 PM

Feb 2008
More like that Daigo have to show how much fun Baseball is xD

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Apr 21, 2018 1:20 PM

Jan 2016
Satou's son is such a nice guy, I thought he'd be a douche but not at all.

It's true though, enjoying a sport and having the talent for one is completely different, Daigo has to realize this
Apr 21, 2018 6:33 PM
Jun 2015
I think Sato will be the Pitcher and Daigo will be the Catcher, the opposite as from the first Major series. Why?

- Sato has:
+ good throw
+ good batting
+ fast playing skills
ALSO said that he dont want to watch over 8+ players on the field, so Pitcher with his skills is perfect for him.

-Daigo has:
+ can think tactically (in episode 2/3 the Coach said, that Daigo has a bad throw but can think wisely/tacticaly in situations with pressure)
+ can catch the ball great
ALSO so he hasn't the pressure from outside, that people will compare him with his father anymore

That would be so awesome, would be finally an baseball-anime with a non-pitcher as main character.

This are all just my sight and thinking after watching the first three episodes in a row, i haven't read the manga (i never read mangas) so dont get me wrong!

If you have the same thoughts as me, would be cool if you pn me or write on my profile, would be cool to discuss about Major 2nd with somebody!

Looking forward to episode 4!
Dollmaker365Apr 22, 2018 10:19 AM
Apr 21, 2018 9:26 PM
Jul 2018
Oh well 24 minute goes too fast with this show :,(

Pretty fun episode and I am really liking the development going. Also we got to see Toshiya for a while and also nice to see we can see Kaoru's childish side like before.
Apr 22, 2018 12:07 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Satou has future in the baseball, but Daigo need training, but the importance of this episode, was that Daigo returns to the team, and not for a console if not because loves this sport!!!
Apr 22, 2018 12:48 PM

Jun 2014
Hi guys can anyone tell me how this compares to the original one based on the first three episodes . Is it good or it is a bit lackluster compared to the original one
Apr 22, 2018 10:04 PM

Jul 2017
Mhwk_zero said:
Hi guys can anyone tell me how this compares to the original one based on the first three episodes . Is it good or it is a bit lackluster compared to the original one

It's not as fantastic as the original but the new one is off to a very strong start. It's really good so far.
Apr 22, 2018 10:37 PM

Feb 2012
animejas said:
Mhwk_zero said:

It's not as fantastic as the original but the new one is off to a very strong start. It's really good so far.
Yea I agree with what he said. Basically the biggest difference is the shift from where in the original our MC was a prodigy from the start. Where in this it's changed to our MC not having that kind of talent and actually lacking talent. "Overdog" story (original) and underdog story (major 2nd). I highly recommend watching from the beginning tho.

Idk if I mentioned this in the prev eps but I really enjoy the ED. I really sympathize and can relate with Daigo being frustrated seeing Satou so easily pick up and be amazing at something he is really passionate about but then not really show interest in it. I'm really enjoying the interactions between Daigo and Satou. Satou is a fantastic foil for Daigo.
LiquidGoldApr 22, 2018 11:02 PM
Apr 23, 2018 12:54 AM

Jun 2014
LiquidGold said:
animejas said:

Yea I agree with what he said. Basically the biggest difference is the shift from where in the original our MC was a prodigy from the start. Where in this it's changed to our MC not having that kind of talent and actually lacking talent. "Overdog" story (original) and underdog story (major 2nd). I highly recommend watching from the beginning tho.

Idk if I mentioned this in the prev eps but I really enjoy the ED. I really sympathize and can relate with Daigo being frustrated seeing Satou so easily pick up and be amazing at something he is really passionate about but then not really show interest in it. I'm really enjoying the interactions between Daigo and Satou. Satou is a fantastic foil for Daigo.
btw have you guys read the manga ? and any information on how many episodes this will be getting?
Apr 23, 2018 2:41 PM

Jul 2012
great episode! love watching sato play :)

Mhwk_zero said:
btw have you guys read the manga ? and any information on how many episodes this will be getting?
there's 13+ volumes currently.

I'm hoping this anime will be as long as Daiya no Ace

Mhwk_zero said:
they have different feelings imo. original Major with Goro is more emotional and powerful
Apr 24, 2018 3:53 AM

Jun 2014
Thanks Everyine . I will definitely give it a try when the series finishes.
Apr 27, 2018 10:31 PM

Jul 2012
UndisputedEra said:
You can see in this ep that Daigo really does love baseball. Tbh I'm still stinging that he's not gonna be a pitcher, but a catcher's perspective of baseball anime is something really interesting imo. Can't wait for Toshi to appear in the next few eps!
Yeah, looks like he'll take on catcher role! Which is awesome since all the baseball anime I've seen so far are from pitcher perspective. Daigo hopefully can become a great slugger like Goro while Hikaru becomes a pitcher who's more focused in calculations like Toshi. Would be so interesting!

DazeFire said:
another great ep but now here the hard part is waiting for each ep now

should have just waited to watch ...
I ended up rewatching Major S5 ;_; It was so worth.
Apr 28, 2018 12:02 AM

Jan 2013
Solid episode, progressing nicely.
Has a different feel then the first part did.
Apr 29, 2018 12:01 AM
Jul 2016
I think this is the turning point for Daigo's character, no matter how slow the series start may feel.

That, and I just know that Hikaru's deliberately hiding his own baseball skills (maybe to not totally discourage Daigo who's already suffering major inferiority). In that sense I hate his guts, lol.
Feb 21, 2019 7:16 AM

Jan 2013
Easy bait by Satou and his mother ... Daigo's going back to baseball :)
Aug 15, 2019 11:50 AM

Nov 2011
Gotta love how Satou basically just wants to play with Daigo and could care less about baseball.

Looking forward to the reversed battery this is inevitably going to turn into with Satou Jr. as pitcher and Daigo as catcher.
Sep 17, 2020 12:30 PM

Dec 2007
the moving from the character development to the game was done well.

really love how the mangaka building daigo character, and the way satou needs daigo to enjoy the game.

wonder what with toshi ignoring kaoru...
Oct 22, 2021 4:32 AM

Jul 2015
Truly an epic face plant. Loving Hikaru so far, with all his talent he's still a nice guy who just wants to play with that brat Daigo and couldn't care less for now on baseball.

Jun 3, 2023 11:39 PM

Feb 2019
everyone is just being manipulative, thrusting something to his face that he clearly ain't enjoying anymore. he might love the sport, but if his heart is not into it 100% coz he's being eaten up from the inside out by not living up to everyone's expectations, they should really try their best to hear him out & find out why he quit in the first place. Satou managed to get it out of him & understand why he loathes the game he loves so much. ah jeez, i dunno if i should continue this series or not.

More topics from this board

» Disappointed in Goro Shigeno's career? (Spoilers)

DankEvergreen - May 20, 2018

23 by KillZit »»
Jul 21, 7:03 AM

Poll: » Major 2nd Episode 25 Discussion

ropiel - Sep 22, 2018

28 by LeenPhoenixRae »»
Jun 4, 2023 7:36 PM

Poll: » Major 2nd Episode 24 Discussion

shuffleair - Sep 15, 2018

22 by LeenPhoenixRae »»
Jun 4, 2023 6:39 PM

Poll: » Major 2nd (TV) Episode 5 Discussion

el_morris - May 5, 2018

22 by LeenPhoenixRae »»
Jun 4, 2023 12:37 AM

Poll: » Major 2nd (TV) Episode 4 Discussion

animejas - Apr 28, 2018

22 by LeenPhoenixRae »»
Jun 4, 2023 12:06 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.