Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 1, 2017 7:21 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Wow, this got more intense than I had thought. A106's fight against that robot showed what he can really do but he also takes some heavy damage.

For one, I am impressed by how much excitement they made the finale look. In particular, I thought the episode had a feel of realism. Damn, A106's opponent is really tough.

Tears and emotions this episode.
Jul 1, 2017 10:33 AM
Jun 2017
Amazing episode! And that turn at the end with Mars answering A106.... wow...

I'm going to miss this anime.
Jul 1, 2017 9:27 PM

Feb 2016
1 week more, wow that battle was intense

btw, did Mars lose because he got outmatched by the AI of A106? I mean, Six kept asking why did he attacked Ran, I think he lose because he has military AI that can't think of stuff rather than orders (like for military purpose for example) and that ended on overheating him or something like that.

What do you Think @Stark700 ?
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Jul 2, 2017 5:27 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
The episode was a surprise, i hope more fight action, and finally end with the Six power to reasoned!!!
Mars had the advantage in all the combat, first cut the arm, after a eye and finally cut the Six body by the half, by the instant that destroyer him can not do it!!! coool sequence because show the reasoning power of this robots and the new advance!!!

Six win but end badly!!! kekeke
Jul 2, 2017 1:28 PM

Jun 2015
How are u guys able to watch this episode?
Jul 3, 2017 3:01 PM
Sep 2015
Where are y'all watching this? I know it was supposed to be out on the 1st but I cannot find it anywhere!
Jul 4, 2017 2:54 AM
Apr 2016
In most cases, they are watching it raw from different sources. It is beyond me why some subbers drop translating of meaningful series and I sure hope it stays beyond.
Re:formed
Jul 4, 2017 6:44 AM
Apr 2014
Otaku-Me said:
Where are y'all watching this? I know it was supposed to be out on the 1st but I cannot find it anywhere!

Amazon Strike episode 11 of this is messed up. I contacted them to let them know and they contacted the technical team so hopefully it will get resolved soon.
Jul 5, 2017 6:55 AM

Dec 2015
bmoore07 said:
How are u guys able to watch this episode?

I don't know where you live (no profile information) but Wakanim has it in France (and some other countries maybe since they're expanding).
Jul 5, 2017 11:56 AM
Nov 2015
Great episode.

I feel the shift came from Mars realizing that he really was alone, everyone who created him thought of him as nothing but a tool whereas he saw the love Six's friends had for him and basically chose to die as a protest against how he was treated by Dr. Lolo. Anyone else see it that way? I'm curious to hear people's opinions on this.

I have no issue with Strike personally, but I am bummed that it doesn't seem to be working in fan circles as anime like this really deserves to be seen by more people. I think this thread would be a lot bigger of the show were on Crunchy.
Jul 5, 2017 1:00 PM

Aug 2013
That was an intense fight between A106 and Mars. I knew it was going to be a good but this was too good, almost perfect.

Got a bit emotional seeing A106 getting wrecked by Mars. Seems like Mars intentionally shut himself for some reason. At least Six's words got through to him.

Can't believe there is only one more episode left. This was a good show. It's a shame that not a lot of people are watching it.

Jul 5, 2017 5:44 PM

Oct 2012
Definitely an emotional fight, with A106 desperately trying to reach Mars and others, seeing him get beat down without a response was heartbreaking.

More than anything it seems like A106 managed to communicate with Mars, and I guess Mars came to the realization that it was him that was all alone, and chose to shut himself off for some reason afterwards.

Umataro's attitude wasn't pleasant for sure, I'm surprised no one gave him a little whack after the way he treated A106.
"If I don't have to do it, I won't. If I have to do it, I'll make it quick."
- Oreki Houtarou
Jul 5, 2017 6:15 PM

Mar 2016
Pretty action packed for how mellow this anime has been in past episodes so I'm pleased with that. I'm not sure I like how the fight ended with A106's voice reaching Mars but it made for an interesting twisting development in the story. I'm really intrigued to see how they end the anime in the final episode now that the action has all concluded.
I shall rule over the realms of anime and manga! Mwahhahahahaha!!!
Jul 6, 2017 1:31 AM

Sep 2013
Best episode,the fight was okay but the talk between Six and Mars was what made this episode very interesting and special,now i just can't wait to see Six talking with his creators and "friends".

No second season would be a crime at this point.
Deep dark fantasies
Jul 6, 2017 1:57 AM

Dec 2014
Best episode of the franchise, I struggled to not cry during the final moments of the battle.

The fight was awesome, that Six dodge when Mars bounced off the walls to attack him was freaking insane.

The final moments of the battle with Mars walking towards Six with the intent to finish him off once in for all were really heart wrenching.
Umataro certainly did seem a little cold towards Six during that state but I think deep down he still believed Six would pull through somehow and it looks like he was right.

Mars finally spoke to Six! I loved how Mars pointed out that Six thinking he was alone was just a bunch of nonsense, Six had so many people behind him. The one who was truly alone was Mars. :(
It certainly seems like Mars decided to shut himself down, perhaps somewhere in those logic circuits of his, watching Six endure on as he tried to reach Mars clicked something inside.

Anyway, looks like it's finally our finale next week. Kinda sad to see this end after this episode. :(
Jul 6, 2017 3:55 AM

Jan 2013
When Mars spoke, I froze. Like, didn't see that coming.

We also the rift between Ochanomizu and Tenma grow bigger with one wants to forfeit to save Six and the only thinks destruction is what he deserves for failure. But in the end they won because Mars showed mercy and shut himself off so it's not really a victory for the battle, but Six won for having his friends, fanbase, and reaching out for Mars.
REJECT ANIMU - EMBRACE TOKU
Jul 6, 2017 4:13 AM

Nov 2007
What a great episode! after episode like this,it pains me even more to see the score.......
i was surprised how it all went and how emotional it was

when Mars spoke i laughed though because I really didn't expect to hear Sakurai Takahiro:'))

(and Lolo is definitely trap)
Jul 6, 2017 9:49 AM

Aug 2014
Good fight. Tenma's pathetic gloating was satisfying. Really enjoyed this show since the tournament kicked in. Next episode to bridge to Astro Boy.

@Rei366 As in they'll probably at least mention or hint at what comes next between the series as any prequel should, not that I am expecting a time skip or anything.
QuattroVaginasJul 6, 2017 11:05 AM
Sieg Zeon!
Jul 6, 2017 11:00 AM

Dec 2015
@QuattroVaginas Like, the show really features Atom? o_O This seems impossible given the setting (way before Tenma gets a family).

edit @QuattroVaginas Thank you.
Rei_IIIJul 6, 2017 11:24 AM
Jul 6, 2017 11:21 AM

May 2015
Just realised after this ep how much of a douchebag Umataro is.

overall the episode was pretty exciting! I love the idea of Six trying to communicate with Mars but nothing gets through to him, assuming that he is not capable of speech like the others and when he is about to get destroyed he talks to him about solitude and lonesomeness I found that really heartwarming and I think Mars short circuited himself on purpose or something like that since he felt envious of Six about how people cared for him and he thought he was going to die alone. I love the VA of Mars and was really excited when he got a part in the anime except I don't remember what his name was or what characters he played!
“You choose to be hurt rather than to hurt others, right?
You’re nice and wonderful.
But while it seems like you are choosing both,
you’re really forsaking both.”
Jul 6, 2017 5:30 PM

Oct 2012
Cool episode. It was almost like Mars shut itself down following the Laws of Robotics.
Jul 6, 2017 7:08 PM

Oct 2008
I almost teared-up also when I see A106 being helpless and crawling backwards...but nice episode!
A106 finally communicated with Mars...and I think mars let A106 win...because clearly Mars is on the upperhand...but if A106 is not a good boy and changed to an aggressive attitude...then maybe the fight might be a total chaos and wreckage and A106 might really do some serious damage to Mars if he really wanted to!
4/5.

Jul 7, 2017 10:03 PM

Mar 2009
Tenma needs to keep that ego in check.

Anyway, what a great episode.
Jul 12, 2017 9:48 AM

Mar 2014
Man, this was such a touching finale. brought tears to my eyes.

...Even though Tenma was being a giant unfeeling douche-nozzle.
Still, I don't think he really feels that way, he's probably just hiding his true emotions.

One episode left. I wonder if they're going to set it up for a second season or not. Here's hoping they do.
::End of Transmission::

Jul 12, 2017 11:40 PM
Jul 2018
I felt weird to see the winner of the tournament until I see here the replies. Well I suppose Mars was probably outmatched by emotions.
Jul 22, 2017 7:55 PM

May 2012
That was a bit anti climatic to be honest, pretty impressive nonetheless and also quite melodramatic! Pretty lovely episode in general and a good ending to this main story I'd say!

Looking forward to see what the last episode will have to offer!
Jul 31, 2017 1:24 PM

Dec 2008
I think Dr. Lolo is really a man.
Aug 23, 2017 5:38 AM
Mar 2012
quite a fight, last moments felt really cruel. Thankfully Mars' surprise response & shutdown ended the match.
Tenma more cold hearted than a bot.
So what's the mysteries behind Lolo (& what gender)?
Sep 1, 2017 12:40 PM

Apr 2012
Wow, really didn't expect Mars to power down this way (almost felt like a suicide). I guess I'm just too used to gits and its berserk military IAs. But in this era of dawning IAs, the boundary between ego-consciousness and morals were still blurry.
Feb 19, 2018 2:16 PM

Oct 2015
That was an emotional scene, especially when six was about to be destroyed by Mars. I was surprised by Mars's reaction considering he never spoke from the entire fight, especially when he resolved to shutting down and forfeit the match. I didn't like that he never pummeled Mars but a win is a win.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Mar 27, 2020 2:39 PM
Jul 2018
This was very sad. It appears Mars does have a similar AI to A106 built into him. Both of them are similar in so many ways, but one major difference stands out, A106 has people that care about him, Mars has no one. His sole objective is to fight and shed needless destruction. That's the only purpose behind his creation. Realizing this all too well, Mars shut himself down, allowing victory to attain A106. Tragic and unfortunate.

Tenma's dark side is coming into a display once again. The near-maniacal laughter, the merciless attitude towards his robot construction, and his arrogant boastful speech regarding his victory are all too familiar. Sure, technically his system may have won out at the end, but gloating about your unprecedented victory is a little low, even for him. If he keeps this up, and I am sure he most likely will, Longnose may find himself agreeing to join Lab 1.
Feb 17, 2022 2:45 AM

Jul 2016
Mormegil said:
Tenma needs to keep that ego in check.

Anyway, what a great episode.

You realise it is Tenma right?

The go is part and parcel of who he was in the original astro boy shows.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Atom: The Beginning Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Jul 8, 2017

32 by Vindicater »»
Feb 21, 2022 1:12 AM

Poll: » Atom: The Beginning Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 24, 2017

17 by Vindicater »»
Feb 11, 2022 4:57 AM

Poll: » Atom: The Beginning Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 17, 2017

13 by Vindicater »»
Feb 9, 2022 3:44 AM

Poll: » Atom: The Beginning Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 10, 2017

22 by Vindicater »»
Feb 4, 2022 6:48 PM

Poll: » Atom: The Beginning Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 3, 2017

17 by Vindicater »»
Jan 29, 2022 9:59 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.