Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Dec 17, 2016 4:27 PM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Well this sure was interesting for Goku and the others but I have a feeling they're going to need more than just powering up. This new arc is starting to intrigue me a bit more with Hit entering the story.

He became one of my favorite antagonists from one of the previous arcs. I'm kinda surprised how strong he's became now.
Stark700Dec 17, 2016 4:59 PM
Dec 17, 2016 4:32 PM
Jan 2016
Man fuck toei for that shitty animation
Dec 17, 2016 4:55 PM

Jan 2015
It'll be so interesting to see how Goku will face Hit without using Kaio Ken! He's died twice before and being dead in the tournament won't really matter I guess... Do you think he'll die soon?
Dec 17, 2016 6:06 PM

Jan 2012
An episode mostly told in flashback. Goku's dead again, but it doesn't look like for very long. Try again Hit! XD
Dec 17, 2016 6:12 PM

Feb 2013
He's dead again, and it's the first time he doesn't even "Hit" his opponent.
Dec 17, 2016 6:18 PM

Apr 2016
Turtles_Leader said:
Husseinala00 said:
Man fuck toei for that shitty animation

And have you watched the 72 preview. Man, it's gonna be awful.

EPISODE 5 ANIMATOR IS BACK BABY, YEAAAH.
~There is a crack in everything
That's how the light gets in. ~
Dec 17, 2016 6:26 PM

Mar 2009
"This new arc is starting to intrigue me a bit more"
It's not a arc, it's filler that ends in the next episode. Non of this will be in the manga.

Also - can we have Spin-off series with Hit as a antihero? Couse his world seems pretty interesting and Hit himself is a great character.
3 setps to become Masochist:
1. Read source material
2. Watch anime adaptation
3. Suffer
Bonus Step: Tell everyone that anime is crap becouse Manga/Novel is better (duh..)

How to find the worst trash anime ever, so bad that people should be ashamed for even knowing this trash exist:
1. Check your favorite anime
2. Enjoy your shit taste pleb
Works everytime for everyone.
Dec 17, 2016 7:00 PM
Dec 2015
Hit Froze Time. The battle starts next week.
Dec 17, 2016 7:54 PM

Jan 2016
The animation wasn't bad lately but I'm impressed on how badly it was done in this one. Unfortunately, the next ep goes through the same problem lol

Other than that, it seems the whole episode was a flashback of next episode (a weird thing). Goku's death is not, well... a surprise. To be honest, deaths (besides villains) aren't surprising anymore xD The only new thing is that Hit has a newer technique seemingly.
THANKS SENPIEX
Dec 17, 2016 8:10 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
So Hit's technique is sort of like Guldo's?
Seems like a pretty OP technique. It wasn't a bad episode, if anything I've been wanting to see how Hit does his assassinations.

LOL at Picollo. The guy went from wanting to kill Goku to being Pan's uncle, to playing baseball and now he's Gohan's BBQ man. It would have been hilarious if he was wearing chef clothes.

Vegeta got a bit of screen time. You could tell Vegeta was ticked off when Beerus said Goku is the team leader. If Goku slacks off then Zeno will get mad. I don't blame Vegeta for feeling that way.

Hmm that preview though.
Hit stronger than Goku??

Dec 17, 2016 8:23 PM

Dec 2014
I liked how they made such a big deal that Goku Died... I mean he had died so many times...it is now obvious he may die sooner than later...plus with the existence of Dragon balls he seems immortal to me ....Lol
Dec 17, 2016 8:37 PM

Oct 2012
What the heck is up with characters gaining new powers out of nowhere in this show? =P

Not that long ago, Goku and Hit could fight on even terms, now Hit's got a new ability that allows him to dodge every attack and kill Goku in one punch?

So much about this show makes no sense to me lol.
Dec 17, 2016 8:53 PM

Mar 2009
fluffybunnyboy said:
What the heck is up with characters gaining new powers out of nowhere in this show? =P

Not that long ago, Goku and Hit could fight on even terms, now Hit's got a new ability that allows him to dodge every attack and kill Goku in one punch?

So much about this show makes no sense to me lol.

Nah, this one was established like 35 episodes ago. It was said that Hit wasn't fighting seriously, couse he couldn't use all of his letal attacks, Goku surrenders becouse of that, he wanted proper fight. His main attacks are letal, all those time stuff are only tools. In first fight he had to convert his tool to main weapon. So this time it isin't out of nothing.

It says alot about Hit 35 episode ago (1 year in Anime) that even then vs Goku Kaioken x10 he won this fight (Goku said that he would loose either way, he couldn't fight anymore, were Hit was in good shape) and yet Hit was holding back.

So the real problem will be in the next episode, couse if Goku wins, it will be meh.
Draw or some slight upper hand would be better.
3 setps to become Masochist:
1. Read source material
2. Watch anime adaptation
3. Suffer
Bonus Step: Tell everyone that anime is crap becouse Manga/Novel is better (duh..)

How to find the worst trash anime ever, so bad that people should be ashamed for even knowing this trash exist:
1. Check your favorite anime
2. Enjoy your shit taste pleb
Works everytime for everyone.
Dec 17, 2016 8:53 PM
Jul 2018
Hit got a new ability! Goki is dead again!
Dec 17, 2016 9:34 PM

Jan 2009
the new ability of Hit is a mystery but im sure its still time manipulation thing

Goku dead again, welp time for the Dragon Balls to revive him again next episode
Dec 17, 2016 9:35 PM

Dec 2011
This feels like a complete different feels this episode and i love it.
I think may be they send Hit to train Goku. But anyway Hit was awesome as always :)
Dec 17, 2016 10:01 PM

Dec 2014
Goku is dead? Think again. XD
Well, even if he does die we know he'll be revived with the dragonballs. :P

The facial animation for the next episode looked terrible. :|
Dec 17, 2016 10:55 PM

Oct 2016
well they still have like a week to fix the NEP animation for the next ep
Dec 17, 2016 10:57 PM

Jul 2016
I knew it, this saga was another filler saga like Copy Vegeta s***.
Dec 17, 2016 11:04 PM
Aug 2012
Ulquiorra said:

Not the first time he failed to hit his opponent before he died.
Dec 17, 2016 11:06 PM

Jan 2016
pretty obvious who goku was looking for from the former. but fun stuff.

hit definitely learned these abilities over the year since yes, he couldn't be lethal against goku in the tournament, but he never had to fight like that before, hence the improvement, and goku said they would over rule the gods so he sure as hell was training. but. who hired him to kill goku? is whis still memeing?

poor vegeta, we love you

Dec 17, 2016 11:19 PM

May 2014
This episode was ratherly disappointing and very anti-climatic. And with the preview now it's confusing. Why a fight between Hit and Goku? Shouldn't they have done that this episode?

And that shit animation for next week, well this episode too.
Dec 17, 2016 11:40 PM

Apr 2015
This Episode Was Quite Unique And I Loved It.Looks Like This Arc Is Going To Be Awesome
Dec 17, 2016 11:44 PM

Jan 2009
Uchihaaa said:
This Episode Was Quite Unique And I Loved It.Looks Like This Arc Is Going To Be Awesome

this is not the new arc though, this fight with Hit will end next week
Dec 18, 2016 12:10 AM

Apr 2015
ThugHunter said:
j0x said:

this is not the new arc though, this fight with Hit will end next week

Unfortunately, this is the case. The next big arc doesn't officially start until February 5th.
Oh I See Thankyou For Telling
Dec 18, 2016 2:38 AM

Sep 2016
that preview is as shit as SSB vegito one lol (but with shit animation)
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Dec 18, 2016 2:50 AM

Feb 2013
Tropicalwood said:
Ulquiorra said:

When he died in the fight against Raditz he fought him a lot, he wasn't killed in an instant.
Against Cell it was the same.
Dec 18, 2016 3:10 AM

Oct 2015
So Goku will be revived, or he didn't die, and he instantly goes for a rematch?

Maybe Beerus/Whis secretly hired Hit so that Goku gets a big load of motivation to train like crazy for the tournament.

We can see Beerus' smile in the preview, which can mean his plan worked, or he forces Hit to train with Goku until the tournament begins.
Anyways, probably it's much simpler than that, and it will barely have any impact on the story, since it's just a 2-episodes long filler. :(
Dec 18, 2016 4:10 AM

Nov 2016
There was Vegeta in it/5

Goku's sons are as stupid as him, lol.

Wow, when Goku was talking to Hit Masako Nozawa made him sound like Black and I started fangirling xD

tkrisz2 said:
Maybe Beerus/Whis secretly hired Hit so that Goku gets a big load of motivation to train like crazy for the tournament.

Oh... I think you are right. That's why Vegeta was suspecting Whis gave a training menu to Goku.
Dec 18, 2016 4:13 AM

Jun 2016
Hey, anyone have theory on how Hit can travel between Multiverse?
Does Whis help him?
Dec 18, 2016 4:19 AM

May 2015
Hit is Saitama. True story.
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Dec 18, 2016 4:57 AM
Aug 2012
Ulquiorra said:
Tropicalwood said:

When he died in the fight against Raditz he fought him a lot, he wasn't killed in an instant.

He didn't land a hit on that heart virus before it slowly and painfully killed him.
Dec 18, 2016 6:42 AM

Aug 2013
Aladeen111 said:
Does Whis help him?

Hit got the cube-shaped spacecraft from Champa in the tournament saga.

I'm also confused about the preview. Maybe Hit didn't actually kill Goku. He probably will take him to train in another planet or universe. I think the reason to fake Goku's death is that Goku can train 24/7 without having Chichi nagging.
fejotaDec 18, 2016 8:06 AM
Please consider reading my novel for MAL x Honeyfeed Writing contest 2023 https://www.honeyfeed.fm/novels/12252
Dec 18, 2016 7:02 AM

Feb 2013
Tropicalwood said:
Ulquiorra said:

He didn't land a hit on that heart virus before it slowly and painfully killed him.

Oh,that one, I completely forgot.
But that only happened in the future, I was thinking about actual battles he fought.
Dec 18, 2016 7:15 AM

Jun 2015
Dayum it was that easy for hit to kill goku? o.O
Dec 18, 2016 8:04 AM
Oct 2016
I think the reason Hit was able to kill Goku so easily is because he wasn't in a tournament therefore he was allowed to use his highly effective killing techniques.

Also it's pretty obvious that Whis must have hired him to train Goku. As well as this that next episode preview was ridiculous it had Gohan and Goten saying how terrible it was that their dad was dead but the footage is completely made up of Goku alive and fighting Hit, someone at Toei probably has a sense of humour about this I bet.

That beginning bit with Goku acting like a martial artist for the first time in ages was great, the bit where Gohan and Goten tail him around town was hilarious and the bit where Hit goes out on a job in that dark rainy city was unlike anything seen before in Dragon Ball this episode was much better than I thought it was going to be.
Dec 18, 2016 9:11 AM

Jun 2013
Hit killed Goku so easily
AxelucardDec 18, 2016 10:24 AM
Dec 18, 2016 10:06 AM

Dec 2016
I don't get it Goku is back alive, I'm guessing he got wished back again.
Dec 18, 2016 12:05 PM

Oct 2012
robhans said:
Nah, this one was established like 35 episodes ago. It was said that Hit wasn't fighting seriously, couse he couldn't use all of his letal attacks, Goku surrenders becouse of that, he wanted proper fight. His main attacks are letal, all those time stuff are only tools. In first fight he had to convert his tool to main weapon. So this time it isin't out of nothing.

It says alot about Hit 35 episode ago (1 year in Anime) that even then vs Goku Kaioken x10 he won this fight (Goku said that he would loose either way, he couldn't fight anymore, were Hit was in good shape) and yet Hit was holding back.

So the real problem will be in the next episode, couse if Goku wins, it will be meh.
Draw or some slight upper hand would be better.

I see, that makes sense. Thanks. If I could +1 your helpful and informative post, then I would. =)

I know most people would consider it lame for Goku to figure out some way to win, but I'm kind of a dumb Goku fanboy and hate seeing him be so completely weak and useless like this. Though I do have to say, Hit being this unbelievably strong (maybe even stronger than Beerus, who knows) yet being so uninterested in wealth/power and ruling over the universe (even though he totally could) makes him a somehow likeable character despite being a cold-blooded murderer.
Dec 18, 2016 12:37 PM

Mar 2008
So was the Hit from episodes ago from Universe 6 and this is Universe 7's Hit? Maybe that would explain the power difference.
Dec 18, 2016 1:31 PM

Dec 2014
Jokes on Hit, Goku will get revived right away apparently. Dragon balls are too OP

the preview for next week looks hilarious judging from the animation alone
Dec 18, 2016 3:00 PM

Jun 2015
i'm guessing that hit can also manipulate space.
so, like obito , he's there but at the same time he's somewhere else.
Dec 18, 2016 3:03 PM

Jun 2015
razisgosu said:
So was the Hit from episodes ago from Universe 6 and this is Universe 7's Hit? Maybe that would explain the power difference.

nope , same hit.
it felt like he knew goku already.
any other hit wouldn't have given goku a chance to run away.
Dec 18, 2016 5:40 PM

Mar 2010
The fastest I've seen goku die lol. But excellent episode, different from the usual fights.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Dec 18, 2016 6:20 PM

Jul 2013
Well that was unexpected. I mean sure from the last preview you could imagine what would happen to Goku, but really? 1 hit defeat without any chance? That's the first time I've ever seen Goku that inferior against someone. Also how did Goku know that Hit wants to kill him?

And what's going on in the next episode? Goku fighting again against Hit and Beerus appears?
Natsu88Dec 18, 2016 6:26 PM

Dec 18, 2016 6:32 PM

Jun 2012
Looks like it's around that time for my Dragon Ball Super hype train to get rolling again. Really looking forward to next week to see Hit's face when he realized he failed his assassination for (what I'm guessing) the first time, especially after his new perfected techniques. And of course, to see why there was a hit on Goku to begin with.
Dec 18, 2016 9:19 PM

Oct 2008
I think there's now a proper match for Saitama...it's gonna be Hit! (or might be Hit = Saitama because he One Punched Goku without contact!)
anyways that aside, what's the twist of this one!?
Beerus-sama ain't gonna like the outcome of this!
What's the trick that Hit has up his sleeve!?
An god-killing assassin technique!? might be an attack that is a higher plane of existence than the god-ki energy that isn't revealed yet?
Hit even has a Madara technique of style wherein all attacks passes through his own matter...Hit might even have "Limbo"...his own dimension since every time the time stops, the one affected of the time stop is also inside that dimension! might be a higher level of time stop which includes his very own dimension?
Who is Hit working for? hmmm...
5/5!
matias067Dec 18, 2016 9:27 PM

Dec 19, 2016 2:27 AM

Oct 2011
I still don't understand why the characters make such a fuss over a death...
Shenron is like their best friend now, XD ... they're basically immortal

remove all the restrictions over ressurrection wishes was a terrible decision of the writers...
Dec 19, 2016 12:17 PM
Oct 2016
robhans said:

It's not a arc, it's filler that ends in the next episode. Non of this will be in the manga.

It would make sense, i was wondering how was an Arc with Hit being the "villain" would be like.

I had a few ideas, but Akira and Toei both suck, so, I didn't expect them to do it correctly.

It's a weird filler then, I guess they had to ask Toriyama about Hit's techniques, or at least I hope so.

It would be dumb not to have Hit using these techniques later on.

Just like how Goku didn't absorbed any ki attacks, or healed himself ever again like he did in SSJG.

robhans said:
can we have Spin-off series with Hit as a antihero? Couse his world seems pretty interesting and Hit himself is a great character.

Do we have confirmation that THAT was his world?

Anyway, Hit is interesting, but he wouldn't work as a main character.

fejota said:
Aladeen111 said:
Does Whis help him?

Hit got the cube-shaped spacecraft from Champa in the tournament saga.

No, he didn't.

#1) He said he didn't want it anymore.

#2) The cube was his prize for winning, he lost.

Ronin-errante said:

remove all the restrictions over ressurrection wishes was a terrible decision of the writers...

I couldn't agree more.

The revival of characters was an 0.K. thing since it could be performed only 1 time.

Then Akira ended up removing many restrictions over time.

The more powerful the characters and wishes, the more crappy DB becomes.

Uchihaaa said:
This Episode Was Quite Unique

Yes, it was uniquely boring.

The actual meat was like 10 minutes at most, it got ridiculously extended.

This is why the manga is superior, it brings the actual story, not the unnecessary crap.

Having motion, color and sound is clearly an advantage, but I wouldn't sacrifice the quality of the story for those, even less when the animation is poor.
SSJ4LifeDec 19, 2016 12:24 PM
Dec 19, 2016 12:57 PM

Sep 2014
soo Hit is absolutely OP as expected. It wouldnt even be bad if there would be a reason for it. But no...

Judging from the preview, super tries to make a new "most ugly anime epsiode of all time" attempt.
I hope this was just a budget saver for the preview and not the real animation.

Is this the first time they have to use the dragonballs to get a mc back?
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» DBS English dub on BBC Iplayer (U.K.)

JVskunkape - Oct 2

9 by EGG_KING_ »»
6 hours ago

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Episode 72 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 24, 2016

66 by satyrelfheim »»
Oct 2, 10:38 PM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 10, 2015

73 by JVskunkape »»
Oct 2, 2:31 PM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 3, 2015

74 by JVskunkape »»
Oct 2, 2:13 PM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 26, 2015

120 by JVskunkape »»
Oct 2, 1:49 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.