Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 23, 2015 7:21 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Eh it was okay. There's some dramatic rivalry going on this episode but also bits of comedy
Seems more like a set up episode though.

They should adapt more piano theme music into this series imo. There's some in this episode and that had a catchier tune imo compared to the other music.
Nov 23, 2015 7:27 AM

Nov 2007
Preparing for next one (school festival, so first public performance).

Since that performance, other teams are excited by main team? Although that neighbor guy is nervous about having many people watching. lol @ nervous tea request. Being tricked by rock paper scissor to choose a stage. More about the cousins' tension with Other Kaou-kai members, especially Morikubo-san's character involved. They don't want main team to participate mainly because of what Suwabe-san's character did last time.

lol @ thinking about what to do especially the imagination with Hosoya-san's character doing Juliet of Romeo & Juliet. Sudden IN song to show what they decided to do. lol @ Maeno-san's character's drawing.

The highschool guy that main guy decided to do musical appearing next?
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Nov 23, 2015 9:38 AM

Apr 2015
The episode was alright but oh lol, this error : "Les équipe Otori" (it's french). Uurh, it's "L'équipe Otori" ><.

Apparently the next episode will introduce a french character. well... ok.
Blacker than a moonless night, hotter and more bitter than hell itself... that is coffee.

My anime list
My manga list
Nov 23, 2015 9:48 AM

Sep 2010
Nayuki is me when it comes to stage fright I can totally get him I wish I could have some of that tea. xD

Shuu's drawing skills are the same level as mine.
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
Nov 23, 2015 10:04 AM

Oct 2008
Fun episode, though honestly I dislike the whole drama with the Kao-kai. Jerks.

Aside from that though Nayuki is quickly becoming my favourite guy. It was so cute when he thought Tengenji was gonna make a move on his sisters and he tried to punch him but was too weak ;w;

Also.... FUNASSYI TSUKIGAMI I'M DONE BYE
Nov 23, 2015 10:18 AM

Oct 2008
Go Team Ootori :D

This ep was pretty good :3
except for Akatsuki and his drama, he needs to take a chill pill.
Nov 23, 2015 10:39 AM
Jul 2018
Team Otori is preparing for the next performance!
Nov 23, 2015 12:35 PM

Feb 2015
Tengenji as Juliet was hilarious.
Nov 23, 2015 12:42 PM

Oct 2015
devinder said:

just yes
Nov 23, 2015 1:19 PM

Mar 2014
Things that made this episode: Kuga playing the ED on piano. Kugas drawing.

Song was meh, Otori is still creepy/cringey. The green haired dude should leave the other team and replace Otori.
Nov 23, 2015 3:58 PM

Sep 2014
This episode was good, but I'm looking forward to the next one more.
Nov 23, 2015 4:35 PM

Apr 2015
Enjoyed the episode, and the song was pretty decent. Lol at Juliet Tengenji.
Nov 23, 2015 5:37 PM

Oct 2013
nothing new but for some reason the art bothered me more than usual this episode, especially during the song sequence. dunno if it was the art itself or the transitions.

i got a good laugh out of kuga's poster tho (me too kuga,,, me too)
but man... akatsuki needs to get that stick outta his ass :v
no one seemed to really have a problem with team ootori until he started to make a huge deal out of it??

i loled really hard at 'what are you to him??' that was the best line the whole episode lmffao
Nov 23, 2015 7:44 PM

Aug 2007
Wait, Tengenji does onnagata roles?! Oh wow, I thought he did the 'rough' kind of kabuki role, would never in a million years have thought he could pull off onnagata. If so then he may very well be the best actor of the whole bunch. And he actually has a point when it comes to getting spectators, he already has a fanbase so he should cash in on it. I bet Saotome Taichi's fans would watch him in a musical if he switched to that (Saotome being an actual onnagata actor who has featured in films), in fact I wonder how many are into his movies.

The way Hoshitani lost was priceless, too.

This episode's song was the best so far, at least I kind of liked it and I am not into this kind of music, at all.

Next episode seems like it'll be a flashback of Ohtori and co. I'd interested to see more of Tsukigami's brother.

It amuses me how Akatsuki and more or less everyone seems to think that team Ohtori is absolutely revolutionary when it's more or less the same thing as the rest....you'd think they were doing black metal reenditions of My Fair Lady (now *that* I would be all over, despite my better judgement). I get it, they are not upholding the Ayanagi tradition and all that but still.
Nov 23, 2015 11:29 PM

Apr 2013
weakest episode so far imo
The animation was pretty bad and not as enjoyable as previous episodes
Nov 23, 2015 11:48 PM

May 2014
All I have to say is... Juliet
"I lost all of what you could call feelings of love. They weren't sealed, so they can't be released. They weren't broken, so they can't be fixed. That which is lost, cannot be recovered." Shiba Tatsuya
"There are no regrets. If one can be proud of one's life, one should not wish for another chance." Saber
"No matter what happens, no matter how crazy things get, I'll always try to restore balance." Korra
"It's madness to let others take what's yours and accept it blindly." Baatar Jr
"Instinct is a lie, told by a fearful body, hoping to be wrong." Zaheer
"Partner in crime, partner in time" Chloe Price and Max Caulfield
Nov 24, 2015 12:14 AM
Jul 2018
Lol Kuga's drawing..
Pfft, what's with the orange hair guy? He's so annoying.
Nov 24, 2015 1:27 AM

Oct 2011
I want to punch Akatsuki GRRRR
Nov 24, 2015 2:24 AM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
komasan said:

Also.... FUNASSYI TSUKIGAMI I'M DONE BYE

LOL omg how did I not notice that?!?!

Nocturnal said:

It amuses me how Akatsuki and more or less everyone seems to think that team Ohtori is absolutely revolutionary when it's more or less the same thing as the rest....you'd think they were doing black metal reenditions of My Fair Lady (now *that* I would be all over, despite my better judgement). I get it, they are not upholding the Ayanagi tradition and all that but still.

For real though, Akatsuki and the other two definitely made it seem that way.

Kuga says he can draw...that was some nice picture at the end there XD I died.
Nov 24, 2015 7:55 AM

Oct 2010
HAHA Kuga's art skills are amazing.

It's a shame that the other team leaders are acting like sore losers.
I hope that Hiragi doesn't give into their pressure! He seems better than that.
Nov 24, 2015 9:05 AM

Sep 2013
Setup for the massive shit that is about to be dumped on stardust XD
Nov 24, 2015 12:49 PM

Mar 2013
That Akatsuki guy is annoying the hell out of me tbh. Kill him with fire already.
A whole episode and they didn't decide LOL still the song at the end was nice.
Btw, Juliet Tengenji was the cutest thing I've ever seen, lmao.
Nov 24, 2015 8:49 PM

Aug 2007
tingy said:
Nocturnal said:

For real though, Akatsuki and the other two definitely made it seem that way.

Kuga says he can draw...that was some nice picture at the end there XD I died.

I almost wish they'd do something really weird (bursting into song randomly does not count in this show) just the lolz or to actually contest the whole tradition deal.

And Kuga can always become a naive painter and sell his art for millions of yen. It still amuses me to no end how he keeps up and leaving the gang when they are all getting hyped. I get he's going to his part-time job but it looks like he's just so over them.
Nov 25, 2015 4:44 AM
May 2007
Hoshitani goes all about the high schooler he admires again infront of Otori. The feels just keep building up.
I kinda wish they would choose the outdoor stage because fun. Yuzuriha lines between "daisuke" and "aishiteru" left me in deep thought.
Kao Council exists to crush Otori & his boys? This saddens my heart too much. More of Team Tsukigami next, young Otori feels like Hoshitani omg I can't.
Nov 27, 2015 1:47 PM
Sep 2015
This episode was 50/50 for me. It was all going well until the strawberry blonde dude popped out of nowhere with his unnecessary drama. Like argh! I dislike childish drama. It would seem like he might be holding some sort of personal grudge against Ootori or he might have always been a problem child. It's very cliche for this type of genre and here I was expecting a difference, for once. I just hope that this anime doesn't make several future episodes with strawberry blondie causing a disturbance for Stardust.

I'll admit my inner fujoshi kept expecting some hints of shounen ai throughout this episode, and yay! there were a couple :D - I can't help but notice Tengenji and Tsukigami's seemingly close relationship XD

I've always pictured him as the diva of the group(≧▽≦)

This reminded me of a particular song title....ahem XD:

More screen time please!! ( ˘ ³˘) :

Nov 28, 2015 7:57 PM

Apr 2012
Akatsuki plans on causing trouble for the Team Otori. How frustrating...

I can't help but think of something else though:

He and the other Kao Council members said that they want to kick Otori out to demote Team Otori to a regular team. If they were to succeed, the boys might be moved to the special outdoor stage. If that were to happen, wouldn't it be perfect it they managed to get an even larger audience than the main hall's 1,500?

I found it strange the way Yuzuriha said that detail about the outdoor stage separately, like with special emphasis. I also found it strange when Team Otori said "We're Stardust!". It's almost as if the show is foreshadowing that they're not going to be Team Otori in the future. I can totally imagine them not wanting to be just a team with a letter. It would also fit the rebellion thing they've got going on.
"I don't need something like a special seat...... I'm not the audience, I want to be on the stage." - Tsukigami Kaito from ‘Starmyu’

“We actors want an audience to watch our best performances, right? Is it different for you guys?” - Otori Itsuki from ‘Starmyu’

"Always tempt your faith with luck and a smile" - Y. Chang

"Those who fly in rage will always have a bad landing."
Nov 28, 2015 11:10 PM

Jan 2014
LOL, it was good. I expected a better performance though, so I hope it'll be better next time! :)
Kuga best boy <3
Nov 29, 2015 11:22 AM

Jun 2008
Tengenji as Juliet was the best XD

But we all know that if they would actually do Romeo and Juliet then Nayuki would play Juliet.
Dec 6, 2015 4:16 AM

May 2010
3000 eyes, Nayuki! Dam I am gonna quote dat.

Lol team Hiiragi kinda cheated on dat rock, paper, scissors game. Sorta.

Akatsuki y u always so jelly?! Wow, the council is so serious.

And wow Kuga, you. can. draw. Congratz... I guess.

I kinda liked this episode, it was slow and nice.
Dec 22, 2015 10:58 PM

Jul 2012
Nice episode. I really liked the song they had this time~ Super cute. Already heard it on the CD when I got it but it's really nice with the animation.

#KUGA4ARTPRESIDENT
Jan 17, 2016 4:29 PM

Feb 2015
Orange hair is seriously annoying.
Jan 18, 2016 12:10 PM
Jul 2018
devinder said:
Yes, that was very funny ^-^
Feb 11, 2016 4:38 PM

Dec 2013
Kuga will bring his motorcycle in the theater sounds great for me lol. Tengenji as Juliet? lmao, that's really funny and man, Kuga was such a dork, I thought he can really draw well but... lol

★━━─
𝘏𝘰𝘸 𝘤𝘢𝘯 𝘐 𝘣𝘳𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘱𝘦𝘢𝘤𝘦 𝘵𝘰 𝘮𝘺 𝘩𝘦𝘢𝘳𝘵?
𝘞𝘩𝘦𝘯 𝘐 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘬 𝘢𝘣𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝘪𝘵 𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘺 𝘥𝘢𝘺?

Mar 4, 2017 12:53 PM

Aug 2016
Fav episode so far.
Lol Juliet XD
Mar 16, 2022 1:49 AM

Feb 2020
Nice episode. However, this rivalry drama feels a bit odd.

Tengenji as Juliet was hilarious. x3

Kuga has some amazing art skills, haha.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Starmyu Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 21, 2015

50 by yveltalkyogre »»
Feb 7, 2023 2:36 PM

Poll: » Best Boy

Heiize - Oct 31, 2015

46 by Serafos »»
Mar 19, 2022 5:56 PM

Poll: » Starmyu Episode 11 Discussion

tsubasalover - Dec 14, 2015

41 by Serafos »»
Mar 16, 2022 9:06 AM

Poll: » Starmyu Episode 10 Discussion

tsubasalover - Dec 7, 2015

31 by Serafos »»
Mar 16, 2022 4:43 AM

Poll: » Starmyu Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 30, 2015

46 by Serafos »»
Mar 16, 2022 2:46 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.