Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jul 18, 2015 8:22 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Wow that was intense.

Felt like it was only a few seconds but the way they used their abilities was quite something. Poor Nao, she got knocked out for a moment there D:. It's kinda cute and interesting to see this girl make her debut:

I found some of her real personality to be amusing though:

Jul 18, 2015 8:33 AM

Nov 2013
I'm f*ckin dying at Joujirou's face when Yusa switch to her sister.
Oh man, what a fun episode.

anyway, Here's a "Hero" for you guys
overal 8.4/10 fun episode.

oh wait.
3 episodes more for JUN's JUN. Get ready for the JUN wild ride, everyone.
Jul 18, 2015 9:32 AM

May 2015
Omg i have been waiting for this episode since last week. Gonna wacth it "nao" see wat i did der hue. And yes im excited to see nao get punched this gunbe fun m8. Nao is mah action grill so hngg
i wanna see meganu get kicked as well hoho this anime so filled with action and comedy oh the laughter
those pics are interesting, op.but wat do u mean man, that girl- by this i assume u mean yusa/blondie. Real personality? Maybr u mean her sister? Cuz i hink yusa dun have a secret persona. Huehue
anyways imma watch it nao /flies away

(Gun edit dis latur cuz it looks terribul i cannit stand terribul msgs huhuhu)
mao666Jul 18, 2015 9:36 AM
Jul 18, 2015 9:34 AM

Apr 2013
Another superb episode! Really liking the characters, lol Yusa switching to her sis.
Jul 18, 2015 9:42 AM

Mar 2014
This seemed like a great gif image. Does it look good?

Also Ayumi looking as cute as always
DesuTronicJul 18, 2015 9:53 AM
Jul 18, 2015 9:57 AM

Nov 2014
it is really worth sleeping really late

i'm starting to hate the imouto, but it's safe to assume that she will also have a power.

is the ED will change every episode? or every character arc. but the 1st ED is still better

#AnimaxCharlotte
Jul 18, 2015 10:10 AM

May 2015
MaxXZoe said:

is the ED will change every episode? or every character arc. but the 1st ED is still better

This ED is just for this episode only.

This episode is overall good but a bit rushed, especially that part when Sho confessed to Misa.
Nao's facial expressions were priceless and her strategy made full use of their abilities.
Misa is cool. Her pet phrase seems to be センスがない (what a bad sense). It reminds of Shiina from Angel Beats who always says あさはかなり (how shallow-minded).
4/5

Mod edit:
Double post merged.
AversaJul 18, 2015 11:11 AM
Jul 18, 2015 10:52 AM

Aug 2013
That 3d scenes (when they running in alley for example) were awful, PA Works, what are you doing? :/

But overall it was great.
rsc-plJul 18, 2015 12:30 PM
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Jul 18, 2015 10:55 AM

Dec 2013
this episode did feel a little rushed but still a pretty great episode with them all using their powers, joujirou fanboying was pretty hilarious
Jul 18, 2015 11:00 AM

Jul 2012
Yay Yusa's finally here!
Jul 18, 2015 11:00 AM

Aug 2014
prepare ur ships
https://twitter.com/LightningDash02
OTPs || MyAnimeList || MyMangaList || Favorite Guys || Favorite Girls || Favorite Anime

~LightningXDash02
Jul 18, 2015 11:04 AM

Sep 2012
As much as I dislike Clannad, it was way more funny than this show.
Now this show pretty much turned from "I'd want to see" into "I've seen it before."
terrible 2/5.

Mod edit:
Quote of removed post, removed.
AversaJul 18, 2015 11:10 AM
Jul 18, 2015 11:08 AM

Jan 2012
So we meet Yusa and Misa. Enjoyable outing, that confession to Misa near the end was rather sad.
Jul 18, 2015 11:08 AM

Apr 2010
So an other character joins the group and i dislike her already.
Tho i do like the sister but i guess we wont be seeing her much but i guess we will see in time.
I have to say they solved things in a interesting way.
Jul 18, 2015 11:11 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
This episode was way too fucking awesome

Holy fuck Nao was too great in this episode and Joujiro and his fangasms plus his disappointed of her split personality thing had me DYING ON THE FLOOR LMFAOOOOOOOOO

The stars of this episode was defintely Misa/Yusa and her gang....My goodness Yusa is way too cute and adorable but her sister Misa is my kind of girl...Badass motherfucker that can control my favorite element (Fire) and can control it with style....Her personality is great...Best fucking girl right there

Everything from the cafeteria scene, the chase of that one dude in the beginning (Nao got punched hard lol), straight up to the introduction of Yusa and Misa and then the ending part when they totally REKT that TV station guy and his crew and then the sad goodbye and confession scene was just marvelous

Brilliant episode...Simply brilliant and I can't wait to see the sisters interact with our main cast and their new school life
Jul 18, 2015 11:12 AM

Jul 2015
Yuu_vi_Britannia said:
Now the MC acts as a priest.
Acting totally different the first half of the episode 1.

This is a weird case of the MC becoming less and less important as the episodes go on I see. It's mainly the side characters doing all the work, and Yu not really being relevant at all.

Even though this is undoubtedly the imouto of the season, it's becoming quite predictable what's going to happen in the story though.

I can safely say that I'm still enjoying the episodes at least, pyrokinesis OP af
Jul 18, 2015 11:16 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Yuu_vi_Britannia said:
Inferno_Cop said:
As much as I dislike Clannad, it was way more funny than this show.
Now this show pretty much turned from "I'd want to see" into "I've seen it before."
terrible 2/5.

Friend to make matters worse she kicked the Megane-kun 2x for stupid reasons.
I hate violent heroines kicking men, for anything

I'm guessing you missed the part where they were trying to find out information/get shit done yet the dude was having an orgasm/interrupting the entire process over the revelation that his dream girl is within reach

Her reacting that way to him is completely justified -_-
Jul 18, 2015 11:17 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Really good episode again thanks to Takajo and Yusa/Misa. The action scene was nice, Yuu and Nao helped out.

I really liked the confession scene with my so far favourite OST from this series.
Jul 18, 2015 11:17 AM

Jun 2015
Fantastic episode... had a bit of everything, and it all flowed really smoothly.. Loved the way they all made way for Sho to make his confession. Looking forward to next week!!! :)

Jul 18, 2015 11:18 AM

Aug 2010
Nao as annoying as always. The rest of the episode was ok i guess
Jul 18, 2015 11:19 AM

Jul 2015
Yuu_vi_Britannia said:
Friend to make matters worse she kicked the Megane-kun 2x for stupid reasons.
I hate violent heroines kicking men, for anything

At least there haven't been any of over-the-top beating scenes yet, that are supposed to be extreme just for the sake of being humorous
Jul 18, 2015 11:20 AM

Aug 2010
Man I'm loving Nao more and more <3

Dat Misa personality tho XD Difference between hell and heaven lol
Jul 18, 2015 11:26 AM
Jun 2015
Enjoyable episode. I like the ending that was used, as well.

Yusa/Misa seems pretty cool. It's crazy how different their personalities are. From moeblob to straight up badass.
okqoiwfklweJul 18, 2015 12:29 PM
Jul 18, 2015 11:27 AM

Apr 2013
Loved it. I like the pace of the show so far. Nao is the shit. I hope Misa makes many more appearances from here on out.
Jul 18, 2015 11:31 AM

Feb 2014
I suppose this is the last MC to be introduced, I really like her.

That plan was actually pretty cool. Nao is too good.
Jul 18, 2015 11:42 AM
Jul 2018
We got two new characters made their debut Yusa and Misa. Switching between two personalities in one body is a good one.
Jul 18, 2015 11:43 AM

Jan 2014
Another great episode, it was funny seeing both of them fight :P

Jul 18, 2015 11:46 AM

Feb 2015
The comedy in this show is awful. That love confession was stupid. Bad episode all around.
Jul 18, 2015 11:52 AM

Aug 2012
Pretty average episode, hard to feel anything at the end when it was so rushed and Key's basically done this before. At least it was somewhat toned down I guess. And it does well to establish Yusa and Misa(moreso Misa though, so obviously she'll be sticking around)Again, I do like the implications for future feels set up by Yusa's power, so I'll forgive this episode as I think things will start really moving once all the MC's have an established dynamic.
Jul 18, 2015 11:53 AM

Aug 2013
The nanodesu was strong at the end. Please, keep going strong, don't fade away, Key-style...

This show keep going strong. They added a bit of extra drama today, but it was solved in a cute way. It's sad, but if one keep chasing the dead, he'll never be happy like she said.

Misa had the most perfect power so far, as she can light and stop fire to her will. That's actually really useful.

Nao sly nature crack me up. Her ''fight'' with Misa was hilarious. They look like two delinquents x)

Mod Edit/Note: Derail removed.
rodacJul 18, 2015 12:10 PM
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Jul 18, 2015 11:58 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Yuu_vi_Britannia said:
Poor thing. ''Nao has not done anything wrong.''
again we have a repeat Aldnoah.Zero
Incredible because the fans of Nao are mostly the same fans of Slaine.
And here we have a case of what is ever so popular on MAL forums

"Blatant Hatred"

You can hate Nao all you want, but the fact of the matter is, the guy was getting in the way and ever since he found out about who this girl was he kept on fangasming and that can get really annoying....Especially for the reasons that I stated earlier which sir you seem to be intentionally and foolishly disregarding

Personally, I found his fangasms to be hilarious but given that specific situation, she had every right to hit him to be quite frank

Mod edit: Quote tower edited.
rodacJul 18, 2015 12:17 PM
Jul 18, 2015 12:03 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Yeah, her trying to get shit done (Serious shit at that) and have a zero bullshit tolerance is THAT bad

Mod note: burgeoning quote tower removed.
rodacJul 18, 2015 12:13 PM
Jul 18, 2015 12:21 PM

Jul 2010
The cafeteria should just make an exception and reserve some food for Joujirou, poor guy and it could save the school from any possible consequences too.

The clash of Misa and Nao were enjoyable. How they handled the producer was pretty cool, though. The 2 friends of Misa are quite something to help her to this point.

The goodbye between Misa and her friends were great too, fairly emotional despite only being told in one episode. I think this would be fairly enjoyable if these stories aren't too repetitive.

Now for Ayumi's potential powers... since she likes the stars, perhaps the ability to see the future for a bit. What makes each power imperfect can be interesting.
Jul 18, 2015 12:21 PM

Jan 2015
Thought Yusarin's introduction would be much better well made. I was so excited for her appearance, but how she got introduced was very poorly made, was expecting more from the creator of Angel Beats. Nonetheless Yusarin would be my favorite in Charlotte.
Jul 18, 2015 12:23 PM

Jan 2010
Yuu_vi_Britannia said:
Because I can see exactly where they’re going with her character. We’re supposed to excuse her behavior because of her dark sordid evil science past. She’s going to act like a complete bastard for the entire show using her sob story as a shield. Its boring and irritating.

I don't see it as that way. Nobody is excusing her behavior, but Joujirou was really interrupting them and it's mostly for comic relief. If you don't feel it's funny, that's fine, but Nao is not perfect and no one in the show is. Besides, she doesn't kick for "tsundere" reasons or anything like that, that would be annoying, imo, she only kicked him to make him stop fanboying and let them do their job (which IS important). If she was being a bastard, then Joujirou was being annoying as well, so yeah.

Anyway, really good episode. I had a good feeling about Yusa may be a really great character and I loved her and Misa. The only one I still can't like in this show is Ayumi, although I don't exactly dislike her either, she is just uninteresting compared to the rest of the cast.
Jul 18, 2015 12:24 PM

Jan 2011
Clearly Misa is best girl in this, it's a pity she's dead. And I can see the Yuu x Yuusa/Misa ship making preparations to sail...
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Jul 18, 2015 12:28 PM
Jun 2014
another below par episode but the highlight has to be when Nao got punched in the face. i felt like she really deserved it.
Jul 18, 2015 12:29 PM

Apr 2014
My thoughts for this Episode:

So this will had same routine every episode like a curry in breakfast and as lunch,
Joujirou in a rampage and the "helper" guy shows where the next target with special ability is?
Well at least the "targets" they searching/looking had a interesting way to find them and had wonderful a story every episode.
Now I can't really wait for the next weeks episode!
Haters always gonna hate.
Jul 18, 2015 12:35 PM

Apr 2012
Key's humor has been refined so much XD

When will we see some of Jun's traumatic formula?
Jul 18, 2015 12:42 PM

Oct 2014
LOL, his little sis is going full perv mode for 'yusarin'
Also, Misa, Why u go?
Jul 18, 2015 12:48 PM

Jan 2015
nothing much to say but I'm happy with this episode.

Nao Tomori is so cute. :3
Jul 18, 2015 12:58 PM

Sep 2013
Someone post the Nao getting backhanded punched gig :)

Okay episode, poor guys lost their friend :'(
Jul 18, 2015 12:59 PM

Jul 2014
That scene where Nao & Co. managed to spook Yusa's producer using each of their individual abilities really showed off the synergy these people have together, and I was quite impressed. I know this is primarily a drama but I hope we see more action-ish scenes like those. That said this was a nice episode.
Why do people have such bad taste? Anime isn't subjective anymore.
Jul 18, 2015 1:03 PM

Nov 2013
I'm so butthurt right now. I even defended this piece of crap before. On-hold until it finishes, I can't handle weekly cycles of disappointment.
Jul 18, 2015 1:06 PM

Mar 2015
The comedy is really unfunny in this and nothing really stands out.
Nao worst girl.
Jul 18, 2015 1:12 PM

Oct 2007
Yuu_vi_Britannia said:

MAL Also has the most famous and fanatical fanboys the West.
leaves the passion for his favorite character, speaking higher than reason.
massive fanwank where fanboys come to totally rewrite anime, starting from their point of view, personal taste and desires.
seem to be watching a completely different anime.
What happened in Aldnoah.Zero was absurd, fanaticism and exaggerated fanwank seemed crazy thing.

It's funny cause it's true. Most places are pretty bad for this nowadays though, not just MAL. That said this is actually one of the more vetted KEY titles I've seen pretty much ever, though it's been 5 years since Angel Beats and like close to 8 since they've been separated from Kyoani and it's own hardcore fan element so not terribly surprising. A lots changed in just those 5 years.
PeacingOutJul 18, 2015 1:26 PM
Jul 18, 2015 1:16 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Yuu_vi_Britannia said:
Mod Edit: Unnecessary quote tower removed.

Tokoya said:
Yeah, her trying to get shit done (Serious shit at that) and have a zero bullshit tolerance is THAT bad

we also have the passionate fanatics famboys typical of MAL.
With their justifications and defenses that contradizam the anime.
Greatest examples slainefag and naofag.
Leaving the stand passion over reason.
Let's have that pile of fanwank again in future episodes.
Same excuses and justifications.

If you want I post comments between the two anime.
Where the same phrases and excuses and justificatifas were used.
And you will see that the only diverença was the exchange of name of anime.

Yes because now we have another Taiga and Louise.
They added the same content the ''Manga''.
Ie now that Yusa entered the school, and participates in the student council.
Megane-kun will always act like a lovesick idiot when she's around her.
And whenever Megane-kun enter this mode, Nao will kick him.
Ie until the end of the anime, we will have 2 or 3 scenes per episode, where Nao kick Megane-kun.
This is not an isolated episode, it had become an integrated part of the anime.

MAL Also has the most famous and fanatical fanboys the West.
leaves the passion for his favorite character, speaking higher than reason.
massive fanwank where fanboys come to totally rewrite anime, starting from their point of view, personal taste and desires.
seem to be watching a completely different anime.
What happened in Aldnoah.Zero was absurd, fanaticism and exaggerated fanwank seemed crazy thing.
Lol, you'd have a better argument calling me a fanboy of Yuu (And now Misa/Yusa) rather than Nao.....At first I thought that she was just a huge bitch but after episode 2 and episode 3 it's really hard to not understand where she's coming from and why she acts like the way she does...Besides, her personality isn't bad at all either tbh

I like how you're trying to justify your obvious hate though....Not gonna waste my time trying to get you to stop hating and actually listen to logic once in a while instead of spouting your pathetic hatred of other fandoms that are completely unrelated to this series
Jul 18, 2015 1:18 PM

Jan 2014
Yuu_vi_Britannia said:
Tokoya said:
I'm guessing you missed the part where they were trying to find out information/get shit done yet the dude was having an orgasm/interrupting the entire process over the revelation that his dream girl is within reach

Her reacting that way to him is completely justified -_-

Poor thing. ''Nao has not done anything wrong.''
again we have a repeat Aldnoah.Zero
Incredible because the fans of Nao are mostly the same fans of Slaine.

Imma one fanboy of Slaine here.
They aren't the same case 2 compare to.
Megane-kun deserved the punches for going full-retard,while Slaine iwas the punchbag of the brainless scripters.

OTOH what's the rush with the confession scene??!!
Such awkward I was convincing this is some anime from A1 but not PA.
Seriously they can do much better.
You will soon learn that a heart that choose to exist, even in a life filled with pain, will one day allow us to meet again.
With the world's blessings, we will meet again and again, forever returning to the homeworld we've yet to see.
Many, many times.

Jul 18, 2015 1:24 PM

Apr 2012
It's just an irrelevant character making a confession to a dead girl. I don't understand what the complaint is about. It's over and done with, and you probably won't see him ever again. What does it mean "it was rushed". It's just a irrelevant subplot, backstory.

Jul 18, 2015 1:24 PM

Nov 2014
The best part of this episode was when Nao got punched in the face. Everything else was uninteresting/boring, and I swear I've seen that comedy before(like most of the stuff in this Anime so far).
2/5... again.
Pages (7) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Charlotte Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 29, 2015

654 by SanessyAdversary »»
Sep 22, 8:09 AM

Poll: » Charlotte Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 22, 2015

463 by SanessyAdversary »»
Sep 22, 5:41 AM

Poll: » Charlotte Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 15, 2015

866 by SanessyAdversary »»
Sep 22, 3:50 AM

Poll: » Charlotte Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 8, 2015

604 by SanessyAdversary »»
Sep 22, 2:22 AM

Poll: » Charlotte Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 1, 2015

356 by SanessyAdversary »»
Sep 18, 1:52 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.