Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jan 17, 2015 10:37 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Cool episode. Kise's team takes the court and I liked the back and forth between the two rival teams. I think he did fine individually against Fukuda although Haizaki is even more impressive when with his plays. The way he disrupts his opponent's strategies is almost flawless imo.

The match had a great momentum and imo and was well adapted on most parts.
Jan 17, 2015 10:44 AM

Nov 2007
A bit of flashback before the match. It shows that the new guy is disrespectful to sempai, and not being cooperative with the team, he can steal others' skills and original users cannot use anymore. Other players in his team have skills, too. They are pressing Kimura-san's character's team, though fairly strong themselves, with his sharp eyes and quick solution.

Kimura-san's character still cannot defeat the new guy, like it was shown in another flashback (not only on the match, but also his girl). He doesn't give up, though.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Jan 17, 2015 11:33 AM

Apr 2014
I really hate Haizaki right now.

Also Teiko flashbacks.
Jan 17, 2015 12:31 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Scumbag Haizaki is scum

Some things in this episode felt like it was original but regardless it was still great and flowed very well

Regardless its still being adapted pretty well, twas a great episode yet again

Next week is what I've been waiting for ever since in started reading the manga after S2 ended :D
Jan 17, 2015 12:32 PM
Oct 2014
I really like the "new" animation c: and i love teiko flashbacks :>
Jan 17, 2015 12:35 PM

Feb 2012
I love teiko flashbacks SO MUCH. I really have a soft spot for GoM :') And also I really hate that Haizaki guy, beating his own teammates up nah son... I hope Kise and Kaijo beat his ass up. I love Kiseeeeeeee

because the weather was good enough
i loved every moment of it.
Jan 17, 2015 12:40 PM

Jul 2010
Haizaki's special move not only copies but impacts the person that had the move.

The way he treats his senpai and intercepts that pass is pretty disgusting. Quite the girlfriend to react like that after seeing her boyfriend being defeated >.>

Can't wait till Kise puts a stop to Haizaki's arrogant attitude.Looking forward to next episode, the match was pretty nice to see.
Jan 17, 2015 12:43 PM

May 2010
look forward to next weeks episode..its going to be sick!
Jan 17, 2015 12:45 PM

Jun 2014
I am confused. Haizaki from the Teiko days looks like Kise with grey hair. Then after getting kicked off the team, beating up people, getting girls, he decided to dye it black and have a complete make over?

Jan 17, 2015 12:49 PM

May 2010
zat-bust said:
I am confused. Haizaki from the Teiko days looks like Kise with grey hair. Then after getting kicked off the team, beating up people, getting girls, he became black with braids?

you could say he looks like a completely different person but his bad attitude remained the same. he must have dyed his hair back in teiko days.
Jan 17, 2015 12:52 PM

May 2011
Dang, Haizaki whooped Kise and stole his girl.

I'm really enjoying this arc. Haizaki makes an interesting villain.
Jan 17, 2015 1:00 PM

Nov 2012
What a bullshit it is stealing someone's move, but I guess it's KnB we're talking about.
It's good to have flashbacks with Teiko.
Jan 17, 2015 1:14 PM

Feb 2011
Shaikan said:
What a bullshit it is stealing someone's move, but I guess it's KnB we're talking about.

What a bullshit it is that after 50 episodes in people are still complaining about what they're watching in these forums.
Jan 17, 2015 1:21 PM
Aug 2011
Kerozinn said:
look forward to next weeks episode..its going to be sick!

same here *___*
Jan 17, 2015 1:33 PM
Jun 2014
I love KnB so much!!! <33
Great episode! Animation is amazing as always!
Haizaki is a total douche.
I felt bad for Kise in that flashback,
He lost and his girl was taken away from him.
Only shows that the girl definently doesn't deserve Kise's love *^*
Can't wait for next week!!! Go Ryouta go!
You can do it Kaijo!
Jan 17, 2015 1:33 PM

Jan 2013
Does Kise never catch a break? He loses and on top of that get's NTR'd. Poor Kise.
-Nothing can stay unchanged. Even so, can you still keep on loving this place?

-Be still my soul; when change and tears are past, all safe and blessed we shall meet at last.
Jan 17, 2015 1:36 PM

Nov 2007
I sincerely love Kaijo and i wish they were the main team.
Jan 17, 2015 1:41 PM
Nov 2013
Epic game begins!

Kaijo is not looking too good even though they looked like they had the upper hand in the beginning. Haizaki went from an emo looking kid to R Kelly lmao. Hopefully Kise wipes the floor with him in the next episode.
Jan 17, 2015 1:42 PM

May 2013
Damn he stole Kise's girlfriend. Haizaki's an ass. Hopefully Kise can recover from this.
Jan 17, 2015 1:49 PM

Dec 2014
i just love this show

its so exciting and enjoyable too
Jan 17, 2015 1:59 PM

Jun 2014
episode was so good

haizaki skill OMG didn't see that coming

the KnB hype is real

p.s doesn't fukuda captain look like Kiyoshi Teppei?
All credit goes to Sacred.
Jan 17, 2015 2:01 PM

Jul 2014
Crazyyyy. Haizaki is super good.
Jan 17, 2015 2:02 PM

Nov 2012
It feels like it's been forever since I last saw Kaijo's playing animated. Easily one of my favorite teams.
Jan 17, 2015 2:16 PM

Jan 2012
Aaaaw noo Kaijo can't lose :(
And I really how that guy keeps licking him finger... is it supposed to be cool? ><

Anyway cool episode :) Love the intensity :D aah sport anime
Jan 17, 2015 2:19 PM

Jul 2014
Respect your senpais, Haizaki-kun!
Jan 17, 2015 2:23 PM

Mar 2012
Haizaki is quite an asshole. Though I expected this whole match to be adapted in one episode, I think the pacing was good as is. It makes more sense to actually split it so that one episode displays Haizaki's dominance while the following episode is likely set for Kise to let loose!

It's Kise TIME!!! Can't wait for next week! ^^
Jan 17, 2015 2:33 PM

Nov 2012
HAIZAKI MY BOY!
GOOD JOB!, ALPHA-FUCK, COCKY, BADASS, ARROGANT, STRONG, MANLY AND NTR-KING
YOU ARE GOD!
IF YOU LIKE DEATH PARADE, GO WATCH BARTENDER!!!
my animesongs chord thread : here bro
Jan 17, 2015 2:46 PM

Nov 2013
Hmm i don't remember what happened in the manga but i guess Kaijo will probably win this game. Poor Kise :(

Jan 17, 2015 3:00 PM

May 2013
Kasamatsu got skill and the animation looked sweet when he played Haizaki. Kaijo is such a loveable team and rooting for them comes natural unlike Seirin matches. I'm still waiting for my boy Kise to show some new moves but it looks like I have to wait another week sigh.
''We don't know what kind of people we truly are until the moment before our deaths. As death comes to embrace you, you will realise what you are. That's what death is, don't you think?'' - Uchiha Itachi
Jan 17, 2015 3:15 PM

Dec 2008
Great episode!!! Can't wait for next week
Lol the way Haizaki kept licking his finger though . . .
Also, I don't think I'll ever get tired of seeing the adorable baby Kuroko at the ending song <3
Jan 17, 2015 3:24 PM

Sep 2011
That line about imitation... feels like I'm watching Archer vs Gilgamesh.

Jan 17, 2015 3:25 PM

Oct 2013
Kise needs to get in the zone
Jan 17, 2015 3:40 PM

Jul 2012
Good episode. Haizaki steals the moves of other players while those players can't use their own moves anymore GG, sure overpowered :)
Tom's Hardware graphics veteran++ (Legacy)
i7 6700K@4.0 GHz, ASUS Z170 PRO GAMING, RTX 2080, G. Skill RipJaws V 3200MHz 16GB,
Noctua NH-D15, CorsairRM 850x, Win10x64, 1920x1080

MyAnimeList!
Jan 17, 2015 3:50 PM

Apr 2013
The match had been quite interesting, but what happened in the last scene? They showed the first quarter ending, then the flashback and suddenly Kise is on the floor. Did they skip something or what?
5 main aspects I base my ratings on:
1. Did DramaEnthusiast make a thread about it?
2. Is it better than Breaking Bad?
3. Did MellowJello recommend the shit out of it?
4. Has it caused a (very entertaining) shitstorm on MAL?
5. Is it actually good?

Scratch the fifth point, it's not very relevant...
Jan 17, 2015 3:58 PM

Jul 2014
The animation looks so smooth this time around, and Haizaki's thumb licking is just as annoying as I expected it to be.

geralt said:
The match had been quite interesting, but what happened in the last scene? They showed the first quarter ending, then the flashback and suddenly Kise is on the floor. Did they skip something or what?
Yeah, it was Kise's flashback, so they'll probably show what happened prior to it in the next episode.
Jan 17, 2015 4:01 PM

Mar 2012
Super weird 3 point shooting form from Kaijou's shooter o_O
Jan 17, 2015 4:13 PM

Oct 2014
The music is better this season. Pretty sure Haizaki's going to lose even though he's basically an upgraded version of Kise. Also, the girlfriend part was pretty harsh, definetely waifu material right there.
Jan 17, 2015 4:15 PM

Mar 2012
I only noticed now that this season's ending it's pretty cute with Kuroko baby version :3
Jan 17, 2015 4:20 PM

May 2013
I'm loving the soundtrack. The episode was great too! Hopefully Kise doesn't go down this easily...
Jan 17, 2015 4:28 PM

Aug 2014
I can't believe that Kise and the others can't play like their way...?! They're stuck on the grown... Kise's past was incredible too!
Maloween 2017
Main Candies
Jan 17, 2015 4:35 PM

Sep 2008
See KnB, see? You can make me hate antagonist, love protagonist and be all excited and happy I am watching you.

Now, if there wasn't for that one minute long kicking, choking, borderline murder attempt last episode this would be freaking awesome.
Hell, it's still awesome. A worthy opponent, incredibly skilled and uses "morale" to crush opponents. He throws them off their rhytm and plays clean game without punching, kicking or otherwise illegal play.

So stick to that please. Thank youuuuuu.

This is a great start for 3rd season.
Jan 17, 2015 5:07 PM

May 2014
Kise in the "zone" pls.
Jan 17, 2015 5:10 PM

May 2012
Pretty good episode. I want to see Kise in the zone.
Jan 17, 2015 5:32 PM

Jul 2013
It was an okay episode. If there's one thing I hate about KnB, it's the awfully slow pacing. Hopefully this doesn't drag on for too long.
Jan 17, 2015 5:54 PM

May 2011
It was nice to see other Kaijo members specialties describe verbally as well as shown in a bit more detail. Like Kasamatsu's dribbling or Moriyama's 3 point shoot or Hayakawa's rebound.

And I felt like entering inside the screen and kicking Haizaki when he slapped his senpai's head in the first half. He should just die quickly!!!

And somehow seeing that Kise had a girlfriend made me depressed :( Now I understand why in shoujo anime/manga they show the a group of girls never confessing to the most popular guy >.< and keep saying that the person belongs to eveyone.

Hope Kise beats the crap out of him in next week's ep.
Tch waiting a week is too painful T_T
Jan 17, 2015 6:02 PM

Dec 2012
Great episode. Awesome to see some basketball plays.
Kaijo having a tough time against Fukada.
Haizaki is such an ass. No respect for his team at all.
The ability to steal moves from others and prevent them from using it.
Loving the OP and ED song. They are so good.
Kise not about to give up in the next episode.
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

Jan 17, 2015 6:46 PM

Aug 2014
Shogo maybe winning know, but watch when Kise finally get 's serious yall going to know the mother fucking meaning of "PERFECT COPY". this will come to past in the future episode's that's all i have to say.
https://twitter.com/LightningDash02
OTPs || MyAnimeList || MyMangaList || Favorite Guys || Favorite Girls || Favorite Anime

~LightningXDash02
Jan 17, 2015 6:48 PM

Oct 2013
geralt said:

Well, right before the flashback, Kise was all "I'm definetely not gonna lose to him", and after the flashback, it's clear that Haizaki has beaten Kise 1on1 so far, so THAT's what happened. Whether or not it will be shown next episode is something we'll have to wait and see since they've deviated quite a bit from the manga.

Ophis said:
It was an okay episode. If there's one thing I hate about KnB, it's the awfully slow pacing. Hopefully this doesn't drag on for too long.

They adapted 1.5 chapters this week, and they stopped at a good time for a cliffhanger. This is Anime Original Content DONE RIGHT. Perhaps a bit slow, but I don't mind. Last season, they adapted like 5 chapters to 1 episode at times. I much prefer this.

VanishingKira said:
Hope they finish this match quickly/don't drag it out since it wasn't of much importance iirc.

... everything is important...

-Hatsu- said:
Shaikan said:

What a bullshit it is that after 50 episodes in people are still complaining about what they're watching in these forums.

+1

luhean said:
I really like those flashbacks! Hopefully we'll get a lot more. Intense episode though, I really like the animation.

Trust me, there's a loooot more.

Awesome episode! There were tons of things I liked:
- FABULOUS Animation!
- Awesome NEW soundtrack! It just feels like KnB!
- EXTREMELY WELL DONE ANIME ORIGINAL CONTENT! I was so scared when I saw things I didn't remember from the manga in this episode, but I can't find any fault in how they've chosen to change things up a bit. I'm actually happy to see new stuff which is pretty much the same as old stuff but notrly... just read the manga and you'll know what I'm talkin about lol.
- AWESOME PARALLEL at the end! So glad they included that!
- Cliffhanger Ending which is a result of the slower adaptation and AO stuffs
- Basically the whole episode lel

I can't believe I fell asleep after staying up till 6 in the morning to watch this... lol just had to get my thoughts out there.
"There's no shame in falling down... true shame is to not stand up again!"

"Aah? Of course I won't miss!"

"My blood tastes like Iron."

"Run through the tape in life! Never give up! Run through the tape!"
Jan 17, 2015 6:57 PM

May 2010
I didn't know that Akashi hadn't had heterochromia back in Teiko days o_o Biggest surprise of the entire episode.

I don't really like that arc, I prefer cool guys playing against each other, instead of asses like Haizaki or Hanamiya, huuh. I can guess that Haizaki skill is decreasing opponents' morals by copying and improving their special moves, or something like that... Hopefully we can get over with it quickly.
Jan 17, 2015 7:10 PM

Oct 2011
Kitsu-nee said:
I didn't know that Akashi hadn't had heterochromia back in Teiko days o_o Biggest surprise of the entire episode.

I don't really like that arc, I prefer cool guys playing against each other, instead of asses like Haizaki or Hanamiya, huuh. I can guess that Haizaki skill is decreasing opponents' morals by copying and improving their special moves, or something like that... Hopefully we can get over with it quickly.

He copies their moves and slightly tweaks it to suit himself. When Kaijo's players see this, their own rhythm and timing when executing their move is off, resulting in missed shots.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kuroko no Basket 3rd Season Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Jun 30, 2015

287 by NillyPC »»
Sep 17, 8:59 AM

Poll: » Kuroko no Basket 3rd Season Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 20, 2015

227 by NillyPC »»
Sep 17, 8:29 AM

Poll: » Kuroko no Basket 3rd Season Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 13, 2015

153 by NillyPC »»
Sep 17, 7:46 AM

Poll: » Kuroko no Basket 3rd Season Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 6, 2015

136 by NillyPC »»
Sep 17, 6:40 AM

Poll: » Kuroko no Basket 3rd Season Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 30, 2015

85 by NillyPC »»
Sep 17, 5:46 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.