Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Nov 19, 2014 8:29 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Welp, a familiar face shows up this episode. Is that Shin?

The present competition is pretty intense so I was wondering how well Toru and Akari would do against some of the others but I think they're doing fine. It's also nice to see Francesca dressed in her battle outfit too.
Nov 19, 2014 11:08 AM

Jan 2012
Well the 3rd Black Chaika might be the one pulling the strings behind all of this. I suspect things won't go as she'd hoped if she wants to see the other Chaikas fight each other though. Aside from that more setup this week which seems kinda odd with only 3 episodes left now, but we'll see how it goes I guess.
Nov 19, 2014 11:33 AM

Jun 2012
Chaika.... overload.... brain shutting..... downnnnnn............
Nov 19, 2014 11:33 AM

Oct 2009
Only 3 episodes and the plot deepens...I want more Chaika!
Nov 19, 2014 11:48 AM

Aug 2012
Toru will surely make the contract by the end of this, she just keeps on pestering him so it has to happen. All signs are pointing towards war(which happens to suit half of our characters just fine), how the hell is this going to end?
Nov 19, 2014 11:58 AM

Aug 2010
This season just keeps getting better :3 Nice fight against Shin.

Dat Gaz smile while he was dead! Creepy as hell O_O. WTH does he have in store for the future? I have a feeling his conscious is not dead.

Didn't expect the Black Chaika's to change the way everyone looks at Hartugen this much. And that doesn't seem like Blue Chaika. A new third black Chaika? And seems to know more than ur usual Chaika.

Loved the tourney scenes. Toru and Chaika's teamwork was nice. And Akari+(non loli)Fredrica was fun to watch too :3
Nov 19, 2014 11:59 AM

Oct 2014
whoa, whoa, whoa, This anime is got to be kidding me, there is another Chaika who is in control of Hartgen?
Nov 19, 2014 12:15 PM

Dec 2011
Wow. Black Chaika is hot. She does not pale in comparison to Blue.

The plot thickens. I can't wait to see an all out saboteur battle between Shin and Tooru.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 19, 2014 12:33 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Might there be a third season? I don't get the feeling we're 3 episodes from the end of this. Unless Black Chaika is final boss? In any case, it seems there will be a battle between armies foing on besides the battle royale tournament we have going on.

Big Fredrica is quite the fighter. And quite a looker too I might add.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Nov 19, 2014 12:59 PM

Nov 2012
what the hell is the deal with Guy, who is he really working for......
Another Chaika, I already lost the count of how many there are.....
Nov 19, 2014 1:21 PM

Mar 2012
Ok i think i can finally put the pieces together although this is just speculation so it subject to change.

The Black chaika must be the real Chaika and she was the one pulling the strings all along. i mean to support this. she looks older, much more mature and more devilish just like her father. Also everybody keeps mentioning how Hartgen was the one who beheaded her and yet nobody mentioned having seeing him beheading her. i think they are conspiring together to start another war.

The real plan was to use Niva as the ultimate weapon that would cause a devastating first strike against the whole continent. Also the remains of the emperor were gathered in order for them to be used as magic fuel to power each of the flying fortresses that are said to have been hidden by Gaz over a hundred years ago, just like how his leg powered the flying fortress used by the blue Chaika in the first season. Also if u pay attention closely to the blue prints of the fortress and compared them to Hartgen castle they have similar features and i think thats were they are.

The tournemnt he has been hosting is just like what everybody is saying is to gether the most brutal warriors in order to gain the ultimate battle hungry army.

and lastly i think Guy is actually Gaz in some sort of Spirit form or other and has been also behind all of this working with his daughter and Hartgen in order to start the war again, only this time he would be more powerfull than before.
-ShadowClaw-Nov 19, 2014 1:25 PM
Nov 19, 2014 1:28 PM

Jul 2014
Still not enough Chaika, we need 5 more at least.
Nov 19, 2014 1:29 PM

Feb 2014
Chaikas everywhere...
Nov 19, 2014 1:39 PM

Sep 2012
Too much Chaikas.
Also
I wonder how Chaika avoided from getting caught since she used probing magic too.
Oh god who are you people?
Nov 19, 2014 1:40 PM

Jul 2010
Shin being able to beat Tooru and Akari like that! Didn't expect traps to be there though.

Fredrica in that form again ^^

Hartgen wanting war and all the others wanting war also. Still, the biggest hero turning into the "biggest villain". Looking forward on whether he can start it or not.

A third black Chaika that is planing a lot of things!

Capturing the Chaika and making them fight each other :/ The black Chaika is evil!
Nov 19, 2014 1:41 PM

Feb 2012
Wow Chaika's are everywhere, even in my dreams
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 19, 2014 1:51 PM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
The short fight with Shin was pretty awesome, even though Toru and Akari didn't have much of a chance.

Guy is so suspicious! I want to think he's working under Hartgen, but not really at the same time as he seems to have his own motive too.

Ah, there's a 3rd black Chaika who is Onee-sama to the twin Chaika. Why all mean minded Chaikas are hot? ;9

Knight Frederica was awesome! I wanted see her at offense more though. Well, Akari actions are never bad either.

White Chaika and Toru's teamwork has improved quite a lot. Nice seeing how strong resolve to end this crisis with Toru.

Good episode. A war is imminent, but hopefully it won't break out.

Nov 19, 2014 2:27 PM
Jul 2018
Fiji said:

But Vivi-Chaika is the best one.
Nov 19, 2014 2:39 PM

Dec 2010
It seems like every thing is in place for a pretty epic finale!

Plus, we get another Black Chaika! I wonder what her role in these events will be?

Another great episode!
Nov 19, 2014 2:45 PM
Jul 2018
By the way,three episodes seem to be too few to wrap it up properly.
Nov 19, 2014 2:53 PM

Sep 2013
Either things are going to be frantic in the next 3 episodes or the OVA will have the true finale.
It's a lot of fun to watch Toru and the rest kick some ass, they're usually up against heroes which makes them look rather weak in comparison.
Nov 19, 2014 2:56 PM

Aug 2013
Akari is the best girl in the story, their speech and expressions are amazing, shame that she appears little
Several Chaikas reunited, I want to see how this mystery ends ..
Nov 19, 2014 3:11 PM

Mar 2009
A third black Chaika?!

Chaikas. Chaikas everywhere!
Nov 19, 2014 3:28 PM

Nov 2013
Aww, only 3 episodes left. Hope they will continue the story in the future.
Nov 19, 2014 3:31 PM

Jul 2013
AlexTheRiot said:
Toru will surely make the contract by the end of this, she just keeps on pestering him so it has to happen. All signs are pointing towards war(which happens to suit half of our characters just fine), how the hell is this going to end?

Excellent question..
DejWoSWK said:
True. Wish there were more episodes to this >.<
Another black Chaika o____o
Shaniyaz said:

Ah, there's a 3rd black Chaika who is Onee-sama to the twin Chaika. Why all mean minded Chaikas are hot? ;9
Lol.. wondering why myself.

So many Chaikas. CHAIKAS EVERYWHERE.
Okashi_sama said:
Still not enough Chaika, we need 5 more at least.

Can never have enough Chaika
Nov 19, 2014 4:20 PM

Oct 2014
It was nice to see Frederica in the form of Dominica again. It's been a while since we've seen her like that. Things are brewing up, and I am pretty excited to see how this is going to turn out. We only have three episodes left. I'm curious to see what they're going to wrap-up within that time.
Nov 19, 2014 5:07 PM
Jul 2018
The tournament scene was pretty good.

There is a third black Chaika who is big sister to the twin Chaikas.

Knight Frederica looks awesome.
Nov 19, 2014 6:35 PM

Jun 2014
only 3 episodes left.... I AM NOT OKAY WITH THIS.
I really can't wait to see how this all plays out. Who's REALLY pulling all the strings here. Does White Chaika have any free will at all or is she still following some preset instructions?
Be sure to message me if you quoted me and want me to respond! Just give me a link to the forum, because usually I leave my comment, then leave the forum.
Nov 19, 2014 9:20 PM

Oct 2013
-ShadowClaw- said:
Ok i think i can finally put the pieces together although this is just speculation so it subject to change.

The Black chaika must be the real Chaika and she was the one pulling the strings all along. i mean to support this. she looks older, much more mature and more devilish just like her father. Also everybody keeps mentioning how Hartgen was the one who beheaded her and yet nobody mentioned having seeing him beheading her. i think they are conspiring together to start another war.

The real plan was to use Niva as the ultimate weapon that would cause a devastating first strike against the whole continent. Also the remains of the emperor were gathered in order for them to be used as magic fuel to power each of the flying fortresses that are said to have been hidden by Gaz over a hundred years ago, just like how his leg powered the flying fortress used by the blue Chaika in the first season. Also if u pay attention closely to the blue prints of the fortress and compared them to Hartgen castle they have similar features and i think thats were they are.

The tournemnt he has been hosting is just like what everybody is saying is to gether the most brutal warriors in order to gain the ultimate battle hungry army.

and lastly i think Guy is actually Gaz in some sort of Spirit form or other and has been also behind all of this working with his daughter and Hartgen in order to start the war again, only this time he would be more powerfull than before.

Well said! To add to that,I'm also very curious what Tooru's thoughts are on Hartgen's idea to start a war again since it's basically what he wanted to begin with. I'd love to hear a conversation between the two.

Anyway,I honestly think they can and SHOULD wrap it up in 3 eps since this whole tournament arc is great and will probably be as exciting as the show get's. King Hartgen,someone has the same desires that one of our protagonist initially had(and might still have) make's for a great final antagonist,along with the Black Chaikas. It could've probably used 12 or 13 episodes but another season would be dragging it out for two long.
ManlyTearNov 19, 2014 9:24 PM
Nov 19, 2014 9:23 PM

Aug 2013
6 chaikas all near each other...SHOCKING TRUTH!

Climax is reaching. I really don't see how this is going to conclude in 3 episodes.

I believe that most of the LN material has been appropriately covered already.
At the same time, I heard that the LN is ending soon and that Chaika is basically pulling a Golden Time and ending around the same time.

Possibly OVAs? Or 1 movie? But from my understanding I don't think there is enough material to have a full third season.
Nov 19, 2014 9:44 PM

Aug 2013
I'm actually kind of disappointed the Black Chaikas and Vivi-Chaika doesn't do Chaika-speak. Six Chaikas meeting and all talking in Chaika-speak? That would have been so awesome.
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Nov 19, 2014 10:15 PM
Nov 2013
Wow, not even Toru and Akari have a chance against Shin.

Even more Chaikas introduced, and delicous ones at that. The plot thickens with their introduction. Anyone else want Fredrica and Toru to form a contract already?

But how are they going to end this in 3 more episodes? Hopefully there's a movie or somethig to extend it, I don't want this series to end yet.
Nov 19, 2014 10:28 PM

Jun 2013
omg even less cute fredrica is cute. Nice rock smash Toru
Nov 19, 2014 10:43 PM

Jun 2013
Chaikas. Chaikas everywhere!
Also, Toru, become a dragoon cavalier already!
Nov 20, 2014 1:06 AM

Oct 2011
Chaika Chaika everywhere
Nov 20, 2014 2:06 AM

Oct 2013
i feel like all these chaikas are just gonna morph into like one really big one like what happened at the end of "dude wheres my car"
"Urushibara Ruka. The mannerisms and voice of a woman... No... More feminine than any woman. But he's a guy. Taller than Mayuri, but so very thin... But he's a guy. Looks great in a miko outfit... But he's a guy. It's already twilight And yet, it's so hot. The cicadas are crying. But... He's a guy."
Nov 20, 2014 2:42 AM

May 2013
The Acura siblings meet again. Fight first, talk later I suppose. The Black Chaika looks like the last enemy along with Hartgen. But seriously, they are everywhere. Hartgen desires war? Then they should just give it to him.
Nov 20, 2014 2:43 AM

May 2013
And I'm still waiting for Vivi and Gillette's reunion whether Vivi Chaika will be "awaken" now.

DejWoSWK said:

Yes because even the LN is not yet finished so I hope it doesn't end up with a cliffhanger note.
The world shall know the truth soon.
Nov 20, 2014 4:56 AM

Mar 2012
I will admit even i am finding it a bit hard they are going to complete this in 3 episodes.

IT does kind of feel like maybe they are planning on releasing a movie or a few ovas to complete this. Than again this series for all we know is actually 12 episodes long. the only reason people suspect it is 10 is because on amazon it was listed as 5 volumes. That dose not mean the episode count is only 10. i am just saying.
Nov 20, 2014 8:26 AM

Oct 2014
I'm having a lot of fun with this show, Chaika, Chaika, them Chaikas

Does every single person wants the war to start again, creating such a big problem for such petty reasons. Why don't they just kick their legs up in an island somewhere, I know there are people who don't have jobs because of it but still mass killing soldiers and blood soaking their hands vs just adapt and maybe get a job if they tried. I don't know that sounds more logical
My life is boring cause I'm boring
If you're not at school what can you do, you stare at a screen of bright pixels
Nov 20, 2014 8:56 AM

Dec 2013
I would do anything for a Chaika harem
Stay in yesterday 時を止めて
Nov 20, 2014 9:00 AM
Nov 2014
There are wayyy too many chaikas now...I look forward to the fight between the red and white chaika
Nov 20, 2014 9:21 AM

Sep 2013
Its hard to believe only 3 episodes left. Hope they dont rush anything.
Nov 20, 2014 12:09 PM

Dec 2012
kyonJIE said:

Does every single person wants the war to start again, creating such a big problem for such petty reasons. Why don't they just kick their legs up in an island somewhere, I know there are people who don't have jobs because of it but still mass killing soldiers and blood soaking their hands vs just adapt and maybe get a job if they tried. I don't know that sounds more logical

This concept has been in the story from the first episode, when it was revealed that Toru had been out of work since the end of the war. In my opinion the first season has focused more on this issue, presenting a variety of people (ex. Toru, most of the heroes) who suffered as a result of the war's end but also showing the suffering that war can cause (ex. the battle at the end).

I agree with you, no war is better than war for the reasons you described. Still, it's nice to have a story that presents the issue with more depth than simply saying "war is evil." The reality is that no war is preferable because the cons of war outweigh the pros, not because there are no pros at all.
Nov 20, 2014 6:53 PM

Aug 2014
When will he make a contract with the dragoon. Can't wait man. And more chikas sure not enough we want one in maid costume.
https://twitter.com/LightningDash02
OTPs || MyAnimeList || MyMangaList || Favorite Guys || Favorite Girls || Favorite Anime

~LightningXDash02
Nov 20, 2014 9:47 PM

Apr 2012
DejWoSWK said:
Fiji said:

But Vivi-Chaika is the best one.

This, although white and red are amazing too.
Nov 20, 2014 10:04 PM

Mar 2013
Those black Chaikas looked weak.
Neither looked like a magic user nor a melee fighter.
Nov 20, 2014 10:24 PM

Sep 2014
Great episode and Chaika's are all over the place.
Nov 21, 2014 7:50 AM
Jul 2018
SweetCoconut said:

DejWoSWK said:

Yes because even the LN is not yet finished so I hope it doesn't end up with a cliffhanger note.

But I read somewhere that they plan to end it around the same time,but I do not know whether it is true or not.

So I guess they might skip some material or as you said,cliffhanger ending.
And personally,I would prefer clifhanger ending over overly rushed series conclusion.
Nov 21, 2014 11:51 AM
Jul 2018
Wow too many Chaikas!
Tooru and Chaika make a great team.
It's only 3 episodes untill the end of the show. I really hope they reveal everything. :)
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hitsugi no Chaika: Avenging Battle Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 10, 2014

302 by Garrett_Dark »»
Apr 3, 11:49 PM

Poll: » Hitsugi no Chaika: Avenging Battle Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 5, 2014

95 by Garrett_Dark »»
Apr 3, 6:29 PM

Poll: » Hitsugi no Chaika: Avenging Battle Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 29, 2014

91 by Garrett_Dark »»
Apr 3, 5:56 PM

Poll: » Hitsugi no Chaika: Avenging Battle Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 22, 2014

80 by Garrett_Dark »»
Apr 3, 4:43 PM

Poll: » Hitsugi no Chaika: Avenging Battle Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 15, 2014

86 by Garrett_Dark »»
Apr 3, 3:32 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.