Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Sep 30, 2014 8:56 AM

Nov 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
The enemy (already old from waiting for 70 years) starts to attack Aoba and another member of her ex-team who considers her traitor starts to attack her. Though they already made a new system to prevent jamming of coupling. Wow, they are able to coupling 3 (though it's not really "coupling" anymore)!

Then Inserted song that announced prior aired. So that's the reason. Hina's whole memory... So Hina's lab partner was Aoba, experienced Aoba's experience by meeting Dio when she first time traveled. After many loop, she was able to be back, but that guy continued the loop because of his pride and ego.

Destroy of the world activated by that old guy. Aoba and Dio to the past? Or instead, Aoba went alone. During the ending, both enemies are now partners. Wedding at Dio's time, and Hanazawa-san's character got the bouquet. Aoba and Hina met again in university in their time.

Threesome end credit is nice!
tsubasaloverSep 30, 2014 2:08 PM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Sep 30, 2014 8:59 AM

May 2009
That would have been best mecha love story if it was 25 episodes series.
Sep 30, 2014 10:37 AM

Sep 2009
honestly, im glad they didn't drag this out for 2 seasons. it was a nice ending.
Sep 30, 2014 10:55 AM

Sep 2010
Kinda sad this was cut down from split cour to an 2 episode special, but it still somehow worked out.

7/10
RolokoSep 30, 2014 10:58 AM
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
Sep 30, 2014 10:59 AM
Jul 2012
I don't get it, how come they forget each other in the end?
Sep 30, 2014 10:59 AM

Oct 2010
I think it felt rushed too much. Like Bizon's super mech was completed within day(s)?

I would have been happier with a proper second season, but at least the ending was satisfying, more or less.
Sep 30, 2014 11:01 AM

May 2013
That was an okay ending. So the two go back to their own world. They also meet in college, but they don't know each other. Got confused with that.
Sep 30, 2014 11:08 AM
Feb 2010
Two episodes are rushing it, but was still entertained.

I liked the time loop explanation that Aoba and Hina were both from the same time, and that the loop started with Hina experiencing the events of the series then going through the loop so much I gave these episodes an 8/10. So the series was actually Aoba living Hina's experiences. That may explain why her drop off is so weird, Aoba took her spot.

I also liked the epilogue not a lot of series give a feel of solidarity like that.

Also, god bless that hair clip it has been through as many loops as Hina has since Aoba won it at that festival in the original timeline.
iCardsSep 30, 2014 11:11 AM
Sep 30, 2014 11:30 AM

Nov 2011
SOLO COUPLING.

I guess they didn't see that coming. I am only slightly surprised at this since I knew they had to find some way to bypass the regular restrictions of the Coupling System. Overall, a really rushed part 2 since it's only two episodes. Bizon didn't get a bit of characterization in the end and most of the supporting cast are left without background stories either from these two episodes.

The battles were well coordinated I suppose...

But overall, underwhelming. I'm happy for Hina and Aoba though.

Sep 30, 2014 12:36 PM

Jan 2008
So here's my understanding of what happened, from the true beginning, one giant recap (may have names misspelled, but won't be corrected because this show is pretty forgettable):

I still think they could have stretched it out a few more episodes to explain everything above, instead of using cheap flashbacks. Maybe not a full 25, or 12 episodes, but a 6-epsiode OVA series would be better. They could have just animated the flashbacks into full scenes...but I guess they may have wanted to have closure, and all this be over with--something many series don't do, and just die off with a cliffhanger or unanswered questions.

Edit:
Remember the end card for episode 13 with the black-haired, yellow-eyed guy? He's apparently from the Buddy Complex smart phone game for filthy casuals. There's also a blonde pony-tailed girl that looks like his love interest.

So now my question is...was this whole series just a promo for their mobile game? If so, I wouldn't be surprised to see a new pachinko machine next.
Estoy_GordoSep 30, 2014 1:28 PM
Sep 30, 2014 1:04 PM
Nov 2009
2 episodes to wrap up the first season didn't make it enough for imo and it just made everything feel so rushed.

oh well, still okay though. 7/10
Sep 30, 2014 1:05 PM

Feb 2008
Isn't it possible that this Hina went back in her time when she woke up after the first coupling incident with adult version of Aoba and the teen version of Aoba went back to his high school time, then meet the Hina that had yet to have any memories of him? o.o

Sep 30, 2014 1:10 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
I liked this ending but I wish that they had made it into an actual S2 with 12-13 eps

My only disappointment was that I was hoping to see a future Aoba and Hina...I dunno if they ended the loop or if its just going to keep repeating itself

8/10
Sep 30, 2014 1:24 PM
Jan 2013
Whoa, you kidding me, Aoba and Hina were actually part of the 1st coupling experiments?
Sep 30, 2014 1:24 PM
Aug 2012
Well, It was kind of satisfying IMO
I didn't really like that they have rushed a whole sequel in a 2 episode OVA, they could altleast make it longer instead of having a 2/3 Minute flashback and having a Three-Person Coupling out of nowhere which they didn't even mention in the first "Season".
I'm even satisfied with a 3/4 more episodes but yeah it didn't happen so I may not complain about it :P.
Sep 30, 2014 1:31 PM

Apr 2011
First of all, MAL is screwed up and won't let me mark this as Completed, even though the show is finished.

Second, that was ... weird. So when Aoba and Hina were in college, they participated in the first Buddy System experiment, which sends Hina forward in time, only to come back in time to try and protect her future boyfriend while he's in high school (and somehow de-aging at the same time). Another guy goes back with her to try and kill Aoba but gets stranded in the past. Then Hina and Aoba go back to the future, but Hina disappears and winds up in Zogilia ...

Rushed, confusing, and not really very good. 6/10.
Sep 30, 2014 2:14 PM

Dec 2011
I'm sad it ended in only 2 episodes since it probably had more potential it would have been better if it had normal run.

I'm happy for Aoba and Hina :3
"Let justice be done, though the heavens fall."
Sep 30, 2014 2:15 PM
Jan 2014
Talk about all that rushing. The ending felt very anti-climactic.

The whole thing was so clichéd and had tons of plot convinience.

The characters were pretty dull and had almost no characterization.

I'm actually glad this was finally concluded, even if it was on a whim. The initial season was pretty average anyway, so the chances of a better fully-fledged second cour were pretty low. I'll rate this 5/10 as well.
Sep 30, 2014 2:35 PM

Nov 2007
Very rushed but in the end all very well explained and the true story behind Aoba and Hina is actually very good. I did feel sorry for Dio thought, he actually cried :'(
Sep 30, 2014 2:46 PM

Sep 2008
Wait a minute...

So Hina and Aoba meet each other and lose memories,
they will make experiments coupling, they will fail,
she will go to future, they later go to past meet high school Aoba,
take him to future... he will again go all these events...
go back, and over and over again do this?!

Or they will change future?
Sep 30, 2014 2:58 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
@4kicks
Thanks for writing all that out! That's what I understood from the flashbacks and this episode too, so it was nice to have someone else confirm my thoughts.

I'm also wondering if this will be just one giant infinite loop of Aoba and Hina. Hopefully not because that's a sad life to live. Though I guess it wouldn't matter just because they wouldn't remember until the end of the loop and so every time will seem like the first time. Their love story is cute though. But dang in the PV for this, they made it seem so tragic and that Aoba died or something. Dio was only shedding his tears for Aoba because Aoba went back in time. Well wasn't expecting something amazing anyways, it was good, although rushed end.
Sep 30, 2014 3:00 PM
Jul 2018
I never expect to see the solo coupling and coupling of three people.

I see, so Hina and Aoba meet each other in college and lost memories.

The ending was good anyway.
Sep 30, 2014 3:10 PM

Jul 2010
So in the end aoba get back in his time (middle school) and hina go back to adult aoba ? Doesnt that mean Aoba lied when he said he never met hina when bumping her at high school ?

The 2 cour was needed, too bad.
Sep 30, 2014 3:10 PM

Jul 2012
Pretty good, even though it was all put into two episodes.

8/10
Tom's Hardware graphics veteran++ (Legacy)
i7 6700K@4.0 GHz, ASUS Z170 PRO GAMING, RTX 2080, G. Skill RipJaws V 3200MHz 16GB,
Noctua NH-D15, CorsairRM 850x, Win10x64, 1920x1080

MyAnimeList!
Sep 30, 2014 3:40 PM
Aug 2014
I am pretty damn confused LOLOL... so when Aoba and Hina went back to their timeline at the end of the episode, Hina reappeared in the lab with her suit on, but Aoba wasn't, so is it scientist Aoba(didn't experience time travel), or Aoba happen to arrive back earlier than Hina?

derprumeSep 30, 2014 3:55 PM
Sep 30, 2014 3:45 PM
Aug 2014
4kicks said:

You kinda lost me at this part
Sep 30, 2014 3:48 PM

Sep 2011
Rushed from start to finish because it was only 2 episodes; would've been better off as another 12 episodes. Gonna have to give it a 5/10.
Sep 30, 2014 3:57 PM
Dec 2008
derprume said:
I am pretty damn confused LOLOL... so when Aoba and Hina went back to their timeline at the end of the episode, Hina reappeared in the lab with her suit on, but Aoba wasn't, so is it scientist Aoba(didn't experience time travel), or Aoba happen to arrive back earlier than Hina?

Since she still has her Zogilia suit on, I'm assuming that when Aoba stopped Hina's loop, maybe she got returned to the original timeline.
Sep 30, 2014 4:09 PM
Aug 2014
o_O If Aoba stopped Hina's loop by stopping Hina from entering the wormhole then the Hina in the lab spawned from nothing?
Sep 30, 2014 4:13 PM

Feb 2008
I think the BoyWonder says it well in his first 3 lines. Answered some questions, made some new, and time traveling stories always or at least lots of times make you scratch your head in the end. Cause like others, I really didn't understood why Hina and Aoba didn't remember each other. Though won't spend long actually caring, at least they got back together.

Also have to agree with others, felt so rushed. Maybe it would've felt boring if they had stretched it for another 12 episodes, but 2 episodes left me a bit dissatisfied with with how they tried to cramp all the answers in it. Nonetheless, I did fairly enjoy the 2 episodes. Seeing Bizon die, mad professor, some tears escaping from Dio's eyes was good enough.
Sep 30, 2014 4:23 PM

Aug 2007
Good ep! I got some questions answered and I got more of that time travelin I always wanted though still left more questions in the end. Which makes me sad since I doubt I'll ever get answers. It was already said I enjoyed this but them cramming stuff in two eps made me feel unsatify. I wouldn't have minded it being 12 eps even if it was rumord to be like Seed Destiny and we would have had a new protag.

Sent with Mal Updater
Sep 30, 2014 4:38 PM

Mar 2013
derprume said:
4kicks said:

You kinda lost me at this part
That's where I get lost too.

Well, the idea in the end is alright. As others have said, expanding on the flashbacks would have helped. Also, the whole jumping 1 second thing seemed like a really big plot convince. Overall I think I'll just keep it a 7/10. As a whole, I think the show had characters that were fine, even if common and underdeveloped. The OST had a good track here and there. Action was good at times. Had more potential than it delivered, but at least it ends with some closure.
Sep 30, 2014 4:53 PM

Jul 2009
ohhh... so hina basically went through what aoba went through the first time round. cool how they originally met in university. no wonder they're so compatible. so, they're part of the founding team of the coupling system. nice! i also like how they essentially fell in love twice lol. once in university, their ~20 self and again in their high school form. love surpasses all time and space! lol.

overall this anime was a bit meh. plenty corny moments but they were some good ones though. i guess 7/10 as a whole. it was decent.

that said, poor bizon. i have to tip my hat off to him. they kind of downplayed his revival because it's no easy feat to be bounced back in time and essentially emerge as president 70 years later. i sure wouldnt know where to start. nevermind, buy oil and gold! then microsoft shares, then apple shares, then google shares, and then finally use money to buy me an election win. lol!
Sep 30, 2014 5:07 PM

Apr 2008
That was so hasty and trippy. That Buddy System and Singularity is so insane too. Now we're even reversing time..?! Everything was so quick that I couldn't keep up with Elvira's plan.

Least Part 2 had plenty of darn action.

Tarjim, who was described as a "battle lover" (好戦的; bellicose), finally shows it a bit better.

I don't know how I feel. It felt average, and yet I'm a little disappointed. Maybe because it was the ending. After going through a hiatus for this final, and returning to the BC Cast, we see a departure. Two eps to end it all. You mean they have to go through that loop again?! (Well, I guess w/o Bizon).
Sep 30, 2014 5:11 PM

Aug 2012
I really liked this series, so I was really worried when I heard that Bandai was really cutting down the sequel. I saw so much potential in this series, that it was almost painful Cutting out so many awesome things they could have done. But the Finale saved it IMO. It could have been so much better... but I guess I'll have to live with this.
Sep 30, 2014 5:14 PM
Aug 2014
1st Hina bumps into 1st Aoba at college
1st Hina and 1st Aoba works at lab
1st Hina and 1st Aoba first couple experiment to sync brainwaves
1st Hina goes through another test experiment, the machines malfunction and sends her into the future.
1st Hina meets 1st Dio
1st Hina fights 1st Bizon and ends up in the past
1st Hina meets 2nd Aoba in HS
1st Bizon attacks school(probably hunting Hina)
1st Hina protects 2nd Aoba from falling debris
1st Hina brings 2nd Aoba to future while 1st Bizon dies in the wormhole
1st Hina loses her memory and becomes 2nd Hina, adopted by her father and fights for Zogilla
2nd Aoba pilots Luxon instead
2nd Aoba creates wormhole in Alaska
2nd Hina chases after 2nd Bizon into the wormhole
2nd Aoba gets stopped by 2nd Dio( this is the flashback in ep 13)
It's possible there is a deviation at this point. Either 2nd Hina meets 3rd Aoba in HS OR 2nd Hina returns with her Zogilla uniform to the lab where 1st Aoba is waiting. (flashback in OVA 2) We don't know what happens to 2nd Aoba and Dio in this alternate timeline.

Where the anime starts in ep 1
2nd Hina meets 3rd Aoba in HS
2nd Bizon attacks 3rd Aoba
2nd Hina brings 3rd Aoba into the future, 2nd Bizon dies in the wormhole
2nd Hina loses her memory and becomes 3rd Hina, adopted by her father and fights for Zogilla
3rd Aoba pilots Luxon
3rd Aoba creates wormhole in Alaska
3rd Hina chases after 3rd Bizon into the wormhole
3rd Aoba sees the flashback of 2nd Dio stopping 2nd Aoba(episode 13), BUT 3rd Dio doesn't stop him
3rd Bizon is the only one who gets sent into the past where he grows shriveled etc etc.
3rd Bizon makes satellite in a week(LOLOLOL beast)
3rd Aoba and 3rd Dio magically leap in time to stop the satellite from firing, 3rd Bizon dies
Wormhole in space is created
3rd Aoba and 3rd Hina goes back to their timeline possibly(not 100% sure) becoming 1st Hina and 1st Aoba, repeating the loop again.
*The ending in OVA 2 with Hina running into Aoba may or may not be an alternate world(they've no memory, no mech, no hairpin) where there is no war and they don't go on a looping spree.
**The only possible end to the loop is when 2nd Hina returns with her Zogilla uniform to the lab where 1st Aoba is waiting.
derprumeOct 2, 2014 11:57 AM
Sep 30, 2014 5:22 PM

Aug 2011
Stark700 said:
SOLO COUPLING.

This.

The series was average, but this was... horrible, poorly written and just plain boring.

» Escapism.

Sep 30, 2014 6:15 PM

Feb 2014
LittleStar said:
Wait a minute...

So Hina and Aoba meet each other and lose memories,
they will make experiments coupling, they will fail,
she will go to future, they later go to past meet high school Aoba,
take him to future... he will again go all these events...
go back, and over and over again do this?!

Or they will change future?

Yeah you're right. Unless Aoba actually has his memories which he might so maybe they won't be stuck in the loop again but they probably are.
Sep 30, 2014 6:27 PM

Mar 2013
These 2 episode is better than the 12 episode in term of action.
Sep 30, 2014 6:30 PM
Jul 2012
I wish this had gone on for a few more episodes. I mean, yes its confusing and thats plenty of reason for people to hate it. But, I liked the animation and music from the first season. And the mechanic of coupling is really interesting. Though, I'll admit that the plot is pretty stale somewhat. What stopped this was the animation. But, I wanted at least a 10 episode course. I mean, we could have more AobaxHina moments to better situate us into liking her. We could also have episodes of her adjusting to her new life. Also, we can sneak hints of them finding out where Bizon is, have his mech built, and have them reach the climax that is this OVA. And Hina and Aoba can go through character development within these episodes.
Sep 30, 2014 6:46 PM

Apr 2011
Rushed. As I said before, this could be better if its one-cour.

Everything is over, A nice ending between Aoba and Hina meeting again. I wish they meet again in high school, but thats just me.

At least this is over...
Sep 30, 2014 7:08 PM

Sep 2012
I would've preferred a longer OVA series for those flashbacks. I wouldn't have mind having a few episodes for the whole time looping explaining. It makes sense for the most part but what a shame.

Also, not sure if it was just me or did the fights look like CGI at some points? I don't recall if they did the same for S1 but it was pretty cool looking.
Friends are there to lend a hand when you can’t do something on your own. It’s not one person doing all the work protecting everyone, we help each other when in need. That’s what friends are for.
Sep 30, 2014 7:50 PM
Apr 2013
You guys say it was rushed but remember how this was originally planned as an entire other season? Well, the reason the 2-parter came to be was pretty because because season 1's BDs and DVDs weren't pulling enough sales so it didn't really justify another entire season financially speaking. This was possibly the best outcome (rushed as it is). At the very least it gave some closure to the series.
Sep 30, 2014 7:55 PM

Apr 2010
So much BS technobabble, Bizon's mech looks like ass, and a clip show sequence that was at Gundam SEED levels of length.

Yes, yes, I know this show got screwed by Sunrise into getting only 2 episodes, but I still couldn't stop laughing at the clip show. My mind is fried from how the time travel thing now works, holy smokes.

Giving this a 4/10, and it's largely because of how fun it was to hear Sakurai Takahiro going all-out ham and play a villain totally off his rocker. And Koyasu Takehito crying like a little bitch was hilarious. Has he ever played such a pathetic character before?
Sep 30, 2014 8:01 PM

Apr 2012
The explanations give me a headache.

But besides that it was a good anime. 8/10
Sep 30, 2014 8:21 PM

May 2012
So they still don't remember each other.

Like everyone else said this was rushed and I think it would have been better if this was 12 episodes. I don't get the whole time loop thing. If all of this started when they met in college, doesn't that mean they will just repeat this whole thing over again. Also what was up with Hina in her Zogilia outfit on the table?

4/10 for me.
Sep 30, 2014 8:58 PM

Sep 2013
katedadevil said:
Isn't it possible that this Hina went back in her time when she woke up after the first coupling incident with adult version of Aoba and the teen version of Aoba went back to his high school time, then meet the Hina that had yet to have any memories of him? o.o

That is what I believe happened. Otherwise, why did hina in suit appear right after he ran into the room.
Sep 30, 2014 9:40 PM

Sep 2008
4kicks said:
So here's my understanding of what happened, from the true beginning, one giant recap (may have names misspelled, but won't be corrected because this show is pretty forgettable):

I still think they could have stretched it out a few more episodes to explain everything above, instead of using cheap flashbacks. Maybe not a full 25, or 12 episodes, but a 6-epsiode OVA series would be better. They could have just animated the flashbacks into full scenes...but I guess they may have wanted to have closure, and all this be over with--something many series don't do, and just die off with a cliffhanger or unanswered questions.

Edit:
Remember the end card for episode 13 with the black-haired, yellow-eyed guy? He's apparently from the Buddy Complex smart phone game for filthy casuals. There's also a blonde pony-tailed girl that looks like his love interest.

So now my question is...was this whole series just a promo for their mobile game? If so, I wouldn't be surprised to see a new pachinko machine next.

ok seriously this was a lot more entertaining than the whole 24 minute episode, omg thank you for this. I would be lying if i wasn't excited for this episode but the whole time i was thinking, "What a mess". This pretty much sums up nicely all the unanswered questions and my brain feels at peace now since we got all the time loop/ alternate universe crap figured out. Oh yeah and "Saggy sack of shit Bizon" is my favorite. What the hell is this buddy complex smart phone thing, why would anyone invent this lol.

I'm kind of disappointed with the ending for all the same reasons, being rushed and all. We all gotta be real though, thinking this show had any more potential is just not true. This is as far as it goes and it could have turned out a tiny bit better but it didn't. All I can say is Alfried for president and I thank the writers for having Dio tear up in space cuz his bff won't blow up robots with him anymore. That is all i really needed, thanks.

AICW said:
Giving this a 4/10, and it's largely because of how fun it was to hear Sakurai Takahiro going all-out ham and play a villain totally off his rocker. And Koyasu Takehito crying like a little bitch was hilarious. Has he ever played such a pathetic character before?

From episode one, my favorite thing has been how Sakurai Takahiro voiced Bizon. That's what got me hooked, i wanted more crazy screechy whining Bizon and yeah grandpa Bizon screaming for bloody revenge was amusing too. omg i was laughing that whole part where Koyasu's character was banging on that door. I don't' think I've ever heard him so hilariously anguished before.
Sep 30, 2014 9:41 PM

Jul 2013
Yeah I could tell they rushed everything at the end, with new coupling armaments, large supporting characters in the battle with no background stories, and the time loop again pretty much ruined it. Although it felt satisfying when Aoba and Hina are going off with their normal lives at the end.

Well the ending was good imo. Also the battle was entertaining at least. This gives me an 7/10.

Sep 30, 2014 10:58 PM

Sep 2014
Nice ending scene
That mech Bizon piloting
greatly resembles Regnant from 00 . . .

although its rush but nice
execution of the info of time loop
8/10 . . .
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Timeline of Buddy Complex + the ending (for those who are still confused)

Ayacchii - Oct 3, 2014

26 by aleinam »»
Mar 30, 1:01 PM

» Is the ending happy?

ffleader1 - Jan 19, 2015

10 by GoombaKing77 »»
Mar 12, 2022 4:12 PM

Poll: » Buddy Complex: Kanketsu-hen - Ano Sora ni Kaeru Mirai de Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 29, 2014

50 by Fortress_Maximus »»
Feb 13, 2021 5:31 PM

» Is the series Complete or did they left out some stuff .

HaanFrost - Jan 5, 2017

1 by takutoac »»
May 28, 2017 10:08 PM

» Why is this only 2 episodes?

Uchiha - Oct 16, 2014

5 by Swiftflash »»
Jan 14, 2015 12:43 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.