Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Jul 11, 2013 6:31 AM

Nov 2011
That was so much better than i expected! Especially the end where she actually looked like rambo!
Jul 11, 2013 8:45 AM

Jan 2013
Gigarit said:
That was so much better than i expected! Especially the end where she actually looked like rambo!
This.

I'm liking dem Gainax vibes.
CabronJul 11, 2013 8:48 AM
Please learn about cel animation and its technical process.
Learn how special effects and backlighting were done without computers.

Jul 11, 2013 9:30 AM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
azzuRe said:
The mock battle scene was quite good with nice display of cover-fire teamwork, but still not as comprehensive as Upotte!!. I hope they would display more of CQB action in the next episodes.
Upotte was about professional solders (guns that look like girls, but whatever, they are training for military work). Stella Jogakuin is about high school girls with the hobby of playing airsoft games as an after school club activity. They don't have to get the details right.
Jul 11, 2013 9:03 PM

Oct 2008
Actually much better than I thought, considering I never completed any anime in the category of "girls with guns or tanks".
I actually liked the characters and loved the little touches of humour.

Another passes the first episode test.
Jul 12, 2013 5:57 AM

May 2011
Could have sworn that OP was livetune adding Yun*chi.
Jul 12, 2013 4:50 PM

May 2011
That was em... interesting I guess lol. I am liking Rento and Yura so far.
Jul 13, 2013 11:53 AM

Jun 2012
Haha that was.. interesting. It reminded me of Girls und Panzer, which was actually the only short series I've ever dropped (although I will finish it just because I don't want it to be dropped).
That's something I really like, airsoft and all, but the characters don't really impress me.
I am kind of impressed with the detail of the guns, though.
The soundtrack made me laugh, it was so strange.

Well, I'm not really expecting too much from this series, although I like the guns part.

Dang, the school must have a high budget for that club, I know from experience that those guns are expensive, especially the M60. And then they have their own part of the school set out for themselves to use as well.

Jul 13, 2013 7:59 PM

May 2012
i was surprised by how much i like this show... i can relate to the main character, who is shy and has a hard time being assertive enough to make friends easily, and at the same time, i like the idea of the other characters falling outside the box of typical girly behavior and being passionate about playing airsoft. it almost makes me want to try playing, haha.
Jul 14, 2013 11:10 PM
Jun 2013
I can't help but feel they went wrong when they decided to include jazz as bg music for a fight scene, lol. Got better near the end. Hope to see Sonora next episode.
Jul 15, 2013 12:25 AM

Sep 2012
vellieu said:
I can't help but feel they went wrong when they decided to include jazz as bg music for a fight scene, lol. Got better near the end. Hope to see Sonora next episode.

i thought the jazz went along nicely with it tbh, and the only other series where i thought the jazz worked was bebop and sakimichi no appolon.
Jul 16, 2013 9:46 PM

Mar 2009
This was great. Don't let me down, Gainax!
Personally, I loved the jazz during the battle.
Jul 20, 2013 4:01 PM

Apr 2013
Cute girls playing with guns what more can you ask?
Jul 21, 2013 2:20 AM

Sep 2012
fatsumie said:

guns playing with girls?
Jul 22, 2013 5:04 AM

Oct 2012
Wow Gainax wow
That jazz @ battle... remind me a bit of Angel Beats bgm :)
Next ep, it's Sonora=Sawashiro Miyuki!!

eldest said:
fatsumie said:

guns playing with girls?

Lol.. what do you mean?
How about cute guys playing with guns? xD
"Signature removed"
Jul 22, 2013 5:49 AM

Sep 2012
Ray_Light said:
Wow Gainax wow
That jazz @ battle... remind me a bit of Angel Beats bgm :)
Next ep, it's Sonora=Sawashiro Miyuki!!

eldest said:
fatsumie said:

guns playing with girls?

Lol.. what do you mean?
How about cute guys playing with guns? xD

no, life sized cute guns playing humansoft with little girls.
Jul 26, 2013 2:03 PM

Oct 2012
Well, I think it was really bad idea to jump on this bandwaggon without knowing more about it. I am really not into military so whole premise of this show is out of my interests (Girls und Panzer lost me four eps into it). But I have to admit that those characters are pretty cool and that gunfight in the end was fun to watch. One more ep I guess.
Aug 2, 2013 5:33 PM

Sep 2011
I remembered. The time dating Yura-chan with the club was a reference to the K-on.
Aug 3, 2013 2:17 AM

May 2013
That's an amazing entrance to an even more amazing school.

The OP is nice and I guess the ED's fine.

Yura Yamato is the type of person who can't easily talk to people. And she's an oddball.
Sonora Kashima, Yura's roommate, has a gun under her pillow! She's a bigger oddball.

C3, Sonora's club, consists of Rento, Karila, Honoka, and Yachiyo. All of them can't call Yura properly.
But they do host an awesome mock battle, which I enjoyed. And they have cake, too!

A club of cute girls with badass guns? I'm in.
I’m always searching for something, for someone. This feeling has possessed me I think, from that day… That day when the stars came falling.
Aug 30, 2013 2:14 PM

Jul 2009
Huh, interesting anime! Looks like Yura's not the type that makes friends easily ... but well, the C3 club seems like a good fit for her! Especially since she was getting so into those war movies ... haha XD
Really loved the OP and the ED is OK I guess ;P
Some of the voices sounded a bit familiar, but I couldn't place them. Then again, don't really know the names either. I got Karila as the "Rambo", but didn't manage to catch any other names unfortunately. Then again I loved the action at the end! Great tactics on Karila's part (planting the machine and then using her "knife") and some awesome teamwork between the green-haired pigtails and long-haired girl (shouldn't she be tying it up?! :P). Also at the end how Yura saw it as a scene from the movie ... pretty nice :3
So looks like their captain (and Yura's roommate) will make an appearance next episode. In any case, glad I started this, late as it is! :P
Aug 30, 2013 2:27 PM

Aug 2013
EvianBubble said:
Huh, interesting anime! Looks like Yura's not the type that makes friends easily ... but well, the C3 club seems like a good fit for her! Especially since she was getting so into those war movies ... haha XD
Really loved the OP and the ED is OK I guess ;P
Some of the voices sounded a bit familiar, but I couldn't place them. Then again, don't really know the names either. I got Karila as the "Rambo", but didn't manage to catch any other names unfortunately. Then again I loved the action at the end! Great tactics on Karila's part (planting the machine and then using her "knife") and some awesome teamwork between the green-haired pigtails and long-haired girl (shouldn't she be tying it up?! :P). Also at the end how Yura saw it as a scene from the movie ... pretty nice :3
So looks like their captain (and Yura's roommate) will make an appearance next episode. In any case, glad I started this, late as it is! :P

Yachiyo, the sniper, is voiced by Ui Hirasawa's (K-On!) voice actress, if you've seen that. And yes, Honoka and Rento's part remains my single favourite battle in the entire series (not that the others are bad); it's that music that makes it so awesome!
Sep 7, 2013 3:22 PM

Dec 2009
This was a rather pleasant surprise. Can't say I'm a fan of the "bleached" visuals, though.
I have my own anime blog. It's called Anime Viking. Hope you'll you read it!

Sep 19, 2013 6:43 AM

Dec 2012
Very interesting start, the characters are all cute and easily likable. I like how they went around the room focusing on each of them with the guns in the beginning. Yura's a closet rambo it seems, that had me cracking up a good deal. The blonde girl is especially crazy and hilarious, used the candy bar knife first chance she got!

It was a surprisingly engaging mock battle, poor Yura at the end :p.
Sep 21, 2013 6:27 AM

Nov 2011
4/5

Start today with my first summer series, I wanted to start right with this anime because it is the first time I've seen one with this issue, you say it? Yes, it is enough for me to come by! XD I thought better of the factor of the seabed, too pink and pastel colors, they are not as ugly as I am drawn, but I do not go too genius, are tastes that make us sometimes! X°°D The work of Gainax does not look bad and the designs seem to be made well, nice the protagonists, even during scenes deformed! LOL During the opening, I could think of GUP, I hope I do not disappoint too. For now I'm magnanimous in voting!
Oct 16, 2013 7:18 AM

May 2012
Airsoft battles he? Well that's rather interesting!
Nov 17, 2013 5:40 PM

Apr 2012
Thought this episode was very good: the music, the comical balance between the girl academy setting and the normally more male oriented club. Action scene was impressive, as expected from Gainax.
Dec 5, 2013 3:12 PM

Feb 2012
rederoin said:
Khalan3 said:
let me guess this is going to be the top seller this season

anyway I always like cute girls

Monogatari is currently ranked 1# on amazon with more than 5.000 stalker points.
C3-bu is currently at ranked 900#~ on amazon with 35 stalker points.

You can't judge sales based on the first week of summer. But the difference is rather big at at the moment.

thanks God, Monogatari is a classic and tihis is well.. odd.

paraphrasing a film of the Coen brothers, i will say, Oh Gainax, Where Art Thou?
Dec 3, 2014 6:03 PM

Feb 2013
That was better thatn I expected. Some really funny moments. That part where she was pretending to be Rambo in the bedroom was very funny.

"I've found a real freak!"

So C3 stands for Command, Control, and Communication. That's nice to know.

Good episode. I like this. I like Kirishima. She's cool.
Feb 11, 2019 7:39 AM

Mar 2016
Yura playing Rambo by herself in her room was the cutest thing I've seen in a long time. They'll never be able to top that going forward I bet.
syncrogazerFeb 11, 2019 8:34 AM
Jul 7, 2021 6:55 AM

Feb 2020
Pretty cute and fun start. This is already better than Upotte.

The soundtrack during the battle was neat.

SerafosDec 23, 2023 3:26 AM
Feb 7, 7:44 PM

Oct 2022
What's better than cute girls doing cute things? Cute girls doing cute things to the sound of smooooooooooooth jazz...
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Stella Jogakuin Koutou-ka C³-bu Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 26, 2013

95 by toralbabs »»
Jun 19, 10:02 PM

Poll: » Stella Jogakuin Koutou-ka C³-bu Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 29, 2013

101 by toralbabs »»
Jun 2, 8:09 AM

Poll: » Stella Jogakuin Koutou-ka C³-bu Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 22, 2013

98 by toralbabs »»
May 27, 4:48 PM

Poll: » Stella Jogakuin Koutou-ka C³-bu Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 15, 2013

71 by toralbabs »»
May 18, 8:45 PM

Poll: » Stella Jogakuin Koutou-ka C³-bu Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 25, 2013

137 by toralbabs »»
Feb 17, 9:43 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.