Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 2, 2011 7:47 PM

Oct 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Marvelous episode full of enjoyment of the purest. This is absolutely and I mean totally Natsume replacement. You will once again be able to think of this world and forget of the shitty one you are as IRL. Truly glad they made this. I was hoping hard and finally it came.

Among the great things of this episode is Momoneko landing butt on Potte's face as follows,

now that was great and also right at the start of the episode. First ROFL right there.

In the OP I find the following,

In being to watch it out constantly with enjoyment. The scenery is just amazing there and an excellent reminder about Momoneko-sama.

Few other elements
  • I loved seeing Fu with Kou in the spoiler
    now that moment captured in that pic was hilarious yet intriguing as to what exactly it alluded to. Fascination or trying to see what the marble presents across the other side through it.

• Chihiro was a great character in the beginning whom presented itself as the other town that Fu was in before going back to the one from the OVAs. I am hoping she comes to visit Fu in the town she is in. Chihiro was very funny in the spoiler
    from the way she introduced her plushies to Fu.

• I liked a lot the time Fu spent with Chihiro in her room but most of all Chihiro’s room in the spoiler
    was quite intriguing with all the plushies of various type she had. For a moment I got some Entrails animals from Kampfer memories.

• Chihiro was mostly cute but a little dramatic with her crying when she introduced the doll in the spoiler
    it was somewhat funny but sad mostly due to Chihiro knowing that Fu was leaving.

• When Fu gets her case for her camera in the spoiler
    now I know how she got it finally! It was a great way to get it. Nothing can be better than a present from your friend even though the first failed or it was a joke present? TBH I was impressed with how it was handled this part and was a little tearful. It was somewhat powerful.

• I loved the Chihiro/Fu part in the spoiler
    it was an excellent flashback of when they were younger. Quite nostalgic to me.

• The intermission in the spoiler
    is still top notch and fun. It is animated rather MOE kind and it suits me fine. Might GIF that animation to put in the club. It looks really cute and simple.

• Seeing the group picture in the spoiler
    was none other than a excellent flashback among the other ones. I instantly remembered some parts of the last OVAs because of it.
This will be one calming ride.
Yumekichi11Oct 2, 2011 8:47 PM

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Oct 2, 2011 7:48 PM

Mar 2011
I thought this started airing tomorrow.....
*still goes off to watch it*
Oct 11, 2011 11:40 AM

Jul 2010
Such a cute and lovely series among all the ecchi and violence. The characters are very nicely portrayed imo. Fu talks pretty funny doesn't she? Chihiro bawling her eyes out every time she accidentally reminded Fu of her father was so cute. =3

I'm going to enjoy this. =)

Oct 11, 2011 1:03 PM

Oct 2011
Chihiro is an amazing character :) I hope she will appear more (I would swap her for both whistling girl or Norie)
but maybe they will also gain some more of personality :)

and yes series is very good :3
Oct 11, 2011 4:07 PM

Jan 2011
2ustuf5.jpg
DAT face.
Oct 12, 2011 4:21 PM

Jun 2009
This is so lovely. I feel fuzzy and warm inside.

I-I didn’t let tears of joy flow out over so much sweetness. No, I absolutely did not. … Who am I kidding? I cried at those tender moments!

Tamayura can turn anything into mellow and peaceful times.
I think, then procrastinate.
Therefore, I am.
Oct 12, 2011 9:41 PM

Aug 2008
absolutely loved it! It had more plot like a start of a AWEsome movie.
I also enjoyed Chihiro and her awesome ways of plushie. (Did she make any of them?) I hope they bring her back soon!!
It made sense that Chihiro gave her that camera case. She didn't seem one to indulge in ultra cute things, though she's definitely cute in her own way :3
Oct 13, 2011 5:27 PM

Jul 2009
bolei_cha said:
I also enjoyed Chihiro and her awesome ways of plushie. (Did she make any of them?)
Well, I can be mistaken (might also depend on the subs) but as I understood it, she made all her characters by herself.

However, I loved the episode!
Before I started watching I read the description here on Myanimelist. It sounded kind of boring but still worth watching.
Glad I chose to watch it.

Well, it's been a week since I saw the first episode so I don't really have any more to say about it...
Oct 15, 2011 11:31 PM

Jun 2009
My god this show is good!! O.o
If this is a standalone OVA, I'd give it a 9. Very very good anime.
Great episode from start to finish.

The Prologue,
to the OP,
Fuu and Chihiro's talk and about her sadness over her father's departure,
How Fuu view the album her brother(or sister... not sure) found,
Asking for her father's camera,
The way they depict how time passes, (Shine visit humour as well)
Saying good bye to her best friend,
Chihiro's present and the last chat they had a the park,
Taking the train, and look at the photos her father took,
and finally, the welcome back message and her friend waiting there... with Fuu saying I'm home.

T_T So good...

P.S. Am I the only one overwhelmed by Chihiro's handcrafting skills?
AirStylesOct 15, 2011 11:36 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 16, 2011 11:07 AM

Oct 2011
AirStyles said:

P.S. Am I the only one overwhelmed by Chihiro's handcrafting skills?

Nope
not alone here
she is a great character and I really hope she will come back :)
Oct 17, 2011 10:14 AM

Jul 2011
Cool.
I didnt expect that there will be another season of that anime but here it is.
Its not bad I actually like it. I find it kind of relaxing.
I think I will be watching it.
Oct 17, 2011 9:23 PM

Nov 2010
Wolf48 said:

Its not bad I actually like it. I find it kind of relaxing.
I think I will be watching it.

this.

Very good anime and the music is so good.
Oct 29, 2011 4:04 PM

Jul 2008
nice anime
i like slow paiceing anime like kino and haibny renmi
i heat that cry babe she is so anoying but she go away thanks god

the art is great the still images all beautiful

but the main character is Mah....
Nov 4, 2011 8:32 AM

Dec 2009
A cute little episode.

I enjoyed.
Nov 22, 2011 5:20 PM
Jul 2011
Just how heartwarming can it get?

I loved how Chihiro always cried in Fu's stead while Fu was quite composed. It was also astonishing that Fu had actually memorized all of the plushies' names (Mapimopi ^^). Those two really mean a lot to each other.
Jan 29, 2012 10:23 PM

Sep 2011
Man I feel bad for Chihiro... :( Hopefully we get to see more of her! :D
Feb 12, 2012 8:05 AM

May 2010
I'm actually liking this more than the OVA so far, it seems less cheesy.
“Money can't buy dere”
May 25, 2012 6:29 PM

Jun 2009
The OVA was so-so, but this first episode of the actual series was fantastic I thought.
The storytelling was so much better, pretty much what I expected of Satou.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Feb 18, 2013 3:13 PM

Sep 2011
Wonderful first episode, the level of details in the different scenes was great. Looking forward for more!

I'm gonna watch this in chronological order, so: ep1 > OVAs > ep2...ep5 > ep5.5 > ep6...ep12

I've started this for a lot of different reasons. The main reason is because it's in the 'healing' category, and I felt like I should watch something calming. I'm also probably gonna watch the Aria series either immediately or sometime after this (it's supposed to be THE 'healing' anime after all). For now I thought I would watch something shorter.
Another reason was the team that made this one. It's pretty much the same team as Aria, and the director was also the creator and director of one of my favorite anime, Kaleido Star. The script writer also worked in KS, and a lot of other things like K-On!, Digimon and Kobato.
And finally, the main character is voiced by Taketatsu Ayana. I mean really. She is one of my favorite seiyuu ever since I saw K-On! (Azusa is also one of my favorites) and also OreImo (Kirino has also been one of my favorites).
This is pretty much a no-brainer for me after these. Don't get me wrong though, I was also interested in the plot and it's not like I'm trying to find those anime in this.
Feb 20, 2013 6:17 PM

Nov 2011
I finished the first episode and had it on-hold for awhile so this was a good refreshment. :3
May 1, 2013 1:48 PM

Jan 2013
Oh, yes. Calm and relaxing, just what I expected :)
Sep 20, 2013 5:25 PM

Dec 2009
This was fantastic... I didn't expect to cry at all...
I have my own anime blog. It's called Anime Viking. Hope you'll you read it!

Oct 15, 2013 3:43 AM

Dec 2012
Such a calming and beautiful first episode, really reminiscent to Aria's relaxing atmosphere. This really felt like a step up from the OVAs and I liked seeing what brought Fuu to the town. Chihiro is so ridiculously adorable and great, the "moe" is strong in that one. Really looking forward to this series, it will certainly be great to unwind to this at a slow pace.
ZekkenshinOct 15, 2013 3:50 AM
Nov 11, 2013 7:36 AM

Nov 2011
5/5

Fabulous! * _ *
Despite not having seen the OVA, the episode was a pleasure almost unique!
Ah ~! As I relaxed. Pleasant narration, we note without knowing that you are in the presence of ladies SofL.
Very well maintained on the technical-chart! the TYO Animation has worked well, about the animations. The designs of Iizuka Haruko are cute to the nth power! * _ *
Color design and costume design really nice, I liked! : D
The character of Chihiro and Fuu, are very "aggressive"! LOL
I can not resist, so I have to give full marks! ;)

Ah! Very beautiful locations shown, the photos with the various characters and Kou looking at the glass ball! : love:
Jun 29, 2014 12:42 PM

May 2012
Pretty lovely start of the series, it does have a bit slower pacing than the OVA prequel and the atmosphere is slightly different but I do love the overall feel of this first episode! Let's see what this first season will offer us!
Aug 23, 2014 10:50 PM

Feb 2014
I'm liking the calm and relaxing atmosphere in this a lot more than the OVA, which while still good, had a little too much of a generic moe feel to it. And I hope we see more of Chihiro.
Nov 23, 2014 7:14 PM

Feb 2013
This show is the definition of slice of life! Good start. I wonder where it'll go.
Jun 8, 2015 8:18 PM

Jul 2013
This felt really disgenuine. Corny dialogue (no one thinks or talks like that) and maximum pandering. I hate when a show feel's really calculated.

And girl....your daddy is probably scattered pile of ash so he ain't doing shit for you.

Also....Mountain scenery kept unchanged. Holy fucking shitballs....what a revelation.
KuruwinJun 8, 2015 8:32 PM
Jun 14, 2015 8:50 PM

Nov 2013
The chibi humor in the OVAs was a bit annoying so I'm glad they toned it down for this series. Hopefully the healing aspects of the show will continue to be emphasized over the comedy elements.

Kuruwin said:
This felt really disgenuine. Corny dialogue (no one thinks or talks like that) and maximum pandering. I hate when a show feel's really calculated.

And girl....your daddy is probably scattered pile of ash so he ain't doing shit for you.

Also....Mountain scenery kept unchanged. Holy fucking shitballs....what a revelation.

Lol. This is unfortunately what happens when people are unable to suppress their cynicism when watching an iyashikei series such as this one. Nothing wrong with that, of course — it just means that this show isn't for everyone.
Jul 4, 2015 1:41 PM

Aug 2013
Seabury said:
I'm actually liking this more than the OVA so far, it seems less cheesy.

This
I hope that it will be directed in this way.
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Dec 17, 2015 9:40 AM

Aug 2015
What a sweet friend Chihiro is to Potte, I'm expecting to see her in the future since I think she's the long haired girl in the OP. Overall a good 1st ep
Aug 1, 2016 6:36 PM

Oct 2012
This episode was precious.
Nov 7, 2016 10:30 PM

May 2014
What a perfect way to start this season <3 Would have never guess she had her hair grown out and decided to cut it down again! Chihiro is adorable, I can't wait to see her again. The way they both said 'aggressive' was also super cute.

It's going to be a good ride!
Nov 19, 2019 6:16 AM

Oct 2015
That was a sad opening episode, but yet heartwarming at the same time. Chihiro is a true boss, even though she tears a lot. Those prezies brought a sun in my heart, especially when she gave Fuu the photography kit.

Reunion with Kao gave me warm vibes too, can't for more moments of this series. BTW, the haircut looks nice.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Apr 28, 2022 2:55 AM

Aug 2018
Well, Chihiro is worried about it even more than Fuu, it seems.. Well, she's caring friend, it seems..
Photos do have some sadness to them, I personally feel.. Maybe it's easier to portray sad in photos than something happy.. Or maybe it's just me..
First episode is more melancholic.. Well, not my first entry in series, though.. Watched 4 episodes OVA before this.. Not like melancholy bad.. Just that I don't think it's predominant feeling of the series overall.. Or who knows, how season will be.. Either way, first episode I enjoyed in its' sadness..

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tamayura: Hitotose Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Dec 18, 2011

55 by s1k1b »»
Feb 3, 10:32 AM

Poll: » Tamayura: Hitotose Episode 5 Discussion

tsubasalover - Oct 30, 2011

40 by Hahi-no-Tenshi »»
May 5, 2023 3:31 PM

» Explaining how to watch Tamayura: Hitotose

NeoVenezia - Mar 7, 2013

6 by Ghefira »»
Apr 16, 2023 9:59 PM

Poll: » Tamayura: Hitotose Episode 6 Discussion

tsubasalover - Nov 6, 2011

43 by mySaudate »»
Oct 12, 2022 6:49 AM

» I really want to like this anime, but Norie puts me off so hard

Orzi - Oct 16, 2016

3 by SlammyHammy »»
Aug 7, 2022 4:08 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.