Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 6, 4:58 AM

Nov 2011
So Elise ends up at the Childe house after all. It's kinda odd given her character's past with the family there but seems like fate might of guided her to be there.

However, this episode builds more into developing a connection between her and Julian. As usual, Elise's medical skills make an impression.
Mar 6, 5:22 AM

Dec 2021
It's sweet to see Yulian and Elise bonding.

The day after receiving the Royal Rose Order, Elise found herself staying at Yulian's household, with whom she had been in opposition in her past life. Despite Elise's surprise at the unexpected turn of events, Yulian was impressed by all that Elise had accomplished. As their conversation unfolded in a relaxed atmosphere, Yulian and Elise gradually began to reveal their innermost thoughts, things they had never shared with anyone before.

It's kinda funny and nice to see how much of a jerk Elise used to be. But it's cool to have a whole episode about her and Yulian. I thought Yulian would hate her more after the King announced her engagement to Linden, but I'm glad they're still friends. Not sure about the two princesses saying they're happy, though. Also, Elise isn't just around for medical emergencies anymore; she's causing traffic accidents now too.

Oh, so Linden and Michael have different moms?
IzanaSolosMar 6, 4:56 PM

Mar 6, 6:38 AM

Mar 2021
It's so nice to see Elise and Yulian get on well with each and I hope this will allow both families to have better relations in the future.
Mar 6, 7:32 AM
Oct 2020
I would drop this if it wasn't already the 9th episode. It's like they forgot who the main characters are half way through. Now there's even more anime only nonsense focusing on side characters that doesn't even make sense in the overall story.
Mar 6, 7:42 AM
Oct 2020
If anything the anime is making it seem like Elise is causing people to be hurt/sick since every time she walks into a room someone seems to drop and need surgery. It's really becoming laughable.

The manhwa/novel is already not great, but somehow the anime is turning out to be even worse even after the promising start of the first 2 episodes, which made me go and read the source material in the first place. This is really disappointing.
Mar 6, 7:45 AM
Sep 2015
I'm a little bit surprised at the beginning of the episode, it feels disconnected, and why the heck is Elise out there on the street at rainy night...
Mar 6, 8:04 AM
Oct 2019
I will ship Elise x Julian.

God damn Past Elise was rude AF, she was a menace lol

Mar 6, 8:08 AM
Feb 2024
How Elise ended up at Juliane’s house in the manhwa was reaaaaaally different so I’m kind of surprised. A lot of the dialogue is the same though, so will it even get covered in the anime or are they planning on skipping over it? I don’t want to spoil but I’m also very confused.

I still ship Elise x Linden, but poor Juliane. It’s easy to see that she really loves the Prince, but Elise is the one who instigated all their squabbles in the past. The fact that Juliane is willing to move on so quickly really speaks to what kind of person she is. At this part in the manhwa, when noticing that her clothes were a little big on Elise, in her head she thought “it’s like I have a little sister” and you could tell from the way she blushed that she was pretty fond of her. I hope (while not Linden) that she finds her own Prince Charming someday. She’s very kind and mature and deserves someone who will acknowledge and love her for it. Seeing her and Elise bond was very sweet though, it was a cute episode.
Mar 6, 8:12 AM

Feb 2017
Reply to davidyodo24

davidyodo24 said:

She still is a menace, everyone around her is in constant need of drastic surgery
Mar 6, 8:12 AM

Feb 2017
Reply to davidyodo24

davidyodo24 said:

She still is a menace, everyone around her is in constant need of drastic surgery
Mar 6, 9:16 AM

Mar 2013
I hope Juliane's friendship with Elise last long.
Now this is friendship! 🥰

P.S. Shush, GL shippers. 😏

Elise's a bad apple back then.
Poor Juliane 🥲

@MizutaniShizuku1 you do know, no one's forcing you to watch something you don't want to, right? 😑😏
CrazyButNot4UMar 6, 9:27 AM
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Mar 6, 11:28 AM

Nov 2013
Elise treating another personm, this time the carriage driver who almost isekaied her (lol i read this joke in another comment and had to repeat it)

tho, after the last time they were together didn't end that well (Elise was announced as the next queen), they really needed to sit down and talk again, and this episode did just that, perfectly
no one else believes how the 2 girls can be best friends, since they are from opposing families, and ofc cause Elise was a villainess before, i couldn't stop laughing at that scene with her putting pepper(?) in the tea LOL

anyway, another great episode, sad that the season is almost over already
fav "new" girls from spring <3 ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks
Mar 6, 11:39 AM
Feb 2015
That was a sweet episode :>
Plus the fact like Elise was almost hit and didn't complain about it like a lot of people would and instantly went to the aid of Mr. Daniel shows what her priorities really are and that she don't care who it is, if there is a person in need of help regardless of the situation and who they are, she will give that help
Mar 6, 11:53 AM

Feb 2019
Juliane and Elise’s heart to heart was so sweet! It’s always good to see characters be totally honest about their insecurities and what not instead of running from it and causing issues.

I probably shouldn’t have watched this right after Mahoako because the Yuri ship possibilities are running amok in my brain rn 😂 Juliane and Elise are so cute! Both of them got so flustered at different points in the episode and I really enjoyed them just having a little date night/hangout together. Everyone is so shocked to see them become besties and when you see how Elise treated Juliane in the past, it makes sense. The fact Juliane is able to forgive her and move past all that is just a testament to her character.

Not Linden, but I do want Juliane to find someone nice for her. She deserves it, she’s such a kind and strong girl. Really got all the qualities you’d want in a woman tbh. Being open about how jealous she was of Elise and how she idolises her is very commendable. Conversely, things aren’t perfect for Elise either and she was able to share a little bit of those insecurities and doubts with Juliane.

The political intrigue continues to heat up with debates in secret about whether or not Mikhail or Linden should take the throne.. love a good power struggle. Of course Elise will be central to it as well. I wonder what Mikhail meant about “three will die” though??

Lmao at Elise dad and brother being so shocked about her spending the night with Juliane. Like I said earlier, makes sense considering their past relationship.

Cute episode! Maybe my fave
Marinate1016Mar 6, 12:13 PM
Mar 6, 12:58 PM

Oct 2019
Sweet episode, former "rival" having their quality time supporting each other instead of unecessary drama. Julianne is such a big hearted girl for easily let the mistreatment in the past.

Also, poor Linden barely have any screen time. Lmao
Mar 6, 1:43 PM
Jan 2024
I found the episode somewhat boring because Elise and Julian's relationship does not advance the main thing, which is Elise's exam.
Mar 6, 3:28 PM

Jul 2014
Makes me mad when getting a little rained on makes you sick in anime.
Doing it in a medical anime... Just... wow.
Mar 6, 4:46 PM
May 2017
Another very good episode! Will Julian become an assistant for Dr. Elise or even a Doctor herself?
Mene, mene, tekel, parsin
Mar 6, 4:59 PM
May 2017
Reply to Sokah
Makes me mad when getting a little rained on makes you sick in anime.
Doing it in a medical anime... Just... wow.
@Sokah And what about getting soaked in the middle of the heavy rain, remaining in the middle of the heavy rain and remaining soaked for a relatively long period of time?

Last time I did it, I caught a cold. It seems reasonable.
Mene, mene, tekel, parsin
Mar 6, 5:54 PM

Feb 2019
in the end Elise & Juliane ended up as quasi-BFFs lol I wonder what Mils is thinking after hearing that his big bro's popularity is soaring past his now that his engagement to Elise was announced, although it wasn't formally announced yet.
Mar 6, 5:59 PM

Jul 2021
When Elise was tying up the driver's leg out in the pouring rain, all I could think of was how that conversation actually would've gone:

Elise: Everything's going to be alright.
Driver: *gargle gargle cough* (his face getting pelted with raindrops)

It's good that Elise made a lady friend, even if their interaction is somewhat bland, and is spurred on by how awesome Julianne thinks Elise is.
Mar 6, 7:11 PM

Oct 2014
"It's the people with nothing who can become the strongest" You're not exactly right Elise. You HAD something even it was undesirable. You had your regrets and loneliness. In a way, these things are partly what compelled you to do what you had done. On the other hand, people who absolutely had nothing, both worries and happiness, shall never be able to move themselves nor would they even will themselves to.
Mar 6, 10:55 PM
Feb 2024
I love their friendship now omg
Mar 7, 11:00 AM

Jun 2016
very relaxing episode
Mar 7, 5:41 PM
Jan 2010
I'm being repetitive: again, this episode was different from the manga.
But I'm really enjoying how with the different process we get the same result of building a friendship, it's nice to see the tweaks on the plot without changing the outcome, it's fun to watch also

Mar 7, 9:45 PM

Jan 2008
The Childe noble lady took the news much better than I thought she would. I'm glad she still wishes to be Elise's friend...it's so wholesome, I love it. But of course, the machinations of the people in politics gotta F it all up scheming behind closed doors. I'm also curious as to why Elise didn't say anything about her wager with the asshole Emperor. I would have immediately told her that I have no interest in becoming queen, if I were in her shoes.

The flashback of the crown prince's mother(?) death has now piqued my curiosity. I wonder what's the story behind that in which the noble faction+the 3rd prince's family is supposedly responsible for.

One thing that bugs me about the ending theme...looks kind of surreal. Everything was alright...until they showed the modern windmills. Why are such a modern thing in this setting? If it was, they could have shown her with her brown-haired past self, walking through the thorns, and coming out of it with her blonde-haired Elise look. Narrative-wise, that would have made more sense. Or not have the windmills at all. It just clashes too much with the setting. It's a nitpick, but this sort of thing still annoys me.
Mar 7, 11:33 PM
Mob Character C

Oct 2009
What a nice little episode where these girls can just be nice friends. How sweet. ;_;; Like seriously, really sweet. I hope we can see more of them hanging out. Their friendship actually feels pretty genuine too. Not super forced or anything. Very welcome, this development.

Enjoy your anime! | Witch Cafe Wisteria
Mar 8, 4:43 AM

Jan 2017
"It's the people with nothing who can become the strongest."
Wow, nice words you have there, Elise.
Mar 9, 4:01 AM

Mar 2008
Juliane is pretty forgiving for how bad old Elise treated her in past.

Poor Juliane better not wind up alone.
Mar 9, 2:55 PM

Nov 2022
Great ep

I say ditch the dudes and become a yuri couple!
Mar 12, 4:29 PM

Nov 2009
We all know how bad personality the old Elise is.

But that's what happens to people if they're given near absolute power (in fact, you can see this in today's Real Life's "the rich" "the influencer" "the royal" "the politician" "the dictator"... it never changes). Which is why Elise doesn't want to become the Queen anymore and become a Doctor on Earth, so she can save people's life to atone for letting bunch of people die in her past life. (so yea... fuck the King and his Advisor for constantly pushing Elise into something she doesn't want)

Also, LOL @ Elise's expression when Julian asks

"in this weather?"

(・ᴗ・ ) [*thinking: mmm weather...*]

Julian is a nice girl, she deserve some happiness too. (she even forgive Elise for the horrible treatments she's got and now respects Elise)

I wonder if Elise is going to try and ship her toward the stupid Prince?... even tho the stupid Prince is now fallen for Elise... (he wasn't before as he ignored Elise for most parts and didn't look at her til the hospital incident, meaning, he's pretty much the trope "I fell for my savior" and not real love)

Elise x Julian = BFF

Hopefully it stays that way and isn't broken by others (family rivalry, the royalty, romantic targets, or other factors)
amlgMar 12, 4:48 PM
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
Mar 14, 4:31 AM

Jul 2017
Juliane realizing that she has both Elise and a casualty on the way, and thankfully, Daniel is carried to safety. But on a stormy night, Elise is forced to stay at the Child mansion until the storm subsides. The Order of the Imperial Rose's prestige given to Elise marks her as an honorary character within the nobles, and despite the fact that Elise's marriage to Linden is still in effect until she achieves her doctoral, the second life around proves more beneficial between both parties, reneging the conflict in the previous life. Her brother Albert...thinks the same way too.

Despite the high fever and cold, Juliane takes rather good care of Elise, and admits of their rather precarious and childish conflict in the past. But it's different now, and Elise earns Juliaine's respect this time. However, the nobles don't think the same way on who will become the crown prince, which they prefer Mikhail than Linden, and this undoubtedly will have severe consequences in the long run. For now, the relationship between Elise and Juliane has been repaired, and that's for the best, as compared to the concerns within the Clorience family about the Child family.

Smoothly, as friendships go.
Mar 17, 4:32 AM

Jun 2020
It's the people with nothing who can become the strongest. Yea good thoughts but like in this life you’re kind of have ever and people don’t know about your second life so that sentence means nothing
Mar 18, 3:47 PM

Jun 2015
I hope nothing happens to sour this budding friendship.
If you are going to disagree with me, don't bother talking to me. I will seriously hurt you!
Apr 1, 11:20 AM

Sep 2012
Reply to davidyodo24

@davidyodo24 i want to see series about their past rivalry, watch them brank each other lol
Apr 7, 12:39 PM

Feb 2009
More is revealed regarding Linden's relationship with Mikhail. It seems like Linden's negative attitude towards Elise in her past life may have been at least partly due to her close relationship with Mikhail at the time. Especially when he himself confirmed that he didn't really oppose the arranged marriage in the earlier episode (as he doesn't seem to care about who he marries). It doesn't seem like Mikhail was necessarily using Elise to wedge chaos between them though, or at least if he was, it wasn't the entirety of it granted we only see things from Elise's POV.
May 7, 12:01 AM

Aug 2019
i was assuming julianne would like poisno that tea or something but she wasnt actually sptieful, just a bit jealous.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

More topics from this board

» Medical accuracy

felixsifuri - Mar 27

4 by CarbonMD »»
May 31, 2:39 AM

» What are your thoughts about Julian (or Yulian)?

AngelMilky_15 - Dec 14, 2023

5 by CarbonMD »»
May 31, 2:22 AM

Poll: » Gekai Elise Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 27

57 by CarbonMD »»
May 31, 2:17 AM

» Should I watch this?

CarbonMD - Mar 18

35 by CarbonMD »»
May 31, 2:14 AM

Poll: » Gekai Elise Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 14

56 by KumaliaBlossom »»
May 28, 7:24 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.