Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Plunderer
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 29, 2020 8:28 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Heh, they're still goofing around with the food outfit. Thanks for the comedy, Licht.

I have to say though, Licht is a kind man at heart, even offering a doll for that little girl. Hina is cute as heck, of course the customers likes her. It didn't take long for Jail to find Licht and I'm not surprised. Licht facing off against Jail is a sight to see and they didn't waste time getting into the action.
Jan 29, 2020 9:35 AM

Apr 2016
Let me guess ... the mc-kun real number isnt 5700 .. isnt it. And he will oneshots the bad guy next week.

Is this whole show about people lying about their real number counts ?
Jan 29, 2020 9:49 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Lynn is just so kind haha Licht was great too but he's in a bad situation now
Jan 29, 2020 10:05 AM

Dec 2016
Swagernator said:

Syy stated this weeks ago in a very thorough video (obvious manga spoilers)

KimurahJan 29, 2020 10:15 AM
Jan 29, 2020 11:10 AM
Jul 2019
Man these townsfolk were really giving Mei such a hard time, I guess being too kind can be a bit problematic.....
So jail's count was way higher than Licth
Jan 29, 2020 11:14 AM

Jul 2009
Not usually my cup of tea when it comes to anime, a bit too heavy on the goofy comedy.
But the show reminds me of Trigun which was one of the first animes I ever watched on TVn (and more or less only) so kinda feelin nostalgic like towards it (^.^)
Jan 29, 2020 11:16 AM

Apr 2016
Kimurah said:

Syy stated this weeks ago in a very thorough video (obvious manga spoilers)

Like literally who ?
Jan 29, 2020 12:08 PM

Dec 2014
ok like why am I even watching this
Jan 29, 2020 1:06 PM
Dec 2019
Swagernator said:
Let me guess ... the mc-kun real number isnt 5700 .. isnt it. And he will oneshots the bad guy next week.

After the first episode I was wondering what kind of "twists" the show can do with this concept (when will the first person appear that holds more than one ballot to offset their counter?). Although this might be battle shounen in a nutshell, only this show is really blatant about it.

Gotta admit, was pretty funny when the bad guy removed his glove (though I'm sure it was supposed to be a tense scene). When Licht was wondering why everyone in this town was so stupid (think I'm paraphrasing :D), I asked myself the same question. You know that this guy is a wanted criminal? Does anyone even care?
Jan 29, 2020 1:19 PM
Dec 2019
Good ep, I didn't think a ballot would rise higher than 10,000.
Jan 29, 2020 1:29 PM

Oct 2010
This wasn't as bad as the previous episode but it wasn't really much better. Animation is still completely garbage. I swear it's like they got budget for 1-cour but decided to do 2-cour instead lol. I hate dropping stuff but without it being as bad as last week, I guess I might if next week isn't super interesting or super awful.
Jan 29, 2020 1:45 PM

Apr 2015
Gotta say that Lynn and Hina are both pretty adorable. Jail meets up with Licht and Jail is lying about his count He's really strong though... I wonder if Licht is lying as well about his own count.

So I am not really someone who nitpicks a lot, I am easily entertained, but the art is so damn inconsistent that it puts me off at times...
Jan 29, 2020 2:09 PM

Mar 2017
I really like this anime but I just wish the pacing was a little bit faster; there are some scenes that are unnecessarily long. I'm glad that they FINALLY explained about the Ballot Holders too!

I was wondering since last week why Licht was carrying around the huge spoon... well, now we know haha Looks like he's met his match... he's in some deep shit!
Jan 29, 2020 4:26 PM
Sep 2010
for anyone wondering the filler this week was the mini skirt fantasies and both scenes with Hina after the opening theme so when she becomes an employee and the forest scene.
anyone wondering wether or not to stick it out with this show should really try to get to episode 8 but next week's episode should be very good if the fight is well animated.
Jan 29, 2020 5:27 PM

Dec 2016
Ok. I'm starting to like this anime more and more. And characters are getting better "emanating" so I will change score from 6 to 7/10 (at least for now). :)

And I have a theory, we all remember how Hina original counter was unreal (in the sense that she could not walk such a long distance in presented short amount of time).
So what if she didn't really pass that number by herself only she got this number from her mother who sacrificed her counter because Hina's was approaching zero?
I mean, if you think about it she was a still a small kid when her mother "died" and small kids can't walk such long distances like adults and thanks to this episode and Nana now we know that counter can shrink by itself (at least that's how I understood this).
So maybe her mother seeing Hina's shrinking counter challenged her to a duel (as a play) and she intentionally gave up therefore transferring all numbers.
Manga recommendation:
- Spy x Family (Ch.98/? - biweekly) | Sakamoto Days (Ch.168/? - weekly)
- MARRIAGETOXIN (Ch.89/? - weekly)
- Make the Exorcist Fall in Love (Ch.66/? - biweekly)
- You and I Are Polar Opposites (Ch.55/? - biweekly)
Anime recommendation:
- Deca-Dence (Finished) | Wave, Listen to Me! (Finished)
- If My Favorite Pop Idol Made It to the Budokan, I Would Die (Finished)
- Diary of Our Days at the Breakwater (Finished)
Jan 29, 2020 6:53 PM

Nov 2011
I'm enjoying this anime. I think the score should be at least a 7 but I can see where people will get thrown off by this anime.

Animation is nice and they finally got around to explaining what Ballots do and why they are illegal.

They could have upped the fanservice a little bit, but I am looking forward to this anime getting a littlle more serious.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Jan 29, 2020 10:00 PM

Jul 2015
Lynn is nothing more than walking fanservice tool at this point and comedy and gags associated with her are cringy to say the least. Also, her distributing hand-drawn wanted posters like some damn leaflets, while there are already Licht's wanted posters hung around is silly.
Nothing makes sense about this woman. That might be just dreaded Mary Sue trope at play.

Also, Hina after learning how dangerous and punishable mere possession of bullat is:
Ima gonna pull this out in public and stare at it.

The amount of cringe and bullshit is abysmal and I can physically see it spilling out of my screen.
And don't even get me started on animation quality and distorted faces.

I'm gonna continue watching just because my standards are low enough.
PiromyslJan 30, 2020 3:38 AM

Jan 29, 2020 10:14 PM
Jan 2020
So this whole episode, people lie about their numbers. I really hope this story takes some good turn.
If it continues like this, then i might drop it.
Jan 29, 2020 10:35 PM

Mar 2019
Are we ever going to get anything from this anime, I mean I can see the potential but the execution is questionable..

welp at least we didn't get any rapey hands-thighs action this episode so that's a plus
Jan 30, 2020 2:53 AM

Feb 2019
Man, say what you will about the show being trashy, generic, rapey, whatever, I like this shit. All the girls are cute af, Hina is adorable, Licht is funny and the world is interesting. Plotholes or not, I'm digging it as one of my faves of the season
Jan 30, 2020 6:19 AM

Jul 2019
Spoiler alert just in case.

Another episode. For this one I can't say it was bad episode, I think it was okay episode, but there were 2 facts bothering me a bit.

1, We start with Hina looking for a legendary warrior, first 2 episodes follow her meeting with Licht and her 'confrontation' with the army. Hina has like 30 seconds in 3rd episode and 4th episode goes in very similar way. Why did we start with Hina anyway, when she's going on side tracks only after 2 episodes?

2, This episode is okay. New potential villain is introduced in decent way, I liked the introduction, I think it was done well. Problem for me is Lynn, not her personality, but: Well it's kinda like with Hina saving really, the girl Licht doesn't know, she is really kind person, this time she's trying to catch him and get promoted in army, but in the end Licht goes white knight and save her despite him not knowing her much. It felt really forced to show off Licht good persona and to artificially villainize the army guy ordering his men to attack her with Licht. I don't mind seeing characters saving people, who are kind and innocent, but I worry this trend's gonna go on and become cliché and annoying really fast.

I liked this episode more than 3rd episode, so I hope it's gonna improve.
Jan 30, 2020 6:39 AM

Mar 2019
Lynn is objectively the best character... unfortunately she's surrounded by a bunch of idiots making her character worse by association.
Jan 30, 2020 5:04 PM

May 2013
Jail saved the episode this week from becoming a boring mess once again, I have really seen enough of Lynn being an airhead seriously. Hina following Licht could spice things up soon so there is at least something to look forward to
Jan 30, 2020 7:07 PM
Sep 2019
it was ok kinda chessy but at least there was not as much fanservice as the last episode the series so far is a 6/10
Jan 30, 2020 11:43 PM

Jul 2017
By this time, Hina SHOULD'VE realized how bad it is in her stead to have a Ballot Holder, the only gift that's passed down from her deceased mum. In hindsight, Nana decides to support Hina and accrue resources to find Licht.

Back to Master Sergeant Lynn and Sergeant Pele, the uniform jokes just keep coming, and the Mr. Pudding a.k.a Licht joke that seems to drag on. But regardless, it's not supposed to be funny, but it is. The inspiration from Sora no Otoshimono playing risque here when it comes to the comedic, lewd stuff. It's even funnier that the townsfolk just followed EACH AND EVERY of Lynn's whelms, and Licht just fixes things like he would.

With First Lieutenant Jail, things get worse. After interrogating Hina and Nana, found him perchance, and immediately, the situation goes awry with the power balance very off. Licht is in BIG trouble...

The best of 4 episodes so far.
Jan 31, 2020 5:17 AM

Oct 2008
At last! someone who is on par with the MC!
4/5.

Jan 31, 2020 6:09 AM

May 2019
Jail and Licht's fight was very interesting. I wonder how he'll get out of this.

I'm starting to like this anime, I'm curious to see where it goes.

We don't know what kind of people we truly are until the moment before our deaths.
As death comes to embrace you, you will realise what you are.
That's what death is, don't you think?

------------------------------------
Itachi Uchiha
Jan 31, 2020 9:07 AM

Apr 2018
lmao Licht didn't see that coming
Feb 1, 2020 3:44 AM

Jan 2014
Swagernator said:

Let me say, Plunderer gets really good as it goes on and you'll be happy its 2 cour. When I saw a certain individual in the poster I was like "WAIT WE'RE GETTING TO THE INSANE TWIST?" Once we get out of the slow start and the plot starts picking up you'll see. I paused on the manga right after the 2nd twist not cause I wanted to, but cause I caught up to the english. I'll go back eventually, probably after I see how far the anime goes.
Watch Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha, you wont be disappointed. http://q.pokefarm.org/user/Uran10
Check out My Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEz0PrV3Vh-ksW0mzOWnnSQ

Feb 3, 2020 6:35 PM
Mar 2015
Too silly for words
Feb 3, 2020 9:24 PM

Aug 2016
Licht literally the only reason to watch. He’s so fucking cute. I bet he’s hiding his real number.
Feb 4, 2020 4:32 AM
Feb 2020
I loved it, I love Hina and think there is lots of room for character development, so not counting her out yet. She’s gonna learn how to use that Ballot (I think) and be pretty awesome. Also love Licht... crushing on an anime character yet again hahaha.
Feb 5, 2020 8:32 AM

Oct 2017
Wow that guy has more than double of Licht's count. I wonder how Licht will manage to escape now. Also wow I didn't see that coming, I thought he was strong but not that strong. For someone that strong to appear so soon to capture Licht was unexpected.
Feb 5, 2020 2:38 PM

Sep 2011
I can't take this shit seriously when all of their numbers are evenly rounded numbers. It's like the numbers were arbitrarily decided to show "my number > your number" instead of being well thought out.
Feb 14, 2020 3:36 PM

Feb 2018
Hmmm... look like he too strong xD.
Feb 14, 2020 7:22 PM
Aug 2016
As of now, its a above average anime and can be enjoyed as long as you don't expect too much and just watch as it develop its plot.
Feb 20, 2020 8:30 PM
Jan 2017
Is it just me or does the visual quality drop noticeably during comedy scenes? I get it, the animators need to save up money for the really important scenes, but they could have done a much better job at hiding it. Also, two questions. First, why would that girl leave that doll lying around? It's like she wanted it to get stepped on. Second, does the military have no problem starting a battle in the middle of a populated area? I'm guessing this will lead to some story about corruption in the military or something lame like that.

Once again, the action only picks up till the end of the episode. Jail reveals his true power and Licht says that now, he could be in real trouble. Wow, no kidding, Sherlock. This show really needs to step up its game.
Mar 6, 2020 9:48 PM

Jan 2013
What an episode! The whole Lynn scene was really great.

And that ending, damn! I feel kinda worried for him now...
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Mar 19, 2020 2:43 AM

Oct 2017
~|+~~~Nice~~~+|~

Apr 8, 2020 10:30 PM

Apr 2019
I haven't yet seen anything "that" bad that would get this anime to 6.17. Anyone mind telling me why this anime has to low rating?
And why does most episodes has such mixed opinions about 'em?
Rem is best girl
Jun 15, 2020 4:13 PM

Feb 2012
Still mediocre but it got better than the last 3 episodes.

「 To other people, I might not have changed at all, but I feel like I was able to change... 」

Jun 25, 2020 10:04 PM

Aug 2011
Great episode!

I like the new players coming into the game and 12500, yes, Licht you are in big trouble now. Looking forward to the next episode.

I'm really liking Lyne and her second in command is hilarious.
Jul 19, 2020 1:16 AM

Jul 2015
Wait Licht's costume wasn't made out of pudding?!? what else was a lie? his count too like Jail? what is reality....
I don't really understand what kind of help Nana and Hina want to provide to Licht seeing that they are not particulary strong or anything

Mar 6, 2021 8:11 PM
Aug 2020
Is it just me or is this Hina girl stupid? She's been clearly been told that having the ballot is illegal and puts her in danger yet she keeps getting it out in public places. Characters like this i wish get killed from the beginning
May 15, 2021 9:11 AM

Aug 2017
So Jail was hiding his real Count and that's why she's so OP. I wonder how Licht could survive now.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Feb 16, 2022 1:02 PM
Apr 2020
Loving the humor in this episode while it almost feels climatic, but not even close for the people chasing the ballot thief.
Feb 28, 2022 2:06 PM

Apr 2013
Kinda funny how people in this show have a built-in powerlevel display lol
Nov 29, 2022 5:45 AM
Dec 2013
I'm just here to say "IT'S OVER 9000!!!!"
Aug 6, 2023 9:52 AM
Jul 2023
Wow... It's been a while since I last watched, but lady 77's boobs are so big. This episode was so much filler. I can't believe there are 24 episodes to this series. I don't know if I can keep watching...
May 14, 10:29 PM
May 2024
was boring didnt care for story and i thought making the main character the pervy one was a bad idea better to use that for a side character

More topics from this board

» Such squandered potential.

LemonadeSamurai - Mar 5

21 by 1List2RuleThemAl »»
May 9, 10:43 PM

Poll: » Plunderer Episode 14 Discussion

Stark700 - Apr 15, 2020

43 by Garrett_Dark »»
Feb 14, 11:00 PM

Poll: » Plunderer Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 26, 2020

85 by Garrett_Dark »»
Feb 14, 4:53 PM

Poll: » Plunderer Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 8, 2019

195 by yourfav_r »»
Jan 10, 5:42 AM

Poll: » Plunderer Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 19, 2020

63 by vhowl »»
Nov 10, 2023 2:09 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.