Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 1, 2019 8:23 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
This episode was a really personal one for Katalina tbh. Considering that Vira was a close friend, clashing swords with her was not easy.

You can tell Vira is also suffering on the inside when fighting her. Probably the most emotional episode of this season so far.
Stark700Nov 1, 2019 9:41 AM
Nov 1, 2019 8:34 AM
Oct 2019
Yeah, that was fun. They managed the fighting and the emotional payoff well enough. Glad to see they actually come to terms and it wasn't just "beat Vira up and fix Primal Beast."

The fight was fun to watch. Moved around all over the island and into the sky, all the different fighting styles coming together. Levithan summon and using the water from that for lots of ice magic is a simple enough trick. Vira seemed unbeatable last episode, but they managed to get over it convincingly enough. Though it feels like there's overall low action in general this season thus far, at least it was satisfying.
Nov 1, 2019 9:15 AM

Apr 2010
Vira learned a few things and Katalina showed of her ability for self sacrifice.
It was an ok episode i guess.
Vira's feelings for Katalina where shown with her anger but in the end she lost to that anger.
Despite being in a rage she still saved her people tho.
Nov 1, 2019 10:22 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Very touching episode I cried MAIR2, poor Katalina :'(((( I love this anime so much especially the opening 10/10
Nov 1, 2019 11:21 AM

Mar 2019
ABSOLUTELY AWESOME EPISODE FOR AN ABSOLUTELY INSANE SHOW OMAGAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAD IT WAS THE POINT CULMINANT I CRIED OVER AND OVER MY ROOM IS FILLED WITH TEARS FOR KALINA WOM IS THE BEST CHARACTER EVER CREATED IN THE WORLD
125.56655E+64/10 SHOW UNFORGETTABLE
Nov 1, 2019 12:14 PM

Sep 2014
Thanks for the free sword Chev also Vira was really badass this episode wew.
Vira whispering to Gran before leaving hehe.
Looking forward to ghost waifu, unless it's a filler but that'd be weird.
Nov 1, 2019 12:44 PM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Damm Vera's gone full berserk which when combined with her single minded determination to be with Katalina made her a powerful foe. The teamwork between in the team in making use of Leviathan and their own attacks sure was impressive. While strong Vira's primal beast was vulnerable to sustained attacks. The dual between Katalina and Vira using their own strength sure proved to be insightful as it allowed both to vent out the feelings that both had hidden until now. In the end im glad that Katalina was able to bring Vira back to reality with her words and actions. At the same time it was also good that Vira's forced isolation was also removed thanks to Lyria as this will allow her to see the world that lay outside the island while also allowing her to atone for the damage done to the island and to the trust her people had in her. Overall an excellent ep that managed to not only show the real reason for Vira's obsession but also end it in perhaps the best way possible while also gaining Gran and the team a valuable new ally.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 1, 2019 5:50 PM

Dec 2015
Finally the crazy-psycho-lesbian-bitch arc is over. That lasted way too long, honestly. It should have been shortened down a couple episodes.
Nov 2, 2019 12:38 AM

Mar 2018
Gran was pretty much useless this ep lmao
Vira is some huge ass Yandere ngl

Was the incantation of Io for her spell or for Leviathan? Usually Lyria doesn't need such big incantations for her summons does she?

Vira was pretty epic
The way she fought with those little drones was amazing and good to see that the freakin Empire was shot down in the first minute

Wonderful to see that Vira is now free
Not displeased that she's not on-board for now tho xD
Rosetta continuing to be the Observer

“I don’t like expending more effort than I have to.” – Ayanokouji Kiyotaka
Nov 2, 2019 4:39 AM

Aug 2013
Vira is one hell of an yandere lol. But glad it all worked out for our heroes in the end. Excited to see what next episode will be about!
Nov 2, 2019 7:21 AM

Jun 2019
That was an enthralling episode. I admire Catalina & think she's a good addition to the crew. That fight and the destruction that Luminera caused was awesome. I thought Vira was going to go all out psycho, wasn't expecting her to be redeemed so thoroughly, but nice to see for Catalina.

I get that Vira has romantic feelings for Catalina, but wasn't quite sure from what we saw whether Catalina reciprocates those feelings or not? Sometimes she came across as a close personal friend and other times like she knew what Vira felt for her and returned those feelings, like at the end "until the next time Vira...".

Anyone know from other source material whether Catalina is interested in men or women?

The OP for Granblue is amazing, my top for this season & one of my all time favourites.
Nov 2, 2019 8:01 AM

Jul 2015
It was nice to see Katalina and Vira finally having through talk with eachother and setting things right.
Was kinda hoping this arc will be longer.
But the questions is, is the party still wilk be chased by empire, if they have nullified the pact?

I'm also wondering what is Black CGI Knight up to. Hope she will make her move next episode.

Nov 2, 2019 9:50 AM
Sep 2012
can we all take a moment and applaud Asami Imai for yet again nailing it?

she makes this story arc 250000 times better
Nov 2, 2019 9:52 AM

Apr 2017
Definitely best ep of the anime for now.

The fight was pretty cool and the soundtrack too was beautiful.
Nov 2, 2019 12:31 PM
Jul 2019
Man that Vira vs katalina thing was nothing more than a jilted yuri love..
Nov 2, 2019 9:55 PM
Jan 2016
Awesome episode!

Really awesome fight, and their teamwork to defeat Vira in berserk mode was wonderful!

It was more focused on Katalina and Vira's feels, their sword clashing to resolve their feels was really emotional, i am glad Lyria managed to fix Lumiere to let Vira leave her island and still have sopirit powers!

looking forward next episodes, and hope we can get more Vira!
Nov 2, 2019 10:55 PM

Feb 2014
Aww so this is farewell to Vira. Hope she appears soon.
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Nov 2, 2019 11:40 PM

Oct 2008
I have a thing for strong hot girls!
i wanna let Lady Vira to step on me and be beaten-up many times by her! lolz
5/5.
and be verbally abused by Imai Asami!
matias067Nov 2, 2019 11:45 PM

Nov 3, 2019 11:45 AM

May 2016
Yep, this happened exactly the way I predicted.

The Empire attacks the city, Vira destroys them all without any trouble, Gran escapes with Katalina but they go back in order to stop Vira, they manage to take away Vira's power, she and Katalina have their big fight, and of course Katalina gets wounded in a last ditch effort to wake Vira up. But it doesn't matter, everything works out in the end and the crew happily sails away to their next adventure. And of course, nobody calls out Gran for how stupidly he handled the situation.

Ugh, I have to honest here. Much as I like this anime this arc was just way too predictable. I was practically rolling my eyes as it went on. Season 1 wasn't perfect but it managed to keep everything fresh and it brought back what I loved about the early Final Fantasy games and it wasn't as melodramatic as the later games were. I really do hope the next arc isn't written like this.
"You talk too much. Think too much."
"I don't care how justified you think your reasons are. I won't tolerate liars or thieves."
"If you're not going to be nice to me, don't expect me to be nice to you."
"I'm a soldier, not a superhero. Don't ever think of me as one."
"The world doesn't revolve around you. Get that through your thick skull."
"People who live by their emotions go nowhere in their lives. They only find misery.
"If you don't like the way your life is than do something about it instead of sitting there feeling sorry for yourself."
"You want something go get it. Period."
Nov 3, 2019 1:46 PM

Sep 2013
Nice action and needed more of it, the low quality art style would be more tolerable then.
Nov 3, 2019 4:50 PM

Jan 2011
great episode, besides the primal's first time we get a proper showcase of what a more powerful character abilities are capable of, on the other hand it's silly af that Gran is still in his base Job it just looks like he isn't growing at all but at the same time still able to handle any foe.
Nov 4, 2019 5:10 AM
Mar 2012
Nice teamwork action, how Katalina & shorty used ice, & Leviathan. And interesting how Lyria only removed the seal so Vira's free.
Been waiting for anyone to join Gran's ship but eh ok Vira stays, guess we'd wait longer.
Nov 4, 2019 5:16 AM

Apr 2015
This season is much better than the first overall, the first season was boring and this season is much more enjoyable.
Nov 5, 2019 7:45 AM

Feb 2017
great team play and coreography but the drawing quality a lil bit bad at some point (ep 4 too).
so is haloween special included in 13 ep length or just a special broadcast outside the actual 13 ep length? lets see

MAL score and most user-based rating system are all joke, Imagine trusting plebs and hivemind. Find users who have good sense and rating and use them as a reference. Check my guide to rate
Your taste is trash. Cope, seethe, mald
Nov 6, 2019 5:54 AM

Jan 2019
Does anybody else love Vira or is it just me?
Nov 9, 2019 11:08 AM

Jul 2008
Water-sama said:

No one who stabs Katalina through her stomach deserves to live.
Jan 16, 2020 8:38 PM

Feb 2014
No surprises that this was a predictable outcome.

Also, in the end, Katalina went away anyways lol everything was kind pointless for Vira except that she is now somehow free.

I never thought Katalina would annoy me but she managed to do it, surprisingly.
TechOtakuJan 16, 2020 8:47 PM
Jan 16, 2020 8:50 PM

Feb 2014
WolfWood37 said:
Water-sama said:

Are you not implying Vira deserves to die, right? RIGHT?!

Jan 16, 2020 9:25 PM

Jul 2008
Vi- said:
WolfWood37 said:

Are you not implying Vira deserves to die, right? RIGHT?!

A horrifically painful death.
Feb 9, 2020 7:09 PM

Apr 2016
Okay, what is up with the inconsistencies?

In the prior episode, we saw Eugen shooting multiple rounds from his musket without reloading. Yet, here he is, reloading it as if it was a single shot musket.

In the prior episode, it was established that Vira - through her pact with Luminiera - was unable to leave the island (presumably because Luminiera loses power the further away from the island you go or something). Yet, in this episode, Viera is twenty miles away from the island and shooting full power laser beams at the Grandcypher.
Mar 23, 2020 4:09 PM

Apr 2012
B-A-S-E-D

Vira's frenzy is over and all is well that ends well.

The pacing of this season is pretty great, but with that we're already almost half way through the season, shame this isn't two-cour.
Apr 8, 2020 2:26 PM

Oct 2012
Really hate characters like Vira, dont think for herself for a second just one sided going "i need her" "i want to be there for her" without really caring about anyone else then her own view of Katalina, not listening to any1 just to be a boring stereotypical villain without any depth what so ever. Almost dropp worthy at times
Oct 26, 2020 2:15 PM
Jan 2017
i just realized that this season in particular is cringe af, well i will complete it maybe i will change my mind
Dec 21, 2020 1:50 AM

Jul 2015
Great fight and glad they actually managed to get on terms by conveying their emotions instead of the usual defeating her changes her mind you often see in other anime. Kinda sad that the crazy yandere Vira didn't join the crew, would have spiced some situations up ^‿^

Feb 14, 2021 10:45 AM

Oct 2008
Ok, didn't understand why Vira got the poor sacrifice treatment. Why enter the succession tournament if you have no intention of being the successor, there were plenty others who wanted to be the successor. Katalina should have just told that dude in ep3 that she doesn't want to be successor and it would have prevented all of this.
Mar 25, 2021 2:16 PM

Sep 2012
Vi- said:
No surprises that this was a predictable outcome.

Also, in the end, Katalina went away anyways lol everything was kind pointless for Vira except that she is now somehow free.

I never thought Katalina would annoy me but she managed to do it, surprisingly.

well she got over her mental issue about it that's the point
Dec 16, 2021 9:58 AM

Nov 2007
I was hoping that they would animate this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7v-MbfiJDjQ

This has been my favorite arc so far. I enjoyed it a lot.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Granblue Fantasy The Animation Season 2 Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 4, 2019

66 by Kiikani »»
May 22, 2:27 PM

Poll: » Granblue Fantasy The Animation Season 2 Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 27, 2019

43 by TheSekiryuutei »»
Aug 3, 2023 8:00 AM

» What made this cygames adaptation flop that others didnt

cunnylicious - Apr 19, 2023

1 by official_brown »»
Apr 21, 2023 6:40 AM

Poll: » Granblue Fantasy The Animation Season 2 Episode 3 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 18, 2019

31 by NwAurion »»
Jun 21, 2021 2:33 PM

» Will this anime spoil the plot of the game for me?

Rojaseb - Jun 3, 2021

2 by Rojaseb »»
Jun 4, 2021 5:37 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.