Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 17, 2018 9:20 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Well this got serious fast.

From this first episode, we got conflicts involving science that may potentially change their world. There's a mixture of sci-fi and and action mixed together in terms of the presentation. We're also introduced to Sarah in the beginning. I honestly don't find the CG bad.

The episode was pretty tense and sets up for rest of the season. I want to see more.
Oct 17, 2018 10:26 AM

Jun 2014
Where can this be watched?
Oct 17, 2018 1:16 PM
Dec 2017
Can't find it on horriblesubs or nyaa.si
Oct 17, 2018 3:00 PM
Oct 2015
Maruhai said:
The whole series will be uploaded to Netflix outside of Japan in November.
Oct 18, 2018 9:09 AM
Mar 2018
DAxeKay said:
Horriblesubs don't sub, they just rip the RAW and subs from the site that its airing on. e.g. crunchyroll,amazon prime etc. but unfortunately there isnt a real work around for netflix yet so subs usually come late from fansubbers or copied from netflix when available and used on pre-existing RAWs. fansubbing is kinda dead except for popular shows currently, you'll probably have to wait a week for some meh subs and then a month for the actual release.
Oct 19, 2018 7:40 AM

Apr 2015
I listened to Tessellate and In Cold Blood too many times to be invested in those being theme songs to this. Jarring. They don't fit the atmosphere of the Ingress franchise neither.

Visually quite good, CG is competent, though while the faces are constructed well they don't move well enough.

The smartphone shit feels tacky tbh, the video game elements don't mesh well with the generic dark SF setting.

I think a lot of MALers will hate the male MC when they see him. Chemistry between the MCs is surprisingly good, but it's inexplicable, sudden and anime cliche-ish.
Oct 19, 2018 8:02 PM

Jul 2017
First things out of the way: from the company that make Pokemon Go, this is their first work BEFORE Pokemon Go, and you can definitely see the AR like felt feel, which was implicated by the ED.

Craftar has this hands down with the competent CG that felt like an inferior Houseki no Kuni, but it's by no means bad.

And...shit got real fast as the intro to the dense MC who has no flair for danger and knowing to save someone is a lot to swallow, but let's see how this goes.

So XM is like a psychological drug, nice to see how this will progress.
Oct 21, 2018 8:35 AM

May 2017
Basically XM is like Banana Fish, this show had a lot of vibes to it, it felt like I'm watching RErideD, Matrix, Hell Boy etc. Really weird
Oct 21, 2018 3:03 PM
Aug 2018
ingress is recomended?
Oct 22, 2018 7:23 PM

Nov 2016
Wasn't too bad, but this seems like your typical train wreck.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Oct 22, 2018 8:27 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
DAxeKay said:
64BitRatchet said:
Maruhai said:
It's available in Netflix Japan now.....If you have a VPN you can watch the entire series right now
Oct 22, 2018 10:45 PM
Jun 2017
Hmmm!!! Well i like the first episode as it already shown some conflicts and what the story is all about... im going to watch this one
Oct 23, 2018 2:25 AM
Apr 2016
Well, the out of place American rap and over the board "Matrix" combat are definitely not shaping the series up well... but we will see where it gets from there.
Re:formed
Oct 23, 2018 2:49 AM

Dec 2016
Mehh.. Not worth watching but yety not HORRIBLE
Signature removed. Please have a positive iq.
Oct 23, 2018 4:20 AM

Nov 2010
KANLen09 said:

Craftar has this hands down with the competent CG that felt like an inferior Houseki no Kuni, but it's by no means bad.

Everything CG will look worse than HnK, not because HnK was that great, but everything in the show was build for it being fully CG. The Backgrounds, the characters even the 'monsters' all played to the strength of CG and comparing that to an anime that tries to put the real world into CG is kind of an apple / oranges thing.

Btw i found some subs but the stuff was worse than google translate, so non japanese speakers will probably have to wait.
Oct 23, 2018 8:53 AM

Jul 2017
Lots of conflicts, lots of tension.

CG wasn't great but I can live with this. It was fine.

Overall, not a bad start.
Oct 23, 2018 9:36 AM
Apr 2016
zwolf12 said:
KANLen09 said:

Everything CG will look worse than HnK, not because HnK was that great, but everything in the show was build for it being fully CG. The Backgrounds, the characters even the 'monsters' all played to the strength of CG and comparing that to an anime that tries to put the real world into CG is kind of an apple / oranges thing.

Btw i found some subs but the stuff was worse than google translate, so non japanese speakers will probably have to wait.

Yes, this subtitle group had better perish before I get around to actually shoving their noses into their "hard work".
Re:formed
Oct 24, 2018 7:26 AM

Apr 2015
wait a minute... Ingress is that Mobile AR Game right??

The successor predecessor of Pokemon Go right??

H-How can it get an anime adaptation?? How??
michaelh19Oct 24, 2018 11:26 PM
Oct 24, 2018 10:32 PM

Mar 2009
michaelh19 said:

The successor of Pokemon Go right??

No. It came BEFORE Pokémon Go, from what I understood (since it was mentioned that Pokémon Go used Ingress' game engine (or something to that effect).
So it wouldn't be a successor. It's a predecessor.

Daniel_Naumov said:
zwolf12 said:

Yes, this subtitle group had better perish before I get around to actually shoving their noses into their "hard work".

The sub's were god awful! Headache inducing!
I've got dyslexia, so that broken English if REALLY distracting to try and read. I hope I can find some proper sub's soon. If I felt like being attacked verbally by the subbers, I would go to their FB page and tell them what I think.
I don't know WHY people who can't at least form a proper sentence (or at least attempt to TRY to do so), in a certain language: why they think they can sub things in that language!
Even with my dyslexia, I make effort (I do have punctuation and grammar issues, but at least I'm MOSTLY understandable when I type things out) to make what I am saying understood.
Oct 24, 2018 11:25 PM

Apr 2015
windeen-windy said:
michaelh19 said:

The successor of Pokemon Go right??

No. It came BEFORE Pokémon Go, from what I understood (since it was mentioned that Pokémon Go used Ingress' game engine (or something to that effect).

Ah yes. That's what i mean. It came before Poke GO. lol

i don't really good at English Vocabulary and stuff
Oct 24, 2018 11:30 PM

Mar 2009
michaelh19 said:
windeen-windy said:

Ah yes. That's what i mean. It came before Poke GO. lol

i don't really good at English Vocabulary and stuff

It's ok ^_^ You're better than a lot I've met.
Nov 24, 2018 11:42 AM
Sep 2014
Good first ep, is moving really fast so I’m a bit confused but it’s only ep 1, I’m sure it will all be explained in the next 10 eps. I was really excited and surprised to hear alt-j at the end with the end-theme. Love that song man lol.
Nov 24, 2018 11:44 AM
Sep 2014
Tokoya said:
DAxeKay said:
64BitRatchet said:
It's available in Netflix Japan now.....If you have a VPN you can watch the entire series right now
Netflix blocks vpns, or at least on mobile they do.
Nov 25, 2018 6:35 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
sluys said:
Tokoya said:
Netflix blocks vpns, or at least on mobile they do.
Not Express VPN, that's what I've been using for months now
Mar 26, 2019 2:11 AM

May 2012
Really wasn't sure what to expect and still ain't from an anime based on a game like Ingress. Still interesting that a story was even made around this concept, but the complete CGI characters really makes it pretty meh for me. Sure this made it a lot easier and cheaper probably, but still a bit of a shame as I do think a proper drawn animation set might have worked better.

Still do wonder what kind of story this series will show and in general I do hope they can amaze me down the line.
May 2, 2019 1:19 PM

Jul 2013
I did not think I'd live to see the day Alt-J was used in an anime
May 5, 2019 7:40 PM

Jan 2015
bledsoe60 said:
I did not think I'd live to see the day Alt-J was used in an anime

You and me both...
May 10, 2019 5:46 AM

Jul 2016
FMmatron said:

Isn't the connotation of train wreck somewhat positive though? It's when the plot goes so off the rails that the show becomes a spectacle that you have to tune in to. I can't imagine this game commercial would actually do anything fun with the story.
All you can hope for in your worldview is consistency
May 10, 2019 5:55 AM

Nov 2016
EsotericDesign said:
FMmatron said:

Isn't the connotation of train wreck somewhat positive though? It's when the plot goes so off the rails that the show becomes a spectacle that you have to tune in to. I can't imagine this game commercial would actually do anything fun with the story.

It's surely fascinating to witness how terrible a series can get.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Aug 23, 2022 2:23 AM
Jan 2020
Wow, this is legitely the best looking full CGI Anime with human characters.

Even the anime community's golden boy Studio Orange is not this good when it comes to human characters

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ingress the Animation Episode 4 Discussion

Rod_Russ - Nov 27, 2018

3 by jiajia »»
Jun 14, 2023 1:16 AM

Poll: » Ingress the Animation Episode 11 Discussion

Rod_Russ - Nov 30, 2018

14 by OG_Otaku »»
Feb 26, 2023 9:21 PM

» subs for Ingress the Animation

Chaiwallah - Nov 13, 2018

11 by KasaiKoori »»
Feb 7, 2023 10:06 AM

» Mobile Game

BoosterGold - Apr 7, 2018

15 by tauei48 »»
Dec 10, 2022 3:12 AM

Poll: » Ingress the Animation Episode 3 Discussion

KANLen09 - Oct 23, 2018

5 by Ronninn »»
Aug 23, 2022 3:23 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.