Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Mar 4, 2011 12:46 PM

Jul 2010
Kiyama's intentions are honest, but her ways to try and save them cross the line.
The biggest enemy is that old scientist Kihara Gensei. All that just to make a level 6. For the people who have watched Index; we know this leads to the Sister cloning program with Accelerator later on.

So Uiharu's power is being able to keep things at a constant temperature huh? I saw some people speculate it was the flowers growing out of her head, but seems it isn't. Misaka's disguise was a little too much imo. xD

Apr 16, 2011 6:19 AM

Feb 2011
i hope the children would be really save this time so kiyama sensei would not resort again into any harmful way :)

and i think that dream of kuroko is a little over bit ^^;;
May 14, 2011 7:32 AM

Nov 2010
ohhh, uiharu just got to my nerves she's so annoying, it's natural to suspect anyone that might seem related, it's dumb and illogical not to do so, it's just making your emotions take over.. sucks
Jul 3, 2011 9:11 AM
Jul 2010
I'm sooo glad Tokiwadai Middle School makes the students wear uniforms even in their days off. Because seriously, Mikoto's sense of fashion is even worse than I thought xD

Anyway, Uiharu keeps being annoying and while I'm glad that Saten told her to "Cut the crap out!", I still think someone should slap her.

This episode actually managed to surprise me. I was pretty sure Telestina was the culprit and I still think she has something to do with what's happening but the reason for the Poltergeist incidents seemed clear here...
Dec 15, 2011 1:09 PM

May 2011
this is getting very interesting
Apr 19, 2012 4:55 PM

Dec 2011
Someone slaps Uiharu please.
Aug 18, 2012 8:48 PM

Apr 2012
I loved Misaka's "disguise" and Kuroko's very intense dream.

As for the rest of the episode, a lot of exposition here with the full connection to the Level Upper arc made clear. Also, we finally hear what Uiharu's esper power is and it was... well, a little lame; but then again she is only a Level 1 - it could be a lot more useful and interesting if she were ever to power up. And, speaking of Uiharu, I am glad that Saten told her to "cut that crap out" because some needed to say something to her.
Feb 2, 2013 12:49 AM

Jan 2013
Pretty good epsiode
Feb 5, 2013 9:35 AM

May 2012
Awesome development with an even more awesome pace in story! Great episode I must say they're really doing a good job with building it up for the last episode it seems!
Mar 22, 2013 3:33 AM

Sep 2012
Ohh, now it all connects...
And that Kihara...
onepineMar 22, 2013 3:44 AM
May 6, 2013 2:29 PM

Apr 2012
Kiyama-sensei is back, huehuehuehue~
That moment Kiyama and Telestina were staring down each other, mhhh~

DNF said:
Now we have the fact that Uiharu is useless:

Yep.
May 27, 2013 4:53 AM

Jun 2009

Thank you for saying what we were all thinking. Jesus christ Uiharu is going to give me an aneurysm.
Jun 19, 2013 10:52 PM
Jan 2013
francismeunier said:

At least we know how Accelerator might be crazy......those crystal things messed him up good.

Well, there's that, or there's the fact that he's killed 10,000 human beings...
I don't know if anyone's mentioned this, but I wonder if Misaka was the original sample... from something said in Index...
Your mean should be an even bell curve only if you watch every show that comes out. Having a high-slung mean doesn't mean you're rating improperly. It can also mean you're selecting shows well to watch mostly things you enjoy.
Sep 22, 2013 6:09 AM

Dec 2010
Kiyama-sensei, the eternal not-much-of-a-villain.
Sep 23, 2013 6:10 AM

Sep 2011
This arc is freaking awesome!

And Uiharu's power is actually very convenient... LOL
Sep 28, 2013 9:19 PM

Dec 2012
Woah woah woah, Kuroko's nighttime fantasies are on a whole new level of madness! I understand Uiharu's sentiment but she's been pretty annoying this episode, looking into and suspecting someone doesn't mean you hold anything against that person. Better to explore all possibilities than to live in denial. Things have finally come together and it looks like the main event is coming up. I'm still suspicious of Telestina though, I have a feeling she has hidden motives.
Oct 17, 2013 9:13 AM

Nov 2011
5/5

Interesting episode, although not addictive. Narrative pathos is almost zero, perhaps due to the calmness of the context. Drawing manitene that its peculiarity with ups and downs. Animations good!
Small fragments of comedy rendon less tense history!
Telestina does not convince me, Harumi fight! Yeah! * _ *
Oct 19, 2013 10:37 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
When she was younger back in that bank robbery didn't Uiharu teleport outside the closed building. Maybe she did that without her knowing and to this point forgot about her other power unless Kuroko did that but I doubt Kuroko knew about teleport back than.

Dec 6, 2013 10:40 AM
Feb 2013
SweetKotomi said:
When she was younger back in that bank robbery didn't Uiharu teleport outside the closed building. Maybe she did that without her knowing and to this point forgot about her other power unless Kuroko did that but I doubt Kuroko knew about teleport back than.

Kuroko teleported her. She said she could teleport others but not herself yet back then.
Jan 3, 2014 10:58 AM

Nov 2012
arghh.. uiharu start make me boring.. :/
someone slap her :v
oh her power is not really cool :o
I wonder how she will make up with kuroko :3
Apr 21, 2014 7:19 PM

May 2012
I really like Misakas character but in this seires half the time shes either completely oblivious to everything or just making stupid choices, made me feel so bad about Kiyama.

Truly, comparisons between fellow humans are what turn out to be the most infuriating.
May 10, 2014 3:16 PM

Jan 2013
Oookay am I the only one who thinks that, that woman head of stuff is too suspicious?
May 14, 2014 7:05 PM

Jan 2013
Congrats to Uiharu for being useless again.Misaka why?Just why did you let that bit** take the kids,you can't trust her...
So those experiments were supposed to give result to how upgrade to lvl 6....
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Jul 30, 2014 6:50 PM

Aug 2013
That episode was really heartbreaking. Misaka had a really hard choice to make : on one side, there was a woman who try to redempt herself by saving the children but harm the citizens of the city and could even bring its destruction, on the other side, a woman who is clearly suspicious and don't know much about, but that visibly have access to better information and equipment. Seeing Kiyama get destroyed was hurtful :(

Uihara capacity is so useless xD
Seriously, I'm trying to wonder what the level 5 of that power would be... x)

So I was totally wrong about Haruue. The fact that the poltergeist only happened around her is only because of the AIM reaction. Kiyama probably only tested her experiment on Edasaki, hence the telepathy/telepathy connection (like what we saw on the compatibility scheme). That mean that if she had tested it on other comatoses child, the poltergeist would be around other child error.
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Aug 11, 2014 3:14 PM

Dec 2013
porkypink said:
Couldn't stop laughing at this scene.

Same rofl
Aug 28, 2014 2:21 PM

May 2014
It's time for the CLIMAX! Next episode will be a heavy-plot episode. Looking forward to it!
Apr 7, 2015 9:02 AM
Oct 2011
Maximatum99 said:
francismeunier said:
[/spoiler] I object! Uiharu made me happy here from a previous episode=>

So why useless...if she can make people laugh I say it's good. How can bash a nice character like her that can be cute.......well I am *_* stunned by people hating her.
I got to agree with Jumperboy. She was good from the beginning of the series but now it just feels like a different director took over. Instead of being cute, she's just fucking useless, annoying and lame. This spin-off filler series better end with a bang. 2 episodes left to make up for it.

Oh, and that gif sort of sums up how annoying she has become thus far. Hey, if you like her, that's great.
Annoying? Yes. Useless and lame? HELL NO! While her being mad at Kuroko for supecting her friend is utottaly uncalled for, (even though I understand the root of her emotion, it doesn't justify her behavior) she is still working hard at her job despite that, and we have yet to see that her emotions, as misplaced as they are, have gotten in the way of her job. So While I will grant you she is being annoying saying that ALSO makes her useless and lame is unjustified.
Apr 7, 2015 9:04 AM
Oct 2011
KazeFalcon said:
stupid arc.wish they could replace this arc with the sisiters arc instead of giving us all the useless fillers >.<
Also word of god has declared this arc cannon.
Jan 22, 2016 2:26 AM

Mar 2015
Kuroko experiencing orgasm was the best, hahaha XD

This is getting interesting again.
Mar 11, 2016 1:29 PM

Mar 2015
Ugh another episode that made me hate Uiharu.

Justice is about fairness. Either that's someone you know or a crazy guy on a street, you should not close your eyes.

Kiyama-sensei is back! I love how she trembled when Misaka told her about the telepathy.

That glasses woman looked suspicious as fuck.

That doctor from Index made another return...

Feb 5, 2017 11:49 PM

Dec 2013
Stripper lady has returned! Explanation with bail felt convenient.

For some reason I really like that doctor. Not sure why.
Mar 22, 2017 8:44 PM

Aug 2013
Wow you've never told Mikoto and Kuroko but you're fine with someone you just met.. such a great friend *applause*.

I like that doctor lol and Kuroko's lewd dream lmao.
Jun 27, 2017 12:02 PM

Mar 2013
Lol doctor frog is back.
And I'm glad to see Kiayama again. I like her character.
Dec 15, 2017 11:21 AM

Apr 2013
Oh, stripper lady is back. And the god doctor as well, now what could possibly go wrong with those two? xD
Jan 14, 2018 1:26 PM

Sep 2017
100% that "disguise" is what Misaka would wear every day if she didn't care about being seen

The amount of plot content vs comedy/character moments is about right for being this close to the end of the first season. However Kuroko still manages to be the best for comedic value even in her sleep
Feb 7, 2018 9:08 AM

Sep 2012
Memor said:

To be honest I think Misaka made the right decision - Telestina did say she could find the data that Kiyama had been looking for, which could help the kids out.

nope she did the wrong decision, she handed the kids over to the antagonist & new she has to clean up the mess she created

i smelled antagonist on her sins first time i so her in the end of that EP where Kiyama was arrested
Sugram22Feb 7, 2018 9:12 AM
May 20, 2018 7:52 AM

Jul 2015
Well, now we know Uiharu's power, at least she wont suffer from the food not being the temperature she wants.
Dec 24, 2018 11:22 PM

Dec 2014
to think the plot of child errors continue...hmmm
Jan 26, 2019 8:42 AM

Aug 2017
It's very selfish that Uiharu never told about her ability to their friends but yes to a generic girl. At least, her power is so fucking useless like her.

The rest of the episode is very good. We know more about Kiyama's role in the Poltergeist incident and the reason of the experimentation with the kids.

That scene with Kuroko dreaming is funny lmao.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Feb 9, 2020 12:05 PM

Sep 2018
It seems that everything has been revealed, but the accounts do not return, it was all too easy and without any problems whatsoever, there is something underneath. The narrative managed to keep attention high and the episode was engaging. Has Kiyama been defeated again? Who knows! Doctor Gekota is back to show up again, eheheheh!
Apr 18, 2020 5:12 AM

Aug 2018
Hm.. I wonder, if the things that hears Haruue are actually true.. I mean, maybe even if it appears that children are asleep, in coma, or something.. It's unusual coma, right?.. Maybe they indeed are suffering and are waiting to be saved?.. I wonder, if this anime is actually going to mercy kill topic.. Or even if not.. Would it be better to not make them suffer, but just kill them, if they indeed suffer?.. At least Haruue says that she's getting telepathic messages from her old friend with saying "it hurts" and "save me".. That's actually very dark..
"Mado scientisto!" Sanofubeatch! Well, only it seems that this mad scientist is actually an evil one this time..
It seems that this sweet color finding might be related to that woman's espers powers, maybe.. Something like manipulating or seeing future, or maybe just teleportation, or something.. Can be a lot of things..
Uiharu's powers are actually being able to keep temperature the same with things?.. Understood.. Wonder, if it'll come in handy soon..
lol, what is Kuroko dreaming about at 11:50.. ;P
Isn't Kiyama driving the same car?.. She must be loving this model.. I mean, old car got destroyed and she got one of the same model?..
Damn, story got intense this episode.. Not sure, how they'll be able to solve such situation in 2 episodes.. Don't really expect them to do this so quickly.. Maybe get another evil guy or something - this woman, probably.. But maybe not awaken children or catch that evil mad scientist.. Well, will see, I guess.. And yeah, Haruue was indeed just registering waves, just as I guessed.. Well, unless more info comes up..
Jul 25, 2020 11:55 AM

May 2016
Idk why Misaka doesn't say she will help Kiama in that situation she definitely needs help.
Oct 28, 2020 9:45 AM

Dec 2016
lol Uihara's skill is so fucking useless xdd
May 11, 2021 12:51 PM
Sep 2020
Nice episode , lots information came and there wlll be action next episode !!
Jun 3, 2022 5:30 AM
Oct 2019
Uiharu ability did what?
So it's a Portable Microwave? Lmao

It's all back to Kiyama.
Ohh Frog Doctor is working with her as well...
Oct 23, 2022 2:35 AM

Dec 2020
Misaka was so annoying this ep being oblivious once again going in gung ho on the fast track placing blame. This plus uiharas attitude was just a major eye roll. But at the same time I keep forgetting these are literal children and they will act like it.
Nov 29, 2023 4:54 AM

Nov 2023
Uihara you are very cute
May 18, 11:28 AM
Jan 2023
Oh my, so it is her, the stripper, she's back. Seems this is all over Level 6 experiments too, that's how the children ended up the way they did.

Her reaction to when hearing about the new girl who can hear the voice of her friend, wow. Seems that's giving her ideas or something. Well, we'll see.
May 24, 2:05 AM
Apr 2022
Reply to kewenji
lol Uihara's skill is so fucking useless xdd
@kewenji It's really not useless since she's the computer person in the group. She can overclock that sh*t to like a million percent and it doesn't get a degree above room temp
May 27, 2:17 PM

Jan 2012
Eh, Kuroko-san, what's so good in Misaka? Overgrown baby, natural born watchdog who is there to conserve everything forever, and dumb as log yet powerfull. People like that meh in all way
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Railgun Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Proselyt - Jan 29, 2010

166 by Guren_Der »»
May 22, 8:17 AM

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Railgun Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

removed-user - Mar 19, 2010

373 by whitebeartigtig »»
May 18, 12:37 PM

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Railgun Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

removed-user - Mar 12, 2010

213 by whitebeartigtig »»
May 18, 11:53 AM

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Railgun Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

removed-user - Feb 26, 2010

147 by whitebeartigtig »»
May 18, 11:05 AM

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Railgun Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

francismeunier - Feb 19, 2010

154 by whitebeartigtig »»
May 18, 10:41 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.