Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 13, 2017 5:23 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Welp, they just jumped right into the mech action. As usual, Eri is excited because robotics. Go figure.

The action itself felt rather stale, really underwhelming tbh.

The dialogues didn't do this episode much justice either. Actually to some of the other episodes, I thought this was the weakest onet yet. I will give some credit on how much they emphasized on the design of the mech though. Like by technical elements, they look kinda cool.
Aug 13, 2017 7:47 AM

Apr 2010
So Ernisti won the match but that wasn't surprising the part where he got the make a unit for the king and the prince was tho.
I wonder how they will perform in battle.

Adel has gotten close with Ernisti till the point where i won't be surprised if she where to become his lover at some point.
Tho seeing the nature of this anime she might become his fiancee at the order of the king or her father, i am just speculating tho.
Aug 13, 2017 8:57 AM

Aug 2013
They went straight into the action. Ernesti reignited the old guy's passion and they looked happy talking about it.

So the the former King was a badass when he was young.

Aug 13, 2017 9:03 AM

Mar 2016
I like how this show doesn't turn everything into a conflict. Like with the lab guy, Ernesti could easily be some annoying, stuck up prick, but as long as he gets to build Knight Runners and talk about mechs he's happy. There isn't this sense of 'these are MY mechs' in his character, which an inferior anime might try to do.

Hell, pretty much every characters in this show is easy going about stuff like that and it makes for a fun watch.
Aug 13, 2017 9:15 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
syncrogazer said:
I like how this show doesn't turn everything into a conflict. Like with the lab guy, Ernesti could easily be some annoying, stuck up prick, but as long as he gets to build Knight Runners and talk about mechs he's happy. There isn't this sense of 'these are MY mechs' in his character, which an inferior anime might try to do.

Hell, pretty much every characters in this show is easy going about stuff like that and it makes for a fun watch.
Agreed on all accounts

I was very happy with the result of the team battle too but what I loved the most about this episode was just seeing the king and his grandson interact with and battle one another

Everything about their scenes made me smile and I loved it all....That man is a great king and a great man
Aug 13, 2017 9:52 AM

Jun 2015
The mock battle was fun to watch. It ended as a draw, but everyone did well. Ernesti and the old guy has a lot of passion. The former King was a cool guy when he was young. He battled his grandson and each of them got their own Silhouette Knight.
Aug 13, 2017 10:22 AM

Jan 2015
Ernesti found another person to talk fun and freely about Silhouette Knight, good news.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Aug 13, 2017 11:03 AM
Jun 2016
syncrogazer said:

I agree, I was expcting this massive fight between young and old mech creators, was pleasantly surprised when it just lit a fire under the old guy :>
Aug 13, 2017 11:06 AM

Sep 2015
The gold one remind me of king from SRW Z2

All man love mecha here what a paradise
and this anime use time skip a lot
Into the Internet!
Aug 13, 2017 11:08 AM

Jun 2014
Decent action in the first part of the episode, and we even got to see the king show off his skills against his grandson. The mechs that Ernie made for them looked pretty cool as well.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Aug 13, 2017 11:11 AM

Aug 2014
Stark700 said:

Gotta disagree. Two of the best choreographed fights so far, more so the second. The action strikes a good balance and the lack of incessant drama is what makes this show attractive.

That's a lot of new toys in one episode.
Sieg Zeon!
Aug 13, 2017 11:12 AM

Jul 2016
ZBlastHistory said:
The gold one remind me of king from SRW Z2

All man love mecha here what a paradise
and this anime use time skip a lot

Time skip is quite visible even in the LN, usually used to justify the appropriate amount of time to design/create Silhouette Knight off-screen, with seldom briefing of new ideas given to the knight smiths before entering the R&D part.
Aug 13, 2017 11:16 AM

Jul 2016
QuattroVaginas said:
Stark700 said:

That's a lot of new toys in one episode.

Given that the flying Silhouette Knight Eru piloted is literally named Toy Box, a mecha cramped with all the crazy idea Eru could ever think of, yeah you're right...

Aug 13, 2017 11:17 AM
Jun 2016
Good episode....

1.We get some more insight into the kind of person the former king was.

2.And Ernie has a new fan!

3.Hmm....new enemy...and a possible explanation for all them monsters.

Though it did feel a bit rushed.
"The greatness of one's sorrow when parting is the evidence of the deepness of one's love, so if one fears sadness, one wouldn't be able to love anything."
Aug 13, 2017 11:28 AM

Apr 2008
9jaotaku3S said:

3.Hmm....new enemy...and a possible explanation for all them monsters.
Though it did feel a bit rushed.

Nah, this episode had similar pacing the LN has.

The new mechs for the king and his grandson were underwhelming.
This is how the real gold leo looked like.
I shall know no fear as I am fear incarnated
Aug 13, 2017 11:54 AM

Mar 2016
Good episode with plenty of action! The mock battle was closer than I expected it to be and in the end it was a draw I guess...but more importantly we got introduced to the prince Emrys and we see the king pass the throne to Emrys' father. Then we get a duel between the former king and his grandson Prince Emrys which was a cool fight! I can't wait to see what happens next time!
I shall rule over the realms of anime and manga! Mwahhahahahaha!!!
Aug 13, 2017 12:59 PM

Sep 2013
Nice fights, it's a draw and the lab old guy is pretty good too, he solved the energy usage problem and polished the mechanics further.
The King retires and he fights the Prince to see how he grew, goldleo looks strong.
Aug 13, 2017 1:00 PM

Sep 2014
Nice episode, I really enjoy this anime more then I should. I think its nice to see different Mecha designs like here.

Anybody noticed the way Adeltrud looked at the prince? ^^
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Aug 13, 2017 2:32 PM
Sep 2012

I disagree with you with this one. The fight choreography were wonderful. especially the duel between the king and prince.
Aug 13, 2017 2:33 PM

Jun 2017
This episode was alright.

The fights were cool, as always. I am getting a little annoyed with the omniscient narrator and the huge leaps in time.

Just when I was starting to ask myself what the point of this show was, we get a cliffhanger that hints at a plot. Finally.

I guess I'll give it another week.
Aug 13, 2017 3:37 PM

Apr 2013
That's weird... I remember in the light novel the centaur type mecha was much cooler... it's tail hooked onto one of the opponents and dragged them around until they were out of combat... The option works on their shoulder would be spread open and protect the machines top half (kinda like a cape) when targeted by magic artillery... Weird... did I remember this wrong or did they leave these details out...

Aug 13, 2017 5:22 PM

Feb 2016
Stark700 said:

I find myself on the first time that I shall disagree with you Stark, the fights were quite nice and with a nice coreography.

the only thing I'll complain of is about the pace, it feels a bit rushed (mostly because of timeskips, but it seems that its normal since in the LN it happened the same)

but overall it was an action packed episode, pretty nice so far
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Aug 13, 2017 6:18 PM

Dec 2016
That was pretty cool watching the new knights in action.

As usual Ernesti was the star.

Rather ominous ending, guess we will find out who she is in the upcoming episodes.
Aug 13, 2017 6:44 PM

Sep 2015
I liked the silver one more. Since I'm not into flashy stuff.
Aug 13, 2017 9:27 PM

Sep 2015
I like silver more.
Very action packed enjoyed it.
Only part that bothered me was the jet. Aerodynamics are trillion times more complex than terrestrial vehicles.
Something with such odd and unbalanced shape is borderline impossible to do without CAD or extensive wind tunnel tests. Especially with limbs moving which actively changes its drag and thrust profile. I refuse to believe that they did it so quickly.
Especially from a guy that only have programming knowledge and a modeler. Even a team of qualified professionals can't do it without aid with wind tunnel testing or CAD.
It just destroyed the immersion for me.
Aug 13, 2017 10:13 PM

Jan 2011
So...more training, explanations, and imposing female narrators. Not looking good, aesthetics aside it seems to be trying to be a kids hobby space than a coherent story.
QWERTYFish25Aug 13, 2017 10:25 PM
Aug 14, 2017 1:58 AM

Oct 2008
First half was great!
The entire fight was awesome!
The Knight Runners did also proved a great challenge and match-up against the new Silhouette Knights!
The lab Knightsmith (Workshop Chief Geist) would be a very great friend of Ernesti! That's for sure!
The king is correct! the new units if far too unpolished but once refined (by the lab) it would be better!
Wow! The Goldleo and Jilbatiga look badass awesome!
The duel between the king and grandson was also great!
I hope the new villain is more of a challenge to the protagonists!
4/5.

Aug 14, 2017 6:33 AM

Dec 2014
this is such a dramatic shounen anime...hmmm let's see how the fututre episodes will be
Aug 14, 2017 8:15 AM
Jul 2015
my dick still confused and i know why... that legs tho,,,, lots and lots of zettai ryouiki.... im excited as ernesti as i watch the episode.... i feel euphoric and arouse at the battle...
Aug 14, 2017 11:48 AM

Apr 2008
zcv45 said:
I like silver more.
Very action packed enjoyed it.
Only part that bothered me was the jet. Aerodynamics are trillion times more complex than terrestrial vehicles.
Something with such odd and unbalanced shape is borderline impossible to do without CAD or extensive wind tunnel tests. Especially with limbs moving which actively changes its drag and thrust profile. I refuse to believe that they did it so quickly.
Especially from a guy that only have programming knowledge and a modeler. Even a team of qualified professionals can't do it without aid with wind tunnel testing or CAD.
It just destroyed the immersion for me.

Long story short, magic.

Long story, in book 4, somebody figured out the secret behind his magic jet thruster and completely freaked out. His quote was somewhere along the lines of "Somebody who is willing to have fireball explode right next to him to generate thrust is not right in the head".

As for aerodynamics, his machine has multiple thrusters and Eru made special scripts he embedded in multiple magius engines to help him manage all of the thrusters.
Aug 14, 2017 12:45 PM

Dec 2013
The fights were great, though given the intermediate level of their mechs, it's understandable that they couldn't really go all out with them just yet. Nor could they use them to the best of the mech's abilities.

The fight between the former Lion King and his grandson was better. Had a lot of one v one tactics and surprise moves. The prince's use of the back weapon to counter getting thrown was a great tactic.

And I have to say, time seems to move quite fast when they are pacing it along with the LN. months seem to pass by all at once within one single episode. Soon enough Ernesti's gonna be like 25 or something.
HESTIAAPPROVES
Aug 14, 2017 2:31 PM
Shingster

Jun 2015
An impressive episode.
Now then lets see whether Ernie's new suits will be able to take on the old man's prized toys. The old man's reaction to Ernie's entrance though was hillarious. Hmm four against six eh. Seems fair enough as it relies on the skills of each of the pilots. Ernie cares little about victory other than the mechas are able to show off their improvements. Hmm it seems a new character has also returned to the kingdom in time to see the new suits. These elite pilots that serve as Ernie's opponents are too self confident though. Wow so Ernie managed to perfect the thrusters that enable the suits to gain so much thrust. Ernie's suit really has impressive mobility thats for sure. Ernie's tactics are simple but effective though. Hmm while Edgar's suits acts as the shield his friend will act as the sword eh. Just like Ernie to strike the blow that will end the match in their victory. But man that was a rather close match. Its nice that Edgar gets complemented by his opposite number. Lol the old man of the lab's expression after the draw though. Nice to see that the old man wasn't arrogant towards Ernie but rather curious towards his new machines and how they work. Nice that Ernie can find someone that he can discuss mechas with though. The king is right in that while Ernie's designs are revolutionary they are still too new and need to refined so that they be used more effectively.

So the king decided to use this contest to get the labs and Ernie to work together eh. Still at least the old man rediscovered his passion for design though. Its nice that both Ernie's order and the lab are producing new suits for the kingdom that will help strengthen them though. Hmm so the big topic that's showing up next is that the king wants to retire eh. At the same time its nice to see Ernie and his friends have managed to complete mid school. Hmm i guess you can't make use of the kings own knight once you retired from being king after all. Wow two orders for new knights from a former king and a prince eh. Wow the prince only cares about one thing and one thing only eh. Power is all he needs. Hmm those new suits of theirs really look impressive. Hmm for them both to want the same suit though that was unexpected. Only way to settle it will a dual i guess lol. The kings skill with the spear is impressive. Seems the king was a powerhouse when he was young. The dual between the former king and the prince sure was well done though. But man that match was a really good one. I wonder was losing to the prince after a hard fought fight the true aim of the former king though. Looks like something big is going to happen in the next episode.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 14, 2017 3:06 PM

Feb 2008
why do some of you seem to think that they will animate the units exactly? the pacing of this anime seems way too rushed even if you haven't read the manga or LN. I stands to reason that the drawing, animation and dialogue would fall short as well.

What bothers me about this show is just how they are moving from one sequence to another. Sure i wouldn't want to watch two episodes of him building one mech, but to go from designing four mechs to dueling with them in nearly an episode seems too rushed.

i guess soon we'll have a a mech vs demons final battle and that will be the end of the show.
Aug 15, 2017 7:06 AM

Jan 2009
i only hope they wont rush so much, that we will see air ships... i really hate how there is many forced/unnatural scene change.
Aug 15, 2017 7:40 AM

Jun 2015
The fight actually pretty good. Can't wait for Ikagura in next week.
Aug 15, 2017 9:54 AM

Apr 2008
jack4s said:
i only hope they wont rush so much, that we will see air ships... i really hate how there is many forced/unnatural scene change.

We will see airships.
Aug 15, 2017 4:44 PM
Aug 2015
The pace of this show seems far too quick... like one minute they are starting at the academy, the next they have graduated...
Aug 15, 2017 11:01 PM
Mar 2012
Simple but good tactic, tho centaur doesn't seem powerful except speed. Good balanced fights to a draw. White shield is flashy but quite useless with the gaps.
Retired vs grandson shows their experience & instincts very well, didn't expect a mech judo throw.
Quite rushed flying thru months. Might be possible to omit details & integrate location & time changes in the dialog/caption, instead of narrating all that.
Aug 17, 2017 4:32 PM

May 2015
Other than the fight, it was meh as usual.

Nov 2, 2017 12:16 AM

Dec 2012
Prince.
Dat charge.
36 years as king.
A new king.
They graduated.
lol They chose the same one.
lol at jiji saying he'll die.
Stephania.
Lawd! Whose body is that at the end?
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Nov 13, 2017 6:30 AM

May 2012
Nice episode and quite interesting ending! Let's see what's next.
Jan 9, 2020 9:57 PM

Apr 2009
Wonder what this "village' is, that the former King and Olver was talking about? I haven't read the source material but I'm suspecting Olver might be another race...an elf perhaps?

I kinda liked the old king from the start, now after his fight with his grandson, I like him even more! I hope their dynasty endures for a long, long time.
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Oct 3, 2022 8:04 PM
Jan 2017
Let's be honest, did anyone expect Ernie to lose this fight? This is one of those shows where the main character is so OP that the supporting characters are pathetically useless without him and I would have enjoyed that if the show as self-aware about it.
Oct 18, 2023 2:31 AM

Nov 2022
Daym for his age that king really is energetic lol

And now that i think about it, what they are losing is probably a long range unit but i guess that's not very "knightly"

More topics from this board

Poll: » Knight's & Magic Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 23, 2017

52 by Kiruko-san »»
May 31, 5:40 AM

Poll: » Knight's & Magic Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 16, 2017

77 by Kiruko-san »»
May 31, 1:12 AM

Poll: » Knight's & Magic Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 9, 2017

89 by Kiruko-san »»
May 31, 12:45 AM

Poll: » Knight's & Magic Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 2, 2017

235 by Kiruko-san »»
May 31, 12:04 AM

Poll: » Knight's & Magic Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 17, 2017

41 by RawrOMG »»
Oct 28, 2023 9:42 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.