Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jun 13, 2017 6:53 PM

May 2015
Wow, Anna is so close yet so far away from his brother...

I think that douchebag was under Johan order not Karl (I think Johan want her away from him so he can keep using him and also not having his true identity revealed because of Lotte investigation) nonetheless she needs to move on the only thing that was in Karl mind is his father and nothing more...

Talk about a chance meeting I think that old soldier maybe changed Tenma determination about killing him in the forest due to him respecting people...
Roy_FockerJun 13, 2017 10:32 PM
Jun 17, 2017 9:23 PM

Oct 2012
Anna/Nina don't have any problems
Yeah right xD

Feelsbadman :(
He can't kill Johan in that forest now
"Signature removed"
Mar 18, 2018 1:37 PM

Feb 2015
Tenma really seems to be in a downward spiral, if someone deserves a hug it's him.
Apr 15, 2018 4:46 AM

Oct 2015
Lotte was really selfish in this episode. Karl has had a terrible childhood up until now, let the man be happy for once and don't think of yourself every single time dammit. I hope she dies.

Apr 24, 2018 1:16 PM

Sep 2017
I hate Lotte. She shouldn't have said that sexist comment that the guy wasn't her type. No wonder she got rejected.

Anna better call Lotte as soon as she goes home, cause she can immediately get Johan.

Now I notice how NinaAnna looked like Liebert. The eyes. And Tenma, that wasn't some random stare from Johan. He knows you are out there.
Judging from what he said to NinaAnna as a child, he don't care if you kill him or not.

The focus on food. What is this, Shokugeki no Souma?

Guess Tenma won't be killing Johan for a while.
I hope he didn't barf up that soup.

DEATH FLAG for Karl.

Without change,we end up becoming the very person we hate.

I was dead until the moment I met you. I was a powerless corpse pretending to be alive. Living without power, without the ability to change my course, was bound to lead me to a slow death.

Aug 14, 2018 11:08 PM

Apr 2013
JeremiahOrange said:
I hate Lotte. She shouldn't have said that sexist comment that the guy wasn't her type. No wonder she got rejected.

how the fuck is that sexist? lmao

anyway, nice ep and, if i remember correctly, the next one is one of my favorites!
Oct 2, 2018 3:59 AM

Mar 2014
Great to see Nina again!! The episode was cool, I liked the bird analogy at the end too. Seems like the next episode will focus on Dieter
Dec 29, 2018 6:06 PM

Nov 2016
Very interesting episode. I love it how they humanized Tenma so far, really well done characterization.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Feb 17, 2019 8:56 PM
Apr 2016
Heck Tenma is really pale...he's plotting the assassination, hopefully he succeeds tbh
Feb 25, 2019 2:34 PM

Jun 2015
Zewerr said:
Damn that old man. He had to ruin everything with that damn sympathetic story.

Lmao true xDDDDDD
May 29, 2019 7:57 PM
Apr 2018
I don't mind if Tenma doesn't kill Johan right now, but it better not be because of that old man's story.

It's like Karl forgot about even his adopted parents. I wouldn't be surprised if it turns out he has never spent as much time with them as he does with Schuwald. I don't like him.
Jun 26, 2019 9:37 AM

Oct 2010
I like what transpired here, Johan who's a monster, a beast and a vicious criminal had no problems killing Jurgens, yet Tenma who represents all what humanity should be (good, kindness etc) felt sick at the thought of taking a life. I hope Johan dies because of the German flu.
Aug 28, 2019 1:20 PM

Apr 2017
SaiDrew said:
It's like Karl forgot about even his adopted parents. I wouldn't be surprised if it turns out he has never spent as much time with them as he does with Schuwald. I don't like him.

That's the part that's been bugging me ever since Schuwald found out about Karl. It feels kind of strange to paint Karl as sympathetic, down to earth, disinterested in Schuwald and apparently finally accepting his foster parents...only to turn around and invalidate that scene entirely. Guess their proposal to adopt him formally was just a fart in the wind to him. Then again, it was also strange and rude of him to pay off that guy to dance with Lotte, I'd be super insulted if that happened to me. Are we supposed to assume his newfound family/standing is changing him? But, somehow, that feels too subtle a narrative considering what we've seen so far.

Lotte was annoying this episode, especially when she kept assuming Anna had it easier due to being beautiful.

It's obvious Tenma didn't have the guts to shoot Johan. Not only because of the kids around him, but also because he hasn't spiraled enough to actually pull the trigger. And because there's like 40 episodes left, lol.

Tenma now officially confirmed as Snow White.
Pande91Aug 28, 2019 1:25 PM
Oct 1, 2019 10:50 PM

Oct 2013
This was a powerful way to bring Tenma around and re-humanize him. I thought it was going to be a cheap moral lesson in traditional anime fashion where he just couldn't unbind his Lawful Good chains -- and no shades of moral ambiguity exist, suggesting there's no right time or right reason to kill someone, and Tenma would become unredeemable should he actually kill Johan -- but this was a shockingly tactful turn around with a moving support character arc.

Great episode.

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Oct 15, 2019 3:50 PM
Jul 2013
pandemonium91 said:
SaiDrew said:

That's the part that's been bugging me ever since Schuwald found out about Karl. It feels kind of strange to paint Karl as sympathetic, down to earth, disinterested in Schuwald and apparently finally accepting his foster parents...only to turn around and invalidate that scene entirely. Guess their proposal to adopt him formally was just a fart in the wind to him. Then again, it was also strange and rude of him to pay off that guy to dance with Lotte, I'd be super insulted if that happened to me. Are we supposed to assume his newfound family/standing is changing him? But, somehow, that feels too subtle a narrative considering what we've seen so far.

Aren't you forgetting someone? If Johan wanted to, he could probably make Karl kill his foster parents with his own hands.

Lotte was annoying this episode, especially when she kept assuming Anna had it easier due to being beautiful.

I agree she went a bit too far, but the way people are, being beautiful makes your life easier, especially if you are a young woman.

It's obvious Tenma didn't have the guts to shoot Johan. Not only because of the kids around him, but also because he hasn't spiraled enough to actually pull the trigger. And because there's like 40 episodes left, lol.

Tenma now officially confirmed as Snow White.

The longer he puts it off, the more doubt he'll have and the harder it will get. Since he hasn't done it now, I think he'll never get around to it, heck, he will probaly try to save him in the end.
Oct 16, 2019 1:53 AM

Apr 2017
matheoo41 said:
Aren't you forgetting someone? If Johan wanted to, he could probably make Karl kill his foster parents with his own hands.

I don't remember all the details since I last saw this, but did Johan even talk to Karl about his adoptive parents at that point? I don't remember them discussing that. To me it seemed more like after Johan facilitated Schuwald and Karl's reunion as father and son, Karl himself dropped the relationship with his adoptive parents without any manipulation/intervention from Johan's part.

I agree she went a bit too far, but the way people are, being beautiful makes your life easier, especially if you are a young woman.

True, but at her age you'd assume one wouldn't be tactless enough to say it so bluntly unless they were explicitly trying to insult the other person.
Edit: also, if this is the episode with the school dance, Lotte's anger was misplaced. Anna had nothing to do with that guy being paid off to dance with Lotte.

The longer he puts it off, the more doubt he'll have and the harder it will get. Since he hasn't done it now, I think he'll never get around to it, heck, he will probaly try to save him in the end.

While watching this show I expected Tenma to actually become more determined to do away with Johan after witnessing time and time again the destruction he left behind. And I will leave it at that, since saying more would involve spoilers.
Pande91Oct 16, 2019 1:57 AM
Nov 3, 2019 7:46 AM

Dec 2018
That ex-soldier must've been paid by Johan.

It seems, it's still too early for Tenma to kill Johan, Johan could manipulate Tenma if Tenma is going to meet face to face with Johan that is.
He who smiles in a crisis has found someone to blame.
Apr 15, 2020 1:37 PM

Apr 2009
Karl is such a douche! I sympathized with him before, but how could he treat her like that, after all what she did for him, stood by him in his difficult time? I hope she's going to tell him off some day.
And he seemed to have forgotten about his forster parents.
shiroi-ookamiApr 15, 2020 1:47 PM
May 11, 2020 8:00 PM
Apr 2020
Ugh a part of me really wanted Johann to die in this episode, but it wouldn’t be nearly as satisfying as Johann going to trial. I hope he finally gets captured legally at the end.
Sep 13, 2020 3:35 PM

Nov 2017
Maybe Lotte should do like a normal person (okay, what she did is considered normal actually) and just y'know, tell Karl she likes him. "Hey, Karl. I like you and was wondering if you'd like to go dancing with me. I got two tickets." Bam, done!
Oct 10, 2020 5:11 PM

Dec 2007
interesting things happening to tenma to prevent him murdering.

now that nina is in munich, the climax should be more interesting.

poor lotte, karl doesn't deserve her.
Nov 6, 2020 2:28 AM

Aug 2018
It seems like Tenma couldn't make himself to get rid of Johan once and for all, but this shows what a great human being he truly is.

I really wanna see how will it all progress from here and what will Anna and Tenma do
Dec 22, 2020 10:38 PM

Jul 2020
Damn this food looks tasty in this show
Jan 6, 2021 9:40 AM

Aug 2018
Tenma didn't kill Johan right away cause he thinks about his "human" side personality, while in previous episode it was clearly bullshit Johan is wicked from the start.
Feb 21, 2021 9:30 PM

Jun 2020
Damn man... Tenma is just too good-natured for this
Mar 19, 2021 8:15 AM
Dec 2020
Karl has already started to show off his money which he gets as salary from Schubert for carrying his wheelchair. He completely forgot his foster parents who were the first pair to treat him nicely. Most probably money is the magnet which attracted him and most probably he don't know that the property is going to be in Johan's pocket. lol
Jun 18, 2021 9:27 PM

Jan 2020
It's always cool seeing anna again. Tenma practicing his stuff was also cool to see

Jun 19, 2021 6:19 PM

Jul 2020
hmmm Tenma might hesitate to assassinate Johan in the forest. also more Anna pls
Jun 30, 2021 9:53 AM

Jan 2021
That was a Decent episode
Jul 25, 2021 12:49 PM

Aug 2020
I'm not sure that this thing of not kill someone in the forest only applies to the forest. My guess is that this story told by the old man was some kind of analogy to the fact that killing is wrong and life should be respected. It's like that phrase, "if you kill a murder, the world doesn't lose a single murderer, 'cause you also turn into one".
Sep 11, 2021 7:27 AM

Mar 2021
anna again yay

the way johan looking at tenma,,
Oct 12, 2021 4:11 PM

Jul 2015
One side I want Tenma to shoot Johan and end this all but on the other side I don't think he'll be able to handle the guilt especially after hearing the old man's story and seeing Johan's 'human' side. On top of that it'll most likely cause him to no longer perform as neurosurgeon.

Nov 29, 2021 10:44 AM
Nov 2020
Is that forest guy working for Johan or something? Seems super coincidental that tenmas planning to kill johan in the forest and he’s guilt tripping tenma into not doing it...
Dec 27, 2021 9:07 PM

Jul 2016
Such a weak episode. That first half with Anna having to deal with a heartbroken Lotte was so bad.

Also damn you, random old man. Now Tenma won't be able to kill Johan in that "sacred" forest.
Mar 13, 2022 11:55 AM

Jun 2020
Lol to the dude above me calling this one weak. loved the ending, i wonder how it will affect tenma moving forward.

if i were to guess johan is one of those unstoppable villains that remains till the end of the story to push the story's philosophy. i.e he isnt dying any time soon.
Mar 19, 2022 12:43 AM

Jan 2020
The mentioning of his homeland sure triggered something in Johan. I think this is probably one of the very few times where his reaction/facial expression is not faked. As a serial killer, I bet he has experience with shooting and range and can tell that Tenma is smart enough to pick that library spot. How does he know that Tenma is going to shoot him though or has been tailing him? That we don't know yet.
I sometimes forget to finish my sentences.
Apr 3, 2022 7:50 PM
Feb 2021
this episode is so fucking stupid, the author just fucking put that man to stop Tenma for killing Johan wtf
May 10, 2022 7:18 AM

Feb 2021
Johan really has insane instincts. He should just hire someone else to actually kill him for him since he's repeatedly hesitated and wasted time and opportunity
Aug 15, 2022 9:32 AM
May 2022
bro so fking boring, watching this for johan but not apering at all
Jan 11, 2023 3:37 AM
May 2020
yeahh... tenma wont carryout the assassination in the forest anymore
Jan 14, 2023 9:05 AM
Oct 2019
I'm exciting how the story of Anna continues.

So well Tenma should not shoot Johan in the forest I guess because the old man told him in the forest no more blood will be shed.
Apr 3, 2023 11:58 PM

Aug 2019
I never expected Lotte and Nina to become friends. They were a refreshing duo.

Johan is freaking creepy

I’m sorry old man, but Johan needs to go.
May 18, 2023 3:07 AM
Oct 2022
Good episode. But im pretty sure Tenma is still going to take the shot. Also why isnt anyone talking about how much if a jerk karl was.
May 21, 2023 10:04 PM
May 2017
Same context: The old man probably didn't specify this but German back in WW2 actually didn't harass foreigners or mistreated POW as much Americans and Japanese did. A Hungarian told me that his grandparent was Jewish but since he was Hungarian they deport him to Hungary and not Aushwitz.
That foreigner was either a Yiddish (Jews that lived among Germanic settlements) or Anglos, who NSGWP deemed threat to national security were detained and if they resisted were shot. Which is why they order to shoot him regardless of his innocence.
May 25, 2023 1:21 PM

Mar 2016
Alright, Karl you fucking asshole, I understand that for the past 20 years of his life, he has never been with his real father, and now that he is, he's basically become the legs and eyes of his father for every meeting that he participated in. In other words, he can't hang around with Lotte as much as he used to, nevertheless, no matter how busy Karl is with his father, he shouldn't have offered some dumbass money in exchange for dancing with Lotte, that is such a dick move.

Nina is here, Johan has a way of pulling all of his acquaintances into any city he's in even without so much as an effort.

So then, Tenma is working up his courage and abilities to one day assassinate Johan with a brand-spanking new sniper rifle. He has used pistols before and has fired numerous shots towards various armed individuals, but he has never assassinated someone who is not armed not to mention unaware of his intention to kill him. (Though knowing Johan, he has a near 6th sense when it comes to these things). Tenma is visibly broken over having to do so, he looks depressed and the fact that he met a former soldier who is trying to atone for his sin of cold-blooded murder just made it that much more difficult for Tenma to do the same. He's innocent for now, can someone who instinctively save the lives of those he met in his path transgress that act and instead, intentionally take the life of another human? 
Jun 15, 2023 8:56 AM
Apr 2020
Some really great scenes in this episode (mostly in Tenma's portion, but it was nice to see Nina again too)
Jul 18, 2023 6:28 AM

Dec 2022
More Nina is always a W cause i adore her voice pls and Johan is a literal walking gaslighter without looking like he's trying like he's just barely trying.
Tenma rlly is a conflicted man abt his thoughts killing Johan or not but sadly or actually not? he wasn't able to do it in the forest but i applause for his kindness at least.

Oct 27, 2023 2:25 PM
EOussama

Dec 2016
This Johan mf makes you sick without even talking to you. Tenma was literally puking.
Nov 22, 2023 7:02 AM
May 2023
kenma looked like a soggy cat here... i like that
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Monster Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Kayro - Apr 3, 2008

154 by brightdeadthings »»
8 hours ago

Poll: » Monster Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Kayro - Apr 7, 2008

109 by dkharanime »»
10 hours ago

Poll: » Monster Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Kayro - Apr 5, 2008

196 by dkharanime »»
Today, 1:53 AM

Poll: » Monster Episode 48 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Kayro - Apr 12, 2008

111 by Sapewloth »»
Yesterday, 1:08 PM

Poll: » Monster Episode 46 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Kayro - Apr 12, 2008

110 by Sapewloth »»
Jun 11, 7:30 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.