Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Apr 12, 2008 11:30 AM

Feb 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
So Runge is already in Prague, and he already made some discoveries. Things will get really interesting now :D
Also, now I'm really curious to know, what was taped on the part that Johan tapped over. Hopefully we'll found it out soon =P
Aug 23, 2008 11:00 PM

Jun 2008
i just cant believe that Runge in a holiday
Aug 24, 2008 8:59 PM

Aug 2008
Runge is so stupid how is he a dectective
Oct 24, 2008 5:48 AM

Oct 2008
November3leven said:

Uh, stupid? If he were stupid he probably wouldn't be an elite detective. =D
Actually I admire him. He's the one of the very few characters I've found to have the same work moral as I have: Simply disregarding every unessential thing. It works.

Bari bari, gusha gusha, baki baki, gokun
Oct 24, 2008 5:51 AM

Oct 2008
Johan's calm smile was so evil when he had the cassette tape lol

Bari bari, gusha gusha, baki baki, gokun
Apr 1, 2009 2:55 AM

Jul 2008
Runge you idiot, stop being so sure of yourself. And I hope the contents of the rest of the tape show up later on.
Apr 29, 2009 7:33 AM

Apr 2009
I hate Johan more and more D:

Btw, I think Suk's story line will give Runge a clue for Tenma's unguiltiness...

I think Johan mad smth more with that tape... He can ,ake Nina's vioce, so I think he can do his own childish too...
Jun 14, 2009 12:40 AM

Oct 2008
I found the conversation between Suk and his mother sad and touching. Especially where Suk's mother pleaded with God not to let her forget him, even if she forgot many other things.
Aug 9, 2009 1:41 PM

Jan 2009
So runge finally forgot left behind his obsession with Tenma? He doesn't look like a bad man, but hes closely realizing that things are not like he thinks they are.

Also I think the producers are overreacting a lil' with Johann, hes not fucking Jesus Christ, why Suk's mother sudendly recovered his memory and her lucidy?

My Anime List. | 皆は見つけられる必要がある。 | Relentless.
Aug 13, 2009 7:42 AM

Jul 2009
Hmm so Lunge is going to investigate in Prague now...interesting.
Nov 4, 2009 4:02 PM

Nov 2007
Lunge: "O wait, I'm on a vacation, a beer please" :D:D
Feb 8, 2010 12:07 PM

Sep 2009
Runge's appearance in Prague, really spices everything up. Now, there are so many people investigating the same thing. They all don't know it, and have different goals in their investigations, but they are all actually on the same case. The Check police, Tenma with Grimmer, STB, Anna, Runge and I am sure I've missed someone. And all of them are against Johan. This is really interesting.

It was really funny to see Runge try to relax at the vacation. He ordered beer with a lot of thought into it. He even stopped to think about his data collecting hand after gaining data about the beer brand. He probably thought about his life's busyness. How he cannot relax even while drinking some beer. Even thought everyone knew his purpose in coming to Prague, it seemed that he really tried to have a vacation. But there were a lot of distractions. The detectives at the bar and conversation with his old friend. Eventually, after hearing the name Johan, he was finally broken-down.

Tenma and Grimmer lost some very serious information. They were so close to acquiring such critical information needed in their mission to destroy Johan. But I wonder why did Johan actually taped over that cassette? Why not, just destroy it? He even let them listen to a small part of it. What he let them listen was about his love for Anna. Could it be some psychological experiment? I mean, if we follow the tape, killing Anna, or somehow harming her would make Johan break. But could they actually do something like that to an innocent girl. But then again, Johan's psychic Roberto tried to kill Anna some time ago. Could he literally be interested only in memories of her? That would be a little bit of nonsense. There must be something behind everything.
No sig :(
Mar 31, 2010 12:24 PM

Jan 2010
Johan, stop dressing like your sister. )<

And I wonder what was taped over...
\
May 22, 2010 11:54 PM

Jul 2009
There isn't anything they could have possibly put on the tape to make it as interesting as they've been building it up to be the last few episodes. That's why they had Grimmer and Suk stop listening to it and that's why they had Johan record over it. shrug. Just the way it is.

Also, I like Runge as a character. He is interesting, even though he's a douche. I laughed when he was like, "Give me a coffee instead of a beer." and then, "Seem I'll be on vacation for a long time." ha, yeah right.
Every time I see an English-speaker on the Internet add an honorific to someone's name, I die a little bit inside. Every time I see, "^_^," my will to carry on crumbles that much more.
Jul 10, 2010 8:33 AM

May 2010
This is getting interesting with Runge came to Prague for "vacation"..
Jul 14, 2010 11:52 PM

May 2008
Wow, this was actually an amazing episode! I'm so pumped for the rest of this to play out.
Oct 16, 2010 10:46 PM

Jun 2009
November3leven said:

Really? Because it seems as though he made some interesting discoveries to me. It seems to me as though he isn't on Tenma's case anymore. Seems to me as though he is after Johann.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Nov 15, 2010 2:54 PM

Mar 2010
that guy Runge man he somehow is just on the right track, funny how he switches from tea to Beer

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Dec 9, 2010 12:08 PM
Nov 2009
"LONG" vacations FTW!
May 18, 2011 2:26 AM

Oct 2008
Lol.
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.~
Feb 16, 2012 9:02 AM

Feb 2012
I find Runge's data collecting hand quite ridiculous. Other than that, I'm still puzzled by how Johan can pass off as Nina/Anna. Could it be that in the anime reality she's not *that* good looking, it's just that the viewer is bound to think she must be gorgeous since she's voiced by Mamiko Noto? ;)
Mar 8, 2012 1:29 AM

Mar 2009
It's weird seeing him on "vacation".
Mar 17, 2012 7:40 AM

Mar 2010
runge is boring ~_~
Jun 8, 2012 2:43 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Runge's idea of vacations is not very relaxing. But at least it seems he's suspicious of Johan now.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Jul 15, 2012 5:56 PM

Sep 2011
Seems like I'm the only one who really likes Runge here, huh.I missed the guy, he's an interesting character.Anyway, this was a great episode, can't wait to see what happens next.
Jul 29, 2012 6:36 AM

Aug 2008
This series is impeccable, seriously one of the best series I've ever watched. I'm really excited to know what is going to happen next.

Sep 24, 2012 4:06 PM

Nov 2009
Finally Runge catches on and I think he is finally committed to the idea of Johan being real, however I hope he doesn't assume both twins are evil and axe anna as well.
Nov 24, 2012 1:09 PM

Mar 2012
It looks like Lunge is finally starting to see the big picture here.
Dec 18, 2012 2:40 PM

Feb 2012
Great episode.

About Episode:

Looks like Johan came to hospital again in Anna form and took a tape and recorded his voice in there. And couple of minutes late Tenma and Gummer went there also they first thought tape was taken but luckily it was there. Bad thing was that Johan had erased and recorded to original tape. But we get something new info regarding Johan so to Johan Anna is only person he can trust and he also wanted that those memories of Anna shouldn't been erased in Kinderheim 511. So where would Jiohan now wants to go. Maybe back to Kinderheim 511 or to his parents house.

Looks like finally Lunge get also dragged into secret police investigation. And he tried to took a vacation but soon when he met with his friend. It was actually a funny many man would drink beer than coffee but Lunge was back in action again.

It also seems he bought picture book and when that his friend translated that part of the him. He now has many evidences that Johan did those things. And he also has the picturebook and it was suprising that he even found a sketch book which basically had a those twins story in them. So this Franz guy was definitely Johan's father and he created that picturebook also.

5/5
Jan 29, 2013 10:45 AM

Jan 2012
It's going to be a long vacation lol.

Feb 26, 2013 10:25 PM
Aug 2011
Our most favorite character Runge is here~

A face only a mother could love:
Mar 4, 2013 8:25 PM

Aug 2010
Shinryuken said:
runge is boring ~_~

On the contrary I think he's a very interesting character.
Mar 7, 2013 5:30 AM

Sep 2011
Of all the cities in the world, Lunge just happens to go on vacation to Prague. And at exactly the right time too. How convenient.
Mar 24, 2013 7:11 AM

Oct 2010
AugmaticDisport said:
Of all the cities in the world, Lunge just happens to go on vacation to Prague. And at exactly the right time too. How convenient.

He went there to look into the book and Johan's past, but since he doesn't believe any of this stuff he has to lie to himself and call it a "holiday". After all, all of this Johan stuff is made up by Tenma.
Apr 3, 2013 4:56 PM

Nov 2012
SimmianPrime said:
AugmaticDisport said:

He went there to look into the book and Johan's past, but since he doesn't believe any of this stuff he has to lie to himself and call it a "holiday". After all, all of this Johan stuff is made up by Tenma.

Had the same thought. However in my case, I believe he took the leave because Czech Republic is simply not within his jurisdiction. While I may be mistaken since I'm not well informed with European countries, I believe this reasoning has the highest possibility. As stated by SimmmianPrime, Lunge obtained a copy of The Story Book from the Japanese businessmen some episodes ago. It's in Czech and since Prague is the capital and largest city in Czech Republic (source: Wikipedia), it makes perfect sense to find an old book there.

Quoting from Wikipedia;
As law enforcement in Germany is vested in the states, the BKA only becomes involved in cases of international organised crime or when requested by the respective federal state authorities or the federal minister of the interior

While technically Lunge can formally investigate in Czech Republic, how in the world can he; a person who lost his status within his division after the scandal, convince his superior that he had to go to Prague to obtain a copy of a story book which could hold information to further his investigation? To be honest, this issue parallel to why most people hate Lunge. It's absurd to convince a person something when all circumstantial evidence points otherwise.
Apr 28, 2013 7:54 AM

Apr 2013
Runge the professional is back !
May 6, 2013 11:29 AM

Oct 2012
sfjsiufdsijgfdj said:
Johan, stop dressing like your sister. )<
And I wonder what was taped over...

I guess he got this idea when he opened that book - he likes crossdressing more than anything :D

(but there could be reason for it - since they (STB, czechoslovakia secret agency) wanted the boy, it could be his disguise to deceive them. And Emill Sebe guy could be their father I guess?
Mich666May 6, 2013 11:33 AM
Aug 21, 2013 7:37 AM
May 2012
Lunge is annoying but sometimes I like his character I fuck yeah'd when he said It's going to be a long vacation and he seems like realizing now that Tenma is not the killer and that Johann is a person also the author of the picture book could be their father.
Oct 30, 2013 2:19 AM

Jul 2009
wow another amazing episode!!

how the hell can Johan change his voiced to Mamiko Noto!!!

as i suspected, Johan looks more chubby compared to the real Anna.

the voice is more longer and firm compare to her short and sweet voice ^^

i freaking love Mamiko Noto!

it looks like Johan hypnotize Suk's mom, though i wonder how Johan knows where Ian is as well as what has happened to him.

so Johan didn't want to forget Anna despite all the experiments and torture he suffered.

as for previous episodes where he ordered some of the men to kill Anna like in the Castle since way back, i think just as he mentioned to Tenma that he might be losing his memories.

that's why Grimmer had trouble remembering his past, he said everyday it seems his losing everything, even his name.

in fact, the Johan we now have feels different compared to the early episodes.

it seems he's regaining his memories and his finally awakened due to the tape.

so he no longer needs it? i wonder if he made a replacement and keep the original?

i wonder what he said in the end?

don't know why you people hating on Lunge. he's fucking badass and knows not to quit despite down into the dumps.

he even found one of the old books Franz Bonaparta.

so Franz Bonaparta has other names like Emil Scherbe, Javok Vyrobek, Klaus Poppe.

we see in a drawing an older and grumpy version of Anna(definitely they're mother)

and it seems Lunge noticed on how the girl and boy really looks similar.

and i mean pretty much the same.

could it be Johan is just crossdressing XD

finally Lunge is back!!! as soon as he heards Johan he's now back to work!

lol i wonder if he hears Tenma's name he would have been excited as hell!!

can't wait for the next episode!!!!
Nov 1, 2013 7:26 PM
Nov 2013
arnxx said:
Lunge: "O wait, I'm on a vacation, a beer please" :D:D

Well he is German
Dec 8, 2013 8:44 PM

Jan 2013
Yay! I think Lunge finally is starting to believe Tenma. I think he's slowly putting all the dots together, this is great.

Oh Johan, he's always one step ahead of everyone else. I'm curious what is on the rest of that tape. Where's he going next? I'm kind of confused, they keep saying that Nina's mom had just a girl and then they say she had twins. Is Johan real or not?

Also, just an after thought. Does Johan save his legs when he's acting as Nina? I wonder...
BlueWolf125Dec 8, 2013 8:49 PM
Dec 10, 2013 12:15 PM

Nov 2013
Runge ordering coffee instead of beer at the end. Oh yes.

And yes, I would think that Johann shaves his legs when acting as Nina, since she always seems to wear dresses.
Jan 8, 2014 8:31 AM

Mar 2013
Lunge is like a detective sheldon (tbbt) no emotions. best detective ever.
EL PSY KONGROO!!!
Jan 26, 2014 8:16 PM
Mar 2013
I think that Johan was cross dressing as a kid to.
Mar 11, 2014 4:00 AM

Oct 2013
Good episode,Lunge with a beer :O XD

Apr 28, 2014 10:41 PM

Mar 2013
I like how they portrait Lunge, especially with that coffee and beer thingie.
May 29, 2014 6:20 AM

May 2011
Definitely one of the most complete and satisfying episode. The puzzles are gradually piecing up...time for Lunge to know the truth.
"If you reject me, I'll blast a hole in you!" Kanzaki H. Aria
Just kidding.

May 29, 2014 6:21 AM

May 2011
BlueWolf125 said:

Also, just an after thought. Does Johan save his legs when he's acting as Nina? I wonder...

*shave
THAT must hurt.
"If you reject me, I'll blast a hole in you!" Kanzaki H. Aria
Just kidding.

Jun 1, 2014 6:24 AM

May 2013
Sorry but Lunge most likely hasn't changed his look on the case.
He still probably believes that Johan is a persona made up by Tenma and views this information about Johan to be describing Tenma's "alter ego". If any of you remember one of Tenma's old classmates in college, the lawyer i believe, gave it his all to convince Lunge that Tenma was innocent with plenty of information/evidence suggesting that Johan was in fact real, but Lunge didn't budge an inch. He just kept hanging on to his belief that Tenma is a killer; he's delusional.
Sep 8, 2014 3:01 PM

Jan 2014
I'm really, really digging this show.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Monster Episode 74 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

babykeiji - Apr 23, 2008

623 by Animequeen_xx »»
Apr 13, 5:54 PM

Poll: » Monster Episode 43 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Kayro - Apr 11, 2008

134 by Ajanokoyna »»
Apr 13, 7:25 AM

Poll: » Monster Episode 55 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Kayro - Apr 15, 2008

70 by Dekuforce5 »»
Apr 13, 3:15 AM

Poll: » Monster Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Kayro - Apr 4, 2008

106 by wallus81 »»
Apr 8, 10:22 PM

Poll: » Monster Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Kayro - Apr 4, 2008

93 by wallus81 »»
Apr 8, 5:39 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.