Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Dec 21, 2016 6:13 AM

Nov 2011
Season 2 where are you. OST where are you?
"Why do I always realize it... when I've already lost it..." -Guts, Berserk
"Some things are beautiful because they cannot be obtained." -Gilgamesh, Fate/stay night
"We are constantly living in a peaceful world that somebody else won for us. Even if it were only a day of peace, I will be grateful for its value." - Minashiro Tsubaki, FAFNER
"Screw you, future me!" -Makise Kurisu, Steins;Gate
"We used to show off by waging wars and whatnot." -Watashi, Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita
"Call me Moses. I'm going to part the sea of students before your eyes." -Moses?, Valvrave
"Time is guilty." -Andō & Tomoyo, INOU-Battle
Dec 21, 2016 7:15 AM
Mar 2012
must have s2...
One of the best end so far this season besides BSD, felt the doki doki.
A lot of well animated matches, rather rare for sports shows I've seen that mostly go for shortcuts & talking/sol.
Characters got some backstories, unique personalities, issues to overcome, very down to earth feel, esp Agari's popularity/inferiority complex at the start, and everyone's motivated to grow.
Also the camp training breaksdown important skills in ping pong, & how their playstyles can improve by footwork etc.

Montage insert (& all the music) was nice, can really picture a ping pong themed dance going.
Dec 21, 2016 10:10 AM

Jul 2009
I will miss it! I hope it gets a 2nd season!

When will Koyori and Agari marry? LOL
Dec 21, 2016 1:22 PM

May 2010
This was a cute anime with lots of dokidoki and dokidoki and dokidoki. Not sure if I will watch s2 or not (if I got time, I might) but I liked it despite it having its down moments at times. It was good for the most part. And I ended up all the characters. Agari is my fav but Hanabi reached quite close (unexpected)

7.44/10
Dec 21, 2016 7:51 PM

Mar 2009
Good show, but the ending was abrupt. Are we getting another season?
Dec 21, 2016 7:51 PM

Jul 2015
The seniors getting along well while practicing and HOW DID THE SHOULD RIDDING HELP? Munemune and her oppai got the spotlight for the first half and then we got a montage of the girls training. The background girls also did quite a lot of work this episode, and had quite a lot of fun. And to end it all, we got a nice little battle between Koyori and Agari, which was a pretty nice way to end the episode. The yuri grew three times in size that day. Also they saved all their money for the last ten seconds of animation.
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!
Dec 22, 2016 3:05 AM
Nov 2015
people kept talking about the ending being weird and disappointing

yes it's weird, but i think it's fine the way they did,
they did it to have a safe spot for the ending

if there is no season 2 then viewers will at least taste the tournament and what the "probably" final battle would be and end it there
if there is a season 2 then the ending would act as a hype train, and i dont think that clip would destroy much

and i like this decision instead of cramming the tournament into a 12 episode anime, they don't want to destroy the story's pacing

here's hoping for a season 2
Dec 22, 2016 8:37 PM

Oct 2008
This needs to have a Season 2 DAMN! I was hyped-up on the ending with more new characters and who is the one who is playing against Koyori? All of the club members and even the Kururi is cheering for Koyori!!!
5/5!
8/10!
I'll rage if there's no S2!!!

Dec 23, 2016 10:53 PM

Dec 2009
...And with that, pingpong orgasms the anime is over.

I wonder if we'll get more of Munemune's munemune (lol).

The animation was great this last episode, and a nice insert song and bgm. The juniors are cute and motivated, it's very nice and heartwarming.

They really did finish the anime off with a bang. One of, if not the best episode!
This series does indeed deserve a second season.
GenesisAriaDec 23, 2016 10:57 PM
❀桜舞う空〜                   Cute is Power.           🔗CosmoGenesis Project
“You cannot know what you do not know.”
“Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.”
“A truth seeker has no patience for BS.”

I seek only to improve myself and others.
Dec 25, 2016 3:57 AM

Jan 2015
Second season when
Dec 26, 2016 1:43 AM

Sep 2013
Hmm...not a bad episode, all in all. But it felt more like a mid-season filler than a finale.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
Dec 27, 2016 1:27 AM

Aug 2014
Well I enjoyed this more than I thought.
Anime with serious sports that focused on girls is not a common sight after all.

(8/10) for this. That tease on the tournament matches! S2 must happen or I'll be mad!
They kept mentioning tournaments and zenkoku and all, if that happened in probably-will-not-exist-S2, that would be very salty.

Dec 27, 2016 2:22 AM

Feb 2013
Great anime!!! It was fun, the animation was pretty sweet, cute as hell, and pretty funny. I really hope there will be more seasons

8/10
Dec 27, 2016 4:09 PM

Feb 2014
Really good anime.

They didn't have to spoil the championship at the end of the episode... now it's pretty obvious and the expectations decrease due to that. Of course, would love another season (or OVAs) to watch the championship.

Anyway, I really liked this show.

8-9/10

By the way, this end reminded me of Saki. Saki ended in the quarterfinals of the championship... -.-"
TechOtakuDec 27, 2016 4:13 PM
Dec 28, 2016 5:48 AM

Jul 2012
I'm going to miss the scorching Ping Pong girls and their dokidoki excitement.

The matches were pretty darn hype with some sweet animation.

Feels bad when they tease nationals but sequel never...
Jan 2, 2017 9:31 PM

Aug 2013
All I can really say is...DEAR GOD SEASON 2 PLEASE!!!!

The show was a lot of fun, the characters were likable, the ping pong matches were intense. For being a show I picked up completely on a whim, I enjoyed it WAY more than I expected to.

We need more! We need to see the other driver girls! We need to see them make nationals dammit! We need more Munemune's Munemumes.

We need more Kururi!!
Olem said:
Not the most satisfying ending, and I feel like we're not getting a season 2 T_T Hope I'm wrong though since I really enjoyed it.

I give this a rating of Spats/Dokidoki suru

Also, dat Kururi at the end was adorable

Yaaaaas! She got so much better once she got the light back in her eyes.
Jan 3, 2017 5:22 PM
Nov 2015
Doki doki the anime. This has gotten progressively better, which I'm thankful for as most anime I watch lately get progressively worse with each episode. Definitely want a season 2, that dark long hair girl with the smile looked like a crazy competitor at the end.
Jan 5, 2017 3:09 AM

Sep 2013
The tournament was a nice finish to the series, but the clip of the "finals" at the end makes me feel sure this won't get a second season.
Jan 5, 2017 10:05 AM

Apr 2011
Would be nice if this show got a second season. Regardless, it was a pretty fun watch and I'm glad I gave it a shot.
Jan 10, 2017 6:19 PM

Dec 2014
THAT AFTER CREDITS GOD DAMMIT, WHERES MY SECOND SEASON. I DEMAND ONE.

Jan 10, 2017 9:03 PM

Dec 2012
I liked the episode, and that ending too. All seniors wearing casual wear meaning that they already graduated, and that mysterious black hair girl again...

What are the chances for a season 2?

I don't watch as much anime as before...
Jan 22, 2017 1:11 AM

Dec 2015
2.5/5 for this episode because it "tried" to give a conclusion.

Pointless. Either it took too many curves to reach its goal (too many time spent on others when it ended up as "the progress of Akane" story) or it didn't know where to go/end. Also contains far too many blushings.
Decent sport, at least in the beginning.

5/10
Feb 23, 2017 12:50 AM

Aug 2013
This anime was fairly good tbh.. too bad it got hidden in the dark.
So much doki doki my goodness hahaha just hold hands and kiss already. xD
The pacing was nice and relaxing, visuals are alright, good osts.
Well damned.. please com back with a season 2 I beg you.
We still haven't had enough of those doki doki moments.
That ending credits ughhh.
Feb 26, 2017 1:23 PM

Feb 2017
Please anybody can tell that the music played in the 12 series with a 17:35 to 19:40?
Mar 21, 2017 12:51 PM

Sep 2016
the manga is getting translated btw, the translator translate after anime ends (meet kuma) and already the first chapter of vol.5 now
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Jul 17, 2017 12:47 AM
Dec 2015
Well they definitely built up a good way for a second season. Agari is still a little to full of herself thinking she's the best when Koyori gets all the crazy bad ass players. It really makes Agari look like an amateur that gets off thinking she's the best out there.

Kind of reminds me a little of Nodoka some in Saki how she's always getting the attention and everyone thinks she such a big shot just because she the middle school champion. Kind of an nuisance if you ask me. Something tells me Koyori Has more tricks that she has not even shown yet. I mean there has to be more then that if she made it to the simi finals.

Anyways the ending there really makes it look like there is a possible Second Season otherwise that ending was just lame and disappointing. Why build up hype like that if they plan to end it like that. If there not going to be a second season.

Well all we can do is hope for some news sooner or later that is if they do make a second season. Can't say for sure, but with that kind of an ending the hype is to high.
Nov 28, 2017 3:51 PM

May 2012
Pretty solid ending I must say, a bit bummed out about the complete open ending and foreshadowing, but well it wasn't bad either and if this series ever gets a second season, I'm sure to watch it!
Jan 30, 2018 8:10 AM

Sep 2013
the ending kinda makes me want to read the manga since I can't wait the S2 to come (if the s2 were possible). But all in all, pretty nice ending.
May 2, 2020 11:15 PM

Oct 2007
only practicing in this last episode, but somehow it turned into something intense that helped Agari to do a good move.

feels a bit like a cliffhanger.. they just showed all those other teams, and that mysterious smiling girl that Koyori is playing against.

would certainly watch a season 2 of this.
Jun 25, 2020 6:38 AM

Dec 2018
Love this anime overall. Kururi are my main lesbian in this. She is a great. Instead of making her a crazy shallow character that are crazy just because of the heck of it. She is rather a complex fragile girl with a big heart and feared losing her girlfriend and her other companions. She was more than what first meets the eye a brilliant character. And the best this anime have to offer imo

It was cute, It was grand, It was only cute girls, It was funny, And it was one of the gayest thing I have ever watched,,YEEEEEES

My lesbian angels get 10/10 as always

Only complain I have .... I want more lesbian ping pong they should make a season 2

Yuri-CrusaderJun 25, 2020 10:24 AM
Dec 16, 2020 6:46 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Yeees I guess Tsumujikaze won at the end! I'm sad that this anime is already finished, I really liked it overall, the ping pong moments were really good, and most of the characters were lovely, also I really like that character design! I hope for a S2 even though I doubt it will happen :( 8/10
Jun 28, 2021 4:59 AM

Feb 2020
That was a really nice and wholesome training camp.

So, it seems Koyori won at the end, but a proper tournament arc would have been great. I also wanted to know more about Kumami and that mysterious black-haired girl.

Few OVA episodes would be great for example, but I know that's not going to happen.

Overall, the ending was a little disappointing, but overall this was much better than I expected. Easily one of the best sports anime I have ever seen. A wholesome, cute, and, funny show. I loved the characters and their chemistry. All the yuri teasing was so adorable. :3

SerafosDec 3, 2023 11:03 PM
Dec 21, 2021 7:46 PM
Photojournalist

Apr 2007
Episode 11 and 12 were completely pointless compared to the first 10 episodes. These two episodes felt more like an OVA. The anime would've gotten a 7 from me if it ended at episode 10. But since the last 2 episodes count as apart of the season, it dropped to a 6/10.
Jul 9, 2022 12:49 PM

Feb 2021
Exciting, wholesome and uplifting show with a good bit of yuri energy and comedy. By the time they got to episode 9 I already figured there wasn’t enough time for a full nationals arc, but that didn’t deter from the enjoyment. I see a lot of inspiration from the series ‘Saki’ in this series, which was also great so I think that was a good move. My favorite girl was Agari, a kind hearted cute tsundere with some of the best affectionate facial expressions I’ve seen in anime.

I’d love a season 2… even though it’s been 6 years, can’t lose hope!
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shakunetsu no Takkyuu Musume Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 17, 2016

86 by Deazu »»
Aug 13, 2023 4:37 PM

Poll: » Shakunetsu no Takkyuu Musume Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 10, 2016

67 by Deazu »»
Aug 12, 2023 3:06 PM

Poll: » Shakunetsu no Takkyuu Musume Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 3, 2016

116 by Deazu »»
Aug 6, 2023 4:14 PM

» This show is underrated

Friermiko - Jul 1, 2021

7 by VampireLord1024 »»
Jun 22, 2023 12:06 AM

Poll: » Shakunetsu no Takkyuu Musume Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 12, 2016

50 by Serafos »»
Jun 28, 2021 4:07 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.