Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 23, 2016 9:55 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Dr. Michael's got some guts. She's messing around with dangerous experimentation..

I thought this episode was better than the previous ones. By now, some of the story are getting fleshed out. Bet Saya wasn't expecting to clash with Hinata in that way. Found this episode slightly creepy tbh. Glad to see they got her back to normal though!
Jul 23, 2016 11:01 AM

Apr 2010
This was a very interesting episode so many bad things happening.
Tho there was a good thing at the ending but still the girls will have to work hard in order to beat there senpai and get them back.
They also need to rescue their partners in the alfa drive.
The enemy planed things well.
Jul 23, 2016 12:01 PM

Jan 2012
So all their friends who are stronger than them were brainwashed and need to be fought and saved? Absolutely fucking garbage plot point. Give me new enemies show, not this cheapness. Extremely disappointed and this show just dropped to the bottom of my rankings for this season now. I'll keep watching solely for the tits, but still may drop it eventually.
Jul 23, 2016 12:30 PM

May 2012
Definitely felt better than the past 2 episodes, but like ^ said, I'm unimpressed with how the plot's progressing. At the very least, I'm interested in Ouroboros and why they're trying to rid of the girls and hasten the worlds into colliding(?), I assume.

Saya felt a bit more tolerable this episode and at least she's aware of her shitty personality. So...is she actually "special" like she originally thought, cause that was quite the power boost she got there when fighting Miumi. I'll also admit that I'm a sucker for light-based powers too, so I loved the creativity with it this episode when she refracted the light in her hands to see further.

Jul 23, 2016 1:41 PM

Aug 2013
Falling to the Dark Side? Yeah okay...Lucasfilms just called, they are not amused.

So we were spared fanservice for the most part, given some mentally challenging internal conflict plot points for Saya and now we have a 168 hour deadline to fix shit before all the planets collide? Well at least it's getting serious and we didn't have to deal with bath scenes...oh wait...nevermind, we were given the quota at the end of episode.

I feel like I could drop this but something keeps me coming back to see where it goes. It's mostly a filler show at this point.
Don't believe the hype.
Jul 23, 2016 1:52 PM

Sep 2015
This anime is average decent especially to the moment Saya started screaming and fighting wanted to apologize to Amane. Its has nice moment you know. It might be boring, but its not a negative, thats why it is called a normal show.

Don't know why the extreme negative comment about this series. The ratings these days have become somewhat extreme, what some members think either the show very good or trash for every animes. Its like the average/normal doesn't exist anymore.

"Cliche" is in most anime whether we like it or not. The idea of defeating sempai who turned to dark side, you may say it is cliche and boring plot, yet you don't really see this kind of plot everywhere.

There is some guy upstairs^ saying he 'will keep watching this solely for the tits', my reaction is like what o.0 Is there even tits to see from the start when everything is cencored and just normal short bath scene with low limit of fan service.
Jul 23, 2016 1:56 PM
Jul 2018
It was much better than the first two previous episodes.

So many bad things had happened!
Jul 23, 2016 2:32 PM

Dec 2014
Something something mind control. Something something cancer is mentioned for some reason.

Still more cute girls whining about first-world problems. Can't say I completely hate it. Its just very forgettable, unlike say, Hybrid x Heart or Qualidea Code, which are memorable for all the wrong reasons.

4/10 thus far.
Jul 23, 2016 2:43 PM

Apr 2014
Better than last episode.
Power up with feeling...seen that a lot, but whatever.
Will stick for a bit more because of fan-service.
Jul 23, 2016 2:55 PM

Jul 2015
Ange Vierge is on the verge of getting dropped lol. Everything besides the chara design is meh. And the chara design isn't all that unique either
Jul 23, 2016 5:03 PM
May 2009
I know the plot isn't good, but I'm surprisingly still enjoying this, probably my guilty pleasure of the season
Jul 23, 2016 7:56 PM

Jan 2011
SilveRR said:
probably my guilty pleasure of the season

lol mine as well,i wont go as far to say this show is out right awful but there's something about that keeps me entertained still,plus the OP is really good.

character has a lightsaber other allies have joined the darkside interested in if there's gonna be any more star wars references at this rate
Jul 23, 2016 8:32 PM

Apr 2015
- Quite an interesting episode overall
- Interesting lesson about the worlds, extra energy and why the girls came to the island.
- Entertaining fight sequence
- More bathing scenes at the end
- Had a short giggle when Hinata's clothes went poof KLK style after she was defeated.
Jul 23, 2016 10:52 PM
Jul 2009
Zantius said:
Falling to the Dark Side? Yeah okay...Lucasfilms just called, they are not amused.

You do realize "dark side" was a translation choice, right? The Japanese line doesn't say that.

Anyway, I totally loved this episode. It was cheesy and over the top, but it was a lot of fun. I really liked that Saya got her redemption this soon. No point in dragging that out. Also, she's a lot stronger than she thinks. She should have more self confidence.
Jul 24, 2016 2:44 AM

Jun 2012
Saya force is very strong...

Force be with you.. Power Of Light

Lol Star Wars Style
Jul 24, 2016 6:26 AM

Jul 2015
salvationhope said:
Saya force is very strong...

Force be with you.. Power Of Light

Lol Star Wars Style

That Why Saya Had Lightsaber she Chosen one destiny fight Dark Side

This Ange Vierge From manga become Anime https://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=109434
Jul 24, 2016 9:31 AM

Jun 2013
This was really good!
Jul 24, 2016 9:37 AM
Jun 2013
Decent episode. It makes sense that if the ouros can't defeat the progress, then use the progress to fight among themselves. The design of the ouros is still too simple, though. They look like chess pieces floating on the ocean. Looks like the power of friendship will be the plot armor for the protagonists lol. I will keep following the series for the characters, yuri, and the regular bath scenes.
Jul 24, 2016 10:32 AM
Jul 2016
1idd0kun said:
Zantius said:

You do realize "dark side" was a translation choice, right? The Japanese line doesn't say that.

Anyway, I totally loved this episode. It was cheesy and over the top, but it was a lot of fun. I really liked that Saya got her redemption this soon. No point in dragging that out. Also, she's a lot stronger than she thinks. She should have more self confidence.

Actually, the term they use is "yami ochi", which is literally falling into darkness, so I would say dark side is an apporopriate translation. Also, it's funny that the source of ALL their power was left completely unguarded against any attack.
Jul 24, 2016 10:49 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Hmm this episode was actually pretty interesting as it focuses on the story and the characters rather than on fan service.

The characters are also starting to grow into much better characters as well

The combat between Saya's team and the original assault team members who turned to the dark side was really well done. Imagine having to fight someone that you always looked up to

It must be horrible for Saya and the others

This anime is getting to be pretty strong so far and i hope it keeps up
ShingsterJul 24, 2016 10:57 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 24, 2016 11:05 AM
Jul 2009
exiledlegends said:
1idd0kun said:

Actually, the term they use is "yami ochi", which is literally falling into darkness, so I would say dark side is an apporopriate translation.

I'm not saying it isn't an appropriate translation. I'm saying they don't literally say "darkside". I think it's important to point that out because some people think they're ripping off Star Wars.
Jul 24, 2016 4:00 PM

Dec 2011
Lol I am really enjoying this anime more than I should, maybe its because I play card battler mobile games and is kinda cool that this anime use the ranking system for that, as this is based on a card battler after all.

Still, them falling to the dark side... >.< Will still watch.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 24, 2016 5:18 PM

Jun 2013
so Saya is using a lightsaber and we have turned to the dark side hmm seems legit
Jul 24, 2016 6:41 PM

Oct 2011
Awesome lightsaber action
Jul 25, 2016 10:08 AM

Jun 2015
This episode meant business. My first episode of the show and I can't wait for the next. It had surprisingly some great moments, ones you can watch again and again. The fight with the senpai was definitely the highlight of the episode with such intensity and those fierce facial expressions especially the eyes were just awesome.

Also what's with this character design? Even the protagonist (good guys) looks evil in certain panels. I don't know if that's a plus or minus. :p
HijaziJul 27, 2016 10:19 PM
Jul 25, 2016 3:57 PM

May 2015
Things got pretty serious in this episode. Decent episode. The action was pretty good.

Jul 25, 2016 8:45 PM

Jun 2015
friendship power defeats an EXR, derp...
atleast their enemy is actually smart and attacks the progress...for me, this episode is an improvement, but this anime is mediocre as hell so far
Jul 26, 2016 6:18 PM
Mar 2012
Dimension W possibility energy exists here too lol.
Everything's kinda funny, mind control & those star wars moments.
Saya's magnifying glass & outburst fight was cool with the lighting. Mostly bland but that character dev was good with senpai.
Osts pretty good.
Jul 28, 2016 9:24 AM
Jul 2016
Woah, that was a really good episode! I love tha fact that things changed, and I personally enjoy watching these anime with "lose control", "takeover", "corruption" and stuff. I'd really watch what's coming next, these series really took my interest!
Jul 29, 2016 7:34 PM

Oct 2008
The stronger SR & EXR are the ones possessed!
Damn so Saya could be stronger if she wants to, just add more rage and anger and she could defeat an SR! LOLZ!
4/5.

Jul 30, 2016 4:06 PM

Jul 2009
Saya and Amane, I am shipping already...
So now the girls turned evil and the low levels need to save them from the darkness, I was not expecting it.
Jul 30, 2016 7:58 PM

Dec 2009
Hooray, nonsense science! A 'dimension' is a human abstraction, it can't affect anything. The 3 physical dimensions as we define it, is an attribute of the forming of space, it can't do anything either, because it's a posterior geometry to fields. You sure as hell can't detect it with a device either. There's no fields in space, space IS fields.

This plot is pretty silly too, but it's entertaining.
GenesisAriaJul 30, 2016 9:02 PM
❀桜舞う空〜                   Cute is Power.           🔗CosmoGenesis Project
“You cannot know what you do not know.”
“Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.”
“A truth seeker has no patience for BS.”

I seek only to improve myself and others.
Aug 6, 2016 7:31 AM

Jul 2013
And now the strong girls become evil and is the work of the weak ones to bet them. Uhh? Cannot say I like this developming, but I totally don't see that comming.
The fight scenes were awesome, however. Hopefully, the MC will be less annoying now.
IllyricusSep 3, 2016 2:14 PM
Aug 14, 2016 2:52 AM

Feb 2015
y'know what ? i love the character design. i love the soundtrack so much especially the op song. but the story and character......literally bad imo. or more like poorly executed. i don't think they put much effort in making it. this whole episode, from the beginning until the end, i don't even fucking know what are they talking about. the level of sci-fi is too high that i can even consider is as a chunnibyou anime rather than sci-fi anime.

same to the character development too. it was mehh not bad though. but still i don't understand the character development. i just know a bit. for the detail...nope.

not only the character and story are literally bad, the animation is just okay. nothing special with it cosidering the one who is making this anime right now is silver link. you can see Fate/kaleid animation from silver link and on the other side, this anime doesn't has the same level of animation. so i kinda doubt they are putting much effort in making this anime.

and i'm feeling the same feel when i was watching mayoiga. "a waste potential"
yeah...i'm mad as fuck right now for them to waste the potential that this anime has. if the original source wanted silver link to follow the original story, and if the story in this anime is the original story....if i were the producer and i already read the story and even the dialogue for the show i would said "go to another studio"

anyway...i'm still gonna watch it until the end JUST because of the op song lol xD
PROBABLY, MAYBE....it will get better....i mean....this anime could became way more more coller and interesting than this!!!
Aug 24, 2016 12:57 AM

May 2014
The VAs are really into their roles. This was an intense and creepy episode, especially those girls turning to the dark side. Tbh this is getting interesting, I hope it keeps the serious tone in the future episodes. 4/5
Dec 4, 2016 3:40 PM

Mar 2013
unexpected good serie, too bad the first episode probably stopped some people from watching it :/
Jan 26, 2017 10:48 PM

Jan 2014
uhh, so the dark side already prepared a bath facilities too?
Sep 22, 2017 6:52 PM

Nov 2013
The Ouroboros realized, that they can't win with continuing like that and they decided to win over the strongest Progress to their side. While it's not exactly original, it made for an interesting fight.

Also the whining about the alleged whining of the characters is quite ironic.
You're a louse, Roger Smith. - R. Dorothy Wayneright
This is my fight! No Senpai, this is our fight! - Kojou Akatsuki & Yukina Himeragi
Nov 7, 2019 6:54 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
First two episodes were ok but this time I'm impressed by how this episode was boring.
Apr 29, 2021 10:34 AM

Oct 2007
one of my favorite episode. Saya vs. corrupted Hinata is brutal.

so strong, Hinata can use bare hand to block Saya's sword.

Liddo-kunApr 29, 2021 10:48 AM
Jun 21, 2021 12:26 AM

Feb 2020
Pretty nice character deveploment for Saya.

I love Sofina's Victorian gothic style. That outfit is so great. :)
May 16, 2022 10:20 PM
Sep 2020
It's been so long that I literally have no clue what's going on.

Ah wait now I remember now, the bath house scenes lol.
Jun 5, 2022 9:37 AM

Jan 2010
How did getting defeated blow Hinata's clothes off but nothing else? Actually, never mind, I don't think I'd actually want an answer to that.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ange Vierge Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 9, 2016

88 by aoo-kun »»
Jan 22, 4:53 AM

Poll: » Ange Vierge Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 24, 2016

47 by Destroyer31 »»
Aug 15, 2023 10:21 PM

Poll: » Ange Vierge Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 17, 2016

15 by Shocked »»
Jun 4, 2022 7:07 PM

Poll: » Ange Vierge Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 27, 2016

20 by Shocked »»
Jun 2, 2022 9:12 PM

Poll: » Ange Vierge Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 20, 2016

27 by Shocked »»
May 31, 2022 7:49 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.