Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 15, 2014 2:50 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Well, this was an interesting episode. Ronja's relationship with her rival clan member improves a bit although she still retains a bit of her stubbornness.

Really nice way to capture the nature of the show though and the music imo was beautiful.
Nov 15, 2014 9:07 AM

Jul 2014
Finally an episode that sort of lived up to my expectations in terms of beauty~
Nov 16, 2014 11:20 AM

Jul 2010
Ronja with all those "hmph" xD

Watching the fox playing together. Getting lost in the fog and Ronja getting lured by these beings of the fog. Birk stopping her and used a hug to keep a grasp on her.

The hugging till she stops scene really reminds me of my favourite Ghibli film! Ronja finding it hard to dislike Birk even without remembering it.

The old man really rubbed the wound there xD Felt bad for Mattis a little. Ronja finally learning what it means to be a daughter and still loves her father despite what he does.

That invasion attempt, next week seems like a fun one.
Nov 16, 2014 12:18 PM

Nov 2011
Nice character development episode. The atmosphere and tension of the mist scene was effective. The direction of the story is much more evident now.
Nov 16, 2014 12:25 PM

Jul 2011
Aw, Birk. I love afterwards how he didn't say anything, just laughed. Very sweet of him.

Clan feuds! Ah, and we get a 2 cour for this series. <3
Nov 16, 2014 1:43 PM

Dec 2012
WOW!! Mind blown! The mist scene was SO MUCH better than the film!

I always loved the idea of that scene, but even as a kid felt that it lacked the atmosphere it could have. THIS was brilliant!

I used to crush on Birk big time as a kid. . . .I can feel it awaken once more!
The 2002 Tokyo Mew Mew adaptation is not as great as you remember it being.
Nov 16, 2014 2:04 PM
Jul 2018
It was good to see Birk stopped Ronja from getting lured by the beings of the fog.
Nov 16, 2014 3:25 PM

Jul 2013
Birk is a brave little man

I am curious if these magical creatures (harpies, dwarves, etc) are going to play a key role to the story or the creator decided to put them in the forest, because she liked mythology. We still have many episodes to find out
Nov 16, 2014 5:09 PM

Jun 2013
Really good episode! I like the two kids relationship :)
Nov 16, 2014 5:13 PM

Jan 2013
Aw, poor Birk :/
Ronja was really aggressive to him oO
Birk is really nice and saved her...I feel sorry for his wounds

Nov 16, 2014 9:35 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Wow I love Birk! He's more...mature than Ronja. Even though they had a little fight about the forest, he still called after Ronja and admitted to her that he was scared of the mist. And when he helped her despite being scratched and bitten, that was such a nice scene. Of course Ronja had saved him before too at Hell's Gap, but I love how Birk just laughs it off and smiles. What an endearing kid.

But of course, Ronja is mature in her own way too when it comes to her family. Although she doesn't approved of stealing because it makes other's unhappy and cry, she doesn't mind that her father is a robber and will always love him. Pure and unconditional love for her family.
Nov 16, 2014 9:38 PM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
That misty scene was pretty creepy; especially those mysterious children's laughing and waving out to Ronja and how she was hypnotized by it.
Birk stopping her from joining them was awesome. Poor guy got scratched and bitten pretty good.

Mattis' struggle to explain his job to Ronja was pretty funny! Lol'd at the old man tsukkoming from the back every time Mattis tried to make himself look good. XD

Decent episode. They should dedicate one episode to Borka household for once.

Nov 17, 2014 6:44 AM

Nov 2011
Holy ass that mist in the forest gave me goosebumps. Made worse watching in the night. And that was some TSUUUUUUUUUUN from Ronja!!!! What a smugass fellow Birk is. How mature for a kid his age. THAT'S SOMETHING YOU DON'T GET IN ANIME THESE DAYS.

Next ep looks fun. I'd really want to see how the lives of the Borka robbers are. As Shaniyaz says, they should at least do one ep.
Nov 17, 2014 4:57 PM

Sep 2012
Thank you, old man, you made that discussion so funny.
Nov 17, 2014 5:15 PM

Dec 2012
Ew, what creepy little fog children. Birk saves the day.

Now, I don't think Ronja will let go of this father business of his :) The old man didn't help much in a very meaningful way. Dad, yahari, your job sucks :))
Nov 17, 2014 10:17 PM

Jun 2013
Hahahaha, I fucking love Mattis and the old man. What a great duo.

This show can build an atmosphere really well. The fog scene was superb.
Nov 18, 2014 6:44 AM

May 2009
Wow, this show turned to WTF in less than a minute lol Those apparitions were eerie..
Nov 21, 2014 9:13 AM

Jul 2013
the fog scene was unnatural...it actually gave me goosebumps.

love birk...such an adorable kid. and he held onto her even when she bit him!

but snarky little ronja is the best...her "hmphs" are so endearing
Nov 23, 2014 3:51 PM

Apr 2012
That sequence in the mist was really intense. For a second I thought it was one of the creepy kids that was holding the other end of the rope and that came running towards Ronja (yikes!).

But beyond that it was a great way to complexify Ronja/Birk's relationship. Now she knows she can be vulnerable too (even if she doesn't remember it), and she senses she can trust Birk. Also with saving each other's life they're now like equals and they can interact beyond the basic push/pull (which could have been boring if it had lasted) -- with a possible marriage and unification of the clans later on but that's another story.
EratiKNov 24, 2014 12:20 AM
Nov 24, 2014 12:15 AM

Oct 2013
that was pretty scary.
her ferocity to break away from him and go with those other-worldly people was borderline insane.
"Urushibara Ruka. The mannerisms and voice of a woman... No... More feminine than any woman. But he's a guy. Taller than Mayuri, but so very thin... But he's a guy. Looks great in a miko outfit... But he's a guy. It's already twilight And yet, it's so hot. The cicadas are crying. But... He's a guy."
Nov 24, 2014 1:45 AM

Dec 2012
That mist scene definitely the highlight of this episode. Really creepy atmosphere. And I liked how Birk tried to save Ronja with a hug. What a gentleman.
I like anime.
Nov 28, 2014 9:23 PM

Oct 2011
I'm in love with this. Seriously. The fog scene was really different from what I expected from this anime, it was scary. And Birk, you're so cute! I wanna hug you! Actually, I wanna hug Ronja and Birk, these two are awesome >v<
Dec 3, 2014 2:16 AM

Oct 2011
I didn't like Birk very much until this episode... I mean, in his previous apparitions, he was always polite, but kind of annoy me those little laughs every time he saw Ronja XD

but, he is so mature... his vision about the forest... how he have no childish shame about admitting his fear of the mist or looking for Ronja's help to go back to the castle... how he struggles to save Ronja... and after this, just smile to her despite of his wounds...

I love this boy, XD
Dec 9, 2014 1:21 PM
May 2012
I actually felt chills down my spine during the fog scene, really nicely done. This actually felt like something ghibli could've done. I'm so happy right now :3
Jan 18, 2015 7:27 AM
Jan 2015
NaughtyNoddy said:
Birk is a brave little man

I am curious if these magical creatures (harpies, dwarves, etc) are going to play a key role to the story or the creator decided to put them in the forest, because she liked mythology. We still have many episodes to find out

They are "only" part of the forest that Ronja is growing up in, something to fear and then overcome, with one exception, that one of the creature have tell Skalle-Pär a key secret because Skalle-Pär did save his life.
May 15, 2015 2:17 PM

May 2012
Quite lovely episode in general, quite interesting I must say! Let's see what's next.
Apr 17, 2018 1:44 PM

Feb 2017
Harder to hate on this show when it doesn't outright disgust me. The fog mother was a compelling supernatural monster, and we got significant development to Birk and Ronja and their relationship.

More topics from this board

» Studio ghibli, really?

TimetravelrN8 - Dec 15, 2017

7 by Raiseii »»
Feb 17, 4:36 AM

Poll: » Sanzoku no Musume Ronja Episode 26 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 28, 2015

43 by epidemia78 »»
Jul 2, 2022 1:15 PM

» Is this show good excluding the animation?

Supercuecaaa - May 30, 2020

1 by amarcioz »»
Aug 14, 2020 8:48 AM

Poll: » Sanzoku no Musume Ronja Episode 25 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 21, 2015

20 by eski514 »»
Apr 19, 2018 5:42 PM

Poll: » Sanzoku no Musume Ronja Episode 24 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 14, 2015

19 by eski514 »»
Apr 19, 2018 10:49 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.