Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jan 26, 2014 3:02 PM

Jun 2011
Made by necessity, popular demand, and the lamentations of a slowly dwindling admin, I present to you the Repoll Camp. Here, you will post any and all suggestions related to repolls. Sound simple? Good. Now follow the rules before you do anything that may cause confusion, or instill the desire for throat slitting.
The Poll History thread is your best friend before saying anything at all. http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=601197

* Things that are appropriate to talk about in this thread: Original titles that were inducted into the Enlightenment List at the club's founding. Titles that were voted on in polls that resulted in Enlightening or Unremarkable. Polls that resulted in -invalid-.
NOTE that a poll may only be scheduled for a repoll if it concluded over 6 months ago. Those which are still "fresh" or less than 6 months old will not be available for rescheduling. You may still cast your votes here, and they will still be counted, just not put to use yet.
2ND NOTE that once a title, any title, has been polled twice, it will be locked. After the 2nd verdict there will be no room for renegotiation and it will stay with that outcome until the ends of time, forever and ever, after the Earth has crumbled , after the sun has gone red giant, or until Nid feels like messing with it.

* If you want a title that is on the chart off the chart or vise versa, give it a "+1 to ________", which will signify that you support its repoll and plan to cast a vote in the poll, should one be made.

* If someone has nominated a title and you want it to stay as is, give a "-1 to ________", which will signify that you support its current position (Enlightening or Unremarkable) and plan to cast a vote in the poll, should one be made.

* If you have NOT completed a series, do NOT vote on it. Doing this multiple times will result in a strike issued by myself or one of our other admins. If it is a particularly long series (75 ep+), you may give your opinions on the portion that you have seen, and it will be handled on a case by case basis.

* If you have suggestions for repolls that do not directly pertain to removing or adding a title, but rather deal with the mechanics or process of repolling, counting, and other such mess, you may also post those thoughts here.

Below is a list of the current Enlightenment List from which titles may be brought into question here.

The Purgatory List

Repoll Titles That Have Already Been Dealt With

Changelog: Repolls have been set up for Katanagatari, FMA 2003, and Nausicaa.
GTO is still Enlightening, Wolf Children is not.
lordzeruOct 13, 2015 11:45 PM
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jan 26, 2014 3:06 PM

Jun 2011
Please take a look at the Purgatory List as well as the Dealt With Titles and the Poll History thread here before posting.

Also please note that some of the numbers on the Purgatory list may seem small on some titles, despite the amount of talk or number of opinions you have heard. This is due to the fact that the Purgatory List was made by tallying the votes strictly posted in the Enlightenment Camp. All other votes, either given in comments, in other threads, or in outside conversation would obviously not contribute to their official repoll.

If you have any other questions, or if you wish to begin voting, please do so.
Jan 26, 2014 3:18 PM

May 2013
Aizo will be happy :D

-1 for GTO, Rurouni Kenshin Tsuiokuhen and Paprika

Jan 26, 2014 3:19 PM

Jan 2013
Who wanted a Kenshin repoll? I'll smack da foo.

On a more productive note, you've already taken into account the votes made over skype I take it?
Jan 26, 2014 3:22 PM

Jun 2012
Are we repolling both seasons of Spice and wolf or just the first?
Jul 2012
-1 for Baccano.

It doesn't need another re poll again because the series did an excellent job on the direction of each episode, and I don't think it messed up one bit.

+1 for Parpika. I think it does need a re poll again. Because I think the movie has some of the problems I found in it.

Jun 2011
AngelsArcanum said:
Who wanted a Kenshin repoll? I'll smack da foo.

On a more productive note, you've already taken into account the votes made over skype I take it?
ForgoneReality said:
Also please note that some of the numbers on the Purgatory list may seem small on some titles, despite the amount of talk or number of opinions you have heard. This is due to the fact that the Purgatory List was made by tallying the votes strictly posted in the Enlightenment Camp. All other votes, either given in comments, in other threads, or in outside conversation would obviously not contribute to their official repoll.

Nope. It would be nigh impossible to include random snippets from club comments or Skype conversations, so they were omitted. Only official Camp votes were counted.

And as you can see, the Kenshin nomination was pile-drived into the ground.
Jan 26, 2014 3:23 PM

Jun 2011
Valkyrion said:
Are we repolling both seasons of Spice and wolf or just the first?

The 2nd season has been dropped from the E-List since it's original induction. Therefore, the repoll would be regarding the 1st season, which is currently considered Enlightening.
Jan 26, 2014 3:35 PM

Jan 2013
Didn't you ask for private votes though? I thought those counted. Ah well.

Anyways, guess I'll add some votes.

+1 Moribito: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tV5wmDhzgY8

+1 Cipher: Come at me

+1 Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood: Don't care if it gets shot down, just putting it out there

+1 Nausicaa if I haven't already

+1 Welcome to the NHK

-1 Baccano

-1 RuroKen

-1 Wolf's Rain
AngelsArcanumJan 26, 2014 3:49 PM
Jan 26, 2014 3:38 PM

Jun 2011
Those were factored into the upcoming repoll spree that we're about to have. And yes, for those titles, Akira, Spice & Wolf, Jinrui, etc. they were all counted. However, the purgatory list is not that.
Jan 26, 2014 3:45 PM

Sep 2012
Nominate:
Now and Then, Here and There

From the purgatory list:
-1 for Baccano
-1 for Paprika
-1 for Rurouni Kenshin Tsuiokuhen
+1 for Wolf Children
Fenryr19Jan 26, 2014 3:53 PM
Jan 26, 2014 3:46 PM

Oct 2010
At this point I'm going to -1 Wolf Children.

It is very hyped by this site but at this point I can't find a solid reason against its position. It is a brilliant movie that confirms the ascending career of Hosoda as an anime director. Even if other shows don't get enough recognition, that doesn't make the recognition this movie gets undeserved.
Jan 26, 2014 3:52 PM

Jun 2011
AngelsArcanum said:
Didn't you ask for private votes though? I thought those counted. Ah well.
Anyways, guess I'll add some votes.
+1 Moribito: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tV5wmDhzgY8
+1 Cipher: Come at me
+1 Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood: Don't care if it gets shot down, just putting it out there
+1 Welcome to the NHK

Angels, in your edited post you've listed the names of 4 new anime. These have not been nominated, and those were not nomination posts, but +1s. Also, this thread is more or less an extension of the E-Camp, and most of the same basic rules carry over. This includes the "1 nomination per month" rule. You may nominate 1 repoll a month here, and don't worry, this does not use up your E-Camp nomination.
So, you may pick one of these new titles to nominate, and then feel free to nominate the next one on February 1st. After each nomination they will be added to the purgatory list.
Jan 26, 2014 4:00 PM

Jan 2013
HERE YE, HERE YE! I OFFICIALLY DECLARE MY NOMINATION FOR FULLMETAL ALCHEMIST: BROTHERHOOD TO BE INDUCTED FOR RE-POLLING. DISREGARD MY OTHER +1S!

Is that satisfactory?
AngelsArcanumJan 26, 2014 4:05 PM
Jan 26, 2014 4:12 PM

Jun 2011
Angels and Litrydow, your nominations were added to the purgatory list.
All other votes from yourselves and other members were also counted and adjusted.
Jan 26, 2014 4:17 PM

Mar 2011
I know I've made my opinions on some of these clear, but no idea whether those were counted as 'official votes'. I don't think I've posted a clear +1/-1 on any show, but I honestly don't remember. Would it be possible for me to find out whether that's the case? Thank you =]

If that is not the case however;

+1 Baccano!
Its only real strength is in its story-telling, which is partially ruined by the first episode spoiling everything and relies mostly on complexity and a large cast. The immortality and subjective history thing is incredibly underlit in favor of glorified violence and 'sugoi-ness'.

-1 Gunslinger Girl
As it is a very worthy adaption of the manga (which still needs votes in the Manga camp).

-1 Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei
One of Shinbou's best series and one of the most intelligent comedies.

Also, I noticed Steins;Gate isn't in Relations? So, yeah... thought I'd bring that up ^^"

Edit: Plural is hard.
"The view from the bottom of a well may not be much, but you can see the sky and the stars really well. My world is small, but since I'm looking up at space night after night, you could say I'm a frog on a universal scale. When you gaze up at space all alone like that, the back of your mind goes quiet, and you feel as though you've gained an extraordinary amount of wisdom."
Jan 26, 2014 4:24 PM

Apr 2012
Can we just flat out remove Ryvius? The only people who have seen it are Myself, Rey, and Neane, and all three of us want it off.
Jan 26, 2014 4:30 PM

Apr 2012
-1 for Paprika
+1 for FMA:B
-1 for Welcome to the NHK!
+1 for Wolf Children
+1 for Escaflowne
+1 for Gunslinger Girl
Jan 26, 2014 4:30 PM

Jun 2011
Lazhward said:
You are correct, there really hasn't been a direct +/- from you for repolls. Your votes here will be tallied.
Also, this is where that handy dandy history thread I linked comes in use. It shows that Steins Gate was found Unremarkable in the past.

SamuelLJackson said:
Can we just flat out remove Ryvius?
No, not really. I've already marked that it needs to be polled along with Aoi Bungaku, though. It's mostly a matter of gaining recruits so that we can ensure it isn't an invalid poll.
Jan 26, 2014 4:31 PM

Apr 2012
Waste of time if you ask me. Its just going to come out invalid.
Jan 26, 2014 4:41 PM

Mar 2011
ForgoneReality said:
It shows that Steins Gate was found Unremarkable in the past.

Yes, I've certainly looked there first, but that poll was well over 6 months ago. Sorry, I probably should've mentioned that =P
I'm also not nominating it; it was clearly not considered to be part of Relations at the time, but that only makes me more curious as to how people think of it now. I'm just surprised at how little the hype has died down lately, especially since I keep on seeing reviews saying how 'incredibly deep' the story is and how 'amazing the characters are', which is quite frankly ridiculous.
I suppose that if there's enough people sharing my sentiments I would consider nominating it, and this only seemed like the proper place to bring it up.
"The view from the bottom of a well may not be much, but you can see the sky and the stars really well. My world is small, but since I'm looking up at space night after night, you could say I'm a frog on a universal scale. When you gaze up at space all alone like that, the back of your mind goes quiet, and you feel as though you've gained an extraordinary amount of wisdom."
Jan 26, 2014 4:47 PM

Apr 2012
Lazhward said:
ForgoneReality said:
It shows that Steins Gate was found Unremarkable in the past.

Yes, I've certainly looked there first, but that poll was well over 6 months ago. Sorry, I probably should've mentioned that =P
I'm also not nominating it; it was clearly not considered to be part of Relations at the time, but that only makes me more curious as to how people think of it now. I'm just surprised at how little the hype has died down lately, especially since I keep on seeing reviews saying how 'incredibly deep' the story is and how 'amazing the characters are', which is quite frankly ridiculous.
I suppose that if there's enough people sharing my sentiments I would consider nominating it, and this only seemed like the proper place to bring it up.

That too would probably be a waste of time. I certainly won't be sending it to the relations, and I have my doubts opinions have changed that much.
Jan 26, 2014 4:47 PM

Jun 2011
Lazhward said:
I'm just surprised at how little the hype has died down lately, especially since I keep on seeing reviews saying how 'incredibly deep' the story is and how 'amazing the characters are', which is quite frankly ridiculous.
Well, there was also the movie that happened recently. I'm sure that helped keep its popularity from declining because it stayed fresh on their minds. I personally have not seen either, so I don't hold your sentiments or an opinion on it.
Jan 26, 2014 4:51 PM

Jun 2012
I don't think anyone around here wants S;G on any list, tbh. Polling it would be a waste of time. It's just not that good or bad and it will be overhyped for the simple fact that it IS overhyped, and it won't die down that easily (if the hype ever dies down).

I agree with Nick with removing series that no one has watched, though. I'd rather have a real poll when somebody actually proposes it in the enlightment camp.
Jan 26, 2014 4:53 PM

Jan 2013
-1 for Baccano!
-1 for Honey & Clover
-1 for Rurouni Kenshin Tsuiokuhen
Jan 26, 2014 4:56 PM

Mar 2011
SamuelLJackson said:
That too would probably be a waste of time. I certainly won't be sending it to the relations, and I have my doubts opinions have changed that much.

I don't entirely agree on the 'waste of time' argument, especially as I'm only bringing it up for consideration. And I know that at least my own opinion has changed lately, so the same might go for others as well. At first I didn't think much of the hype and thought it was a decent show; it's still ranked 3rd on Top Anime though and people only ascribe things to it which it definitely doesn't deserve.

However, the recent movie might indeed have added to the hype, and in turn my questioning of its absence in the Relations list. I haven't seen the movie yet though, I might have to do that first =P
Jan 26, 2014 5:02 PM

Apr 2012
Valkyrion said:

I agree with Nick with removing series that no one has watched, though. I'd rather have a real poll when somebody actually proposes it in the enlightment camp.

Well, technically the thing was invalid by our current standards anyways. It was only voted in by one person, Neane, who has since then said he would rather have it taken out. If we did a poll, its more than likely going to be just Me, Zeru, Neane, and maybe one random person all voting unremarkable, and the thing will just come out invalid. We could use that time to poll better things.
Jan 26, 2014 5:03 PM

Apr 2012
Lazhward said:
SamuelLJackson said:

I don't entirely agree on the 'waste of time' argument, especially as I'm only bringing it up for consideration. And I know that at least my own opinion has changed lately, so the same might go for others as well. At first I didn't think much of the hype and thought it was a decent show; it's still ranked 3rd on Top Anime though and people only ascribe things to it which it definitely doesn't deserve.

Why? We wouldn't be voting on the movie.

However, the recent movie might indeed have added to the hype, and in turn my questioning of its absence in the Relations list. I haven't seen the movie yet though, I might have to do that first =P
Jan 26, 2014 5:05 PM

Mar 2011
Valkyrion said:
I don't think anyone around here wants S;G on any list, tbh.

Well I would want S;G on Relations, so I don't think it's fair to say no one wants it; unless I'm not counted as being a part of 'anyone' ;P I'm only asking whether other people feel the same.
And besides;
Valkyrion said:
It's just not that good or bad and it will be overhyped for the simple fact that it IS overhyped, and it won't die down that easily (if the hype ever dies down).

The Relations list isn't about terrible shows, but exactly about shows which are simply overhyped, isn't it? So I don't really understand your objections either.
Jan 26, 2014 5:06 PM

Sep 2012
-1 Baccano!
-1 Porco Rosso
-1 FMA Brotherhood
Jan 26, 2014 5:08 PM

Jun 2011
Lazhward said:

The Relations list isn't about terrible shows, but exactly about shows which are simply overhyped, isn't it?
It's about both. Either a show is really terrible (with a decent fanbase) and it gets on, or it's really overhyped/overpraised and it gets on, or it's really terrible and it's really overhyped and then it definitely gets on.
Jan 26, 2014 5:18 PM

Apr 2012
Nomination: Fullmetal Alchemist (2003)

+1 Porco Rosso
-1 Paprika
-1 FMA: Brotherhood
-1 Nausicaa
-1 Baccano!
-1 Wolf Children
Jan 26, 2014 5:22 PM

Apr 2012
-1 for FMA 03
I don't want this in either list.
Jan 26, 2014 5:35 PM

Sep 2012
-1 for FMA 2003, unremarkable.
Jan 26, 2014 6:38 PM

Nov 2011
-1 FMA: Brotherhood
-1 Now and Then, Here and There
-1 Nausica
-1 Paprika
-1 Rurouni Kenshin Prequel Thing
+1 Wolf Children
Jan 26, 2014 6:44 PM

Feb 2008
-1 Baccano
-1 DMC
-1 Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei
-1 Honey and Clover
-1 Fullmetal Alchemist
+1 Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood

"Your sight, my delight. Will you marry me?"
Jan 26, 2014 6:46 PM
Jul 2018
+1 Wolf Children

And remove Mugen from list or no elbow touching for any of you.
Jan 26, 2014 7:00 PM

Jan 2013
SamuelLJackson said:
Waste of time if you ask me. Its just going to come out invalid.

That's how I feel about Colorful, I don't think anyone really likes it.

Also:

+1 FMA 2003 As a counter measure

-1 Now and Then, Here and There
AngelsArcanumJan 26, 2014 7:06 PM
Jan 26, 2014 7:19 PM

Jun 2012
Lazhward said:

Well the movie is greatly overhyped and for little reason, so it could be relations-worthy, but adding the movie alone doesn't really make sense imho, the series is quite good on its own right and most of the resident community of this club (as far as I know) considers it firmly in unremarkable territory, hence why I made a generalization by saying that "no one wants..". You're still free to propose a repoll, though, I guess.

FMA 2003 +1
Paprika -1
Jan 26, 2014 10:07 PM

Apr 2012
-1 FMA Brotherhood
-1 Baccano
-1 Rurouni Kenshin: Trust and Betrayal
-1 Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei (based on the one season I saw)
-1 Ryvius
-1 Welcome to the NHK
+1 FMA (2003)
"The more inexperienced you are, the more you want to show off."
- Oreki, Hyouka
Jan 27, 2014 7:51 AM
Apr 2009
Saraiya Goyou +1 (decent show but I don't think it's good enough and it doesn't really have any importance-to-anime-history reasons or the like to bolster its case)
Infinite Ryvius +1 (I'll still vote yes for Enlightening but it never got a poll and it's plausible it won't succeed with one so it's only fair that the people who don't want it on the list should get a chance to make their case.)

Baccano -1 (on the other hand this one is just a waste of time, it's not going anywhere)
FMA: Brotherhood -1 (see above)

Shouldn't Uchuu Kyoudaii just be removed for now since it's not finished?
Jan 27, 2014 8:52 AM

Jun 2011
Update!

* Baccano! was removed from the purgatory list due to the number of negative voters. As it stands, Baccano will stay on the E-List.

* Wolf Children has received a total of 10 votes at this point, 8 of which were for the positive repolling. It has also been at least 6 months since the original poll concluded. This title will now be added to the poll schedule at some point in the future.

* 2 New nominations have been added to the purgatory list: FMA 2003 and Saraiya Goyou.

* All other votes since the previous update have also been tallied.

----------------------------
A note to KaiserMagus - though you are free to nominate Saraiya Goyou, and it has indeed been added, this title was polled quite recently. Therefore, even if supporters are gathered, it will be at least a mandatory 6 months since the conclusion of the previous poll before it can be scheduled for a 2nd round. This has since been withdrawn.
Also, I should make it clear that Welcome to the NHK! is not on the purgatory list and does not need defending. There was an error on the nominators part, and it was not accepted as a new nomination.
ForgoneRealityJan 27, 2014 11:12 AM
Jan 27, 2014 9:34 AM

Apr 2013
ForgoneReality said:
* Baccano! was removed from the purgatory list due to the number of negative voters. As it stands, Baccano will stay on the E-List.
And so does Rurouni Kenshin Tsuiokuhen. I'm sure the -∞ will not change, even until the far, far future from now.

-1 Saraiya goyou (It's hasn't even been 6 month yet since it got polled, btw http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=682651)
-1 DMC
+1 GTO
Jan 27, 2014 9:38 AM

Apr 2009
Porco rosso is enlightening and I will fight for it. Take this as at least 10 votes against a repoll.
Steel Ball Run anime when?
Jan 27, 2014 10:42 AM
Apr 2009
Ah. Don't bother with Saraiya Goyou then.
Is there a list anywhere of Enlightenment list titles that never got a real poll?

Edit: Eh, suppose I can just look at the history of polled titles and check for what isn't there.
Jan 27, 2014 10:47 AM

Sep 2012
KaiserMagus said:
Ah. Don't bother with Saraiya Goyou then.
Is there a list anywhere of Enlightenment list titles that never got a real poll?

Edit: Eh, suppose I can just look at the history of polled titles and check for what isn't there.

In the opening post there's a "Below is a list of the current Enlightenment List from which titles may be brought into question here."
Jan 27, 2014 11:11 AM

Jun 2011
There is indeed the list in the OP, but that is just the E-List unaltered. I do in fact have a list of all the Enlightenment titles that never got a poll though. It's below in the spoiler.

Jan 27, 2014 11:12 AM

Feb 2008
Guess I should add some more votes:

+1 Great Teacher Onizuka
+1 Wolf Rain
+1 Oban Star Racers (I really liked the show, but it's not really e-list material, sorry Amber! Not like it can even collect 8 votes haha)

"Your sight, my delight. Will you marry me?"
Jan 28, 2014 9:29 PM

Oct 2011
-1 DMC
+1 Escaflowne
-1 FMA 2003
-1 GTO
+1 Gunslinger Girl
+1 Ryvius
+1 Nausicaa
-1 Paprika
-1 Tsuiokuhen
-1 Wolf's Rain
Jan 29, 2014 11:39 AM

Sep 2008
+1 FMA (2003)

After rewatching it recently I have a different opinion of it.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Sticky: » The New Manga Enlightenment Camp - All plebes and Untermenschen MUST attend

Exinqt - Aug 21, 2015

31 by Ducat_Revel »»
Apr 2, 6:33 PM

» 10 Steps to Becoming an Anime Elitist

Deago - Jun 2, 2023

2 by AaronRRedfield »»
Jan 11, 3:52 PM

» Winter 2024 Overview

Deago - Dec 20, 2023

0 by Deago »»
Dec 20, 2023 8:24 AM

» Anime/Manga Recommendation Thread Based on Your List ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

TrishaCat - Jan 25, 2013

1161 by GanXWeed69o7 »»
Aug 19, 2023 12:15 PM

» Summer 2023 Overview

Deago - Jun 14, 2023

0 by Deago »»
Jun 14, 2023 7:48 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.