Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Nov 7, 2013 8:26 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Oh damn, the girls are in trouble now.

I kinda like this new pilot introduced from the latest episode. An alright episode overall I guess. Time to explore~. They almost look like treasure hunters to me.

Pretty intense second half.
Nov 7, 2013 8:28 AM

Apr 2009
Well, shit. That was pretty fucking sad.
Nov 7, 2013 8:32 AM

Jul 2010
Poor crippled girl getting a glass shard in her thigh and then that ending. Wow.
Nov 7, 2013 8:53 AM

Sep 2012
A serious second half that somehow did not resonate with me.
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Nov 7, 2013 9:48 AM
Dec 2012
That ending was surprising. I thought they would survive. Or maybe survived like Hozuki did last time?

It felt rushed when they found the map so soon. Wish it had taken the longer time if not so long as the Da Vinci Code.
Nov 7, 2013 12:05 PM

May 2013
That was so sad at the end. I was hoping that they would rescue them in time.
Nov 7, 2013 12:12 PM

Aug 2010
That was sad. I hope they survived =(

And why can't the Galileo kick those robots' metal asses? Hocchibi, you need to install more guns, better guns. Why didn't Galileo draw the schematics for a wave motion gun on his moon charts =(

This ending made the hocchibiservice in the beginning a bit stale for me =(
I want Rambo in a mecha-suit with a laser-chainsaw gun that fires nuclear warheads, fighting the love-child of Predator, Alien, a group of Bangladeshi terrorists, and Satan. (Actually that would be a pretty sick show) - StopDropAndBowl
Nov 7, 2013 12:28 PM

Jan 2013
Damn! o_o
Nov 7, 2013 12:41 PM

Feb 2011
The last half reminded me of the end of the Elemental Gelade manga when

Mod Edit: Use spoiler tags, not just *Spoiler*.
rodacNov 7, 2013 7:29 PM
Nov 7, 2013 12:58 PM

Apr 2013
Wow, I didn't think I'd get attached to Theo and Karen in one episode, but that ending was freaking said.
It was her birthday too ;_;. Well at least they were smiling together at the end. Such a cute couple.
Nov 7, 2013 1:17 PM
Oct 2010
For a "genius" boy, why didn't he think of using the underground passage? It might collapse, but on the surface they are toast.

And silly Hozuki, if she wanted to save them she should have gone without the fishplane, it would have been enough to shield them with her very thick plot armor.

BTW, I guess the AI is actually intelligent, preventing Hozuki from a theoretical suicide. (and her armor probably doesn't extend to the fishplane)
AjunkyNov 7, 2013 1:20 PM
"Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain"
Friedrich Schiller
Nov 7, 2013 2:11 PM

Aug 2012
That was actually pretty sad. That hit me harder then I expected it would.

Nov 7, 2013 3:04 PM

Jan 2013
Mills said:
It was her birthday too ;_;. Well at least they were smiling together at the end. Such a cute couple.
I think he also told her, that he loved her. The story of the two was so powerful without melodrama. A truly great executed tragedy.
Nov 7, 2013 3:17 PM

Feb 2012
Yeah I'm done with Galilei Donna. The story is being sacrificed for dull character development and the episodic stories themselves are too shallow for my taste. Pity since I liked the first two episodes. Oh well.
I Write About Anime (and other stuff) At Standing On My Neck
Nov 7, 2013 3:22 PM
Aug 2011
I felt nothing.
Nov 7, 2013 3:37 PM

May 2012
Damn. That was fucking sad. They was just kids. Hate that Hozuki had to go through that.
Nov 7, 2013 3:51 PM

Feb 2012
Shit the sad stuff with kids always gets me.
Nov 7, 2013 3:51 PM

Jul 2013
I was expecting Ludger to change his mind at the last moment, but I still find it hard to believe that the kids died
Nov 7, 2013 3:56 PM

Jun 2011
I'm sad and fucking pissed at the same time.
I hope that those fucking guys die a gruesome death.
Even though it looked hopeless I want those kids to survive. I hope they do.
Nov 7, 2013 3:58 PM

Jun 2011
I love how Ludger materializes a SMG out of nowhere.
Nov 7, 2013 4:08 PM

Dec 2010
Fuck this gay earth
Nov 7, 2013 5:17 PM

Jul 2012
Wow, okay so I didn't expect this cutesy sci-fi to actually have a character death. I was totally shipping Theo and Hozuki but then I gave up when it was fatal that he wouldn't live. A lot of people aren't into this episodic theme we have going on here, but I'm actually quite enjoying it.
Nov 7, 2013 5:18 PM

Sep 2010
Flawfinder said:
Yeah I'm done with Galilei Donna. The story is being sacrificed for dull character development and the episodic stories themselves are too shallow for my taste. Pity since I liked the first two episodes. Oh well.
Nov 7, 2013 6:20 PM
Jul 2012
F U LUDGER! WHY DID THEY HAVE TO MAKE ME SO ATTACHED TO THEO AND KAREN!? I WANT TO SEE MORE OF THEM! I swear to God, that I was telling to myself, "Hochi will save them, yes Hochi will save them, YES SHE WILL!" But, NO DICE! God dang it.

I find the plot rather fast, but still enough to make me get some feels.
Nov 7, 2013 6:42 PM

Apr 2012
Damn, I did not see this coming.

Galilei donna certainly was a surprise this season.
"Rejoice! We are humans— we are the most talented people! Precisely because we were born without any ability— we can achieve anything— this is the will of the weakest race!" – Sora, ‘No game No life Vol.01’
Nov 7, 2013 6:43 PM
Oct 2012
Humm, never realized there were so many elementary grade school kids on MAL. Live and learn.

Disappointed because they showed a pointless death? Like that doesn't happen tens of thousands of times a day around the world. Grow up. Rather than complaining you all should be giving this show credit for going there and even more credit for not making a big deal over it. That is what happens in life, and in war.

And while you were all whining about that you probably overlooked that the just explained that the world is heliocentric, but when they show it in around five episodes you all will still be complaining about "plot armor" and how inconsistent this show is because you have been too dense to follow what is going on.
Nov 7, 2013 6:58 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Wow that was really sad...fuck that guy who sold them out. At least Theo and Karen left smiling.
Nov 7, 2013 7:05 PM
May 2011
The tragedy could have been avoided if Ludger warns everyone.
I wish that he get captured and become someone's bitch in the prison.
Nov 7, 2013 7:23 PM

Jan 2013
What a sad ending to this episode, I didn't expect such a thing to happen in this anime.
I believe Theo's last words were " happy birthday Karen. I love you " :/ that ludger guy should just go to hell ;.;
Nov 7, 2013 8:10 PM
Jul 2012
Well I wasn't expecting that... I'm just curious now whether they'll go through with it or make everything work out in the end like in the other episodes.
My anime blog
Ganebare Anime
Nov 7, 2013 8:58 PM

Aug 2013
Wow I didn't see that coming. Here I thought it was just another episode of "look for sketches and meet people along the way." What made it sadder was seeing Theo and Karen smiling at each other in the end while the light from the explosion came.

I usually don't praise death scenes especially when kids are involved but this one was well done. No melodramatic music, no cheesy goodbye speech. Just two people happy together in the face of imminent demise.

TT______________TT
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Nov 7, 2013 9:11 PM

Aug 2013
Well that was pretty sad. I didn't expect them to die.
wow gay
Nov 7, 2013 9:34 PM

Jul 2013
Damn, I don't know what to say in this episode, the second half was just too much with two new characters introduced and gets killed off... T_T

Nov 7, 2013 9:40 PM

Mar 2008
That ending. OMG too sad. The poor childhood friends who probably died in each others arms on the Karen's birthday.

We thought the parents were dead, maybe we'll get lucky?
Nov 7, 2013 9:54 PM
Nov 7, 2013 10:14 PM

Mar 2012
The script felt so forced to make drama...
Introduce bunch of new characters. Make some adult evil and kill some children, vola! Drama! Feels! Our audience must be retarded! Last episode for me!

Also, I really hate how this depict Netherlands, which is almost like Somalia. Plague with poverty, infested with pirates, ravaged by war, and bomb to hell every other day by other nations to stop the rebel and pirates.
I love Netherlands in real life, it is a beautiful, successful, and wealthy country. To be represented like this, make me sick to the Stomach.
leeo268Nov 7, 2013 10:38 PM
Nov 7, 2013 10:16 PM

Mar 2013
Ludger's heel face turn was out of nowhere. I couldn't take it seriously because it was too rushed, which ruined everything that happened thereafter for me because I felt nothing.

Also, I hate that it doesn't actually show the bombs hit, just a flash of light. It feels inconclusive given this show's "doesn't anybody stay dead anymore?" treatment of the mom and dad.
Nov 7, 2013 10:40 PM

Sep 2013
I'm surprised Hozuki's first reaction wasn't "Eek why are you win the girl's restroom!?" :P

Seriously how could they not notice that the Blue Hawk's base is in the church >.>

Ludger is an asshole!!!!

:( Poor Theo and Karen.
Nov 7, 2013 11:29 PM

Jan 2011
I know this was meant to strengthen Houzuki's resolve when going up against Adni Moon but damn that was sad.
[center]
Nov 8, 2013 12:02 AM

Jun 2013
Damn , that was sad. Great episode tho it seems to be a bit rushed. Hozuki's depressing mode , activated. Imma change my Hazuki to Hozuki , my loli instinct is regenerating.

Btw , feels.
Theo : I will always love you.
http://i.imgur.com/OtVyUOJ.jpg
"Children of Japan. And those who were once children. Listen! This is not a dream. This is not fiction. In reality, your superheroes were always fighting. To teach viewers courage and the meaning of justice! No matter how many enemies there are. No matter how strong evil is. Just remember. Does any another country have so many heroes? Has any another country been protected by multiple superheroes? Stand with me, friends! Remember when you used to watch your superheroes!
Once you may have given up this dream. But today, you can be a hero!"

- Kaname Jouji , Red Axe

Nov 8, 2013 2:20 AM

Mar 2009
Theo and Karen will be fine. If last week's episode is any indication, they'll simply wake up with a cold.
Nov 8, 2013 3:28 AM

Jan 2008
Mormegil said:
Theo and Karen will be fine. If last week's episode is any indication, they'll simply wake up with a cold.

Haha, I didn't think about that, but yeah :D

On the serious note though - they got me with that ending. Overally better than the previous episode in my opinion.

Random thoughts:
- Hazuki, one does not walk around very cold country with neck's exposed. You are lucky it's only a cold;
- BUT the outfits were cute! Especially yay for pumps and Kazuki's sweater. Hazuki's was nice too, but lack of the scarf made it cringeworthy. It really ticks me off when characters are running around in clothes that are nonsensical for current weather. Bonus points when they comment in a Captain Obvious manner that it's cold -.-
- Hozuki is such a fragile, soft-spoken sissy, it pisses me off. Children in anime that are neither a shy to the point of being scared to live mimosas or brats that beg to be killed with fire virtually don't exist...
Nov 8, 2013 3:37 AM

Jul 2011
This episode is written way better than the last episode, is the writer in every episode even the same person?!!! I'm getting inconsistent in rating this anime,
1st episode = 8
2nd episode = 7,5(8)
3rd episode = 7
4th episode = 5! (i want to rate it 0!)
5th episode = 5,5 (6)

The story is all over the place, i like the plot and the design, but the writing is just... is just... oh man.... HORRIBLE and INCONSISTENT!!!
but well this episode is quite decent until that SHIT dumbassness pathetic fail shock attempt Ludger suddenly sold off the village WTF, LOL that's not a plot twist, that's a fucking warm feces right out of the writer stinky moist asshole, i wish i live in japan and could speak japanese so i can insult the writer in his face and show how stupid he is in writing and he should just work at mcdonald because he's a fucking shitty human being with NO talent. ARGH!

ps : That Theo and Karen death scene is one of the best deaths i've ever seen in an anime, beautiful yet heartbreaking, BUT IT DOESN'T HELP THIS ANIME FROM HAVING A SUPER SHITTY WRITING!
milloNov 8, 2013 3:47 AM
Nov 8, 2013 4:00 AM

Oct 2011
what the heck, this ep made me cry :(
Nov 8, 2013 4:41 AM

Mar 2012
Wow, this was a pretty sad episode.
Nov 8, 2013 7:28 AM

Jun 2009
millo said:
This episode is written way better than the last episode, is the writer in every episode even the same person?!!! I'm getting inconsistent in rating this anime,
1st episode = 8
2nd episode = 7,5(8)
3rd episode = 7
5th episode = 5,5 (6)

The story is all over the place, i like the plot and the design, but the writing is just... is just... oh man.... HORRIBLE and INCONSISTENT!!!
but well this episode is quite decent until that SHIT dumbassness pathetic fail shock attempt Ludger suddenly sold off the village WTF, LOL that's not a plot twist, that's a fucking warm feces right out of the writer stinky moist asshole, i wish i live in japan and could speak japanese so i can insult the writer in his face and show how stupid he is in writing and he should just work at mcdonald because he's a fucking shitty human being with NO talent. ARGH!

ps : That Theo and Karen death scene is one of the best deaths i've ever seen in an anime, beautiful yet heartbreaking, BUT IT DOESN'T HELP THIS ANIME FROM HAVING A SUPER SHITTY WRITING!

A piece of advice, if you want to critique an anime try pointing out why it is what you say it is. Because while the writing isn't stellar I certainly can't call it horrible and I see nothing of this inconsistency you speak of. There's a difference between episodic and inconsistent. Also curse more, it makes you sound smarter.

The plot does have a lot of contrivance though. But I recommend to treat this as you would a Saturday morning tv show. It's more enjoyable that way. If the kids are dead (Which I say they are, being minor characters who have no worth in coming back to life) I say it was a nice twist. Cheap yes, but I still like it.

If you want horrible writing and inconstancy try watching coppelion.
AidanAK47Nov 8, 2013 7:31 AM

"I always take life with a grain of salt, ...plus a slice of lemon, ...and a shot of tequila."

Nov 8, 2013 8:00 AM

Jul 2011
AidanAK47 said:
millo said:
1st episode = 8
2nd episode = 7,5(8)
3rd episode = 7
5th episode = 5,5 (6)

A piece of advice, if you want to critique an anime try pointing out why it is what you say it is. Because while the writing isn't stellar I certainly can't call it horrible and I see nothing of this inconsistency you speak of. There's a difference between episodic and inconsistent. Also curse more, it makes you sound smarter.

The plot does have a lot of contrivance though. But I recommend to treat this as you would a Saturday morning tv show. It's more enjoyable that way. If the kids are dead (Which I say they are, being minor characters who have no worth in coming back to life) I say it was a nice twist. Cheap yes, but I still like it.

If you want horrible writing and inconstancy try watching coppelion.

first of all I'm sorry that i swear too much since i was in such a rage mode after watching the episode and remembering last week episode.

The cheap twist wasn't the deaths of the kids, but the sudden shift in personality of Ludger! It's not a twist where you were like "Oh shit didn't see it coming", instead it's the kind of twist that makes you "wtf *puke* that is so dumb!".

I don't have any problem with episodic anime, i enjoyed a freaking CHIBI MARUKO-CHAN!!! I only have a problem with an anime in general that has a HORRENDOUS writing.
Coppelion isn't actually a case of a bad writing, it's more like a bad directing.
Bad writing is this shit, and Kyoukai no Kanata!
I hate to say but KnK is surprisingly better than this.
Nov 8, 2013 8:03 AM

Aug 2010
millo said:
I don't have any problem with episodic anime, i enjoyed a freaking CHIBI MARUKO-CHAN!!! I only have a problem with an anime in general that has a HORRENDOUS writing.
Coppelion isn't actually a case of a bad writing, it's more like a bad directing.

Why don't you just drop it and knk and be on your merry way? That's what I did with coppelion.
I want Rambo in a mecha-suit with a laser-chainsaw gun that fires nuclear warheads, fighting the love-child of Predator, Alien, a group of Bangladeshi terrorists, and Satan. (Actually that would be a pretty sick show) - StopDropAndBowl
Nov 8, 2013 8:52 AM

Aug 2013
Snifff* I want to cry :"| sad ending for them

LCWS | SCS | TCO | NC | DNC
Nov 8, 2013 8:54 AM

Jun 2009
millo said:

first of all I'm sorry that i swear too much since i was in such a rage mode after watching the episode and remembering last week episode.

The cheap twist wasn't the deaths of the kids, but the sudden shift in personality of Ludger! It's not a twist where you were like "Oh shit didn't see it coming", instead it's the kind of twist that makes you "wtf *puke* that is so dumb!".

That wasn't a sudden shift in personality. We only knew Ludger for one episode and that episode only showed face value stuff at the beginning. It showed none of what he was thinking. What you are talking about is that it wasn't foreshadowed. It's a feasible development but there was nothing to show this change. That said with a little imagination one can see how he could come to a choice like this.
No offense Millo, but at least in this the writing makes sense within the context of the narrative. There's no mistaking B2 bombers with crows, no making wild conclusions out of nowhere, no characters making illogical choices with poor reasoning, or moving into dramatic emotion breakdowns faster than a Mari Okada anime. That's not poor directing. In all honestly the writing is so bad it makes me certain that this is either a horrendous adaption or the source material is just that bad.

Kyoukai no Kanata isn't bad. If it was bad then at least it would be notable. It's forgettable and unambitious. Which in some ways is worse than it being bad.

"I always take life with a grain of salt, ...plus a slice of lemon, ...and a shot of tequila."

Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Galilei Donna Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 19, 2013

160 by andreariona »»
Nov 3, 2020 5:04 AM

Poll: » Galilei Donna Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 12, 2013

91 by Vindicater »»
Jul 12, 2019 7:20 PM

Poll: » Galilei Donna Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 5, 2013

79 by Vindicater »»
Jul 9, 2019 10:24 PM

Poll: » Galilei Donna Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 28, 2013

56 by Vindicater »»
Jul 6, 2019 3:13 AM

Poll: » Galilei Donna Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 24, 2013

114 by Liddo-kun »»
Mar 18, 2019 4:16 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.