Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Sep 30, 2010 2:45 PM

Aug 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Wow, I'm surprised nobody posted anything on this episode yet.

This episode had quite a bit of flashback scenes, which means a lot of reused animation.

The fight scene between Ferris, Ryner, Sui, and Kuu was pretty damn awesome though. Arua was surprisingly more useful in battle than I had expected. Really fun battle to watch, just:

Pretty good episode this week, and this episode does hint at the possibility that

Screenshots :)

4.2/5

Next Episode Preview: Kill the King – きる・ざ・きんぐ (kiru za kingu)

Sep 30, 2010 6:31 PM

Jul 2009
Kuro4735 said:

Prolly because....

Kuro4735 said:
This episode had quite a bit of flashback scenes, which means a lot of reused animation.

If he's not with us, he's AGAINST us!!!

Sep 30, 2010 9:11 PM
Jun 2008
Kuro4735 said:

because I am sleeping =P
This show air at 3am and its very hard to catch it.

The conversation in this episode remind me of the argument posted in the Forum in the previous episode.

Let me see, Hmm...Sui lost an arm during episode 9 and now he lost another arm in this episode.The previous time he use fire to stop the bleeding but now he use ice to stop the bleeding ...... ice....It stop the bleeding but...(sigh) hope he don't die ^.^
Sep 30, 2010 11:20 PM
Nov 2008
Where can i find a fully subbeb Densetsu no Yuusha no Densetsu Episode 14? I am awaiting its arrival...XD
Oct 1, 2010 5:49 AM

Sep 2009
georgeobj said:
Where can i find a fully subbeb Densetsu no Yuusha no Densetsu Episode 14? I am awaiting its arrival...XD

you're gonna have to wait about 6 more hours for the FUNI rip's to come out if you wanna see it subbed....or wait till tomorrow or the day after that for Derp's release

this ep was as legendary as its name suggests XD
InariusOct 1, 2010 5:54 AM
Oct 1, 2010 7:39 AM
Nov 2008
Inarius said:
georgeobj said:

you're gonna have to wait about 6 more hours for the FUNI rip's to come out if you wanna see it subbed....or wait till tomorrow or the day after that for Derp's release

Thanks a lot......I will just hav to be more patient then....^^
Oct 1, 2010 10:26 AM
Oct 2009
Just finished watching this ep.

http://www4.funimation.com/video/?page=video&v=6508

Cool episode, bro.
Oct 1, 2010 11:05 AM

Jan 2008
Not a bad episode. That kid learns spells and fighting skills pretty fast. Now he may be able to protect Kuku from this point on. Well, at least try.

Next week's preview looks hilarious. I'm sure the fan girls who love the Ryner X Sion pairing will get a kick out of it. Although they'll probably wish they were both shirtless instead. :P

We're barely halfway through this and there's already much turmoil that almost looks like it won't get finished. Or maybe it will. So much for Sion to deal with. But that's what makes him a good king.
I reject your reality, and substitute my own.
Oct 1, 2010 11:28 AM

Jan 2009
Yeah, dat OP, still awesome.
"Ryner-sensei". "Ferris-sensei". Yeah, that sounds pretty good : D

Anyway, even if Sui and Kuu are following the king of Gastark, and pursuing his goals, do they have to be painted up as evil? I mean... They're doing it for a just cause, right? Couldn't they be portrayed differently?

...Ohai Miran : D
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Oct 1, 2010 11:51 AM

May 2010
Alpha Stigma = Sharingan? At least what I thought?

Also this episode was too dark, I can barely see anything.
ConfuciusOct 1, 2010 6:53 PM
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Oct 1, 2010 12:14 PM

Apr 2010
Inarius said:
georgeobj said:

If you take a course Japanese you won't have to wait on the subs any more, if you dislike waiting that much.

Oosran said:
Yeah, dat OP, still awesome.
Anyway, even if Sui and Kuu are following the king of Gastark, and pursuing his goals, do they have to be painted up as evil? I mean... They're doing it for a just cause, right? Couldn't they be portrayed differently?
In times of war there is no evil, you will see your enemy as evil your enemy will see you as evil.
And that's usually because you and your enemy are fighting for a different cause, who started the war doesn't really mater.
It's just that governments and leader try to demonize there enemy's in the view of there people, this is a popular form of propaganda during wars. (A good example of this is how Iran is claiming that capitalism brings misfortune)
In the end it's just a mater of of which ideas do sound most appealing to you and what do you want to believe.

This was yet another nice episode.
It was a bit predictable that Miran was listening in the shadows tho, and that he would take action at some point.
However there was some plot development because he was there, which wasn't disappointing at all.
And seems like next week we have some Milk again.
Oct 1, 2010 12:20 PM

Aug 2009
That was a very satisfactory episode. 4/5
Oct 1, 2010 12:20 PM

Nov 2009
Confucius said:

Eww.. Your right. i never really took notice of that till now. At least Sharigan was bad ass too, and Alpha Stigma has a tint of nine tailed fox power mixed in there. (Why not since we are already on the reference?)

Glad to see the Arua arc episode i have been waiting for.
Oosran said:
Anyway, even if Sui and Kuu are following the king of Gastark, and pursuing his goals, do they have to be painted up as evil?

I still don't see that whole side as evil since he is basically doing the same thing Sion is. The fact that they called Alpha Stigma bearers monsters pushes that, but hey, we have Miran on the Roland side too.
Oct 1, 2010 1:54 PM
Jun 2010
Alpha Stigma = Sharingan + Berserker armor

Oct 1, 2010 2:59 PM

Jan 2009
helur said:
Oosran said:
Anyway, even if Sui and Kuu are following the king of Gastark, and pursuing his goals, do they have to be painted up as evil?
I still don't see that whole side as evil since he is basically doing the same thing Sion is. The fact that they called Alpha Stigma bearers monsters pushes that, but hey, we have Miran on the Roland side too.
Well, what I meant was more like... Probably that they're even drawn in a way that makes them look more evil than they actually are. They talk with tones making them sound more evil than they are, etc.
Well Sui and Kuu, that is, Refal on the other hand sounds like a totally awesome dude.
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Oct 1, 2010 3:28 PM

May 2010
Another great episode. I didn't really mind the flashbacks, but I was surprised with Miran's apperance. But damn, Miran is so awesome.
Now I wonder, when Miran will figure out that Ryner & Ferris are working for Sion. But on the next episode, it seems Sion becomes... Evil? It will be such a plot twist.
Oct 1, 2010 4:01 PM

May 2010
nice i saw miran again and the usual pervert accusation of ferris and the fight was good
Oct 1, 2010 4:13 PM

Nov 2008
That part at the end with Sion with rather ominous and the best part of the episode for me. I wonder where they'll take this, if Sion does end up becoming evil.
Oct 1, 2010 4:16 PM

Sep 2009
Miran is pure awesome with his evil vibe and formal language.
The dragon hand is still cool.
I wonder how much Ryner will rage over Sion once he gets to know about Miran's deeds.
Woo hoo, Ferris and Milk...what are they blushing at??? Want to see! Want to see! XD
Overall: 4/5
Oct 1, 2010 5:10 PM

Sep 2009
Linalee-Stratos said:
Miran is pure awesome with his evil vibe and formal language

For whatever reason, the guy keeps reminding me of Krizalid from Kof99

the author prob got the char design from him :-/
Oct 1, 2010 8:32 PM

Oct 2009
Nothing much to say now.

Oh Sui, you were held back by Miran this time.

9/10

Oct 1, 2010 9:03 PM
Jun 2010
Lack of Sion and politics in this episode.

Good thing blond girl wasn't as annoying as usually. Nice use of the Ice walls by blond girl, she can really be handy during battles lol

Next episode we might see Milk again

-__________-

Oct 1, 2010 11:32 PM

Jan 2010
An ok episode. So the little kid learn some spells.
Oct 2, 2010 3:09 AM

Feb 2010
that was a ok episode.
Oct 2, 2010 6:32 AM

Jun 2008
Sion is getting darker and darker. anyone noticed how he now started trying to change the whole world and by effect will start more killing and becoming exactly how Ryner said his king wasn't?
His completely falling into Froaude's way of thinking.

Ferris way of jumping over the ice wall was awesome. Showed some good fighting skills there. I only wish she would stop harassing the poor bastard. I think she make it because his so in-deferent and pessimist. By abusing him and calling him names she's forcing a reaction from him.

Did that guy just lost both his arms? Wow! that's gonna be a tough life.
MonadOct 2, 2010 1:04 PM
Oct 2, 2010 6:52 AM

Sep 2009
Monad said:
Did that guy just lost both his arms? Wow! that's gonna big a tough life.
Both really? I thought it was only his dragon arm.
Oct 2, 2010 8:05 AM

Aug 2009
Another thrilling episode.

And DAT OP. I can't get enough.
Oct 2, 2010 8:45 AM

Dec 2008
Great episode...a little dark...wasn't sure if that was the way it was drawn or if I needed to adjust my monitor.
I just wish that one time Ryner would give Ferris an open-handed smack in the mouth. Her comments about Ryner being lecherous were funny at first, but now it's getting quite old.
Me thinks Sion is about to talk a walk to the dark side...
Oct 2, 2010 12:03 PM

Jun 2009
Next episode looks awesome. I think. Anyways this was a good one. Nothing special but its good.

Oct 2, 2010 12:19 PM
Jun 2007
This was the first episode that I didn't like at all. The series has had plenty of flowery speeches in the previous 13 episodes but this one takes the cake for being overbearing and obnoxious. This was like reading Sword of Truth all over again with two characters that aren't conversing but rather, they just spew the most grandiose string of words their linguistic skills could take them.
Oct 2, 2010 12:52 PM
Jun 2008
^
For me i thought this episode is more like a recap since we reach half of the show right now =P
Oct 2, 2010 1:04 PM

Jun 2007
Good episode is ryner going back to roland? Well arua n kuku will be treated better in roland. Well looks like roland will be preping for war Ryner wont like it
Oct 2, 2010 1:30 PM

Aug 2009
episode with less Sion and more Ryner and Ferris is a win for me. Not that I hate Sion or anything but there has been less Ryner and Ferris as of late.
Oct 2, 2010 2:32 PM

Nov 2007
I'm just not convinced the twins and Gastark are the "enemies" and too evil. their king especially. Miran saved them here but he's definitely going to be an enemy and I also think Sion will be evil.

pretty glad it focused on Ryner and not so much Sion here. Arua was actually useful but the poor kid gets pawned off on the returning Milk.
Oct 2, 2010 2:49 PM

Jul 2009
well.. a lot in a sense happened in this episode but for some reason i wasnt satisfied in the end. oh well, always next week.
Oct 2, 2010 8:23 PM

Oct 2007
Linalee-Stratos said:
Monad said:
Did that guy just lost both his arms? Wow! that's gonna big a tough life.
Both really? I thought it was only his dragon arm.
One right arm in the last battle against Ryner and One left arm in this battle, so yes he is an arm-less pink-hair-hero now.

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Oct 2, 2010 9:01 PM

Nov 2007
Monad said:
Sion is getting darker and darker. anyone noticed how he now started trying to change the whole world and by effect will start more killing and becoming exactly how Ryner said his king wasn't?
His completely falling into Froaude's way of thinking.

This has been happening since episode 6. And the flash in Sion's eyes all but confirms my theory that he's possessed/corrupted by Miran's flashy ring (see my comment here).

This episode was fairly good, I wasn't even bothered by the Ryner/Ferris interactions because we got a good dose of action, Miran, Sion and Lucile. If the rest of the eps have more of the latter then I will be pleased.
yamakasiOct 2, 2010 9:10 PM
Oct 2, 2010 9:33 PM

Nov 2007
Not being too critical or anything but...
Oosran said:
"Ryner-sensei". "Ferris-sensei". Yeah, that sounds pretty good : D

How in the world Arua knew Ryner's name?

Putting that aside, another great episode. Miran is still an evil though, but in the Roland's side. And I am pretty sure why Sion doesn't get too bothered about anyone, because the strongest one (Lucile) is always behind his shadows. Loved the fight scenes and Ryner's little speech :P

And the OP and the ED still are awesome to me.
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Oct 2, 2010 9:37 PM
Feb 2009
i found this episode to be really slow paced.. and wonder why the background is always black or really dark to see.
Oct 2, 2010 9:53 PM
Jun 2008
shanimebib said:

How in the world Arua knew Ryner's name?
I think they cut the scene where Ryner teaching him how to use Alpha Stigma =P
Oct 3, 2010 12:13 PM

Aug 2010
Confucius said:

:D pretty much my thoughts~
& ... Sion seems to be becoming a darker character...
How come Sion hasn't told Ryner more about Miran? Their on the same side aren't they?

[T.C.O] | [C.C.O]
Oct 3, 2010 8:34 PM

Apr 2009
OceanStarrs said:
Confucius said:

:D pretty much my thoughts~
& ... Sion seems to be becoming a darker character...
How come Sion hasn't told Ryner more about Miran? Their on the same side aren't they?

Considering Miran is doing all the things Ryner considers plenty of reason to not join Gastark it's probably because Sion knows Ryner wouldn't approve.
Oct 4, 2010 6:32 PM

Jul 2008
God I love this serie even tough objectively it's not that good.
I want the next episode now ._.
Oct 4, 2010 10:44 PM
Mar 2010
^me too.

Ryner has to learn to kill people when he has the oppertunity.

And, i know its eventually going to happen, but I applaud Sion for upholding his righteous vision for so long because of his promise with Ryner.
Oct 5, 2010 11:34 PM

Oct 2010
Seriously it's getting better by the episode! I really love the part where he invokes the alpha stigma, it makes him look so cool. At least he looks more reliable than he used to.
Oct 6, 2010 9:05 AM
Feb 2009
lol poor guy already loss both hand n two hero relic... if this goes on i might just pity those two siblings...

the situation kinda becoming struggle between two ideals, one is we must kills in order to protect; while another one believe that killing can be avoided. i m looking forward to see how it will turn out.
flame_tiongOct 6, 2010 9:21 AM
oblivious is a bliss
Oct 7, 2010 8:46 PM
Jan 2008
This episode could have been easily avoided with they told the girl to wait for them during their rescue for the boy. w/e more action Kaboom Boobies Brain shutting off.
Oct 12, 2010 6:11 PM

Feb 2010
pretty awesome episode imo.. (finally catching up w/ this series)...

I wonder what will become of Sion; they are really alluding to his evil downward spiral... I hope he doesn't fall completely.

There's still a lot of show left, so we'll see.... And yay A LOT of Ryner & Ferris this ep! ^^
Oct 13, 2010 6:33 AM

Jun 2009
Awesome shit is awesome. To think it started so moderately, and i expected it to be an absurd comedy...
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー
Oct 21, 2010 4:32 PM

Jul 2009
Arua is such an annoying whiny brat. Hopefully we'll never see him again
More awesome fighting scenes! Love it. Oh and Fraoude ... you conversing with Ryner is the best. Problems coming for Sion ...
Lol next episode: Kiru za Kingu XD (I think ... from my very poor Jap skills)
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Second season of The Legend of the Legendary Heroes/Densetsu no Yūsha no Densetsu ( 1 2 )

EsPwnage - Mar 31, 2012

64 by Rahul_101 »»
Apr 15, 9:02 PM

» What is the point of making Ferris so annoying?

CrackerSnatcher - Apr 19, 2020

11 by AnOnYmOuS__101 »»
Apr 30, 2023 5:54 AM

Poll: » Densetsu no Yuusha no Densetsu Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Oosran - Dec 16, 2010

314 by Enjyu »»
Nov 7, 2022 8:00 AM

Poll: » Densetsu no Yuusha no Densetsu Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

MorningGlory - Nov 4, 2010

104 by PedroKarim64 »»
Sep 9, 2022 10:29 AM

Poll: » Densetsu no Yuusha no Densetsu Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

ShanaFlame - Jul 8, 2010

100 by DKDiabloLicht »»
Aug 18, 2021 8:56 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.