Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jan 26, 2008 5:28 PM
Jan 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
plot armor or still awesome?
Jan 26, 2008 10:57 PM

Aug 2007
Just like it. Although seeing the thrones in action isn't bad, it''s gotten boring for me again as the show returns to the oh-so-overpowered gundam trend. And I'm not too fond of the new three pilots anyway. Wanna give Graham a gundam and so I could see a real good fight between them now, not a one-sided battle and ambush like this.
Jan 27, 2008 3:10 AM
Nov 2007
It was a cool episode. Gundam Thrones FTW!!
Jan 27, 2008 6:30 AM

Oct 2007
First half was awesome, but it lost me during those flashbacks...
Jan 27, 2008 1:34 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
BIG REVELATIONS!!!!

Now we OFFICIALLY know leaders and important persons (UN involved?) from all around the world are secretly "observing" Celestial Being and they have the right to reject the organization if they want to....

Just as I said in last week's post, Gundam 00 is really inspired by Isaac Asimov's Foundation series. We know this now more than ever.

-Aeolia's recorder video announcement is EXACTLY like Seldon's video predictions made centuries after his death. He has PLANNED EVERYTHING centuries beforehand...

-Veda/Vader is somekind of psychohistory prediction database. It only gives enough informations to each participant and member of CB. No one knows more than he or she should. If Gundam 00 is the same as Foundation, then ALL is included within the plans, EVEN the failure are PART of the plan. Nothing is random or accidental....

-The first team is exactly like the First Foundation, they completely ignore the existence of a SECRET Second Foundation. This is exactly what happenend with the Gundam Thrones. The second team is kind of like a failsafe plan.

In the beginning, I was doubting how Celestial Being functions. If it is really like Foundation, then everything falls into place. The only mysteries now are:
What CB plans to do next? How the countries are going to react? and most importantly, WHAT is the TRUE objective of CB? It is surely not as simple as something like "eradicate all war".....

EVERYONE, PLEASE READ ISAAC ASIMOV's FOUNDATION SERIES, CLASSICAL HIGH LEVEL SF MASTERPIECE. This is the next thing you want to read, believe me....

I have no doubt now, the producers REALLY are Isaac Asimov's fans!!!!
wakka9caJan 27, 2008 1:38 PM
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Jan 27, 2008 2:08 PM
Sep 2006
wow.. what happened to the realistic fighting.. now its all about overpowering suits again.. but still an awesome episode i guess..
Jan 27, 2008 3:33 PM

Jul 2007
Well i got the point of this episode...
They wanted to hype up the Thrones even more... I guess they are getting ready for the big clash of our Four Meisters against the Thrones...
Jan 27, 2008 3:51 PM

Oct 2007
Good episode! get to see the new set of Gundams!!

looking forward to the next episode!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 27, 2008 4:49 PM
Jan 2008
lecor said:
wow.. what happened to the realistic fighting.. now its all about overpowering suits again.. but still an awesome episode i guess..

so it's totally okay for Soma to beat Al up just because she has a super suit that protects her brain?
Jan 27, 2008 5:09 PM
Lead Admin
Faerie Queen

Aug 2007
Blah, summary episode. It was an okay re-cap, but nothing really happened. Boo.

Don't know what to think of the new Meisters yet. Will have to wait for next episode...
Jan 27, 2008 7:20 PM

Dec 2007
Good episode. That's exactly how a recap episode should be. The Throne Gundams are insanely badass. Can't wait to see more of them.
Jan 27, 2008 9:28 PM
Jan 2008
Yeah want to learn more about the trinity, cannot wait til next ep ^__^
Jan 28, 2008 12:10 PM

Aug 2007
A great episode. I finally got some reasons of why certain things still continue to played out. I really like how the episode played out, and I'm liking the Gundam Throne Unit 2, Throne Zwei. I like how it reminds of how the Strike Freedom when it launches it missiles/beams out.

I'm really curious to know more about the Trinity. I can't wait for the next episode.
Jan 29, 2008 1:56 AM

Jun 2007
bla fucken overpowered bitches! The show was great till they introduced these three. They better not be as powerful as they seemed in this episode. If they are, my positive opinions of this series are gonna drop down to negative ones real fast. They fucken added funnels into the show too! Why?! there was absolutely no need to add something that powerful into the show damn it!

The only think I can think of is that they're trying to please all of their Gundam fans (ie. girl fans get sexy male pilots, old school Gundam fans got the whole in depth war story and semi realistic Gundams, and now we have the over powered Gundams to please the newer Gundam Wing/Gundam Seed fans) blaaaaa pisses me off. They better make up for this in future eps!

@wakka9ca - interesting, I'll have to read it sometime. Also, I'm pretty sure CB's goal is still to piss the whole world off enough to target them and only them for the next 200+ years. I think that was what Trinity was originally for too. As you said, a fail safe or a second phase. Trinity's position in this was probably to appear only when the world nations finally allied together to attack CB and the original Gundams where overwhelmed (which happened last episode). They where probably kept a secret from the current CB staff so they would stay focused on their plans and not slack just because they knew they would be saved later on. As you mentioned Veda only tells people what they need to know and nothing else ;).

Jan 29, 2008 5:36 PM

Jan 2008
loved this EP Definitley it was great, looking forward to next weeks
Jan 30, 2008 6:18 PM

Jun 2007
Hopefully the thrones are killed off by the end of the season.
Jan 30, 2008 8:26 PM

Dec 2007
I don't think the thrones are as powerful as they seem
It's probably just the fact that the enemy was not expecting them
Had they been in the actualy battle... i still think that they would've lost
Jan 30, 2008 10:13 PM

Nov 2007
Tekky99 said:

/agree

I'm sure if some of the thrones and (original) Gundams switched places we'd have the same result.
Jan 31, 2008 9:48 AM

Oct 2007
Astaroth said:
Tekky99 said:

/agree

I'm sure if some of the thrones and (original) Gundams switched places we'd have the same result.

Agree here as well...
Thinking about it makes sense, all 4 Gundams knew it was a suicidal mission when they went, they even devised numerous plans of escape with what little hope they had...
But they had and do what they said they would for Celestal Being!!!
Feb 1, 2008 11:23 PM
Feb 2008
Boring; we've seen enough winning.
Feb 3, 2008 5:02 PM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
I liked the new Meisters and their Gundams, and also their weapons. Though at the moment they seem quite overpowered. I'm sure the world will have a few aces up their sleeves, too. Looking forward to more. The recap wasn't really necessary.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Feb 3, 2008 7:44 PM

Jan 2007
I don't see the problem with the CB being "overpowered" The great part about this show is seeing all the reactions to the CB. And the three new Gundams really make the CB existance itself more interesting. So good episode minus the recap
Feb 3, 2008 7:51 PM

Oct 2007
Pretty good episode even with the recaps. The new gundams have some pretty cool features that should give CB an even better chance in their struggle against... the world. I really enjoyed the scene where Neena filled the sky with red GN particles.

Feb 3, 2008 8:57 PM

Jul 2007
Very nice episode, the new Gundams looked pretty cool and had some very nice moves although I also didn't see the need of having a recap mixing in half way through the episode but anyways still a good episode nonetheless^^,
Feb 3, 2008 9:12 PM

Nov 2007
That was quite a creative way to introduce a recap.

Next episode we will see more about the real purpose of Celestial Being, so I'm looking forward to that.
Feb 3, 2008 9:28 PM

Sep 2007
Probably the best recap episode I've ever seen (despite the fact that a recap was completely unnecessary), though it helps that they spent less than half of the episode recapping, and the tidbits of new information were quite welcome as well, so it was at least able to keep things entertaining. New gundams look rather absurd, but considering the way gundam series work, that's no surprise. It won't be long til the rest of the world develops their own overpowered superweapons so they can have their elitist duels ;)

Series is still coming along quite well, looking forward to the next episode (as soon as menclave releases it that is)
Feb 4, 2008 4:25 PM

Nov 2004
A partial recap. I didn't really want to see that, although I do like how they tried to integrate in the recap so much better with new information and new footage. Rather then the traditional style. Not really liking the Thrones or the pilots. None of them seem interesting. While I'm happy they brought in a female pilot, she had to have the type of personality I disliked the most (and the voice, gah).

It wasn't difficult to assume that the members of CB we are aware of don't know about other Gundam Meisters. Considering I doubt they know about the existence of the other ones also (not introduced in the anime).
Feb 9, 2008 10:36 AM
Jun 2007
I agree with those who said that for a recap episode, this was pretty good. Its much better than how they recapped in other gundam series. the Thrones look overwhelming and makes the original 4 pale in comparison. I thought that the original 4 Gundams were powerful but this new batch is just ridiculous. as for the new meisters, it seems that their goals are different.

Feb 9, 2008 7:39 PM
Feb 2008
Another great episode, and for the record, this is how to do a recap ep right, i.e. refresh our memories with key moments whilst wetting the appetite just enough with plot development to leave me begging for more. Very cool, and testament that this show is just getting better and better.

May 3, 2008 7:55 PM

Apr 2008
Trinity's kinda cool...but so Mary Sue-ish.
Jun 9, 2008 10:21 AM

May 2008
this anime is quickly growing on me and the OP and ED and helping a great deal with that.

btw wth is vader? a program?
Aug 17, 2008 5:45 PM

Jun 2007
These new Gundams look even more overpowered, and the pilots are annoying as well, especially that Mihael guy...I'll just wait and see how this all turns out.
Your search on "Oran Solus" returned the following quotes:
"Oran Solus? I know him. What a wanker. He still owes me a tenner." Oscar Wilde
"Oran, you're so intelligent and awesome <3" Bakayaro
"Oran's sexy." LolitaDecay
"Oran is a sophisticated penguin." Drybananna
"Oran is a Hand-Eye you faggots." EddieSpaghetti
"Oran for Prime Minister." the_prime_one
"Oran is all that is stated in his sig and more." orbitzz

Jan 25, 2009 4:22 PM

Jul 2008
Ugh. We really did not need three new superpowered characters when the first four haven't been developed yet.

BEGINNER
May 28, 2009 10:26 AM

Jun 2008
Good way to make a recap.
Anyway things are getting more complicated. Secret organizations and secrets above secrets. So the UN are helping CB or are they part of it? Really confused. What is the big plan?
If i am correct that scientist who made Gundams left his plans and instructions in that Veda computer for CB to follow but the computer told them nothing about the new Gundams.
And what role to the new Gundams play? Gundam Thrones and the Trinity sound like cool names. They also looked really strong and there pilots seem to be hardcore with out all the sentimentality of the first Gundam pilots.
Can't wait for what's next.
Sep 24, 2009 5:14 AM

Aug 2008
No fraking way, Kugumiya voicing character in Gundam? Are you shitting me, even mecha series aren't safe anymore? Sigh... I demand more destruction.
Ii tenki desu ne...
Oct 1, 2009 9:56 AM

Sep 2008
I am not liking this. :( Previous episodes were better. And wtf was that Seele thing? So UN is basically controlling CB?
Feb 8, 2010 8:22 AM

Nov 2008
Those three new Gundams are way cooler.

I wonder what role those "observers" play in all of this.
Oct 14, 2010 2:05 AM

Aug 2009
the trinity siblings are here.
new gundam meisters, right?

"Perhaps the distant part of the sky always seems clearest, so that we will always strive to reach it."

chiquit

Jan 18, 2011 7:10 AM

Oct 2008
Great episode, and I was glad to see that the whole 200 year celestial being project wasn't entirely reliant upon those 4 suites. They should be the overseers of the operations and step in when the original are unable to complete their missions, and I was glad to see the new Gundams were powerful (I would like to say much more powerful than the original 4). I was glad to see that, as pilots, the trinity gundams seemed mentally stable (at least for now) than any of the other 4 pilots. I like the 3 new gundams a lot more than the original 4.

I also believe the whole point of the Celestial beings project was for their technology to be far more advanced and far more overpowering to the enemy in order to stop war. It wouldn't be much of a fight if it was basically all the worlds military vs a few pilots with the same era technology. They should be overpowered, and that is the point of the Celestial Beings, they are suppose to be able to stop war with technology that is far more advanced than anything that's been seen on the battlefield. This however has lead to a great advance in a lot of countries technology in order to combat the Gundams.

Even thought it was a recap episode it was pretty well done.
ZensationalJan 18, 2011 7:20 AM
Apr 22, 2011 12:03 AM

Sep 2009
This was the worst episode in the series.
All the gundams were saved.

Three new overpowered as all shit gundams were introduced.
I hope all three of the pilots die painful horrible deaths for taking away what could have lead to the three nations having their own powerful suits.

And arg. Grahams squadron was killed in...what. Five seconds. probably less. That was a bunch of bull.

Even the mercenary who Setsuna has a grudge with. Didn't last a minute.
Can we PLEASE get a Char clone in here? If only for the sake of having Celestial Being not win every god damn fight.
Jun 10, 2011 8:25 AM

Mar 2009
Awesome, I almost forgot about the thrones.

I have to disagree with the norm, I think the thrones are a nice addition to the show.
They are a little over the top, but it's a good way to show the world that CB can get extreme when needed.

Gawd I love this series, even the recap ep is more entertaining than half the crap airing right now.

And, from here on out is when it starts to get really F***'d up!

Urahara Out!!
Nov 20, 2011 7:05 AM

Mar 2008
Did I just watched recap? Anyway, flashbacks aside it was boring.
Why authors clanged to idea that no one should take off any part of the gundam? It looks way too silly how they fight 4 vs. the whole army of 1000 mecha and maintain perfect shape or their gundams, and any their enemies is like, poof - broken. Especially when their gundams are nothing special in terms of material they made of, only engine is very hi-end.
And now we have 3 more. As previous posters I also believe (hope) they are not stronger. They just can't be. Even if they do, it can't be seen cause it looks like Gundam power is absolute, only the gundam master is a culprit sometimes.
After all what is happened, to be at lest somewhat satisfied by these series and to bring some balance, I need to see irreversible death of some of the gundam masters. Probably 2 of them would be enough for the start. They have 3 new guys anyway.
Nov 26, 2011 1:36 PM

May 2009
Endymion said:
Especially when their gundams are nothing special in terms of material they made of, only engine is very hi-end.
It's the same material but the Gundams' armor is more advanced and better re-enforced, plus they use GN Fields under the armor to strengthen it even further.
Nov 26, 2011 9:10 PM

Mar 2008
stAtic91 said:
It's the same material but the Gundams' armor is more advanced and better re-enforced, plus they use GN Fields under the armor to strengthen it even further.

This was explained somewhere in some episode and I totally missed it or this is just a guess?
Nov 27, 2011 8:10 AM

May 2009
Endymion said:
stAtic91 said:

This was explained somewhere in some episode and I totally missed it or this is just a guess?
Don't think it's explained in the series. It's from Gundam wikia.
Jan 10, 2012 3:44 PM
Nov 2011
I love Nena Trinity, LOL. But her younger brother's Gundam with its fangs is just pure fierceness.
Be thankful for those you have near who are dear
For time is not always kind to those who would be on your mind
Seize the day, some exclaim, but that which is past, no more shall have its day.
Apr 7, 2012 7:46 AM

Sep 2010
KugiRie in gundam? dafuq
Aug 23, 2012 11:45 PM

Dec 2008
Trinity Gundam to the rescue! xD
Apr 15, 2014 1:14 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
wakka9ca said:
BIG REVELATIONS!!!!

Now we OFFICIALLY know leaders and important persons (UN involved?) from all around the world are secretly "observing" Celestial Being and they have the right to reject the organization if they want to....

Just as I said in last week's post, Gundam 00 is really inspired by Isaac Asimov's Foundation series. We know this now more than ever.

-Aeolia's recorder video announcement is EXACTLY like Seldon's video predictions made centuries after his death. He has PLANNED EVERYTHING centuries beforehand...

-Veda/Vader is somekind of psychohistory prediction database. It only gives enough informations to each participant and member of CB. No one knows more than he or she should. If Gundam 00 is the same as Foundation, then ALL is included within the plans, EVEN the failure are PART of the plan. Nothing is random or accidental....

-The first team is exactly like the First Foundation, they completely ignore the existence of a SECRET Second Foundation. This is exactly what happenend with the Gundam Thrones. The second team is kind of like a failsafe plan.

In the beginning, I was doubting how Celestial Being functions. If it is really like Foundation, then everything falls into place. The only mysteries now are:
What CB plans to do next? How the countries are going to react? and most importantly, WHAT is the TRUE objective of CB? It is surely not as simple as something like "eradicate all war".....

EVERYONE, PLEASE READ ISAAC ASIMOV's FOUNDATION SERIES, CLASSICAL HIGH LEVEL SF MASTERPIECE. This is the next thing you want to read, believe me....

I have no doubt now, the producers REALLY are Isaac Asimov's fans!!!!

Interesting. Thanks for your perspective. That new Gundam team completely came out of left field and the Surveyors were WTF, but with what you're adding to the discussion, things make a bit more sense. I'm not sure I like the Throne team though. They feel like wandered in from Seed or something.
FarabeufApr 15, 2014 1:21 PM
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Jun 22, 2014 4:51 PM

Feb 2013
Nina Trinity!

Good idea. Let's spread some glowing red (radioactive?) particles all over the place! (that was still a cool scene with the music and all)

Although not directly revealed, this seems to have been one of Veda's plans, not something Sumeragi necessarily agreed with, but she still came up with a plan to give the meisters a chance... not knowing about the other 3 gundams.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam 00 Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Requal - Mar 28, 2008

187 by LotteGiants »»
Feb 27, 4:30 AM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam 00 Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KrylonBlue - Mar 7, 2008

108 by LotteGiants »»
Feb 27, 2:15 AM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam 00 Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KrylonBlue - Feb 23, 2008

73 by LotteGiants »»
Feb 26, 11:22 PM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam 00 Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 )

kurotsuki - Feb 16, 2008

82 by LotteGiants »»
Feb 26, 11:13 PM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam 00 Episode 9 Discussion

cyruz - Dec 2, 2007

44 by Neemesis_2 »»
Feb 25, 11:31 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.