Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (13) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jun 16, 8:24 AM

May 2020
"I never considered him my father but he always considered me his son"

RIP Paul
he will be missed
This too on fathers day
they managed to save zenith but at what cost
looks like she isn't herself anymore
feel so bad for Rudy

Some LN Extra Details (Volume 12 Chapter 8-10 (partial))

- Elinalise lends mana imbued crystals to Roxy and Rudy incase they needed to recover their mana.
- Hydra is a type of dragon. It was varied by colors of white, gray and gold in Demon Continent, but they never saw a green type before.
- Roxy said it is a Manatite Hydra that absorbs mana. It was spotted during the second Great Human-Demon War. It was last heard to be slain before the continent split apart.
- They cremated Paul's body there to prevent it from being zombified even though Rudy was conflicted by it. He had hoped to bring some part of him back as a proof to his family, but none is left
- Paul only left 3 things, the metal breastplate that protected his torso, the magic sword and his favourite sword.
- A lot of thinking and reminiscing when Rudy was at the inn. He wonders what Paul is actually thinking seeing his final face in his death, and what is he actually trying to say beforehand (Maybe we will see that more in next episode)
- Rudy had hoped that he could celebrate and then grief together with Zenith once she woke up, but he was truly depressed to see her condition and knowing that he had lost both of them.

Differences from LN
- Part of chapter 10 is shortened after they saved Zenith
Homura24Jun 16, 9:16 AM

Jun 16, 8:26 AM

Apr 2011
Happy Father's Day everyone. Hope you liked that. Did they really delay the series to release this episode today? Fuck's sake. And yay, we get double whammy with the Zenith reveal as well.
Jun 16, 8:26 AM

Dec 2021
Here we go... the final battle.

Had high expectations going into this episode, especially because Bind brought their Avengers team for this one, so I knew the animation was going to be amazing, and it was. Anyway, I really don't blame them for retreating—they're obviously not ready. Paul was pretty much just blinded by the fact that Zenith was there. But at the same time, it's that same determination that Paul needed to inspire the others.

Hydra is CGI, as everyone expected. I mean, it's a nine-headed dragon where all the heads move at the same time. I doubt even Kaiju No.8 from this season could keep up a 2D form for that. But even so, the main action scenes were still incredible. And that scene where Rudy just said fuck it, went no magic, just fingers, and gouged out the dragon's eye—so tough man. Unfortunately, he did lose a hand. But the biggest loss of all... damn. I was spoiled, but even still, this hurts.

The thing about this is that at first, we were made to hate Paul, but as we kept going, the show made us empathize with and feel for him. And just like that, he's gone. The pain for Rudeus doesn't even stop there; granted, this was expected, but his own mom forgot how to speak... and if she can't speak, I'd bet that she doesn't even know who he is... Saved her, but at what cost.

To delay this episode by a week just so it could air on Father's Day... you're truly sick in the head Bind.

Jun 16, 8:27 AM

May 2020
I mean you know, the tension was there, even before they encountered Hydra. That teleportation circle or whatever was visually scary if you ask me. But yeah, when you’ve a huge monster to deal with and the person you’ve been searching for is just right there, fighting among your own people should be the last thing to do lol. Goes to Rudeus and him being not optimistic when it matters, as Paul acting the way he did was natural.

The fight was alright, but there’s always so much one could do when regeneration and all is involved. That is that, but we know one thing, to assert the importance and stakes of a fight in any media, we always see a sacrifice in the end. Paul might have survived but no, I think that would’ve been a too nice and happy conclusion for something they are advertising as a true last goal for quite some time. This airing on father’s day of all days can’t be a coincidence.
Jun 16, 8:27 AM

Nov 2011
This looks like something straight out of a dungeon crawler game. Rudeus and his party reached the final floor and forced to face off against a giant hydra monster. I guess it serves as a boss and potentially one of the most dangerous creatures they've ever faced.

Also, I feel like Paul has matured a bit. I know he's a grown man but feels like his character got more mature in personality after this time away from Rudeus. Hell of an episode though. That labyrinth is no joke for adventurers and probably near impossible to solo.
Jun 16, 8:28 AM

Apr 2011
Reply to IzanaSolos
Here we go... the final battle.

Had high expectations going into this episode, especially because Bind brought their Avengers team for this one, so I knew the animation was going to be amazing, and it was. Anyway, I really don't blame them for retreating—they're obviously not ready. Paul was pretty much just blinded by the fact that Zenith was there. But at the same time, it's that same determination that Paul needed to inspire the others.

Hydra is CGI, as everyone expected. I mean, it's a nine-headed dragon where all the heads move at the same time. I doubt even Kaiju No.8 from this season could keep up a 2D form for that. But even so, the main action scenes were still incredible. And that scene where Rudy just said fuck it, went no magic, just fingers, and gouged out the dragon's eye—so tough man. Unfortunately, he did lose a hand. But the biggest loss of all... damn. I was spoiled, but even still, this hurts.

The thing about this is that at first, we were made to hate Paul, but as we kept going, the show made us empathize with and feel for him. And just like that, he's gone. The pain for Rudeus doesn't even stop there; granted, this was expected, but his own mom forgot how to speak... and if she can't speak, I'd bet that she doesn't even know who he is... Saved her, but at what cost.

To delay this episode by a week just so it could air on Father's Day... you're truly sick in the head Bind.
@IzanaSolos You know what the really sick part of that delay is? It's not even Fathers day in Japan when the episode released. They did that purely to fuck with the international audiences.

Feb 2018
So long Paul!
You will be miss!
My 2023 candies:

Dec 2010
Another hurdle that Rudy must pass....

Death of the father (on fathers day) and a seemingly amnesiac mother.

RIP Paul... That was painful to watch
Oct 2020
R.I.P Paul
Rudy must have felt very devastated after all the disasters he experienced
Jun 16, 8:29 AM

Nov 2021
Damn. It's a sin to release this episode on the father's day.
They even delayed an entire fucking episode so that this will air today.
Rudeus lost his hand. Paul lost his life.
Zenith potentially lost her memories.
What a fucked up life for Rudy.

Rip Paul. We'll miss you.💔💔
-AcheronJun 16, 9:06 AM

Jun 16, 8:29 AM

Oct 2017
You can say Paul was scumbag and womaniser but he loved his family and gave his life for them. Zenith is finally saved but Paul's gone and even Zenith doesn't seem fine at all. Utterly devastating for Rudeus and everyone. To air this episode on father's day btw.
Jun 16, 8:30 AM

Apr 2016
Reply to yhunata
Happy Father's Day everyone. Hope you liked that. Did they really delay the series to release this episode today? Fuck's sake. And yay, we get double whammy with the Zenith reveal as well.
@yhunata I think the meme that they have moved this episode to air exactly on the fathers day should just stay as that, a meme, and not trying to conjure something from it that isnt there.
Jun 16, 8:30 AM
May 2018
RIP Paul
Not to be disrespectful, but he traded his life for a vegetable
Jun 16, 8:31 AM

Jul 2017
Gutwrenching, soul crushing and absolutely amazing episode as a whole. A spinechilling episode on Father's Day no less.

Paul's not a perfect man but he fought till the very end, protected his son and managed to help save his wife and have the rest of his family reunite together. Ironic given he spent the most energy in working to reunite his family but at least as a man, he accomplished his job till the very end like a real family man. An amazing character there and the moment Rudeus' POV cut to seeing him lose half his body, no monologue or lines spoken but Paul just smiling that he managed to do his job broke me.

The action was amazing and intense, the music was awesome, the emotions have taken me over and even the ending was terrifying too as Rudeus sees Zenith awake but unable to speak anymore and her memories lost. For an episode called 'Parents', this show did an unreal job in breaking me apart with death and tragedy, and with what Zenith went through. Studio Bind did everything in their power to make this episode feel powerful and boy did they. Absolutely loved and hated how they didn't feature much dialogue and chose to have no music after Paul's death and leave that in an empty silence as he passes on, and the scenes after having no dialogue but music included to just add more weight with what just happened. Rudeus lost his father, his mother is permanently affected and he lost his arm and mental strength too. This show is very unforgiving when it chooses to do so.

I could say far more about the episode but the emotions are heavy, this was an incredible episode and one that has left me feeling very hollow. Happy Father's day everyone. What a choice to have this episode air on this very day.
Jun 16, 8:31 AM

May 2020
Reply to DeRickz
RIP Paul
@DeRickz come on man don't say that...

Jun 16, 8:32 AM
Oct 2008
This... was intense.
Jun 16, 8:32 AM
Feb 2018
Tragic, Paul will be missed. Rough way to go. They handled it as well as I could have hoped. No tragic last words, just over. Very well done.
Jun 16, 8:33 AM
Apr 2024
Happy Father DAy PAull
Jun 16, 8:34 AM
Oct 2011
Anime of the season/10
despite the rough start
Jun 16, 8:40 AM
Oct 2021
i fucking cried and almost puked
Jun 16, 8:41 AM

Dec 2019
This episode was something else, makes me wanna cry for hours... Heartbreaking stuff throughout and was so well adapted, even expertly animated and voice acted throughout.

The fact that Paul didnt even say anything to Rudeus when they cut to him being in half or have a flashback made it even more emotional and depressing in the process. Just one slight smile told his story and while he can be an ass, he busted his ass to rescue his family and boy did he do that till his last breath like he told his son. Zenith at the very end there was heartbreaking too to watch given how bubbly her personality was in the first few episodes of this entire series. Rudeus claimed to not see her as a real mother midway in the episode, but I think he really felt that weight of Zenith and Paul being like real parents to him after this.
Jun 16, 8:42 AM

Dec 2019
And in fitting fashion, bots are back to ruin the score of the most important ep of this season. Wonderful... what a shame that this happens constantly.

Jun 16, 8:45 AM
Oct 2013
It took me few minutes after its end to let it sink in despite already spoiled myself due to being an LN reader. That was raw, and pure emotional. RIP Paul.
I cannot bring myself to rate anime that I have completed below 5. Well, it just because I have use up my precious time to watch it. so, the worse you will get from me is 5 (changes may apply)
Jun 16, 8:46 AM
Feb 2021
This is the worst father's day I've ever had in my entire life.
Jun 16, 8:46 AM
Jul 2015
Happy fathers day Paul
Jun 16, 8:49 AM

Jul 2014
Really? On bloody fathers day too? They really delayed the ep just to fck with people? Kill the mc’s dad in fathers day!? Whoever decided to do this has a special place in hell, kidding aside this really is a sick idea lol.

I knew Paul was gonna die due to spoilers but man this still came at a shock to me, bro died a father, saving his kid. All because Rudy got a little careless when only 1 head remained bro was like “we got this in the bag”.

Still tho, Paul is OP as fck, I hope Rudy was a little better with the sword, then we could have had a badass sword spell master combos from him.

May 2015
Reply to DeRickz
RIP Paul
@DeRickz well except she's not a vegetable so there's that

Feb 2021
Btw why does Rudy still use incantations sometimes? Does it make it less mentally taxing to cast?
The animation during the fight is beautiful
WAIT WHAT WHY NOOOOO
Literally got goosebumps when they showed half of Paul's body laying like that
And that ending... Did Zenith really just lose all of her memories? Like, literally everything? Dear god T_T
Happy father's day everyone
EmbientJun 16, 9:00 AM
Dec 2020
Still in shock even knowing what's about to happen. I was worried the staff change of season 2 would make this episode hit less hard, but they did a great job animating that epic fight and brutal ending.

RIP Paul, you will be missed ;(
Jun 16, 8:50 AM

Aug 2013
They really aired this one on Father's Day....dayum man.
That was rough.
Don't believe the hype.
Jun 16, 8:55 AM

Jul 2017
Reply to -Stray
Really? On bloody fathers day too? They really delayed the ep just to fck with people? Kill the mc’s dad in fathers day!? Whoever decided to do this has a special place in hell, kidding aside this really is a sick idea lol.

I knew Paul was gonna die due to spoilers but man this still came at a shock to me, bro died a father, saving his kid. All because Rudy got a little careless when only 1 head remained bro was like “we got this in the bag”.

Still tho, Paul is OP as fck, I hope Rudy was a little better with the sword, then we could have had a badass sword spell master combos from him.
@-Stray Love how Bind terrorized us with this on Father's Day, and just as a petty action, include what happens with Rudeus' mother too for extra misery this week. Mother's Day had Sylphie be pregnant with bringing new life and Father's Day took a life away so equivalent exchange works in this anime?
Jun 16, 8:55 AM
Jul 2023
Such pinnacle of writing and timing, most deserving to be called a masterpiece.
Jun 16, 9:00 AM

Feb 2021
RIP Paul, pretty cruel for this episode to air on fathers day...

Jun 16, 9:00 AM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
After almost 3 years of waiting, we finally get to this.
And now we can finally talk freely, Paul is DEAD.
There are a few details to this scene that I hope they explain later, otherwise people really need to be paying attention, to the little change in expression Paul's face had upon seeing that thankfully he was able to save his son, and be do a parent's job at the end.
Easily the most emotional episode of S2, the remaining episodes will only pick apart these scenes further and add ash to the fire, if someone has yet to feel something, watch the next few episodes.

I would say this is PEAK MT from everything we have seen so far, but S1's Orsted was better executed, was more cinematographic, when I feel that staff was MOSTLY needed for this scene.

What we got still does not deliver the impact of the LN (whereas S1 Orsted surpassed the source material IMO), yet I cant shit on the studios for giving this with the staff they, this is clearly the best MT episode they have produced.

I like the choice of OST for the scene the final 3 minutes, and the animation was far above anything else this season, but I think that fight needed a better soundtrack, to feel even more intense.
Animation wise I have little complains, I loved it, but I feel it could have been a bit better shooted, to give more impact (Orsted's scene again on S1, blowned my mind away).

The choice to end the episode with Rudeous mother waking up behaving like she had a complete reset and it is a new person was perfect to finish this episode, to up the despair for anime onlies.

YES, all this work, effort and sacrifice, and what Rudeous achieve was losing his father, and in what little happiness he could get from rescuing his mom (which he doesnt care as much as Paul), it end up being futile since she is no longer the Zenith they knew, but a shell truly.

Hyped for the last few episodes, now it truly is worth it to follow weekly.

Did a "bit" of reading what other said (this is definitely one episode to discuss on forums, WORTH IT):

DeRickz said:
RIP Paul

Not going to say spoilers, but you are NOT wrong, and that is what hits Rudy all the more at the end, he is truly eating those words the Man-God told him now. (except if he had not came, Roxy would be dead, which outweights all that, but that is a topic for another time)

barmar said:
Anime of the season/10
despite the rough start

The highlight for this season 2, was always gonna be this, and what comes next, otherwise people wouldnt been very hyped for S2.

TriggerTama said:
Still in shock even knowing what's about to happen. I was worried the staff change of season 2 would make this episode hit less hard, but they did a great job animating that epic fight and brutal ending.

They did a great job with the animation but I wanted a bit better for Paul's corpse scene, maybe a better angle to approach it, you see his head first, then slowly to his torso or something, and also for the end, the last 2-3 minutes, ANYTHING from Shiki awesome OST here:
https://youtu.be/dixsFSqdjmU?si=Bsf2oKJ8b1W2Oi7D

Most stuff from that link would have given more IMPACT, specially Echo from minute 22, put that song playing and watch ep22 again! (I might do that that in preparation for the feels of ep23!!)
I honestly feel the worst part of this episode was the soundtrack, which is praise cuz it means they didnt fuck up and what I expected to be the hardest

MadanielFL said:
RIP Paul, pretty cruel for this episode to air on fathers day...

The photo you attached from the LN IMO had more impact and how I expected them to go in a way.

JurassicOtaku212 said:
used to hate Paul back in season 1. But, after seeing him change and trying his hardest to get his family back. He has earned my respect.

The writter got you good then, Paul's job was exactly that, and his job is NOT over, feels time for the next 2 episodes, it doesnt end with this episode.

karrotStick said:
They made up for the shit season with this episode!! But I really wanted a first person perspective when Rudeus turned to look at them 😔, cant have everything i guess.

EXACTLY, when I read it on the LN I saw it like this too, forgotten, would have been even better, cuz first he would look to Paul's head, then see blood coming down and the camera would go UP... FEELS

Autoparts_22 said:
Even with all this, this is why Mushoku Tensei is PEAK FICTION.

It is not because of this, but the consequences that come after and how this topic is handled and the weight it carries moving forward, that I feel this series is peak fiction.

YuushaNi said:
So this is what the god said he'd regret... Also goddamn! Rudy probably should've just stayed and bred Pursena?

He would have regreted either way, Roxy would be dead, and maybe his father too, the point that Rudy made before departing is that in life you cant avoid regrets, you gotta face them and digest what you can, moving on the best you can.

LordDurzo said:
so he can predict movement and from nowhere he lost it? he got so much mana and ability.. why didn't he use it in a fight? if they want to kill him okay but make it right! this is bad and this anime felt down by a few stars because of this!

That scene shows that despite everything, Rudeous is still far from being a veteran, he doesnt have has many years as Paul and his party did adventuring, it was a moment of careless, his defenses slipped, it happens and that is all it took.

MaiqtheCapper said:
I think my main problem is; Rudy stands there for two attacks and does nothing, because "oh this is easy we can win". It's pretty dumb considering he can see into the future, and I think they could have written Pauls death better. Dunno if it's like that in source material or not but that's the only reason I could think of why people don't like this episode.

In the LN you can understand Rudy's mental state better, so when this shit happens, you get HIT HARD.

Deshuro said:
@LordDurzo Arcording to the author's tweet, the weakness of his demonic eye is that it can't predict things that out of its sight or too large to fit in the field of vision.
https://x.com/Magote_rihujin/status/1802360559163363640

God point on this, it definitly gives credit to Rudeous not being able to see it, but also I feel it was a combination of that and his inexperience to see such extreme situation, yes demon country, but it is not like he survived there 10-15 years. And the last few years also got him softer.

Marinate1016 said:
And then to top it off Zenith’s brain has been turned to mush. So you save her and what did it cost? Everything.

spoiler button due to gore

Pillsbury_Uchiha said:
ngl it really pisses me off that zenith is braindead

Next couple of episodes will be hell then, that will be picked appart like crazy.

Aleksu said:
Rudeus realizing he lost both his parents (Zenith in another way), I just cant stop crying....

It is precisely due to that, that the episode title is in the plural.

CorayyAnime said:
Very good episode, no plot armor for Paul. GJ studio bind!

No plot armor for Rudeous either, he lost his hand. It has consequences.

Zwilicht said:
Maybe it was just poorly executed, but it seemed more like he didn't even use half of his strength in the fight.

Who? Rudy? The problem was the Hydra's scales absorbed the mana, his actions were limited and in close quarters he had to use flame to fuck them wounds.

Hekigyoku04 said:
@KelvinNazrey Better than the LN is still a stretch.

Agreed, maybe if we had staff from S1 for Orsted's it would have been possible, but what we got still has me happy they at least did not fucked it up, but it is too soon to say anything because the next two episodes have to be properly delivered too!

Akaseaka said:
For whatever reason, this episode failed to trigger me. Maybe I should, really, abandon the anime and read the novel instead.

It is okay, next two episodes might fuck you good, so wait for them, and after that TBH, at least go check this section on the LN, and decide if you want to read the LN or not, the full worldbuilding aspect you can only get on the LN, with all the details, if anything reading both the manga, the LN and seeing the anime complements one another crazy for this series.

Gimboy said:
He did use magic though only after his hands entered the body. Watch the scene again.

Yes he did, and a detail not explained, the Hydra's eyelashes had sharp scales to them, and when the Hydra closed its eye, that helped server a lot of Rudeous bone, it is a very nasty detail in the LN.

lessfull said:
.. Oh my god
I can't stop shaking. Fucking Orsted with his Dragon gaze. If not for him, Rudy wouldn't freak out and gauge the eye

You might actually be on something here, lol

karrotStick said:
@Akaseaka Here's what happens in the novel,

Good job, I was too lazy myself to do that.

SentiOnikawa said:
@Akaseaka First and foremost, we know that canonically the demon eye only gives Rudeus a few seconds of foresight, and it isn't effective against anything substantially stronger or significantly less predictable. The hydra was on its last two heads and clearly desperate, which if you know anything about injured animals, is the most dangerous point for them to be at. A wounded bear isn't going to curl into a ball like in the movies. It is going to do everything to protect its injury and ward off potential threats, even if it ends up hurting itself more. Now, you have 9 giant whips, 2 of which have brains attached to them.

The second thing is, this is Rudy's second dungeon, at best? He's been on adventures, sure. Most of those were in settings with controlled elements such as difficulty ratings and the presence of other groups. He's only been in one other situation where, again, another adventuring group was present. His reaction speeds, ability to predict boss actions, etc isn't as refined as everyone else's.

The group was struggling against the hydra. I know for what we got it didn't seem that way, but it's true. You have at least 4 S-rank adventurers, one of the strongest mages in the world, and Rudy, whose contributions while significant, aren't exactly winning the fight on their own. Paul was the only one who could do any real damage. Everyone else was either a support role or running interference where possible. That Paul saved Rudeus twice is indicative of how dire the situation was. No amount of situational awareness was going to keep Rudeus out of harm's way long enough to prevent Paul's death.

Finally, yes, it was unexpected. The hydra going berserk out of desperation isn't rational. It's not a rational being, clearly. It thought of the idea to try and open a new wound to grow a new head when it was already fighting at a disadvantage. Using its necks as whips wasn't something expected, even for experienced fighters. Especially for Rudeus who can disassociate and evaluate as well as he can, there isn't any reasonable explanation for such behavior. Him having decision paralysis isn't unreasonable. It's that his inexperience trumped his ability to evaluate a situation and devise a strategy. It cost him significantly in the end.

YES, you summed very well what I wanted to convey, Rudeous has talent, but he still has many years of experience to live and learnt from.
Like Paul was all dandy on 1st stratum and maybe second, but then knew when to focus on and stop playing around, Paul had more experience than Rudeous agaisnt such situations and especially in a labyrinth.
PlaycoolJun 16, 11:48 AM
Jun 16, 9:01 AM
Jun 2023
Paul, at first i hate you, but times flies and a mana disaster occurs, and without knowing what actually happened, you went home, fighting monsters, protecting norn, getting wet because the rain, you finally made it. But sadly, it was gone, a warm home, a place you went back, and the most hurtfull fact that your family is gone. After that you form a searching group for searching the victims of disaster (mainly your family), you saves many life, but sadly your family members remains lost. One day, you reunited with your son, and after a complicated problem with him, you hug him, really gratefull after saw your son still alive. Each one of your family member is finally found, Rudeus, Lilia, Aisha. And someday a little girl with blue hair named roxy tell you that Zenith is in labirin city lapan. Everyone comes to help you, especially that one person! Your son (Rudeus) come to help, suprisingly, he became so big!, you really gratefull, even prostate in front of them, thanks for your help, anah, my son,truly sorry for being really bad father. And then you finally find it, ah, my wife ZENITH!, hydra is really strong, after preparing plans and equipment, we are ready, everything went smoothly, untill My son almost getting hit by hydra! I save him, and ah, why i feel so relieve?, of course, cuz i manage to save my son!, iam really cool right?, i give my last smile to my bewildered son Rudeus, my...... last..........smile
Munazyan_Jun 16, 9:07 AM
Jun 16, 9:02 AM
Feb 2016
Reply to Embient
Btw why does Rudy still use incantations sometimes? Does it make it less mentally taxing to cast?
WAIT WHAT WHY NOOOOO
And that ending... Did Zenith really just lose all of her memories? Like, literally everything? Dear god T_T
@Embient Rudeus can't use voiceless incantation for healing magic. If you pay close attention, it's explained several times in this season and the previous one.

Nov 2011
Damn man. Paul dies saving his son, Rudy loses an Arm saving his mother, and Zenith...well something is wrong for her.
Fuck man what a Masterpiece of an episode.

As a whole there were few things I noticed. Roxy hugging Rudy when he put up the water shield I thought was great.
Rudy using Hercules as a means to deal with the Hydra was pretty cool.
I also thought it really brought to life how Zenith and Paul had an effect on him in his early life but he still did everything he could to save Zenith.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Summer 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Mar 2016
Man, I have no words, everything before minute 18 was perfect: art, animation, direction, choreography, and then the turning point effect kicks in and hitted like the novel did... Kudos to the staff and everyone involved in the production. Oh, and happy father's day.

P.S.: People who voted 1 star (directly or with bots): Go fuck yourselves.
No tomo malas decisiones, solo me gusta apoyar causas perdidas.
Disfruté Mayoiga, Ou-sama Game, Evil or Live, Mirai Nikki, Big Order, Arifureta, Ex-Arm, Tesla Note, Shuumatsu no Harem y Platinum End
nope les falle con esa, lo siento pero todos tenemos nuestros límites.
Así de jodido es mi gusto en anime, ¡Y estoy pinche orgulloso de ello!

Jun 16, 9:04 AM

Jul 2017
Reply to Embient
WAIT WHAT WHY NOOOOO
@Embient He can't use voiceless incantations for healing, it was shown in season 1 (like on the boat ride with Ruijerd and Eris) and even more earlier in this cour when Sylphie and Rudeus were practicing magic together and Sylphie felt a little happy that she managed to be better at Rudeus at something. He doesn't understand how the mechanics with healing magic works to be able to perform them without any incantations.

Jul 2017
It may not be Father's Day in Japan anymore, but this is still a Turning Point of an intentional purpose for everyone elsewhere.

As Rudy and the group readies for the REAL teleport to the 6th stratum, the CGI hydra awaits them in full fear and terror, not to mention Zenith's body crystallized within said monster. Paul breaking out into anger towards the son that didn't really have an affection for his mother, it's the worst family conflict ever since Season 1. That said, defeating the hydra is a tricky process, though burning the stumps with fire from the Hercules Greek mythology, it is their one chance to save the entire family. With that, Paul submitting himself to Rudeus and the rest, it's time to save their biological mother, even if it kills them.

The battles rages once more, though this time with their strategy laid out, and even with immense difficulty, both father and son manage to make it work, as well as the others in stopping its healing, engaging in a rather fiery battle of insane proportions that even Rudy almost had a near-recluse of losing his right arm. The fact, however, is that when all is said and done, the real casualty is Paul himself, massacred in half, whilst saving Zenith in the progress.

If we've could've had a choice, this would be Turning Point 3.5: a horrible father, dying out in glory for both his misdeeds and strengths.
You will be missed, Paul, as much as we welcome you back Zenith...in pure misogyny?
May 2016
ok definitely the best episode from all season 2.
i got spoiled by a fucking AMV but it still managed to hit me hard.
Jun 16, 9:05 AM
May 2023
Nov 2020
Great episode very peak 30% botting again huh 💀
Jul 2023
Reply to Embient
WAIT WHAT WHY NOOOOO
@Embient Rudy can do silent spell-casting wtth most spells except Healing Magic because he cannot understand its mechanics (this was mentioned in S2 EP 15 meaning the third episode of this cour when Rudy and Sylphy practiced magic with each other).

P/s: This EP is PEAK and real tragic at the same time!

Best EP of this season, can't deny!
Jun 16, 9:06 AM

Jul 2017
Reply to el_morris
Man, I have no words, everything before minute 18 was perfect: art, animation, direction, choreography, and then the turning point effect kicks in and hitted like the novel did... Kudos to the staff and everyone involved in the production. Oh, and happy father's day.

P.S.: People who voted 1 star (directly or with bots): Go fuck yourselves.
@el_morris Ain't that the truth for salty people who thinks this is NOT a good episode. It can easily rival Orsted's Turning Point fight for 2nd place.
Jun 16, 9:08 AM

Dec 2019
Reply to KANLen09
@el_morris Ain't that the truth for salty people who thinks this is NOT a good episode. It can easily rival Orsted's Turning Point fight for 2nd place.
@KANLen09 Its been mostly bots, they've added around a 100+ 1s with nearly every episode this season.
Jun 16, 9:08 AM

Oct 2021
Simply the best episode of the whole Season 2. It had me tearing a bit seeing Paul die.

5/5
Jun 16, 9:09 AM
Jul 2023
Reply to Mdraj6996
Great episode very peak 30% botting again huh 💀
@Mdraj6996 Ye fuck the bots! Can't underwhelm the masterpiece of this episode!

The best episode of this season and maybe Mushoku up to date!
Jun 16, 9:10 AM
Aug 2019
I used to hate Paul back in season 1. But, after seeing him change and trying his hardest to get his family back. He has earned my respect.

Man... Paul's fate was sealed in this episode, seeing him cut in half and dying in front of Rudy with a smile knowing his son is safe, hits the feels. What's even worst is that Zenith's condition is that she's unable to talk and she's completely not herself anymore and that hits Rudy even more. Goddamn. That's... That's a lot. This episode was even released in Father's Day, so that's something.

Rest In Peace Paul. You will be missed dearly.
JurassicOtaku212Jun 16, 8:11 PM
Jun 16, 9:11 AM
Sep 2021
Rudeus lost his father & looks like his mother is also not in a good state.
Pages (13) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei II: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Part 2 Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Jun 30

390 by Corrupteddrago »»
Yesterday, 6:04 PM

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei II: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Part 2 Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

ArimaKana - Jun 23

369 by TheOtherJN »»
Yesterday, 1:15 AM

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei II: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Part 2 Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

MegamiRem - Jun 9

217 by TheOtherJN »»
Sep 26, 10:22 PM

Poll: » Would you also deny Aisha's request? (SPOILER episode 6) ( 1 2 )

Zarutaku - May 25

61 by Zarutaku »»
Sep 22, 11:08 AM

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei II: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Part 2 Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 21

194 by Ragnar00lobrock »»
Sep 21, 10:28 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.