Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Mar 8, 7:57 AM

Nov 2011
Just when we thought this war couldn't get more complicated, it does with the appearance of a Black Knight.

A lot of pain and despair coming from this war as Usato rushes to help. Meh, I feel like this war is kinda rushed but hey, at least they kept the stakes high. Plus, that Black Knight somewhat has a personality but definitely no pushover. Might even be one of the biggest threats this season.

Usato's got his hands full this time.
Mar 8, 8:03 AM

Dec 2021
War starts now!

The war with the Demon King's army has finally begun. Amidst treating the injured brought in by the black-clad personnel, Usato once again feels the harshness of the battlefield. As the battle progresses, Usato joins the front lines with Rose. Utilizing his honed physical abilities, he saves kingdom knights one after another amidst the fierce attacks of the Demon King's army. Meanwhile, Suzune and Kazuki, fighting on the front lines as heroes, encounter a mysterious demon known as the Black Knight.

It's like in a game when your teammate dies, so you rush to revive them even though enemies are still around. They've only been summoned for a month and already sent to battle. The world in this anime seems weak, humans and demons alike. Suzune and Kazuki have little experience; it's their first time in battle. But they have no choice, with demons attacking sooner than expected. Then there's the rescue squad. You've trained hard, only to see your ally dying while still worrying about looks... Usato's friends at the rescue squad are really having a tough time, LOL.

The battle's just getting even more intense.

Mar 8, 8:03 AM
Sep 2015
This episode is worth the wait, even if there's one animation/greenscreen error before the battle scene.

I'm wondering if healing magic can damage that black knight or just reflect the healing spell back to the healer.
Mar 8, 9:18 AM

Apr 2018
Finally, I got to see Inukami-senpai doing her things after two flashback episodes!
喜べ少年
君の願いはようやく叶う。
YOROKOBE SHOUNEN, KIMI no NEGAI wa youyaku KANAU.
Rejoice, your wish will be finally granted.
"THE RATE UP IS A LIE!"
Mar 8, 9:40 AM

Jul 2017
Finally, onto the warzone, and Suzune is a rather hardcore Isekai fanatic, and thank God for Kazuki to unlock Usato from her grips.

Other than that, war has finally begun, and healing magic is rather extensive. The Demon Lord's army's ace the Black Knight has yet to find competition, yet the only ones awaiting are both Rose and Usato to go straight to the battlefield...to save people on the ground.

Both Kazuki and Suzune are doing their work, though as soon as the Black Knight caught onto them, they literally have no chance of escape. And similarly, Usato's nightmare is also soon coming to fruition, as both heroes must experiment on how to deal an effective damage, while not being killed. And with Suzune's idea, they at least had a fighting chance, but like when facing front, it just didn't work at all.

Is there any hope of obstructing the Black Knight at all, at this rate?
Mar 8, 11:01 AM

Aug 2017
They are so naive, like those soldiers just charging at that black knight or Suzune thinking she figured it out. Doubt she and Kazuki have died, but not a fan how this episode went.
Mar 8, 11:17 AM

Mar 2013
Suzune's outfit is so lovely... 🥰🥰🥰
Usato needs to learn how to complement a lady like her... 🥲
Suzune's outfit 10/10 👌
The close-up was also stunning.
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Mar 8, 11:45 AM
Dec 2016
I was so annoyed by this cliffhanger that I had to flip through the manga for this scene. If you're curious, it's in chapters 10 and 11.
Mar 8, 12:17 PM

Sep 2023
Finally the war is here! You gotta love an armor that includes a mini skirt and tights...

That black knight is pretty OP, let's see how he reflects healing magic though!
Mar 8, 12:40 PM

Jun 2023
Suzune looked good this episode at least
Mar 8, 12:52 PM

Feb 2019
I love Inukami so much 😩 she’s so cute and looks even better in her new armour. Usato needs to learn how to gas her up!

Couldn’t help but feel a sense of dread in this one. Just felt like there were red flags all over the episode. Opening up with Inukami and Usato flirting, then the “you better soothe my heart when I return” line.. something was off. Not to mention Kazuki and the princess finally getting on first name basis. After 10 weeks of build up this battle has lived up to expectations. The demon lord’s army is no joke.

Obviously Usato had that vision of Kazuki and Usato’s death last episode, but I didn’t expect it to actually happen 😢.. well, I doubt they’re full dead, but those injuries are going to be very difficult to heal and with Inukami taking a sword to the throat essentially..idk. I’ll let the author cook, but they’re in a rough spot.

I kinda feel like the planning has been poor for this too. The soldiers seem completely caught off guard by the snake monster, Kazuki and Inukami just rush into the black knight fight too. I guess they’re trying to get across that there’s only so much that training can do, you have to learn in the field? Some questionable choices being made.

The black knight’s reflect ability is insanely broken and idk how Usato or Rose can deal with it. Also who the hell is the black knight?? Need this next episode
Marinate1016Mar 8, 1:31 PM
Mar 8, 1:32 PM
Mar 2021
Need to save Inukami asap! Also, she looked lovely in her new armour
Mar 8, 3:06 PM
Apr 2023
It feels like this show suffers from major pacing issues, and makes me wonder if the source material is as bad.
Mar 8, 3:42 PM

Sep 2014
OP ability

Suzune should just take over as the MC already
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Mar 8, 3:59 PM

May 2021
Quality of animation went straight down. And what's with the lazy writing. Automatic reflect. Haha. Give me a break.
Mar 8, 4:22 PM
Jan 2017
The characters and monsters held my interest till now. But this episode based on a set battle between forces is so bad. The Babylonians, 4,000 years ago would have better strategy & tactics.
Mar 8, 5:59 PM
Jul 2021
change title : The Boring Way to Use Healing Magic and turned into boring anime. can't defeat Black Knight.
Mar 8, 6:00 PM
Apr 2022
a demon knight with hidan ability ...
Mar 8, 6:45 PM
Jul 2022
Dissapointed with the MC. He knows what will happened in the future, but why he keep his mouth shut? Like, HE literally know from his vision the heros will dead by the black devil or whatever he called is, but what he did? Literally nothing! He could talk to Rose he had the vision about the future to solve the problem, but what? No! What's on his mind? Be a late hero? What a classic naive MC anime.
Mar 8, 7:00 PM
elk sensei

Oct 2013
@Ayakaxiao & @Tokioshy agree with both of you - this has got to be the most disappointing anime of the season

Another issue is that if he knows the Black Knight is there in the battlefield, why in the blazes is he so far from them - he should have made a beeline for them immediately
Mar 8, 7:14 PM
Jun 2019
this is the reality of war, naivety will cost yourself dearly
Mar 8, 9:59 PM

Nov 2021
Damn that cliffhanger!! Honestly I really love this anime. Despite it treading familiar territory for anime (fantasy/isekai) something about this series just stands out, and I think it's mainly the characters and how good they are.
Mar 8, 10:44 PM

May 2019
And here I thought Suzune had a good strategy with stabbing the black knight through the throat so that it couldn't mutter 'reflect.' I'm thinking Usato's healing magic may end up being the key to finding a weakness with this OP black knight.
Mar 9, 12:11 AM

Dec 2011
Honestly, this whole situation is dumb as fuck. Usato's silence about his future vision is one, but the on-the-fly strategy the other two made is also wack.

Like, they know the armor is the problem. Why not try to remove it first either by provocation considering how arrogant the black knight is or by force if they somehow found it.

Or at least attack with indirect attack, like throwing big ass rock with their elemental power.
Mar 9, 12:12 AM

Jan 2015
That was an amazing episode. Definitely the best so far. I could feel Usato's emotions as he was experiencing his first battlefield, it's a very well done episode!!
Mar 9, 1:00 AM
Apr 2021
Wowowow this episode was great the war is finally here after being teased for multiple episodes and the cliffhanger was good as well I wonder what Usato will do to save them bc they look like they’re out of commission

Suzune in the beginning was cute and funny after that sad backstory we saw about im happy we saw some Suzune moments. She’s so funny in wanting to make Usato say the words she wants him to say and I’m ngl I see why bc Usato will be like “you look fresh!!” instead of “wow u look so pretty” yk🤣🤣🤣

Those visions that Usato keeps getting are becoming more and more real, like I don’t want my favs Suzune and Kazuki to go their actually solid characters☹️
Mar 9, 2:28 AM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
Usato is about to use HEAL on the black knight

NYANPASU
5700XT

Mar 9, 4:08 AM
Level 6 esper

May 2021
Wow this anime managed to make a fight between demons and humans look boring.
Powerpoint presentation war with boring characters.
“Do what feels right in your heart. You will be criticized either way.” (Eleanor Roosevelt)
Mar 9, 5:17 AM
Oct 2022
This episode right off the bat gives us a perfect reason why Usucko sucks so badly.. I feel sorry for Suzu. I really do. She needed some comfort and reassurance and our boy Usucko screams like a dying animal for help and pushes her away. The moron couldn’t even give her a compliment after she basically begged him for one. I know that I might be being a bit unfair but facts are facts.. Usato is a terrible mc.. honestly I could get by with him being weak, not intelligent, and a pacifist as he is all those things but wishy washy flip flopping of “No Suzu! Don’t touch me!” Then saying out loud that he worries about her drives me nuts just like his fear of the opposite sex. She’s going to get hurt, he’s going to get upset and (if we’re lucky) hit someone then he’ll heal her and she’ll love him even more while he’ll still be telling her to “get away!” As I’ve said before, if this anime would have just followed Rose and her crew it would have been leaps and bounds better. Speaking of Rose I’d just about bet the farm that the black knight is Aul.. Rose will have to confront her past.. I know I sound ridiculous with my constant picking on Usato but god he just sucks sooooo bad I can’t help it.. 😂😂😂
Mar 9, 5:41 AM

Aug 2013
Obvious bait is obvious.
Mar 9, 6:11 AM

May 2015
Yeah, this was such a straightforward trick, but it makes sense that the heroes would fall for it. After all they are just yesterday's schoolkids with little to no actual battle experience, it's not easy to think in the middle of the fight, and not every quick-thinking would be the correct one.
Mar 9, 6:33 AM

Jul 2015
I think it is pretty obvious at this point, that Black Knight is in fact female.
Her voice is being muffled for a reason to conceal it and we have even seem her wearing high heels. Most likely her true identity is will also be significant and face reveal a plot twist. Maybe it's Aui, who has been revived as a demon?

Mar 9, 7:13 AM
Apr 2023
We're all pretty sure Usato is their plot armor.
Aside from healing, his power might also be able to reflect damages as well or he can dispel abilities like reflect. And with his powers, he can withstand battles of attrition as he can actively repair his own damages while exchanging blows with his enemies.
Anyway, that thing the captain taught him at that moment might just be the thing that's the answer to this enemy.
Mar 9, 7:45 AM

Jun 2016
well atleast they both tried !!

next episode we gonna see kick boxer usato with unlimited heal vs dark knight !!
Mar 9, 10:37 AM

Nov 2013
the war finally started

the knight walking in an op armor that does the job for him, yet he wants a challenge, wtf, do the job yourself then lmao

Inukami had a nice idea but it didn't work

hopefully mc can save them, but i guess them dying could also be a good plot point
(even tho Inukami is like 1/3rd of the reason i even watch this for)

mc knew about it from the fox, but did nothing to prevent it, could easily tell Rose, and she could probably beat the armor by herself lol
speaking of rose, why would she not keep destroying the bridge to stop enemies from attacking after that one time she did? seriously wtf am i even watching?
fav "new" girls from spring <3 ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks
Mar 9, 12:30 PM

May 2014
The sound effects used in the war were quite awful to be honest...
Mar 9, 1:10 PM

Mar 2020
Well baaah, they're dead thanks for watching !!!! 🤣😂😂
I'm the only one who finds this situation so predictable!
Mar 9, 5:07 PM

Jun 2007
Reply to phantomfandom
This episode is worth the wait, even if there's one animation/greenscreen error before the battle scene.

I'm wondering if healing magic can damage that black knight or just reflect the healing spell back to the healer.
@phantomfandom Between the "he is the only one who can stop this" vision and the title of the show, I think that is pretty much a lock.
Mar 9, 7:53 PM

Mar 2007
IDK how hard it will be to defeat someone that has the ability to reflect all damage.

Can Usato out heal it? Or is everyone hosed because his two Hero friends are already "out" for the count.
Mar 9, 11:49 PM
Dec 2016
Reply to acidbart
This episode right off the bat gives us a perfect reason why Usucko sucks so badly.. I feel sorry for Suzu. I really do. She needed some comfort and reassurance and our boy Usucko screams like a dying animal for help and pushes her away. The moron couldn’t even give her a compliment after she basically begged him for one. I know that I might be being a bit unfair but facts are facts.. Usato is a terrible mc.. honestly I could get by with him being weak, not intelligent, and a pacifist as he is all those things but wishy washy flip flopping of “No Suzu! Don’t touch me!” Then saying out loud that he worries about her drives me nuts just like his fear of the opposite sex. She’s going to get hurt, he’s going to get upset and (if we’re lucky) hit someone then he’ll heal her and she’ll love him even more while he’ll still be telling her to “get away!” As I’ve said before, if this anime would have just followed Rose and her crew it would have been leaps and bounds better. Speaking of Rose I’d just about bet the farm that the black knight is Aul.. Rose will have to confront her past.. I know I sound ridiculous with my constant picking on Usato but god he just sucks sooooo bad I can’t help it.. 😂😂😂
acidbart said:
This episode right off the bat gives us a perfect reason why Usucko sucks so badly.. I feel sorry for Suzu.

Yup! Unfortunately, It's popular trope in manga (and anime) - the indecisive wishy washy MC. When you watch tons of harem anime it hardens your heart over time, and you no more give a f about their stupidity, considering such MCs as one of weird japanese traditions wich they eager to preserve.
OewzvpxMar 10, 12:12 AM
Mar 10, 12:27 AM
Jan 2021
I’m still waiting for the wrong way to use healing magic 🤷‍♂️. Jokes aside I wonder if Usato is gonna loose it when he sees his two friends on the floor dying
Mar 10, 4:19 AM

Apr 2017
Reply to Pustul
Finally the war is here! You gotta love an armor that includes a mini skirt and tights...

That black knight is pretty OP, let's see how he reflects healing magic though!
@Pustul he won't, i didn't the source material, but according to his words, he reverses dmg done to him, meaning if the dmg was minus it becomes positive and becomes actual dmg in return, the stronger the healing done the more dmg, is what i think the fight will look like, but can he heal the other's wounds in time before they done? that's what i wish to find out next week.
Mar 10, 4:22 AM

Apr 2017
Reply to MeanEYE
Quality of animation went straight down. And what's with the lazy writing. Automatic reflect. Haha. Give me a break.
@MeanEYE he didn't say it's automatic, as long as he is conscious the reflect works as he wills, that's why he let the dmg sink in before it reflects because it needs to be done at the exact moment he wishes.
Mar 10, 4:23 AM

Apr 2017
Reply to Ayakaxiao
change title : The Boring Way to Use Healing Magic and turned into boring anime. can't defeat Black Knight.
@Ayakaxiao i'm sure many ppl noticed that healing will dmg him, think about it.
Mar 10, 4:27 AM

Apr 2017
Reply to elkensteyin
@Ayakaxiao & @Tokioshy agree with both of you - this has got to be the most disappointing anime of the season

Another issue is that if he knows the Black Knight is there in the battlefield, why in the blazes is he so far from them - he should have made a beeline for them immediately
@elkensteyin lazy writing at best, he cares but doesn't, sad but isn't, scared but isn't, he fights but doesn't, he just acts according to the flow of the moment apparently lol, only when it happens does he actually do smth about it, this dumb mc needs to learn a thing or two from Subaru, knowing fate should be handled like the fate of the world.
Mar 10, 8:50 AM

Nov 2010
So you find yourself in a battle against an army of demons (all male, by the way), when a hulking demon wearing a black armor with clearly masculine proportions appears in front of you. What conceivable reason do you have to use they/them pronouns in that situation? There's not even the slightest ambiguity here to try to justify it. Can you imagine if every time a fully armored soldier appeared in Berserk people would use tumblr pronouns for them?
I've been watching anime for decades at this point, and for most of that time I've defaulted to English subs out of convenience, but this SJW nonsense that's been seeping into English translations for the last couple of years is doing a great job pushing me back into Spanish subs, Japanese subs, or even raws. Anything to get away from this brain rot.
Mar 11, 2:51 AM
Apr 2021
Finally! The Kidnappers have begun!
Mar 11, 6:08 AM
Nov 2016
This episode was such a drag to watch. MC annoyed me like 5 times with his hesitation and whining and the Black Knight fight with the heroes was boring as sin.
Mar 11, 9:14 PM

Nov 2009
Yup, Usato is totally a Tsundere, LOL

He was about to be assaulted by Inukami... (TBH, I would let her, hehe)

RIP the Heroes,

Now... Usato's racing against time to get to them before they're perma dead.

Also... Ultimate move huh... I wonder... LOL (Judging by how everything Rose do is based on Healing... I am pretty sure it's going to be Healing Ult or something)
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
Mar 12, 2:49 AM

Feb 2018
Ruh roh, looks like a bad situation. Surely Usato will come to the rescue?

Never ending plan to watch list...

Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Chiyu Mahou no Machigatta Tsukaikata Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 29

109 by G_Spark233 »»
Jun 10, 4:29 PM

Poll: » Chiyu Mahou no Machigatta Tsukaikata Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 22

59 by G_Spark233 »»
Jun 10, 3:48 PM

Poll: » Chiyu Mahou no Machigatta Tsukaikata Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 15

68 by RicFie »»
May 26, 2:43 PM

Poll: » Chiyu Mahou no Machigatta Tsukaikata Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 5

140 by ALUCARD47 »»
May 26, 1:01 AM

Poll: » Chiyu Mahou no Machigatta Tsukaikata Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 19

75 by EvandroBraz »»
May 5, 6:01 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.