Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jan 27, 8:57 AM

Nov 2011
This episode really took Valentine's Day a bit too seriously, at least from Anna's perspective. Not even surprised though given her personality. I just find it funny how she goes around for chocolates but most curious on what Kyoutarou's tastes are like.

The VA protraying Anna's character also bought out much of her personality and I'm impressed. Episode paired up Anna and Kyoutarou and deservingly so. This definitely comes out as the most romantic episode of this series imo.
Jan 27, 8:58 AM

Dec 2021
It's that special time in the show—the classic Valentine's episode.

On Valentine's Day, while Adachi seemed absent-minded, Ichikawa was attempting to spend a day like any other. On the other hand, Yamada repeatedly traversed the hallways, collecting obligatory chocolates from girls and even snatching a handmade one from Moe, displaying an unusually odd behavior. After school, munching on a chocolate-filled bun, Yamada nervously asked Ichikawa, What kind of chocolate do you think would be ideal for a special someone?" Little did Ichikawa know, hidden inside the bag Yamada held, there was something unexpected.

Yamada really wants to pour her heart out to Ichikawa, but expressing those feelings proves to be quite the challenge for her. Little does she know, Ichikawa has just spilled the beans to his sister about wanting Yamada. It's a step forward in their own quirky way. Personally, I might have a bit of a sadistic streak, but I found Yamada's frustration after giving Ichikawa the cupcake oddly satisfying. This whole episode paints a clear picture of Yamada desperately wanting to tell Ichikawa how she feels, but she can't muster up the courage to be straightforward, and it's really getting to her. Playsen tries to pull off a sneaky move, but Ichikawa's newfound confidence puts him in his place.

Adachi is counting down the days until Moe supposedly takes him out after receiving handmade lingerie. Oof, the suspense is real.

Jan 27, 9:04 AM
Aug 2022
Man!! ๐Ÿ˜ญ Valentine's is still not here & they're already showing us the Valentine themed episode.
Jan 27, 9:39 AM

Apr 2016
I don't know why, but that whole chocolate shogi segment while simple enough, killed me ... you cant play with those Yamada, lmao.
Jan 27, 10:24 AM

Jul 2017
It's the obligatory Valentine's episode, though Yamada is pacing back and forth for a chance to give Ichikawa her chocolate. Yamada is pumped!

Yamada playing chocolate Shogi with Ichikawa, and she's just playing with him at this point. Adachi sure is a runt for searching on the obligatory chocolates, and them witnessing Honoka and Kenta secretly giving chocolates to each other, it's the thrill of witnessing something secret. And everywhere they go, it's all chocolate everywhere as Yamada chews a choclate bun, only to smear it on Ichikawa's face...and then take him for a ride that she will kiss him. Ichikawa plucking his courage to give chocolates to Yamada because she specifically said that she is a boy, at least the effort was worth it...that Yamada reciprocated by showing up at his house with her corgi dog Wantaro.

Ichikawa knowing that Yamada is acting especially weird as they try to get over the awkwardness of the chocolate. At the very least, Yamada is finally able to give him her chocolate muffin and sharing it with her...until she started crying out loud, wanting his embrace more than anything.

Ichikawa acting smug to prepare for White Day, and Adachi just runs his own mouth only for Ichikawa to run his mouth, busting him in the process. But Adachi having Nanjo along as his love advisor for wooing Moeko, it's just pushing Ichikawa to disbelief. At the same time, Yamada waving back to Ichikawa, that Nanjo realizes this and is almost about to tell him, and Yamada snatching him, it's basically just confirmed at this point.

Such a dramatic Valentine's...that's still dangers for the heart.
Jan 27, 10:26 AM

Mar 2021
This was a fantastic Valentines day episode seeing Ichikawa hug Yamada was the most sweetest thing ever
Jan 27, 10:31 AM
Jun 2023
this anime, the fuck..... i love it, i totally love it, i can't stand it, this is just tooo cute and very good. the best romance anime so far, the way ichikawa behaved at the end with that senior was epic. he is best romance mc so far,and Yamada the way she gave chocolate by splitting it so that it make a heart shape ,man I am gonna die by this cuteness for sure,i fuking loving this show.
Jan 27, 10:31 AM

Aug 2017
I love how Yamada subtly tried to give Ichikawa chocolates.

My heart melted when they hugged..
Jan 27, 10:34 AM
Jun 2023
i don't know how those guy gave 1 for this episode, do they don't understand romance or love only fan service like rent a girlfriend. that is just dumb.
Jan 27, 10:35 AM
Nov 2019
I knew this was going to be a special episode just from the start. So many new things happened and the animation was superb. One of the best romance anime of all time for sure.
Jan 27, 10:38 AM

Feb 2021
Ichikawa and Yamada's parents' ages were revealed on the mangaka's twitter in 2021 btw. Yamada: Dad: 39, Mom: 41, Ichikawa: Dad: 59, Mom: 46
https://x.com/lovely_pig328/status/1363079834423857156
There are also a crap ton of bonus chapters and stuff there

Holup, the part with Adachi giving the obligatory chocolate to boys at the start and Ichikawa giving "Melty Kiss" chocolate to Yamada were bonus chapters. Was everything else anime original? Or maybe they combines bonus and main chapters in a smooth way? Either way, the studio is doing such a good job, this is amazing. ('m anime only, I just read the manga along with the anime, as in I watch the episode, then read the chapters adapted. So this whole season will still be new to me.) (Yes I copied this from my comment on Blue Exorcist)
12:13 ่Ÿป (ari) - ant. ใ‚ใ‚Šใฎใพใพ (ari no mama) - "as it is"

14:13 ใ‚น (su) from ๅฅฝใ (suki) - "I love you"

14:35 "It's okay to get the wrong idea" BRO WHAT ARE THEY DOING TO ME THIS IS BASICALLY A CONFESSION

16:44 The title is actually "How do I live one month"

Ichikawa hitting that guy's hand was sooo good.
Another beautiful episode. Ichi is becoming more and more sure that Yamada likes him! Get that confidence!
And I just realized that the bottom part of ใ‚น (su) on Ichikawa's half of the cupcake looks like a heart... Not sure if Yamada intended this, but damn smooooth
EmbientJan 27, 10:43 AM
Jan 27, 10:38 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Anna's as popular as ever it seems. Choc shogi sure was an curious twist of that game. That nighttime meeting at the park was pretty cute. The Boy and one month sure was a unique title that im sure would sell well. Nice to see both start to be more honest about their respective feelings towards one another.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 27, 11:02 AM
Jun 2023
This is probably the best valentine day eps in romance anime, such a great anime
Jan 27, 11:08 AM

Dec 2012
aaaarrrrghhhh knew this would happen from manga but im stil smiling watching this episode. the animation did great
Jan 27, 11:16 AM

May 2019
Another good episode with this one being Valentine's themed. Anna saying that she was a boy for the day to get chocolates was an Anna thing to do, and I was a bit surprised that Anna struggled to give Kyoutaro chocolate but she finally did in the evening (after taking her cut though haha).
Jan 27, 11:21 AM

Jul 2017
Another week, another brilliant episode. Definitely one of the better Valentine's Day-related episodes I can remember in anime, loved the shyness Yamada showcased throughout but also the various adorable signals that she did truly like Ichikawa, whether it was the heart after splitting the cupcake to share between them or even the heart of melted chocolate that she drew on Ichikawa's face. The chocolate shogi segment, the meeting after when Yamada gained enough courage to give him what she made and even clarify that it is okay to 'take it the wrong way'. With each passing episode, you can feel Ichikawa understand more and more internally that Yamada truly does like him and his chances of going out with her might be less as a pipedream and more of a potential reality as the series progresses. A very romantic, sweet and charming episode as a whole and I have to say, the more this show goes on, the more it rises up the ranks as one of my favorite anime in the last like 5 years. It's not often that a show has been this consistently great for so long without any real dips in quality. Even the direction for this episode overall was really strong too, and the voice acting from Anna's VA in portraying her nervousness was excellent too.

Lowkey wish this kind of episode somehow took place a couple weeks later since Valentine's Day is not too far from now, but hey, this was still a phenomenal episode to say the least.
Jan 27, 11:26 AM
ๅญ”็œŸใƒปใ‚ณใ‚ฆใƒžใ‚ณใƒˆ

Jun 2017
Every time I'm throwing punches in the air and thanking God for the best episode to date, this season has produced something better! I swear, what is this sorcery xD? Without a doubt, this has got to be up there in the "Best Valentine Anime Episodes" list. On the top of my mind, Ore Monogatari!!'s edition comes to mind and that was quite something, but I'm almost certain this'll leave a more lasting impression.

Yamada's daze impersonation was on point, lol. And I love that Ichikawa remembered it in the nick of time to make it natural. How did he not think that was flawless? I was left in awe for real! All those chocolates earlier and the revelation of her code of no obligation gifts, well played! For overthinkers like Ichikawa and I, that's more than enough, lmao. "Must be an ugly girl," and then that switch from curious to death glare was too good.

And then that second half! Both their defence systems in front of a possible danger being the senpai was freakin' adorable. Bold Ichikawa is something else, phew.

I know I shouldn't be doing this, but there's a part of me that's already convinced about giving this season a 10/10, lmao. Got to clear out my mind, I know... On a serious note, this is seriously turning out to be my fav show in quite a while!
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Jan 27, 11:34 AM

Apr 2010
Probably the best valentine related episode I ever watched, this felt very intense.

Great use of color on the ep as well, seemed like a priority episode for them.
Jan 27, 12:07 PM

Dec 2022
hoo whoo whoo hoohohoo ohoo
thats my reaction in the last part
anyway ichikawa got some chocolates next episode gonna be white day
oh the irony yamada saved ichikawa this time from player senpai maybe she is a man
Jan 27, 12:10 PM
Feb 2013
this would have been the perfect episode if it came out in Two weeks to line up with Valentines Day
Jan 27, 12:31 PM

Apr 2021
This was truely beautiful to experience. Seeing Yamada wildly fidgeting with her hands and feet on the bench was so adorable.
And I'm so glad Ichikawa got the hint with what she was trying to convey. Now please keep the momentum going because I'm so hocked on them.

For me personally, this season right now it leagues above the first. They started to become way more comfortable and intimate with each other, so it finally gets more serious.

This bit of voice acting gave me everything. So cute.

P.S. when does Ichikawa get his new "character-development" haircut? I feel like they hinted at it in a prior episode.
Jan 27, 12:38 PM
May 2021
Reply to _otaku_man00
i don't know how those guy gave 1 for this episode, do they don't understand romance or love only fan service like rent a girlfriend. that is just dumb.
@_otaku_man00 I am not the one giving this a 1, but not a 5 either, it's becoming too cliche for me, and this whole Valentine trope in animes, I find it overused and boring...
Jan 27, 12:55 PM
Jul 2022
How is this show SO good? It just isn't fair how fckin cute & wholesome this is. This show has to be one of the biggest surprises for me and not just this year, but all time. I'm so glad that I gave this series a shot.
Jan 27, 12:58 PM
Apr 2023
I've never felt shivers on a romcom anime this much before (especially on a single episode). I think this is my top 1 romcom now.
Jan 27, 1:07 PM
Mar 2023
I also loved this episode!
I loved it that this episode is continuing the relationship betwenn yamada and kyotaro with the valentines day!
Easy a 10/10 episode
Jan 27, 1:15 PM

Nov 2021
I don't understand how every episode is able to get better and better. by the last episode im probably gonna explode of cuteness
Jan 27, 1:30 PM
Jan 2023
i literal loved this one, specially the bun part, thought that they were gonna kiss that time. I loved it. you should
Jan 27, 1:35 PM
Jan 2023
Reply to Embient
Ichikawa and Yamada's parents' ages were revealed on the mangaka's twitter in 2021 btw. Yamada: Dad: 39, Mom: 41, Ichikawa: Dad: 59, Mom: 46

Holup, the part with Adachi giving the obligatory chocolate to boys at the start and Ichikawa giving "Melty Kiss" chocolate to Yamada were bonus chapters. Was everything else anime original? Or maybe they combines bonus and main chapters in a smooth way? Either way, the studio is doing such a good job, this is amazing. ('m anime only, I just read the manga along with the anime, as in I watch the episode, then read the chapters adapted. So this whole season will still be new to me.) (Yes I copied this from my comment on Blue Exorcist)

14:35 "It's okay to get the wrong idea" BRO WHAT ARE THEY DOING TO ME THIS IS BASICALLY A CONFESSION

Another beautiful episode. Ichi is becoming more and more sure that Yamada likes him! Get that confidence!
And I just realized that the bottom part of ใ‚น (su) on Ichikawa's half of the cupcake looks like a heart... Not sure if Yamada intended this, but damn smooooth
@Embient Anna did intended this, i mean she does wants to give kyo the right idea but dum kyo-chan is just denying the most of it.
I wish that this ends good.
Jan 27, 2:11 PM

Mar 2019
Things like Kyou giving Anna a chocolate, mentioning that she said "she was the boy for today" and then she saving him later really makes me understand why even the directors state that this story feels more that Kyou is actual the heroine. Everything is so... cute. Ended up reading the manga after season 1 and thought that would kill the excitement for me, but ended up that didn't changed anything.

Or maybe it did, because now I feel more attached to the characters and everything makes me smile. Such an amazing work.
Jan 27, 2:37 PM
Jul 2020
Am I the only one that was smiling the whole episode? Also the end? :D I like that my boy is growing some balls.

Jan 27, 3:26 PM
Feb 2021
Reply to Embient

Embient said:

That's right, but it's a parody of the Manga adaption of "Kimitachi wa dou ikiru ka" (even down to the cover), which in turn has been translated into "The boy and the heron" in the west, hence the translation choice to make the parody more obvious.
Jan 27, 3:42 PM

Nov 2023
One of the best episodes of this Season.

DevonniusJan 27, 3:45 PM
Jan 27, 3:56 PM

Dec 2022
This episode had me worried for a second that Ichikawa had reverted to his old self. I'm a loser, there's no way Yamada could love someone like me, dodge all the signals she throws, etc. But by the power of chocolate, Yamada finally broke through to him, and we can enjoy the start of a new relationship. It was touching to hear how Ichikawa's interactions with Yamada helped him understand women in general, and the way he's fiercely protective of Yamada is especially impressive. Even at 13, Ichikawa still has more balls than so many other male leads in anime.

Can't wait to see where this goes next!
MALoween 2023 Candy: ///
Jan 27, 4:08 PM

Mar 2020
Probably my favourite Valentine's Day episode I've ever watched, the tension was real. More and more this really could end up being my favourite romcom, because right now, it's pretty high up there. A lot of romcoms would just zoom through the Valentine's/White Day segment, but this one lingers around to really give us a sense of what the characters are feeling. It's really amazing how this anime continues to get better and better after those first few rough episodes in Season 1, and I feel it's going to get even better.
Jan 27, 4:13 PM
Nov 2019
Sometimes I cannot believe this guy, but he got there in the end. I think this anime truly excels at illustrating what courtship/trying to date someone is like for a socially anxious guy. I'm glad Ichikawa's learning, but sometimes I do yell at the screen when he's been given so many signals from Yamada.
Jan 27, 4:55 PM
Sep 2023
we no wonder why this anime got weekly ranked no 1 a few times
Jan 27, 4:56 PM

Sep 2023
Anna snaped that last chocolate so fast, her insatiable hunger combined with the desire to not let any other girl offer chocolate to Kyoutarou made her unstoppable!

That game of Shogi was just a ploy to give Kyo chocolate? (it's funny, in Swiss German Schoggi means chocolate)

I couldn't when she gave him the black coffee, made me think about depressed 8man xD Orange hair guy makes an unfortunate comeback, just do exactly the opposite of what he says and you shall be fine Kyoutarou.
Jan 27, 5:06 PM
Nov 2019
The best of the best
Jan 27, 5:12 PM

Apr 2013
MY HEARTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT
I'm gonna read the manga, I can't wait to the next episodes!!!!

.·:*¨ ๐•พ๐–Š๐–™ ๐•ธ๐–Š ๐•ฑ๐–—๐–Š๐–Š - ๐•ต๐–Š๐–˜๐–˜๐–Ž๐–ˆ๐–† ๐•ต๐–š๐–“๐–Œ ¨*:·. ๐“†ฉโ™ก๐“†ช
๐Ÿฌ:๐Ÿฑ๐Ÿฑ โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€ใ…‡โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€ ๐Ÿฏ:๐Ÿฎ๐Ÿฒ
โ†บ¹ |โ— โ–ถ โ–ท| โ‹ฎ≡
Jan 27, 5:27 PM

Dec 2022
The way how they’re trying so hard to indirectly confess to each other. The dramatic irony man ๐Ÿคฃ

Jan 27, 5:31 PM

Apr 2023
I love this karte thing ๐Ÿ’•
A massive 5/5 episode! ๐Ÿ˜
Jan 27, 5:31 PM
Aug 2022
Nice to see the episode discussions are appearing properly on the app now.

I swear i love the opening for this season so much, great song with stunning visuals.

So far this season has had major progress. Especially with kyo properly being able to admit he likes yamada. I’m expecting big things in the next few episodes I hope I’m not disappointed
Jan 27, 6:51 PM

Oct 2022
Too sweet...who poured this much sugar in my coffee
Jan 27, 6:55 PM
Jul 2016
Have you all noticed something? Not once so far this season has Kyo thought of any weird chลซnibyล "killing" fantasies.

Yamada has really broken him out of his shell. I mean, he's literally interacting one-on-one with other characters even when she is not around. And he is not afraid to speak his mind. The character progression here is something else. Its all very subtle, but its matching pace with the romantic progression.

Concurrently, Yamada seems more serious and self-aware, doesn't she? Yes, she's still quirky, but she is clearly becoming more in tune with the feelings of those around her — especially Kyo. Season 1 Yamada would not have rushed to his aid like that when he was dealing with orange hair guy. She popped right in and pulled him out of there. And even though both of them are awkward at displaying their feelings, they both are slowly getting through to each other.

This show took a middle school romcom and spliced it with some crazy well-executed coming of age narratives. I can't even believe how amazing each episode is.
Jan 27, 7:01 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
Nearly the entire episode was dedicated to Valentine’s Day goodness, and this show did wonders with it. That chocolate shogi game was smooth by Yamada honestly, I didn’t even realize what was happening until a bit after it happened lol, perhaps it was too smooth, it was a cute scene but this was merely the appetizer. The real juicy stuff was that scene by the convenience store after that wholesome bike ride, I’m sure from Ichikawa’s POV it seemed like he was about to get smooched up but Yamada went and smeared the chocolate on his face instead, it looked kinda like a heart too which was just the cherry on top lol, all this happened with a nice sunset backdrop which I really loved.

But the goodness didn’t stop there, Yamada wasn’t done dishing out that Valentine’s Day magic so she stopped by while walking the dog, little did she know it was actually Ichikawa who has that dog in him when he cheered her up after she initially got upset about screwing up her opportunities (which she really didn’t imo lol), the hug was a perfect way to cap off that scene, there was no way to resist a hug there lol. And near the end we ended up seeing that one handsome lad Nanjou again thanks to Adachi, the poor lad is too goofy for his own good, I do kinda hope he scores Moeko tho lol. And Yamada snagging Ichikawa after they waved at each other must’ve been quite the spectacle for Nanjou, I do wonder what he thought in that moment, definitely a big win for Ichikawa as always tho.
Jan 27, 7:10 PM

Jan 2021
Oh nice
Now this ep is so sweet as Valentine's day... wich is in 18 days... damn

Jan 27, 7:22 PM
Aug 2022
I'm a big fan of how wonderfuly complex dyed hair paisen is. All of the secondary characters are delightfuly three-dimensional.

Jan 27, 7:47 PM

Oct 2014
Oh boy. They keep dropping godlike episodes one after the other and it keeps on getting better!!

Love that Yamada pretty much in a roundabout way say this is not an obligatory chocolate <3

This show is not helping with my diabetes ๐Ÿ˜‚
Jan 27, 7:59 PM
Aug 2020
is it possible to not enjoy with them

i really enjoyed every sec, so good
otakuweek on insta for News /recom etc

just have a look, you won't regret it...
Jan 27, 8:18 PM
Jan 2023
ahh man I just can't watch this anime in front of my parents, they'll always get me wrong.... guess I gotta work on my smiles :( that's being said, I hope peak is yet to come
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Do girls like Yamada really exist? ( 1 2 )

Zarutaku - Jan 21

74 by Zarutaku »»
Today, 1:36 AM

Poll: » Boku no Kokoro no Yabai Yatsu Season 2 Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Softhenic03 - Mar 30

348 by UaEfAlCoN83 »»
Yesterday, 11:36 AM

Poll: » Boku no Kokoro no Yabai Yatsu Season 2 Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 24

116 by little_raven »»
May 5, 8:04 PM

Poll: » Boku no Kokoro no Yabai Yatsu Season 2 Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 9

118 by Mattinator95 »»
May 5, 6:47 AM

Poll: » Boku no Kokoro no Yabai Yatsu Season 2 Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jan 6

202 by Playcool »»
May 5, 6:42 AM
Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.