Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Dec 15, 2023 6:43 AM

Nov 2011
Man, this show's adventure really takes Frieren and her companions to interesting places. This episode is just another example of creative storytelling as she and her party deals with a monsters that cursed villagers to sleep.

My favorite episode is the dance scenes though. Fern looked great in her dress and those moments felt magical.
Dec 15, 2023 6:44 AM

May 2020
I mean Frieren does make up for an aged woman requirement, but she doesn’t exactly fit the criteria Sein is asking for, so… poor Sein ig lol. Though I found it hilarious how the first thing Frieren suggested after stepping foot in that cursed village was to leave the place as soon as humanly possible, and not to bother with any unneeded trouble lol, except they didn’t.

It was a kind of flower monster in the end who eventually put not only the villagers but even Stark, Fern and heck even Frieren to sleep. Really nice to see Sein in charge and getting his chance to shine, I mean it’s only been a couple of episodes since he made it into the party but he’s reliable, we know.

Chef’s kiss to the whole sequence of Frieren waking up for a matter of seconds and blasting the monster out of the fucking atmosphere itself. Studio really hasn’t missed a single segment of any episode thus far. Also hey, Sein got his praises too… from his favourite kind of woman( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

The Orden family segment may seem unserious at first glance, with the whole of Stark playing an out of character persona just for a social gathering at that, but the parallels we saw when Stark interacted with Orden and got to know about his younger son, just hit too close to home with his own circumstances. In the end, they did what they were supposed to do in front of the public, and that resulted in a hefty reward too for the party, so all good;)

By the way, the entire “royal-ish” dance segment between Stark and Fern was so sweet.
Dec 15, 2023 6:44 AM

Dec 2021
I always find it funny when Frieren gets swallowed by a mimic.

Arriving at the village of Laub Hills, Frieren's party discovered that the villagers were mysteriously put to sleep by some kind of curse. According to the Frieren, priests are less susceptible to the effects of the curse due to the goddess's protection. Sein, possessing resistance and knowledge about curses, identifies the type and source of the curse. The four of them then set out to eradicate the monsters causing the curse.

You know, that plant monster is seriously creepy. Without a priest around, it could just suck up a whole village, no problem. It's cool to see Sein getting into the action and actually thinking about the fallout of his attacks. At first, the lord seemed a bit arrogant, but it was surprisingly nice to discover how much he cares about his son and the understanding he shares with Stark about their own struggles. The only downside for me is how quickly the episode flew by, although I get that it fits Frieren's perspective.

Only Frieren would spend a whole day and a half just poring over grimoires.

Dec 15, 2023 7:04 AM

Nov 2010
  • The source material used only 3 frames for the scene that Frieren destroyed the flower monster. Using them as key frames, the animation was constructed. Good job as usual.
  • "Efforts never betray you." I heard the similar phrase somewhere recently... oh, that's Lugner's line in episode 8.
Dec 15, 2023 7:20 AM
Sep 2021
Very nice episode
Dec 15, 2023 7:21 AM
Dec 2023
Yet another great episode as always!
Dec 15, 2023 7:29 AM
Sep 2021
Ah, I hope someday I can watch Fern and Stark dancing again in their wedding.
Dec 15, 2023 7:30 AM
Sep 2015
That sleeping monster is the most threatening enemy so far, even more than the whole army of demon, and it only takes half of the episode to finish it.

Which maybe a good thing, considering that in the second half we kinda get a "what-if" family for Stark situation. Stark also happened to look exactly like someone else's son, which also look like Stark's big brother. My conclusion is that everyone from his village is so hot, such a shame that it was destroyed.
Dec 15, 2023 7:31 AM
Jul 2023
Its all about the cake.

So much happened in this superb episode, the world building, the interactions, the dynamics and the callbacks all seamlessly and naturally presented.
Dec 15, 2023 7:32 AM
Nov 2023
跳舞好棒!
Dec 15, 2023 7:33 AM

Apr 2010
My weekly dose of Stark abuse was ok he didn't get much this time from Fern but the etiquette might have been harsh.
Still i liked the dance scene, Fern looked great.
The flower reminded me of a certain witch anime tho the flower scene there was a lot more brutal, the anime was more brutal as a whole but it was nice to be reminded of it.
When Frieren woke up the fight was over in seconds.
Dec 15, 2023 7:43 AM
May 2023
The battle scenes were still very exciting, and the music and sound effects were very powerful. I enjoyed the dance scene between Fern and Stark.
Dec 15, 2023 7:54 AM
Sep 2020
let the ship continue to sail in this episode.
Dec 15, 2023 7:56 AM
Aug 2020
another beautiful episode

no time to fall asleep in front of the tv...

i hope that Stark will have the opportunity to apologies...
otakuweek on insta for News /recom etc

just have a look, you won't regret it...
Dec 15, 2023 7:59 AM

Feb 2021
Btw in Japan Aura being Frieren's servant became a huge meme and there are so many fan-arts and comics of it lmao

Another beautiful fight with great animation. How do they keep doing it. And Frieren was badass.
Lmao Sein fell in love at first sight.
Google says "Vorig" means "last" or "previous".
16:35 AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH

AND FERN IS GONNA BE THERE TOO AAAAAAAA I'M SO HAPPY
The dance is so damn well-animated too.
Another bittersweet story. Orden means "medal", Wirt is "host" or "landlord" and Mut is "courage".
This episode was an absolute treat.
EmbientDec 15, 2023 8:02 AM
Dec 15, 2023 8:16 AM
Jun 2020
This episode is RICH! We got battle, romance, comedy and bittersweet story
Dec 15, 2023 8:22 AM

Dec 2022
there was no ed i love the ed this makes me sad anyway the battle against the flower brought them closer and formed a mutual understanding also feel bad for the father but it is a nobles duty or whatever
Dec 15, 2023 8:32 AM

Jan 2009
stark x fern romance is increasing fast
Dec 15, 2023 8:40 AM

Jan 2018
Somebody give Sein his onee-san. Clearly he deserves it. He was great at fighting that demon. But in the end, it was Frieren who gave the killing blow.

That Fern and Stark dance was great. That was so beautiful.

I really wish Stark's brother is still alive. His dad too.
Dec 15, 2023 8:51 AM

Jun 2017
What else can I say man, I'm so glad that I discovered this anime because it is one of the most beautiful things I've ever watched in my life...
Dec 15, 2023 8:57 AM

Oct 2017
Frieren waking up and taking down that monster was so good. The dance was simply beautiful and Fern looked beautiful in white dress, Frieren too. Good episode again with some lingering pain throughout the episode.
MegamiRemDec 18, 2023 1:32 AM
Dec 15, 2023 8:58 AM

Jul 2017
The dancing scenes were really interesting. The background characters did look stiff and a bit out of place (which is a rarity for how consistent the series has been in all visual fronts) but the actual focus on Fern and Stark while not perfect, still looked magical enough to work and there was a lot of focus on actually showing the dance routine and not just their facial reactions. Loved how the bond developed throughout the dance.

As a whole, it was a good episode. By no means the best but it just flew by well, and I also did like the moments that Sein and Frieren had, and seeing Sein acclimate to his new party, especially when having to deal with the curse that the flower monster was responsible for. He had his moments to display what he could while learned to rely on Frieren through the words of someone he respected a lot while growing up in the past. The series is a bit overdependent on reflection moments like these to the past for everything but it worked and Frieren got to show how capable she was with as minimal amount of time as she had after the awakening spell was cast on her. That looked awesome too. In terms of action, Madhouse and the staff involved with animating and constructing these scenes have been pretty much flawless and it continues on. The dance stuff was not as seamless and flawless but that was also difficult and to be fair to them, they did handle it better than what I would expect from a number of anime. Last time I enjoyed a dance scene was with Mushoku Tensei and I can't recall too many off the top of my head in anime that produced magic with it like that and this one in particular.

Also, some of the outfits in that 2nd half looked great, especially with Fern. She definitely gave off princess vibes there.
Dec 15, 2023 9:02 AM

Mar 2021
Such an amazing and beautiful episode Fern looked so cute in her dress at the dance and this show has been spectacular so far
Dec 15, 2023 9:04 AM

Mar 2010
AH Hell Yeaaaaa my boi,,, the SHIP HAS SAILED and damn frieren wasn't looking to bad either.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Dec 15, 2023 9:04 AM
Dec 2023
Let's make this anime of the year
Dec 15, 2023 9:20 AM
Apr 2023
Best...........................
Dec 15, 2023 9:21 AM

Jul 2016
Don't know which Frieren moment I loved more - identifying a monster's weakness and obliterating it within 5 seconds of waking up, or going "I'm eating this cake." to a dance request.

The gradual change in Fern's expression from uneasiness to being in awe of Stark to sincerely enjoying herself was easily my favorite part of that dance scene (Other than the animation, music and sheer adorableness of the both of them of course)
FarCriticalDec 15, 2023 9:40 AM
Dec 15, 2023 9:22 AM

Jul 2017
The next destination being the Laub Hills, Sein sure is unhappy that the sexy older lady character doesn't exist in the party (though Frieren is one but an elf), and the village they stumbled upon is one distraught of life, a curse, which Sein is the only priest able to inspect it. To Frieren, the magic of the Goddess is quite different from humanity's magic that not the same to be cured, though both Stark and Fern slowly succumb to the curse by falling asleep, and the same applies to said elf herself. This only remains Sein to deal with the root of the curse: a chaos flower monster that if not dealt with, the village and its people will be decimated. His 5-second entry otherwise, Frieren managed to defeat the chaos flower with ease and save the village and its people, giving headpats the same way as Heiter did.

Soon, they reach the fortress city of Vorig, though being stopped by one of the 3 Great Families of the Orden family, which Frieren knows all too well and doesn't want to entertain them, but considering their shortage of funds, they decide to hear Orden out, which due to the death of his son Wirt, he has to pose as him with servant Gabel teaching him etiquette for 3 months before the big soiree. Stark looking most like Wirt, Orden doesn't have much trust on his second-born Mut, but he hopes that with Stark, he will fulfill that promise. Along with Fern who has to also go through the etiquette training as well in a short time, they might as well dance, which it looked majestic as heck (keep the ship going).

The truth was, both Orden and Wirt had a falling out, and it's the same with Stark. Frieren getting her reward picking her grimoire needlessly, and at the very least, Orden has Mut to grow him into a capable son that he could succeed Wirt as time goes on.

The Stark and Fern ship just keeps going...now in majestical form.

Dec 15, 2023 9:23 AM
Sep 2016
Wow, they fit so much into this episode, and all done to satisfaction. Another excellent episode of Frieren.
Dec 15, 2023 9:25 AM

Oct 2020
This is heartwarming episode, Lord Orden was more like a father figure than Stark's actual father.
Dec 15, 2023 9:26 AM

Apr 2012
NorTheBocchi said:
let the ship continue to sail in this episode.

Not just sail, soar to new heights and beyond!

Their ship is a freaking battle cruiser!!!
"Manga readers are annoying, all they do is complain or spoil the anime we discuss in an anime forum.
They should really do their whining at manga forums.

USERS ON MY IGNORED LIST:
RayReynolds - SSL443 - Dr4kon - Nerdanimefan1992 - ToTheMountains - Fiveskies
To add users to the Ignore list: (1) Go to Account settings (2) Click Forum tab and toggle down (3) Type or paste user name on entry box (4) Click Add and you're done.
Problem solved, you'll never have to see someone trolling ever again because their post will be closed/collapsed.
Dec 15, 2023 9:33 AM

May 2023
very good episode, I really loved stark and fern's dance, although leaving that aside I was sad that stark had bad memories, this episode is really great.
Dec 15, 2023 9:38 AM
Mar 2015
Everybody plays their part Glad Mut will not have to endure what Stark and Wirt did Stark has found his home He and Fern make a very good couple
Dec 15, 2023 9:48 AM
Nov 2022
As good as every week, authentic art 🚬.

I loved the first part, showing the importance of Sein in the team, it was definitely necessary.
On the other hand; The second part of the episode, focusing on Stark and his "performance" as that nobleman's son was very good, I also liked it, the scenes with Fern are GOOOOOD.

Without a doubt Frieren Fridays are special...
Dec 15, 2023 9:49 AM

Mar 2013
Stark and Fern dancing together was quite lovely to the eyes. Their ship is getting stronger... 🥲
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Dec 15, 2023 9:55 AM

Jul 2012
Nice to see some development for Sein and Stark.
Dec 15, 2023 10:02 AM
Nov 2014
Beautiful dancing scene and chill Frieren :)
Dec 15, 2023 10:07 AM

Feb 2019
“Do you need your mommy’s permission to talk” lmaoo. Then Frieren totally changed her tune on helping out once she found out about the money 😂

Man the first half with Sein was good, but this episode’s second half was where it really shined. You can’t take back awful things that you say. We’ve all said things we didn’t truly mean to people we care about, and Lord Ogden and his son’s relationship is a perfect example of why you need to be careful with that.

A trivial argument, some hurtful words and he never got to see his son again to apologise, truly heartbreaking. A lesson we can all learn is to just think before you speak, never know when the last time is you’ll see someone.

I kinda had a feeling from the start, that it was a little more than just getting Stark ready for this soirée, he was looking for a longer term fill in, but in the end everything worked out. Plus we got to see Fern and Stark dancing, their ship stocks are through the roof at this point.

Fern was ok with making stark do this training but when she had to do it was an issue 😂.

Another awesome episode, thank you Madhouse 🙏🏾
Marinate1016Dec 15, 2023 10:14 AM
Dec 15, 2023 10:11 AM

Mar 2023
Some world building with how magic works for mages/demons/monsters/priests. Party trust building episode. That was a nice dance scene at the end.
Good episode
Dec 15, 2023 10:33 AM

May 2019
Another great episode with a great mix of comedy, action, and drama. Fern telling Stark that they need the money so he'll have to train to pretend to be the noble's son and later on when Fern was told she had to learn etiquette too and Stark telling her to suck it up because they need the money was great (oh and Frieren telling Fern good luck lol).

BTW early on I thought Sein was being serious when he asked what the party is missing haha. Speaking of which, way to go Sein, maybe when you're done with your adventuring she'll be waiting for you :p

Dec 15, 2023 10:42 AM
Oct 2021
every friday i look forward to this show and every friday im never disappointed
Dec 15, 2023 10:44 AM

Nov 2017
This dance scene explains why this anime is rank one. So beautiful as always.

Dec 15, 2023 10:46 AM
May 2023
this anime in getting Better and Better every epiaode
Dec 15, 2023 10:48 AM

Sep 2016
That dance scene looked way too good <3 probably rotoscoped
This dance is the pinnacle of human achievement.
Dec 15, 2023 10:52 AM

Dec 2020
I really love their conversation and the atmosphere between frieren fern stark and sein.
Stark and Fern are dancing was very emotional to watch because she was looking at him in this way and frieren is so funny she let them do what they have to do.
P O S I T I V E V I B E Sシ

Dec 15, 2023 10:55 AM
May 2021
This anime is absolutely sensational deserves to be anime of the season!!
Dec 15, 2023 10:57 AM
Dec 2023
i shit myself oansjkca
Dec 15, 2023 11:01 AM

Aug 2022
Stark and Fern dancing is really sweet! I couldn't stop smiling while I was watching them! Also the animation was so great.
Dec 15, 2023 11:04 AM

Mar 2020
Another episode, and Frieren and friends go to more interesting places...

I don't think I have too much to say from a storytelling perspective this week, but it was a rather fun episode that saw Sein in action for the first time against the flower that cursed a village, and then everyone went to the Orden family mansion to help with matters over there. Fern and Stark had to learn etiquette and dance together, and who would say no to more Fern and Stark moments? It's certainly been a joy watching their interactions as of late. A lot of fluidity in the visuals as well, and it's amazing how consistently great the show has looked. The first cour ends next week, but there's still a lot of this wonderful series to go.
Dec 15, 2023 11:07 AM
Jan 2017
Reply to Embient
Btw in Japan Aura being Frieren's servant became a huge meme and there are so many fan-arts and comics of it lmao

Another beautiful fight with great animation. How do they keep doing it. And Frieren was badass.
Lmao Sein fell in love at first sight.
Google says "Vorig" means "last" or "previous".
16:35 AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH

AND FERN IS GONNA BE THERE TOO AAAAAAAA I'M SO HAPPY
The dance is so damn well-animated too.
Another bittersweet story. Orden means "medal", Wirt is "host" or "landlord" and Mut is "courage".
This episode was an absolute treat.
@Embient
>>Btw in Japan Aura being Frieren's servant became a huge meme and there are so many fan-arts and comics of it lmao

Frieren:
Aura, hurry up and get me a pizza and a Coke.

Aura, be a crabber in Alaska.

Aura, get on the Evangelion.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sousou no Frieren Episode 28 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Mar 22

849 by Khmnoosh »»
8 hours ago

Poll: » Sousou no Frieren Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 24, 2023

369 by jjjsssddd »»
8 hours ago

» What did you enjoy the most about Frieren?

Daconator - Jun 18

42 by anduong16 »»
9 hours ago

Poll: » Sousou no Frieren Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KANLen09 - Sep 29, 2023

313 by DrummerNic »»
11 hours ago

Poll: » Sousou no Frieren Episode 27 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

ShadowkillZ - Mar 15

379 by MasterK »»
Yesterday, 4:00 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.