Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Nov 3, 2023 7:44 AM

Nov 2011
The Seven Sages of Destruction are no joke and Aura is obviously not a pushover as she faces off against Frieren this episode.

I know this show has showcased what Frieren is capable of but this episode once again reminds us how tough and resilient she can be. I also love the focus on Fren this episode, especially her relationship with Frieren. Definitely lived up to my expectations as an adaptation from the manga. The actions scenes were great too.
Nov 3, 2023 7:44 AM

May 2020
If anything, atleast Lugner realised and recalled who Frieren was, I mean it’d have been a waste if he died without knowing after all. As for the adjectives used with her name, it seems like every demon out in the town shares the same sentiment and views, you see Aura knows it quite well too.

Liked how Frieren just jumped in front of Aura’s undead army, and started obliterating them, as she might have done all those 80 years ago. Though Aura’s scale of obedience could be tricky, but it doesn’t mean fuck to Frieren, as the army is undead, and morever like she stated herself, as there’s no Himmel this time around, she could take her time and pleasure to out Aura to her place, once and for all.

ABSOLUTELY HILARIOUS how Fern just ripped that piece of cloth from her attire which Stark touched and threw it some kilometres away… she’s so harsh to Stark:((( It could mean something else too, but this way it was comedy gold, without even intending.

We were waiting for Frieren vs Aura, but that’s for later in its full extent, as Fern against Lugner took the complete cake this time around. Visual spectacle it was already, but the music in the background complimented a LOT too. Fern, with her monstrous powers, had a literal demon in shambles.

Stark again with his never say die. He might not be as powerful as Frieren or Fern but he’s in his own league too. Goodbye girl, nobody would remember you, and you too, Lugner:)
Nov 3, 2023 8:14 AM

Jun 2019
What an episode and what an incredible debut by Kouki Fujimoto today. I was looking forward to his work ever since it was announced that he would be making his debut on Frieren and boy, he didn't miss. A beautiful spectacle that made me feel some type of way. Lots of character animation and beautiful pieces of background animation as well. Frieren once again shows what she's capable of and it makes me glad to see that. Aside from the action, Evan Call's music in this show has been the highlight for me so far. Elevating the scenes to another level.

Everyone had their great moments again, Fern, Stark which I'm really glad about. Also, love the dynamic between all of them. Enjoyed this episode as well. From beautiful storytelling to amazing animation, the show has everything to offer. A really strong episode, indeed. Looking forward to next week.
Nov 3, 2023 8:20 AM

Jan 2018
Fern went crazy this episode holy shit. Need Frieren vs Aura rn.
Nov 3, 2023 8:27 AM
Sep 2021
If I could summarize this episode in a sentence, it would be:

Satisfying, but not totally satisfied.

Still wait for a week to conclude this arc, huh?
Nov 3, 2023 8:28 AM

Dec 2021
I'm somewhat surprised that Aura isn't more concerned about Frieren, especially considering they've faced off before and she ended up losing.

Having left the city alone, Frieren found herself facing one of the formidable Seven Sages of Destruction, Aura of the Guillotine. Possessing immense magical power, Aura sent wave after wave of undead forces at Frieren. Meanwhile, Fern and Stark, who had rescued Granat, were also being threatened by the sinister magic of Rugner and Lugner. The battle between Frieren's group and Aura's army escalated.

So Aura is employing control magic to reanimate the corpses of the men who were sent against her. It's understandable that the city readily agreed when she proposed a peace treaty; they can't exactly afford to send more men to face her. It seems like the headless army was her chosen method to ensure obedience to her commands, correct? Fern is about to confront some demons, but I have a feeling Stark is going to face some tough challenges before he emerges victorious.

Stark's realism is probably the most accurate aspect of this series, lol.

Nov 3, 2023 8:29 AM

Feb 2021
Great episode, it was nice seeing Fern and Stark fighting on their own without the help of Frieren.

Though I still don't understand why Linie didn't finish Stark off...
Nov 3, 2023 8:29 AM
Aug 2020
another great episode

impossible to not enjoy this anime

i go continue the manga,i'm hot
otakuweek on insta for News /recom etc

just have a look, you won't regret it...
Nov 3, 2023 8:32 AM

Feb 2021
8:52 daaaamn this clothing animation. 10:43 Here too. They really went all-out on clothes this episode.
16:00 Does Balterie mean anything? All names in this have been in German so far but the translator doesn't bring up anything.
21:45 Erfassen means "capture" apparently.
22:21 Had to rewind this to see that Stark actually slashed her. I wish there was a slash sound. But still this is epic af
This is definitely top 5 most well-animated anime this year.
Nov 3, 2023 8:33 AM

Feb 2021
Damn the animation is smooth. Stark and Fern put up a great fight against those demons.

Next week Frieren vs Aura.
"Nobody could laugh at someone who's trying their hardest" -Machio-

Nov 3, 2023 8:36 AM

Mar 2017
Madhouse went wild with this episode. How many years have they cooking Frieren? 2? This seems like an anime that has been in production for quite a while.
Nov 3, 2023 8:37 AM

Apr 2010
Finally an episode where the disciples can show what they are truly capable off, it's impressive to watch.
Frieren herself also seems to have picked a pretty hard fight making me wonder how it will turn out.
Still i wonder what the towns people will think of this seeing their city turn into a battlefield all of a sudden.
Nov 3, 2023 8:38 AM

Jun 2017
A masterpiece of an episode
Nov 3, 2023 8:38 AM
作画

Nov 2019
the staff is truly showing off, I swear I'm regretting reading the manga first
Nov 3, 2023 8:39 AM
Jul 2023
What a satisfying strike!

Every elements in the fights is simply spectacular.
Nov 3, 2023 8:39 AM
Dec 2016
If the fight has less conversation it would be peak (just a nitpicking)

But damn this episode is really good. For non battle show the fight animation is really Godly.

-------

This show really almost has all of em:

Chill moment - Great character development - Great battle scenes animation + no fanservice.

The only thing that missing is the stakes, but no one come & watch Frieren for the heavy stakes lol. I really love this episode & love this series.

10/10
Nov 3, 2023 8:40 AM

Oct 2017
That was hype! Madhouse went hard with the animation yet again. Lugner vs Fern and Stark vs Linie were both lit af. Fern looked menancing with that emotionless face. They both fought really well and won. I thought Frieren part was gonna end in this episode too but damn gotta wait till next one. Another week of wait, F.
Nov 3, 2023 8:42 AM
Jun 2023
lol whenever you have a character who is smug, a loli, or both always hire Ayana Taketatsu
Nov 3, 2023 8:43 AM
May 2021
Amazing ep, Fern was on demon time this ep!!
Nov 3, 2023 8:44 AM

Feb 2020
Holy cow..Peak animation...
Probably my favorite episode of the year🤯🤯🤯
Nov 3, 2023 8:45 AM

Mar 2021
What a visual candy of an episode!! The AniP who hyped this episode, knew what they were talking about..... Real deal sakuga fest!!!
Nov 3, 2023 8:46 AM

Sep 2013
Damn this anime is really becoming something special, GOATed episode :3
Nov 3, 2023 8:46 AM

Jan 2009
fern and stark are cool in this episode

and fern is the fastest spell caster eh
Nov 3, 2023 8:49 AM
Sep 2015
I wonder what's Stark's background since he has so much stamina, but more importantly, I want to taste test his stamina first-hand.
Nov 3, 2023 8:54 AM

Mar 2021
Fantastic episode where we got to see Fern and Stark in action I really enjoy Fern as a character and seeing how powerful she has already become thanks to Frieren
Nov 3, 2023 8:57 AM

Nov 2014
Stark ruining his moment was great lol
This has to be one of the best mage duels I've seen in anime. Fern looked so cool.
Despite the title of this episode, it wasn't focused on Aura (and Frieren), so I guess next week?
Nov 3, 2023 8:58 AM

Oct 2018
Ahhhh, This animation is so good, they make Fern and Stark battle at the same time, and the narration Can't wait for Freiren' fight
Nov 3, 2023 9:01 AM
Jun 2023
This episode was RIDICULOUS! Almost got me emotional from that Eisen flashback near the end about not losing the fight if you can still keep getting up. The animation was INSANE this episode plus we got to see Fern actually in action! Might be the best episode so far!
Nov 3, 2023 9:01 AM

Sep 2019
Fern is behind them in everything except speed but she overwhelemed him with sheer speed. That was legit amazing.
Nov 3, 2023 9:04 AM
Jun 2020
Another 10/10 episode. The fight is so lit. This is probably the first time seeing Frieren getting angry. Aura really has pressed the wrong button
Nov 3, 2023 9:05 AM

Jul 2011
Have an episode with the character name. The character just have maybe less than 3 minutes of screentime.

Fern "You sure like to talk.". Proceed to talk a lot too.

This episode happened because the hero party didn't felt like completing the job. The demons now think that's how a battles happen from the looks of Stark battle.

I wonder if every Stark battle will the standard half-dead flashback then ass pull win trope. He should learn from Fern the way of flashbacking.
BlichoBoyNov 3, 2023 9:08 AM
Nov 3, 2023 9:12 AM

Jun 2011
The animation is great but I'm getting tired of seeing flashbacks that happen to be almost the exact same situation of the current events.
That's the one thing that feels cheap to me.
Nov 3, 2023 9:13 AM

Mar 2021
It really is amazing how deliberately paced this show is. If the quality were anything less than stellar, I would imaging it dragging and being interminable. However, every episode so far, I have caught myself surprised it has ended already. I usually have to check the time code to make sure there is not a five minute after credit scene or something.
Nov 3, 2023 9:16 AM
Sep 2022
This is Cinema!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Nov 3, 2023 9:18 AM
Sep 2021
Reply to Embient
8:52 daaaamn this clothing animation. 10:43 Here too. They really went all-out on clothes this episode.
16:00 Does Balterie mean anything? All names in this have been in German so far but the translator doesn't bring up anything.
21:45 Erfassen means "capture" apparently.
22:21 Had to rewind this to see that Stark actually slashed her. I wish there was a slash sound. But still this is epic af
This is definitely top 5 most well-animated anime this year.
@Embient They want to give it lightning effect, when lightning strike, you don't hear it until you see it.
Nov 3, 2023 9:19 AM
Jan 2021
not expecting those two to fight, but still waiting for full frierens fight
Nov 3, 2023 9:20 AM
Apr 2021
Insane fight animation with really cool choreography adaptation
Nov 3, 2023 9:22 AM

Nov 2013
11/10 episode. Absolutely beautiful!
Nov 3, 2023 9:25 AM

Jul 2017
Incredible action and choreography in this episode. Just massively flexing while not relying solely on effects but actual movements and weight to make it look great and intense. I think the buildup with the music for all the action here made it even better. The manga is really good but the anime just elevates this big time into something truly special, definitely one of the best manga adaptations I've seen so far based on how much it has elevated the experience through the staff's magical efforts on this. The pacing was great here too, some earlier episodes did feel a bit slow but this flowed really well throughout.

This series so far has been a bit over-reliant on flashbacks for key scenes like you would find with a lot of shounen anime but that's only a nitpick. When you get action with intensity as awesome as this, can't really go too negative just solely for that.
Nov 3, 2023 9:27 AM
Oct 2022
FERN OMG SHE MADE THIS EPISODE
Nov 3, 2023 9:31 AM
Dec 2021
Not even a battle shounen but does fights better than any.
lmaooo
Nov 3, 2023 9:37 AM

Mar 2010
Damn killing off that pink haired demon loli is a huge waste, she had good waifu potential.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Nov 3, 2023 9:39 AM
Sep 2014
Wow
I need the Fern X Lugner on YouTube, just to show people what anime is capable of. Amazing
Nov 3, 2023 9:43 AM

Jul 2016
"I didn't hear no bell." - Stark, probably

Fern's battle with Lugner is a pretty good demonstration for why cooldown reduction and low cast times are important.

Seriously though. After watching those fight scenes, I'm fully convinced that the animators are mages themselves. Those fireworks of mana were nothing short of magical.
Nov 3, 2023 9:44 AM

Apr 2020
PEAK HOLY FUCKING SHIT

┌─❈❇❈─┐

└─❈❇❈─┘

Jan 2009
i love fern i find her sexy hot too

May 2019
The way this anime has a mix of drama, suspense, action, and even comedy, it's a masterpiece. Speaking of comedy, when Stark started acting manly and told Fern his plan for her to go talk to guards while he goes and takes care of the demons begs Frieren was funny.

The action scenes were great again and the demons' downfall does appear to be their arrogance. The only negative I can say about this episode is that it ended way too fast, looking forward to Frieren vs. Aura!
Nov 3, 2023 9:47 AM
Jan 2022
There was one last minute til the episode ended, I did not expect fern and stark to actually finish off that fight, thought it would be another shounen cliffhanger.. im so satisfied with this masterpiece of an episode, the animators went mad with this for sure
Nov 3, 2023 9:53 AM
Mar 2015
Stark could kill her because she was just an imitation of his master Lugner had no prayer against demon killing magic from one taught by slayer herself Now Aura is about to learn a valuable lesson about her flawed technique from Friern who is freed from the restrictions her party laid her and is free to kill without mercy
Nov 3, 2023 9:53 AM

Jul 2012
Fern and Stark make quite the combo.
Pages (9) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sousou no Frieren Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Oct 6, 2023

236 by nickehhhhhh »»
27 minutes ago

Poll: » Would you ask Ubel on a date?

Shizuna - May 6

45 by mafd12 »»
1 hour ago

Poll: » Sousou no Frieren Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KANLen09 - Sep 29, 2023

314 by nickehhhhhh »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » Sousou no Frieren Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 29, 2023

238 by nickehhhhhh »»
2 hours ago

» What did you enjoy the most about Frieren?

Daconator - Jun 18

47 by SillySkull525 »»
7 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.