Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Apr 8, 2023 3:17 PM
May 2022
In my opinion it was pretty mid
Apr 8, 2023 3:24 PM

May 2018
The fact that Yamada is a high schooler was interesting, I wasn't expecting that, it's unusual for women to develop interest for younger guys, this is nice. Not that it matters that much since the age gap isn't actually big, but it's a nice touch. Also, Yamada opened up a bit, I still dislike his personality as a whole but it was a decent episode, I liked it and I expect some interesting development for the series.

Grant me one hour on love's most sacred shores
    To clasp the bosom that my soul adores,
    Lie heart to heart and merge my soul with yours
Apr 8, 2023 3:25 PM

Apr 2016
milktaewithsuga said:
Does no one else find it alarming that Yamada’s in HIGH SCHOOL??????? How old is Akane because if she’s significantly older this is going to get very weird and very red flag
I knew the weirdos would come out after finding out about that. STFU nobody cares about fictional characters' age gaps, especially in Japanese media.
Apr 8, 2023 3:28 PM
Aug 2019
Honestly i'm conflicted about the age gap between them, actually hoping they start dating after he ends high school at least... Besides that, I'm enjoying this anime a lot!!! That scene where Akane had to throw her things out hit me since i'm a person who gets quite attached to things too, and I don't like throwing them away lol. I'm so glad she kept her grandma's bear though... Also the post-credit scene was really cute!
Apr 8, 2023 4:06 PM
May 2021
another cute episode with pretty animation. i do find it a little weird though though that yamada is only a highschooler and akane is an adult
My 2023 candies:
Apr 8, 2023 4:51 PM

Aug 2019
Just when I thought we were getting a nice adult rom-com, they pull us right back at the same old bullshit with Yamada being in high school...
Ahora, triste en la pendiente, solitario y ya vencido yo me quiero confesar

Si aquella boca mentía el amor que me ofrecía, por aquellos ojos brujos, yo habría dado siempre más

Apr 8, 2023 4:51 PM

Jan 2023
bigd0311 said:
VexingCurses said:

She’s only 2 years older. This is a normal age gap.

I call bs. If this situation was reversed the score would be a 6 and there would be a 100 comments about cradle robbing.

Over a two year age difference? If you think everyone on this planet dates everyone exactly their same number age you need to get real. Two years of age difference are definitely still peers and not unacceptable at all.
Apr 8, 2023 4:57 PM

Jul 2014
Syureria said:
When Akane coincidentally met "Yamada" in the offline FOS event, she impulsively introduced Yamada as her boyfriend when she met her ex-boyfriend (with his new girlfriend). In the restaurant they entered to fix her mistake, Akane got drunk and was taken to Yamada's room. In the previous episode, I thought Akane was naked, lol.

Yamada explained the situation that happened back then. Yamada carried Akane to his house, it was pretty cute. Akane was thinking about how to repay Yamada's kindness. Yamada just wanted Akane to go home quickly. Akane seemed regretful because it was her first experience staying overnight in a guy's room.

When she arrived at home, Akane realized that something was missing. Akane tried to find the accessory (a necklace) and contacted Yamada whom she met in the FOS guild room. Lolihime, lol... Akane tried to contact Yamada but it seemed that Yamada was offline. Akane still couldn't move on from Takuma. It was a necklace given by her ex-boyfriend.

Akane confided in Lolihime about the necklace. Yamada logged in, but he didn't have free time because he had to hunt for drop items. It was about the guild's treasure. Yamada was really insensitive, lol. I don't know what else to do for Akane.

And yahhh... The necklace did fall in Yamada's room, but Yamada accidentally stepped on it. The necklace looked damaged. After the ad, it was a flashback of Takuma and Akane. Takuma gave a gift, but it was from Takuma's new girlfriend, lol... The gift was a farewell, it was really surprising.

Momo-chan is very kind, Momo-chan wants to talk about other handsome bois. Akane is still depressed about the necklace. Momo-chan really asked a forbidden question, lol... Momo-chan is still confused about Akane. Why does Akane still keep the necklace given by Takuma, even though they are no longer dating...

Passing by the mall, Akane saw Yamada seemingly talking to two high school girls. Akane thought that the girls were confessing their feelings to Yamada. Shockingly, it turned out that Yamada is still a high school student... and he's in his third year. Oooomagaaaa...

Yamada give the damaged necklace to Akane, and though she was shocked, she accepted it as it was. Then it started raining... Akane braved through the rain, but for some reason, Yamada chased after her and stopped her. He gave her an umbrella... What an amazing gentle boy Yamada is.

The two of them were in a really funny situation, with Momo-chan and Akane being interesting roommates. Momo-chan asked Akane to clean up the trash immediately, including the teddy bear. Akane returned the umbrella that Yamada had given her earlier. Momo-chan was really drunk and talked about Akane, lol... Momo-chan seemed to have fallen in love with Yamada, that warm hug.

What an amazing yakiniku party ending~

You literally took the words right out of my very mouth. 
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 8, 2023 6:19 PM
Oct 2009
Was so much better than the first episode, i hope it keeps improving, less game more interactions.
Apr 8, 2023 6:36 PM

Apr 2015
I liked this episode much more than the previous one, the female MC wasn't that annoying and she kinda learned to get over her ex-boyfriend. Yamada is your typical dense, gives-zero-fucks male lead gamer but his dynamic with Akane is rather amusing. Wish he wasn't a high schooler though, the fact that a high schooler had to take care of a drunk college student is kinda sad. Plus I crave more college relationships in anime. Hope Akane matures and acts more responsibly moving forward. Otherwise I'm enjoying this show more than I thought I would. Hope we get to see more of the gaming aspect. The post credit scene was pretty funny, poor Akane haha.

"As promised, all that you seek, all that we desire, is prepared up there. On top of the Tower."
Apr 8, 2023 6:42 PM

Apr 2022
surprising to know that yamada is a high schooler, no problem of course. also surprising that akane had a top on, i really fell for that one huh.
akane cleaning out the baggage, nice. hope she's over that breakup now. drunk momo is pretty cute lmao.
Apr 8, 2023 6:45 PM

Sep 2020
Episode 2 convinced me to watch the show, the characters have a lot more depth than I thought
Nino is the objectively superior one, don't @ me
Apr 8, 2023 6:50 PM

Aug 2020
Time to break the old circles and start new ones... and the necklace break caused by Yamada's clumsiness is the sign. Akane needs to move on, and she is slowly accepting it; she gotta be thankful go have a friend like Momoko with her xD

Have nice dreams, Yamada...

Apr 8, 2023 7:06 PM
Sep 2020
do you think this season will reach chapter 69
Apr 8, 2023 7:17 PM
Mar 2015
Glad she decided to put things behind her
Apr 8, 2023 7:19 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
As it turns out Akane was indeed just stripped because she puked on herself and had to stay at Yamada’s over night lol, the classic blunder. I really enjoyed the bit in the game as well, Rurihime actually being a caring guild master and helping out her guild members was sweet, but then Yamada is the exact opposite and telling it exactly how it is lol. And wowzers, I loved the look Akane had in the middle of the episode when she went out with Momo, I don’t usually say this but yas queen slay lol.

And surprisingly Akane ran into Yamada getting confessed to afterward, to which he shrugs it off since a boss is spawning soon lol, that’s honestly a very chad way to brush off a confession even if it was unintentional. And the scene afterward in the rain was amazing, really loved that visual of Akane in the rain and it was also just a really good moment between her and Yamada. And I’m ngl seeing Momo force Akane to throw away all her possessions kinda hurt me lol, no way could I ever part with my albums, movies and games, I doubt she had all that but still.

And lastly the girls going to Yamada’s drunk was pretty funny lol, he really is roped in at this point, especially in that last scene, and the after credits was goofy too lol. Good to see this show continues to slap.
Apr 8, 2023 7:34 PM
Feb 2023
akane is so adorable
Apr 8, 2023 7:37 PM

Sep 2020
VexingCurses said:
bigd0311 said:

I call bs. If this situation was reversed the score would be a 6 and there would be a 100 comments about cradle robbing.

Over a two year age difference? If you think everyone on this planet dates everyone exactly their same number age you need to get real. Two years of age difference are definitely still peers and not unacceptable at all.
He is from planet Mars.
Apr 8, 2023 7:41 PM

Dec 2022
Está buenardo este anime xdd
Apr 8, 2023 7:45 PM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
Was going to say I was surprised to learn that Akane is probably a couple years older than Yamada here, but that's what everyone has already commented on xD

NYANPASU
5700XT

Apr 8, 2023 7:58 PM
May 2017
Shit was aight

3/5
Apr 8, 2023 8:42 PM
Mar 2021
Turn virgin into love-caring. is it?
Apr 8, 2023 8:42 PM
Mar 2020
Very good soundtrack 10/10, cool animation, best history
Apr 8, 2023 8:44 PM
Nov 2016
Another good episode. Love the op, this series and the characters. The rain scene was so good! And the post credts one was funny :)
bigd0311 said:
VexingCurses said:

She’s only 2 years older. This is a normal age gap.

I call bs.  If this situation was reversed the score would be a 6 and there would be a 100 comments about cradle robbing.
Akane and Yamada are 20 and 18, respectively. That's totally fine.
Also, these are fictional drawings of fictional characters. So, who cares? Fiction ≠ reality after all
Apr 8, 2023 9:20 PM

Oct 2018
Yamada is just third year of high school, I thought he would be older than that. What a Chad to refuse those girls, he's smart and knows his stuff. They show storage problems in-game and IRL too, throwing unnecessary is good for your space, will apply for my room.
Apr 8, 2023 9:31 PM
Jun 2017
to those heartbroken there, i suggest you do what Akane has done in this episode, THROW AWAY THOSE THINGS YOU DONT NEED ANYMORE especially those things given by your EX. stop hurting yourself and move on
Apr 8, 2023 10:29 PM
Mar 2023
i am liking this anime

Apr 8, 2023 10:36 PM

Jan 2023
dodoxdo97 said:
Another good episode. Love the op, this series and the characters. The rain scene was so good! And the post credts one was funny :)
bigd0311 said:

I call bs.  If this situation was reversed the score would be a 6 and there would be a 100 comments about cradle robbing.
Akane and Yamada are 20 and 18, respectively. That's totally fine.
Also, these are fictional drawings of fictional characters. So, who cares? Fiction ≠ reality after all

Very this. If this show were about a first year and third year in HS we wouldn’t be having this conversation. People are just caught up on Yamada being in high school even though Akane is barely out of HS herself.
Apr 8, 2023 10:49 PM

Aug 2016
It's not that I disliked the pilot, but this was a significantly better episode. We're seeing the characters take steps to grow. The cliche of the boy giving the girl an umbrella works so much better here with how socially awkward the show has established Yamada to be (I really like how they've depicted that). Just seeing him try at all is so heartwarming.

Apr 8, 2023 11:08 PM
Aug 2022
Damn, it's pretty funny.
Apr 8, 2023 11:23 PM
Nov 2022
Based Yamada

In my personal opinion it was somewhat predictable but it's still entertaining so I'll say it's okay.
Apr 8, 2023 11:36 PM
Apr 2020
The ending was hilarious. Maybe she should've maxed out her defense if she didn't want to get hurt.
Apr 9, 2023 12:06 AM

Mar 2013
This episode was so adorable!
Yamada is finally getting some character development even a little bit as he invites her into the game again. Cute!
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Apr 9, 2023 12:51 AM

Jan 2021
ok it's not what i wanted
but is what i need it
i thought that this anime would be idk like something from another world
but instead i got a good looking of it and know what type of anime is
I don't have any problems with it, i like all anime genres so it's not a problem but now i know what i know about it

Apr 9, 2023 12:54 AM
Aug 2011
i really despise momo, she's pretty heartless
Apr 9, 2023 1:02 AM

Feb 2019
a drunk and peeved Momo is funny. she really wanna marry Yamada lol i wanna see her and him interact once she's sobered up a bit though. and that post-credit scene, i kinda had a feeling he was zonked out or just left her alone after he was forced to login lol
Apr 9, 2023 1:09 AM
Mar 2019
goood, we can say this is somewhat satisfying.
Apr 9, 2023 1:18 AM
Dec 2019
This was so strange yet funny to watch i liked it! XD
Apr 9, 2023 1:25 AM
Apr 2020
Feels like there's nothing to look forward to. Its just a fortunate guy who happens to meet a heartbroken woman.
Apr 9, 2023 2:45 AM

Jul 2014
Wholesome episode. We get to see a soft side of Yamada but definitely he needs to get a life, who tells people mid convo that he wants to catch up to a boss in a game lmao
Apr 9, 2023 3:25 AM

Jun 2015
Liked it, next eps pls
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Apr 9, 2023 3:27 AM

Oct 2011
Double drop rate from Boss Spawn is Yamada top priority
Apr 9, 2023 4:18 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Haha, that was an amusing episode! 

DIdn't realise he was a high school student though, that certainly makes thing more interesting, as far as I'm concerned. Man, the way he dropped that confession from his classmate though...

Looks like the two are starting to be more aware of each other, at least. Mom-chan and Yamada's interactions were hilarious but I can't imagine how it'd be the next they meet, lmao. 

Post-credit scene was hilarious. Poor dude's just out.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Apr 9, 2023 4:31 AM
Jan 2018
He’s 3rd year in high school so he should be graduating soon then then off to college
Apr 9, 2023 4:39 AM
Sep 2021
Thanks to yamada,akane is now undergoing a huge development and also they are now starting to softening up among themselves.
Apr 9, 2023 4:42 AM
Oct 2022
It's funny how Momo is thinking about getting married to Yamada. lmao
Apr 9, 2023 5:20 AM
Jan 2022
He did say he wanted to sleep initially though..
Apr 9, 2023 5:57 AM
Jul 2015
How is she playing games on a laptop with a wireless mouse and no cooler
Apr 9, 2023 6:37 AM

Jun 2016
this show is so so adorable and so many cute moments !!!

i really loved this show already !!
Apr 9, 2023 6:39 AM

Nov 2018
I'll keeping watching this anime because my sugar lvl increases by 10
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 20, 2023

122 by cotoplas »»
Jun 18, 1:35 PM

Poll: » Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 3, 2023

108 by japanese_god »»
Jun 16, 3:50 PM

Poll: » Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 29, 2023

152 by japanese_god »»
Jun 15, 4:21 PM

Poll: » Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 24, 2023

259 by KeepCalmAndMal »»
Jun 1, 12:25 AM

Poll: » Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ricky16 - Apr 1, 2023

280 by ISwearSheIs1000 »»
May 18, 5:00 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.