Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Apr 8, 2023 8:58 AM

Nov 2011
Not going to lie, Yamada is still rather amusing to watch in this show, mostly based on her chemistry with other characters.

We also got some Momoko this episode. It's taking me some time to find Akito enjoyable to watch since he's not as happy going as the others. But hey, maybe her relationship with Yamada can develop more. Oh and seems this anime still reminded us of the RPG game as part of the show. Hilarious ending. 
Apr 8, 2023 8:58 AM

Feb 2018
When Akane coincidentally met "Yamada" in the offline FOS event, she impulsively introduced Yamada as her boyfriend when she met her ex-boyfriend (with his new girlfriend). In the restaurant they entered to fix her mistake, Akane got drunk and was taken to Yamada's room. In the previous episode, I thought Akane was naked, lol.

Yamada explained the situation that happened back then. Yamada carried Akane to his house, it was pretty cute. Akane was thinking about how to repay Yamada's kindness. Yamada just wanted Akane to go home quickly. Akane seemed regretful because it was her first experience staying overnight in a guy's room.

When she arrived at home, Akane realized that something was missing. Akane tried to find the accessory (a necklace) and contacted Yamada whom she met in the FOS guild room. Lolihime, lol... Akane tried to contact Yamada but it seemed that Yamada was offline. Akane still couldn't move on from Takuma. It was a necklace given by her ex-boyfriend.

Akane confided in Lolihime about the necklace. Yamada logged in, but he didn't have free time because he had to hunt for drop items. It was about the guild's treasure. Yamada was really insensitive, lol. I don't know what else to do for Akane.

And yahhh... The necklace did fall in Yamada's room, but Yamada accidentally stepped on it. The necklace looked damaged. After the ad, it was a flashback of Takuma and Akane. Takuma gave a gift, but it was from Takuma's new girlfriend, lol... The gift was a farewell, it was really surprising.

Momo-chan is very kind, Momo-chan wants to talk about other handsome bois. Akane is still depressed about the necklace. Momo-chan really asked a forbidden question, lol... Momo-chan is still confused about Akane. Why does Akane still keep the necklace given by Takuma, even though they are no longer dating...

Passing by the mall, Akane saw Yamada seemingly talking to two high school girls. Akane thought that the girls were confessing their feelings to Yamada. Shockingly, it turned out that Yamada is still a high school student... and he's in his third year. Oooomagaaaa...

Yamada give the damaged necklace to Akane, and though she was shocked, she accepted it as it was. Then it started raining... Akane braved through the rain, but for some reason, Yamada chased after her and stopped her. He gave her an umbrella... What an amazing gentle boy Yamada is.

The two of them were in a really funny situation, with Momo-chan and Akane being interesting roommates. Momo-chan asked Akane to clean up the trash immediately, including the teddy bear. Akane returned the umbrella that Yamada had given her earlier. Momo-chan was really drunk and talked about Akane, lol... Momo-chan seemed to have fallen in love with Yamada, that warm hug.

What an amazing yakiniku party ending~
Apr 8, 2023 9:01 AM
Aug 2022
It's really funny watching her ringing bell too much when he's asleep at midnight just to return the umbrella.
We got to witness momoka-san drunk face🤣😂.
Yamada-kun gentlemanly side is nice.
Ricky16Apr 8, 2023 9:04 AM
Apr 8, 2023 9:31 AM

Apr 2010
An awkward morning for Akane she has some trouble with attachments to things tho and it was good of her friend to help her with that.
Yamada has his own problems but he means well and it seems he is thinking of Akane even if it was only near the ending of the anime, hopefully something will come out of it.
Also it seems all the morning meetings with Yamada involve drinking.
Apr 8, 2023 10:11 AM

Apr 2016
The guy is really lucky that he's attractive antisocial uncaring gamer with no friends and no interest in the outside world ... and not an ugly antisocial uncaring gamer with no friends and no interest in the outside world ...

... otherwise that morning surprise wake up would enact very, very differently. But hey, this is shoujo so. Will he beat her eventually too ?
Apr 8, 2023 10:26 AM

Apr 2014
Gladfully, Akane did not throw her teddy bear away. It did nothing wrong, it deserves to stay in Akane's room.
何それ?意味分かんない
Apr 8, 2023 10:28 AM

Jun 2019
Aww... another cute episode. Akane is adorable and Yamada is just so cold. Too much of a gamer. LOL. Momo is also a nice girl and seems fun. Yamada gave her a good advice about being selective which helped her moving on from the past.
Apr 8, 2023 10:41 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
The awkward place to find yourself after a night out drinking. At the very least at least nothing happened between them. Yamada though really needs to learn to be more mindful of the feelings of others. Still Akane sure went in hard for Takuma. Especially for apartments it's important to be selective at what you keep. I for one won't know what to say when two drunk college girls end up at my door either. Overall a pretty fun ep that did well to expand upon Akito's character while also intruducing new characters like Ruri. Looks like Akito's harsh lessons are starting to rub off Akane. Curious to see how both would change as they interact more.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 8, 2023 10:45 AM

Feb 2019
Another really good episode. Madhouse are doing an amazing job. Having not read the manga I didn’t know yamada was that young, my boy about to get him a college girl that’s fire lol. Ruri clearly still has a little getting over her ex to do though
Apr 8, 2023 10:54 AM

Apr 2021
Yamada looks so dead inside. The contrast to her personality is supposed to be humorous, but I don't really vibe with it. 

But the visual prensentation is very good and flows quite nice. Especially the transitions between scenes.
Apr 8, 2023 10:57 AM

Oct 2022
This episode was good and I don't know why but Yamada's game character is just funny to even look at.
Apr 8, 2023 11:05 AM

Jun 2021
Yamada and Akane's interaction are interesting. I'm loving Yamada's character so far. He might look cold on the outside but he can be thoughtful sometimes:)
Apr 8, 2023 11:07 AM
Jan 2021
Does no one else find it alarming that Yamada’s in HIGH SCHOOL??????? How old is Akane because if she’s significantly older this is going to get very weird and very red flag

edit: just learned they’re only 2 years apart lol thanks for clarifying everyone that did. i thought she was 25 or something
milktaewithsugaApr 8, 2023 7:45 PM
Apr 8, 2023 11:13 AM

Oct 2020
Yamada is a interesting charather to be honest, and an nice person.
Apr 8, 2023 11:15 AM
Aug 2017
milktaewithsuga said:
Does no one else find it alarming that Yamada’s in HIGH SCHOOL??????? How old is Akane because if she’s significantly older this is going to get very weird and very red flag
What's the problem exactly? He is in his final year of highschool and Akane is only in her second year of uni so their age gap is around 2 years. No big deal. Stop being a snow flake.
Apr 8, 2023 11:16 AM

Jul 2017
Akane finding herself in Yamada's house, drunk from her hangover, and thinking that's a one-night's stand, it couldn't possibly be that. It was a ruthless night spending a night at a stranger's house, and Akane loses more than just her clothing, the necklace given from Takuma, ridden at his place. Her guildmaster Rurihime is an angel, but the necklace is not found at his place, more than their item box being full of trash from Akane, Yamada sure threw some shade at her, and hard. To make matters worse, Akane's necklace broken by Yamada, what are the odds.

The post-relationship nightmares for Akane don't end, and Momo is getting disinterested in it fast enough to slander her best friend. Sure, Akane may have her relationship memories, but it's indeed Yamada being stopped by a high school girl confessing to him, not realizing that it's a confession and very fixated on his games. His other purpose: to return the broken necklace, and Akane might as well throw it away. But in the pouring rain, Yamada offers his umbrella to her for use...and then the day after, receives her items from home, too much to be thrown out. What is learnt in-game, applies in real life, and the late trip to Yamada's place to return him his umbrella...in the same drunken state, of course. But still, proper thanks is due where it's due, and Akane thanked him for the gratitude he's shown to her.

Baby steps, and slowly but surely, Yamada is opening up to human consciences.
Apr 8, 2023 11:17 AM
Sep 2020
milktaewithsuga said:

shes 2nd year in uni so they're only around 2 years apart
LechiangApr 8, 2023 12:17 PM
Apr 8, 2023 11:19 AM

Jan 2023
I enjoyed this episode a bit more than the last one. I love to see Akane moving on from her scum ex! Momo is my favorite character so far.
Aug 2017
Another funny and cute episode! 

Yamada is slowly coming out of his shell, trying to interact more. Despite seeming cold and uncaring, he does not want to hurt anyone. Frankly speaking, I think Akito and Akane are like..so realistically written and the simple fact that I can associate certain parts to things I went through irl just makes me get attach to it even more.

Also, people need to stop making it such a big deal that Yamada is still in highschool. Akane is only 2 years older than him (she's in her second year of university), it's no big deal. People need to stop being snow flakes and accept that age gaps do exist irl too. 2 years won't kill you.

Can't wait to see more of this chaotic duo next week!

Sep 2020
milktaewithsuga said:
2 year age gap which is perfectly fine and normal imo.
Apr 8, 2023 11:20 AM

Dec 2022
so yamada is a an weeb but there is games instead of anime i am pretty sure the targeted viewers are both gamers and weebs which description perfectly fits me
Apr 8, 2023 11:20 AM

Jan 2023
milktaewithsuga said:

She’s only 2 years older. This is a normal age gap.
Apr 8, 2023 11:23 AM
Jun 2019
Getting good vibes about this anime, the episode was great!
Apr 8, 2023 11:25 AM
Mar 2023
It was a cutesy episode.

Funny how Mono ends up thinking of marrying Yamada.
Apr 8, 2023 11:29 AM

May 2020
Why is it always socially inept guys getting such beauties, moreover a year or two older?? And people still say life isn't unfair.
Apr 8, 2023 11:39 AM
Oct 2016
Akane learning how to let go of things she cares about. Its an important step in moving on to let go of something we've been clinging to. A hard step for someone who's just been broken up with so harshly. Yamada did good bringing her back to his place after she had gotten plastered drunk. Akane freaking out when she woke up made me laugh, trying to piece the events of the night together. Forgetting her necklace was the only major blunder she made. Leading to a very nice conversation between Akane and the guild leader, who seems very sweet. Yamada sort of being thrown into their conversation after he realizes the guild shared storage is a mess again. Very funny seeing his cold demeanor used on Akane after she admitted to cluttering the storage. It was a nice thought to leave lower class equipment for newer members but Yamada brings up a good point of being more selective with the things we have. Akane mom suddenly shipping all her stuff from home doubles down on that idea very well. The game reflects her real life as Akane is forced to take a hard look at what she wants to keep and what she wants to let go of in her life.
Apr 8, 2023 11:41 AM

Aug 2013
The post-credit scene was so damn cute!!
Apr 8, 2023 11:43 AM

May 2015
Ouch. That was pretty harsh, but Akane too is objectively somewhat annoying. While Yamada could be nicer, this quality of his can potentially be very beneficial in the long run, because if he were to fall in love and date Akane, he will be super honest about everything.
Apr 8, 2023 11:46 AM

Jul 2020
I like the show so far, but woah was it a surprise to learn Yamada is in high school, he's super tall 

Apr 8, 2023 11:50 AM

Nov 2021
I really like how creative the direction in this show is, it makes it more fun to watch and separates it from other bare minimum rom-com adaptations. Also I did not expect Yamada to be in high school
Apr 8, 2023 11:58 AM
Mar 2021
I like the 3d transitions when Akane visited Yamada's apartment
Apr 8, 2023 12:11 PM
Feb 2023
AAAAAAAAA ITS SO CUTE!!!
Apr 8, 2023 12:22 PM

Oct 2018
Man, the OP is such a bop. Kept listening for like 8-9 times before watching the rest of the episode. Keeps on being good, feels very cozy being made by a small group of people I really like.
Apr 8, 2023 12:31 PM
Nov 2022
Am I only one who thought he was going to give her a new necklace since he accidentally stepped on her necklace and broke it?
Apr 8, 2023 12:58 PM

Nov 2013
Yamada's into 2D girls.
Apr 8, 2023 1:07 PM
Mar 2023
I like the opening and this chapter was great
Apr 8, 2023 1:14 PM
Jul 2022
Estou achando a animação ótima e os personagens divertidos. Comecei o mangá então já estou vendo de uma forma mais analítica. Até o momento não deixou a desejar.
Apr 8, 2023 1:27 PM
Aug 2018
Nice Nujabes sample.
Also flying bunny animation was really cute.
Apr 8, 2023 1:28 PM
Jul 2015
Akane is such a mess. I love it! And her friend is a funny drunk.
Apr 8, 2023 1:34 PM

Sep 2018
It's all just so adorable.

Quantum ille canis est in fenestra
Apr 8, 2023 1:45 PM

May 2017
the fact that Yamada is a highschooler threw me off a little, I didn't expect that. not sure how I feel about a college student sleeping in a hoghschooler's bed and having him take care of her in a drunken state... pretty cringe.

still a cute show that I'm enjoying so far
Apr 8, 2023 1:58 PM

Apr 2020
Goodness me! This Romance Anime is really having a great start, isn't it?
To make a non-romance fan like myself enjoy this show is really saying a lot to me.
Hope it can stay this good til the end.
-+=<(8)>=+- -+=<(8)>=+- -+=<(8)>=+- -+=<(8)>=+- -+=<(8)>=+- -+=<(8)>=+- -+=<(8)>=+-
Apr 8, 2023 2:07 PM
Dec 2017
VexingCurses said:
milktaewithsuga said:

She’s only 2 years older. This is a normal age gap.

I call bs. If this situation was reversed the score would be a 6 and there would be a 100 comments about cradle robbing.
Apr 8, 2023 2:30 PM

Jan 2012
Cute episode. Like almost everything in the show so far.
Apr 8, 2023 2:34 PM
Oct 2021
very pleasing to watch. love this art style
Apr 8, 2023 2:48 PM
Oct 2016
Not sure why she was going to keep the necklace from the boy who cheated on her...
Apr 8, 2023 2:50 PM
Aug 2020
The episode 2 was not bad
otakuweek on insta for News /recom etc

just have a look, you won't regret it...
Apr 8, 2023 2:53 PM

May 2013
Episode 2 was so cute. This show is definitely better than I was expecting. Looking forward to more. Small after credits scene was cute too, if you missed it.
Apr 8, 2023 2:59 PM

Mar 2014
"You have already kept me waiting 7 minutes and I can't wait any longer. A boss is coming, so I got no more time for your feelings."

Damn that was harsh but understandable on his case lol
"You can't spell slaughter without laughter".
Apr 8, 2023 3:15 PM
Apr 2021
Already better than Otonari no tenshi mid sama
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 20, 2023

122 by cotoplas »»
Jun 18, 1:35 PM

Poll: » Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 3, 2023

108 by japanese_god »»
Jun 16, 3:50 PM

Poll: » Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 29, 2023

152 by japanese_god »»
Jun 15, 4:21 PM

Poll: » Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 24, 2023

259 by KeepCalmAndMal »»
Jun 1, 12:25 AM

Poll: » Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ricky16 - Apr 1, 2023

280 by ISwearSheIs1000 »»
May 18, 5:00 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.