Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Mar 11, 2023 6:28 AM

Nov 2011
Knives and Vash has such a dynamic chemistry that it captured the magic of their personalities really well in these latest episodes. 

Kinda felt bad that Roberto got caught into this mess. We got more story lore about the human race. It feels like ths episode is setting up for the final two episodes this season. Not going to lie, I think the addition of the piano music made this episode sound more impactful.
Mar 11, 2023 8:33 AM

Jan 2009
damn Roberto died

and that doctor that experimented on Wolfwood and others just want to create evolve humans then eh but his methods are inhumane, for him Luidas method of vegetation takes a long long time and might become too late so his way is about forcing artificial evolution to humans

and as expected Vash wants coexistence with humans

Mar 11, 2023 9:18 AM

Oct 2021
Mannnn, that was insane. 2 more episodes to goo.

#RIPRoberto
Mar 11, 2023 9:20 AM

Oct 2022
Crucial episode in the lab, with Dr.Will backstory, a short but intense fight against an inhuman (RIP Robert) and the two brothers discussion: Will Vash be able to stop or persuading Knives from his destruction of the humanity?

Mar 11, 2023 9:22 AM

Jul 2017
The journey to the metropolis city JuLai to retrieve the stolen Plants from Millions Knives's usage to destroy the world, with the Worms only playing fiddle support, Meryl and Roberto struck gold to see what Nai's vision is truly like through the eyes of the professor Bill Conrad who created Wolfwood and Livio, giving them another chance at humanity. It's not until he met Nai that his visions can be realized, and through the clones of children that are neither human nor plant, only then the future of humanity can be saved. Obviously, Meryl and Roberto don't take kindly to this traction, and one such child (Elendira) got triggered so much so strike at them both.

The manufactured children, like Elendira, and both Meryl and Roberto fight for their lives awaiting Vash and Wolfwood's arrival in the nick of time...to have Roberto unfortunately struck down and awaiting his eventual death, which Meryl cannot accept. Worse still, people gain by killing others, and that's the way of the world with the twin brothers facing each other once again, continuing the feud of the ideal way to sve both Earth and aliens.

Vash, just forget about convincing your twin brother, he's fully Independent on his own. RIP Roberto though.
Mar 11, 2023 10:11 AM

Oct 2021
We got Merilyn Reference btw

[font="\"Proxima Nova Regular\", \"Helvetica Neue\", Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif"][/font]
Mar 11, 2023 10:19 AM

Sep 2018
I wasn't a fan of this at first, and I'm still not entirely sold on Vash's characterisation in this version, but the past few episodes have really been growing on me. The villains not being pure evil and actually having a pretty good motivation for their actions is especially appreciated. I can only hope they manage to wrap things up neatly in the next couple of episodes, though - certain plot threads, such as whatever the deal with Legato is, are still open with no sign of being closed.
Mar 11, 2023 10:22 AM
Oct 2016
Very sad to see Roberto die. He had grown on me as a new character in this world. A pessimist by heart but a good guy helping the group. A good mentor for Meryl to temper her more excitable nature. Which lead to them discovering some dark secrets about the experiments that have been conducted. The creation of all the Gung-ho Guns done as way to create a stronger specific of humanity for this new planet. Humans as they are need too many things this desolate planet cannot provide. Thus the experiments were done to try and create something new and stronger. Horrible how the people that doctor grabbed for this were treated, learning about everything he did as atonement. Wolfwood and Vash making their way to Knives again. Seeing the scars Vash has accumulated throughout his actions of trying to protect people hurt. He's sacrificed so much to make up for the guilt he feels regarding the ship crash. The lengths people will go and the paths they'll walk down for atonement is a big message here. Vash wants to redeem his brother until the end despite all the pain he's caused.
Mar 11, 2023 10:44 AM

Jun 2014
Damn, RIP Roberto. He may have seemed indifferent toward Meryl but you could tell deep down he did care about her. 

Vash is still not getting through to Knives. I can tell these final two episodes will be intense.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Mar 11, 2023 10:56 AM

May 2020
Wow Roberto really died. Thought he'll stick to the end like his counterpart in the original but guess that's just what they planned for him.

Anyways the way this episode went, feel like they're planning to conclude everything in the remaining two episodes.
Mar 11, 2023 11:01 AM
Feb 2023
JE n'etait pas pret toi aussi personne n'etait pret putain j'adore se que cet anime me fait ressentir vraiment j'ai hate de voir la conclusion
Mar 11, 2023 11:09 AM

Feb 2007
♫ Spider-Vash, Spider-Vash... ♫
Mar 11, 2023 11:15 AM
Jun 2021
android 18 lookin ahh. What will happen to Vash though
Mar 11, 2023 11:24 AM

Mar 2015
It's been an interesting episode, Robert De Niro is no more and vash is going into something probably a lot of flashbacks in the next episode
Mar 11, 2023 11:32 AM

Jan 2012
rip my boy roberto. i was lowkey starting to like his character even though he had sm death flags! meryl finally got her lil ass blicky tho. also this shot was insane, the match "cut" from the bounty of vash to his face to the establishing shot of july is so good:

ad stellas super alas angeli.

Mar 11, 2023 12:54 PM

Jun 2017
Vash got thrown into some weird soup, probably gonna have a bad time. lol
Mar 11, 2023 1:26 PM
May 2015
Rip Roberto, I was starting to like him too :(
Mar 11, 2023 1:31 PM
Mar 2023
Not my favorite episode, but still great.
Mar 11, 2023 1:59 PM

Dec 2016
About time Roberto died. Now it’s Meryl's turn to wear the pants and hopefully get a new sidekick (i.e. Milly). 
Mar 11, 2023 2:51 PM

Mar 2019
sssfullchain said:
rip my boy roberto. i was lowkey starting to like his character even though he had sm death flags! meryl finally got her lil ass blicky tho. also this shot was insane, the match "cut" from the bounty of vash to his face to the establishing shot of july is so good:

THE CAT!!! THERE SHE IS!

MarusaruMaiaMar 11, 2023 2:56 PM
Mar 11, 2023 3:20 PM

Jan 2012
MarusaruMaia said:
sssfullchain said:

THE CAT!!! THERE SHE IS!
OMG amazing catch!!! i've watched this clip over and over again and this is my first time noticing them 😭
ad stellas super alas angeli.

Mar 11, 2023 5:33 PM

Apr 2022
another brilliant piano scene. you could see it coming a mile away for some time now and he finally kicked the bucket, RIP my boy, roberto de niro.
i liked the little exchange between nicholas and elendira, the manufactured child. 
Mar 11, 2023 7:11 PM

Mar 2007
God damn, I legit teared up when Roberto handed Meryl Stryfe his "little" derringer and told her she's basically on her own. Gaaahhhh! She's gonna need a new partner and I'm going to miss him.

It's all grey areas now.
- Nicholas is just trying to save the other orphans.
- Nai wants to save the plant.
- Vash wants to save humanity (fat chance, he has no clue about human nature and its ability to destroy stuff, I mean, ... Earth ... for example)
- Worms view Plants as better than humans for their planet (True)
- Professor trying to atone ...

Is it possible for the story to conclude in 2 episodes?
Mar 11, 2023 7:16 PM

Oct 2022
Mar 11, 2023 7:53 PM
Jul 2021
Stormy_77 said:
God damn, I legit teared up when Roberto handed Meryl Stryfe his "little" derringer and told her she's basically on her own. Gaaahhhh! She's gonna need a new partner and I'm going to miss him.

It's all grey areas now.
- Vash wants to save humanity (fat chance, he has no clue about human nature and its ability to destroy stuff, I mean, ... Earth ... for example)

This is definitely just the first season, all of this would be considered the "prequel" for the Trigun anime and manga, since it all predates an extremely important event --

I was mostly just happy to see Conrad got more depth here compared to the manga. That was definitely a picture of 
with him, which means that this series might adapt more of the manga stuff, like  the
Mar 11, 2023 8:41 PM
Nov 2010
So knives fused with tesla's remains? When he threatened conrad he had one of her eyeballs on his hand

Where the hell is legato
Mar 12, 2023 1:55 AM

Feb 2010
The story is getting better and better, I can't believe the rating for this show is so low. OG Trigun cucks can't accept the phenomenal CGI and new story but I sure can.
Mar 12, 2023 1:58 AM

Jun 2012
Great ep again. Best action show of the last six months or so, maybe. So much better pacing than the 90s anime too.
"The f**ker who goes round beating people to a pulp. He thinks it'll never happen to himself. But there's gonna be a day when the f**ker gets f**king beaten to a pulp too. But that day's f**king today and the guy doing the beating is a f**king c**t." - Sang-hoon, Breathless (2009)
Mar 12, 2023 5:52 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
July's city looked absolutely stunning, though the story itself it's getting tense and tenser with all the experiments and how that modified girl ended up killing Roberto...RIP :( Now Knives and Vash confrontation is getting bad
Mar 12, 2023 6:18 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
lazy episode!

One point, he death in the elevator!!! kekeke
Mar 12, 2023 11:02 AM
Jan 2020
Man that was depressing. I see why it had to happen and I think it makes Meryl more of a character that we're familiar with: almost looks like it's an origin story for the Meryl of 98 Trigun to how she becomes the gun toting gal leading the way with Milly. I like her far more in Tristamp and that holds true this episode methinks, but I think good on Tristamp for making me care about Roberto to an extent that I'm pretty sad about it personally, I was iffy about it at first but I enjoyed his dynamic with her. I love the Knives/Vash dynamic and explanations here and the more in depth look at PLANTs, I like the mysteries too regarding Vash and on top of the Jenora Rock situation. I'm having a lot of fun with this anime and I'm kinda sad it's gonna be over in a couple weeks: I'm hoping that they don't clumsily try to tie up literally everything set up in only two episodes, but I haven't really felt the fallout of my fears just yet - I'm still having fun watching it and I don't think they're dealing with more than they can handle as of now (could change next episode - though I feel like I'll still enjoy watching it regardless). Best case scenario: They tie up what they should and what feels natural to finish here and save the rest, and perhaps some more work in a season two with Milly and Meryl and (as some theorised due to some interesting discrepancies we noticed off the bat lol) utilise this as a pseudo prequel. 

Also, shoutout, you can tell the background world building, combat, design and music had a lot of work in this show and it feels really obvious in this episode just looking at post apocalyptic chinatown and some of the tracks kicking in. Pretty iconic. Also we finally got a glimpse of the cat - thank god. 
Mar 12, 2023 1:12 PM

Jun 2019
RIP Roberto. You were taking care of Meryl till the last moment. It looks like Vash is going to lose himself and Nai is the one who's going to handle the job. I hope Meryl stays safe.
Mar 12, 2023 1:43 PM

Mar 2019
The acting in this show is so bad. I can't tell if it's the acting or that the animation doesn't really match the voice acting. It feels disconnected. That Meryl scene in the elevator... Phew, what a stinker.

I couldn't care less about Roberto dying. That scene felt totally flat.
Mar 12, 2023 5:34 PM
GetsugaTENSHO

Jul 2012
Can we get more shoutouts to Roberto De Niro plz?
張大です for 張大勇督察
Mar 12, 2023 5:35 PM
Jul 2021
raff-rafflesia said:
So knives fused with tesla's remains? When he threatened conrad he had one of her eyeballs on his hand

Where the hell is legato
hasn't been named yet in the show AFAIK, but that's interesting. Maybe Conrad tried to fuse the two of them together? That was definitely her in the picture, at least, so I'm glad they're bringing her up. 
Mar 12, 2023 6:44 PM

Apr 2007
can't wait for this sophist trash to be over

hope they don't make a s02
Mar 12, 2023 11:30 PM

Oct 2017
Wasn't expecting Roberto to actually die. Vash gonna get changed?
Mar 12, 2023 11:45 PM

Jul 2008
Damn it Vash talking to Knives for 150 years hasn't worked. Time to fight.
Mar 13, 2023 3:21 AM

Jul 2016
AntiMidian said:

Hope they make season 2 and 3 just to annoy you.
Mar 13, 2023 7:00 AM

Apr 2007
Vindicater said:
AntiMidian said:

Hope they make season 2 and 3 just to annoy you.
weak bait
try harder next time
Mar 13, 2023 10:07 AM
Nov 2017
I understand Vash wanting to talk to his brother, but after 150 years of trying, he's not going to give up on his plan now.

There's also Merly wanting revenge for Roberto's death, and I have a feeling the ending won't be a happy ending.
Mar 13, 2023 7:17 PM
Oct 2019
RIP Roberto De Niro 🙏

Vash and Knives, two side of a coin.
I really understand both of their perspective.
Mar 13, 2023 8:45 PM
Nov 2020
AMAZINGGGGGGGGGGGGG
Mar 13, 2023 10:22 PM

Mar 2007
MarusaruMaia said:
sssfullchain said:

THE CAT!!! THERE SHE IS!

OMG well spotted! Which episode originally had this cat? It looks so scared.

Mar 13, 2023 10:24 PM

Mar 2007
PraxisCat said:
Stormy_77 said:

It's all grey areas now.

This is definitely just the first season, all of this would be considered the "prequel" for the Trigun anime and manga, since it all predates an extremely important event --

I was mostly just happy to see Conrad got more depth here compared to the manga. That was definitely a picture of 
with him, which means that this series might adapt more of the manga stuff, like  the
 Argh, as a non manga reader I cannot click on those spoilers!
Mar 14, 2023 2:09 AM
EOussama

Dec 2016
Killing off Roberto is such a waste. Also, the man's rocking some awesome shoes.
That city looked like a Borderlands level.
Mar 14, 2023 7:46 AM
Jul 2019
Wish Legato was a prominent character in Stampede like he is in the manga & the OG anime. Basically just a background character this time around.
Mar 14, 2023 12:52 PM
Jul 2015
Im done catching up to latest EP not sleepy at all when you are watching good plots 😭😭😭 4am

Also roberto pity him tbh that blue girl always in red flags bcs her mouth and too fast in checking out stuff now he finally died

Also who tf has an idea to create plant knife and nails 🤣🤣🤣 end up they become machine murderer steel
Mar 14, 2023 7:54 PM
Feb 2019
as some one who never watched the original trigun iv been really enjoying this the first few eps are not very interesting imo any to be frank the main reason i countinued to watch was because of its breath taking cgi that i straight up cant tell if its cgi or anime at times but as we have seen more of the world and the mystery's around it iv slowly come to love it
Mar 14, 2023 9:13 PM

Jan 2022
After a pretty chill and a background of the main characters few episodes, we're directly back in the sad drama, WOHOO. Yeah maybe not, all those deaths and that ending, I was expecting a big fight but maybe not, what will Vash do and how will this wrap up (or unfold into), we will need to wait for the next 2 episodes. It's pretty epic nonetheless and I feel like choosing a good and bad guy camp isn't as straighforward as you may think, which is always a good sign of an interesting story in the making. Hype and epic.
I like everything, ok
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Trigun Stampede Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 25, 2023

209 by FedeMetal »»
Mar 8, 10:11 AM

Poll: » Trigun Stampede Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jan 21, 2023

154 by Riley_Hartis »»
Mar 6, 7:20 PM

Poll: » Trigun Stampede Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 14, 2023

126 by Riley_Hartis »»
Mar 6, 6:39 PM

Poll: » Trigun Stampede Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 7, 2023

407 by Riley_Hartis »»
Mar 6, 5:51 PM

Poll: » Trigun Stampede Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 18, 2023

64 by SouthRzVa »»
Mar 6, 11:09 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.