Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (10) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
May 7, 2022 10:20 AM

Jun 2015
rasterman7 said:
I don't care if this is a filler episode or not. The action sequences, the music, animation and Loidman made it great for me. Also, drunk Yor is menacing with those moves, better watch out Twilight for that and the bill.

I'll look up what song was being played during the stairs sequence later.

It's not really filler, it just had a lot of extra scenes, like the airplane, that made it very enjoyable and fresh
May 7, 2022 10:20 AM
Apr 2022
High key: Drunk Yor and Loidman need lots of fanart. Not necessarily together just in general
May 7, 2022 10:21 AM

May 2020
NazaSatoru said:
Homura24 said:
pretty good episode
anyas dead pan help mes are the best lmao
and yors just bae

Every time she said “help me” I died 😂

Ye same i was laughing so hard everytime she said it

May 7, 2022 10:21 AM
Oct 2016
This anime is too wholesome for its own good!

Also loved how they used alcohol so that Yor involved with the episode as well, best parents :')
May 7, 2022 10:22 AM
Aug 2021
Tbh this week kaguya sama set the bar too high that this episode was really disappointing and they wasted a whole episode on this castle scene even when I was reading the manga I was never impress with this castle chapter although after adding some anime original scene and because of smooth animation the anime is better than manga but because of original scenes this was slow and somewhat boring too.After watching kaguya sama episode I was so happy and thought ok now time to watch spy x family so that I can relax whole day but this episode definitely ruined my mood. This is easily the weakest episode of spy x family 2/5.
May 7, 2022 10:23 AM
Mar 2022
Omg beyond wholesome. I totally love how you see the range of emotions from everyone and Anya is just so cute at the end of the episode!

That very last scene was hilarious.
May 7, 2022 10:24 AM
Dec 2019
This episode was amazing! That was so cool and you can see how much the other agents respect Twilight. They are the best parents ever to make this happen.
May 7, 2022 10:29 AM

Apr 2018
Loid's the best dad you can get. Well, Anya got accepted and the mission can finally continue. Seeing Yor when she's drunk is quite funny.

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
May 7, 2022 10:31 AM
May 2021
persona 5 vibes for sure
May 7, 2022 10:32 AM
A sandwich

Jul 2020
Switch_Z said:
rasterman7 said:
I don't care if this is a filler episode or not. The action sequences, the music, animation and Loidman made it great for me. Also, drunk Yor is menacing with those moves, better watch out Twilight for that and the bill.

I'll look up what song was being played during the stairs sequence later.

It's not really filler, it just had a lot of extra scenes, like the airplane, that made it very enjoyable and fresh
Oh, cool then. I came to that conclusion after reading some of the comments in this forum.
⠓⠥⠍⠁⠝⠊⠞⠽ ⠞⠓⠗⠕⠥⠛⠓ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠎⠞⠥⠏⠊⠙⠊⠞⠽⠂ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠺⠊⠇⠇ ⠎⠅⠊⠏ ⠺⠁⠎⠓⠊⠝⠛ ⠞⠓⠑⠊⠗ ⠓⠁⠝⠙⠎ ⠁⠝⠙ ⠑⠝⠙ ⠥⠏ ⠗⠥⠊⠝⠊⠝⠛ ⠊
⠞ ⠋⠕⠗ ⠑⠧⠑⠗⠽⠕⠝⠑
⠎⠓⠊⠊⠅⠕ ⠁⠕⠎⠕⠊⠂ ⠼⠃⠼⠚⠼⠁⠼⠓
May 7, 2022 10:34 AM
Jan 2021
Love the anime-original scenes! 5/5
May 7, 2022 10:37 AM
Jul 2018
THESE EPISODES JUST KEEP GETTING BETTER AND BETTER BRUH
May 7, 2022 10:39 AM
Sep 2019
Over-the-moon-happy Anya, embarrased Loid, and drunk Yor – this episode was overwhelmingly cute.
Love how drunk Yor thanks Loid's colleagues and called him "husband". Made my heart melt.
I never expected that chapter to be that good when animated. Wit and Cloverworks did a great job for sure.
The OST was perfect as well.
May 7, 2022 10:44 AM

Jan 2021
I liked the episode a lot, drunk Yor was cute, and I really enjoyed the fight between her and Loid. However I felt like some of the animation in this episode is a bit lacklustre. A lot of the wide shots looked empty and awkward and the characters looked disproportionate and out of place. Which is very jarring against the otherwise beautifully animated scenes.

Still I had a fun time and it made me laugh, can't wait for the next episode
May 7, 2022 10:49 AM

Dec 2015
Possibly the best episode of any anime in at least the last couple years. Amazing.
May 7, 2022 10:55 AM
Feb 2022
Every episode has been straight fire in different ways. And this episode just topped all of them by combining the comedy, action, story, and of course Anya’s adorableness
May 7, 2022 10:56 AM

Dec 2012
Amazing episode haha and I'm getting Persona 5 vibes!

May 7, 2022 10:57 AM

Apr 2021
xXplushieXx said:
I liked the episode a lot, drunk Yor was cute, and I really enjoyed the fight between her and Loid. However I felt like some of the animation in this episode is a bit lacklustre. A lot of the wide shots looked empty and awkward and the characters looked disproportionate and out of place. Which is very jarring against the otherwise beautifully animated scenes.

Still I had a fun time and it made me laugh, can't wait for the next episode

Nothing of what you say said that looks bad really constitues as "animation."
May 7, 2022 10:58 AM

Mar 2016
Absolutely amazing episode. Really confirms to me that I genuinely love the anime more than the manga, and that this series functions better as the former IMHO. The anime original scenes made the whole Disneyland-esque play a lot more entertaining and bombastic than how it originally played out in the manga. The animation and direction during some parts like Loid running through the large rubber balls was fluid and superb. Love me some drunken fist Yor...my man nearly got his laifu ended by the waifu LUL.

Oooof that hefty 8k bill at the end made me crack up so much LMFAO.
RyuseishunMay 8, 2022 4:25 AM
May 7, 2022 10:59 AM
Apr 2021
only spyxfamily can make a 24 minute episode seem like 5 minutes. it was too good.
May 7, 2022 10:59 AM
Aug 2020
this is SOOOO many anime only scenes. this is incredible!!
May 7, 2022 11:03 AM

Nov 2014
Excellent episode as always wish they made yor breaking her heels more obvious cuz i had to watch it like 3 times to catch that even tho i read the manga i still thought she just slipped or something cuz the anime made it seem like she slipped 😭
ttcchenMay 8, 2022 1:20 AM
May 7, 2022 11:05 AM
Jul 2021
idk but loid lookin amazing in this ep
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Zokzon said:
Tbh this week kaguya sama set the bar too high that this episode was really disappointing and they wasted a whole episode on this castle scene even when I was reading the manga I was never impress with this castle chapter although after adding some anime original scene and because of smooth animation the anime is better than manga but because of original scenes this was slow and somewhat boring too.After watching kaguya sama episode I was so happy and thought ok now time to watch spy x family so that I can relax whole day but this episode definitely ruined my mood. This is easily the weakest episode of spy x family 2/5.

Agree. The previous episodes set the bar so high that I was confused throughout the episode as to why they were spending so much time on the castle scene. Having Yor going all out on Loid at the end was definitely a good payoff, but other than Anya getting accepted, nothing of much substance happened.

I hope it's back to its usual brilliance next episode.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Shalltear

Apr 2018
They really rented a plane and a whole castle just for a fake spy princess saving play with Anya, that was absolutely great.
And finally we're sure now that she passed and that she will attempt this school, it's perfect!
May 7, 2022 11:07 AM

Sep 2018
Well as a manga reader, I can say, anime-only contents in this episode are excellent. And for the first time, anime is indeed better than manga (just for this ep).
Outstanding animation, great soundtracks. Perfect episode!
5/5
May 7, 2022 11:07 AM

Sep 2020
Really fun episode! Just imagine how much money the government has to spend to set all this up lol.
May 7, 2022 11:08 AM

May 2018
Video taperecorder in a private house? Naaah.
Not to mention the professional ones were way bigger, this here looked more like an audio taperecorder.

Thinking about the episode - Loidman (I mean Twilight with a mask) looked surprisingly like anime Zorro.
May 7, 2022 11:12 AM

Jun 2012
loidman, tasukete~ lol
May 7, 2022 11:15 AM

May 2021
Anya's passed the exam and got her reward
Wholesome 10/10
May 7, 2022 11:15 AM
May 2020
kuroneko99 said:
boring. It seemed just a filler episode.

It was a kind of a filler. They just adapted one chapter but added a lot of stuff that didn’t happen there. In the manga was more casual. Like here was more wholesome but in the manga this chapter felt more comical
May 7, 2022 11:17 AM

Mar 2012
This episode was such a let down. Anya wanting it is understandable but the spies' organization putting in so many of their resources into fulfilling it is incredibly stupid.
May 7, 2022 11:23 AM
May 2020
Zokzon said:

Exactly, I feel like this adaptation is too slow, one chapter per episode its crazy, hope that they speed up in the next one(it seems that in the next one they are gonna adapt 7 and 8), I miss the comedy part that is in the manga. Nevertheless, next episode of kaguya will be so good because of the chapters that are next de Rap-arc

Nov 2018
THIS IS HOW YOU MAKE AN ANIME ADAPTATION.

Amazing work, amazing episode and the banger OST in the action sequence was crazy too. Yor vs Loid was so hype. ELEGANT!!!!

SEIBAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

May 2015
OHH nice waku-wak episode. Loidman FTW!
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
May 7, 2022 11:24 AM
May 2021
Great episode. Especially compared to the last 2 or 3. The show is clearly at its strongest when it focuses on the relationship between Anya and Loid.
May 7, 2022 11:25 AM
Mar 2021
is it me or this episode doesn't look that good compared to previous eps, animation wise.
May 7, 2022 11:30 AM

Apr 2022
almendrapaz said:
Zokzon said:

Exactly, I feel like this adaptation is too slow, one chapter per episode its crazy, hope that they speed up in the next one(it seems that in the next one they are gonna adapt 7 and 8), I miss the comedy part that is in the manga. Nevertheless, next episode of kaguya will be so good because of the chapters that are next de Rap-arc

don't care bout kaguya,u can discuss in kaguya forum
May 7, 2022 11:32 AM

Oct 2018
What an amazing episode. Thanks, Spy x Family, you truly deserve the high score you have right now. Seeing Saori playing a drunk character made my day.
If you're a fanboy, please don't waste my time.

Watch more movies, please.

Kafka, Fu Xuan, Jingliu, Topaz and Huohuo.
May 7, 2022 11:32 AM

Nov 2016
I love what they do with this adaptation. It's far from my favorite series, but a damn fun watch all the way.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

May 7, 2022 11:33 AM
Jun 2021
Still can't get over how Yor just dropped asleep during the fight with the music fight fading out, it made me cackle like a witch, good filler episode overall.
IRUZZMay 7, 2022 11:41 AM
May 7, 2022 11:33 AM

Apr 2022
It's really great when the studios give it all
yor really badass
can't wait for Damian and Becky!
May 7, 2022 11:38 AM
Oct 2021
can someone tell me about the last code that loid report to the hq?
May 7, 2022 11:41 AM

Nov 2017
Very fun this episode!
May 7, 2022 11:44 AM
Aug 2020
That one (K)NoW_NAME track with lyrics near the end was really good, OST in general has been so good but not too surprising considering (K)NoW_NAME also did Dorohedoro's OST and that was amazing
May 7, 2022 11:45 AM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
Man I super loved this one, some excellent animation as Loid fought through his fellow spies disguised as goons, the entire thing was so fun and I loved all the Anya moments, as well as drunk Yor, the fact she can still fight like that drunk is amazing, I’d say I want her to kick me like that but it’d probably kill me lol (worth it tho), but of course she conked out after her heel broke which was hilarious, and Loid blushing a lot of the time was sweet.

And it looks like next week it’s time for Anya to go to school, I’m very excited to see that, and also the ost in this episode was very good, if I’m not mistaken that would be (K)NoW_NAME right? Loved them ever since Fairy Gone, and they’re awesome to hear here.

And also love to hear there was a lot of anime original stuff added for this, that’s love right there.
May 7, 2022 11:46 AM
Jul 2018
Hmm filler ep i see, for comedy and wholsomeness sake ocf... I'm agree they wasted 24 minutes in this ep just for that simple reason and even the direction is meh if compared to the prev ep. Nothing progress happened. Maybe i set too much expectations for this anime.

But if i look this as SoL enjoyer, that was some fun ep !!
May 7, 2022 11:46 AM
Jul 2021
Good episode it was wholesome seeing Loid and Anya hanging out together also drunk Yor is the best.
May 7, 2022 11:47 AM

Mar 2016
This show has no right being this good, Yor in this episode is a vibe
May 7, 2022 11:49 AM
Sep 2021
the episode was fun the entire time, enough said
Pages (10) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Spy x Family Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 25, 2022

492 by Mirorin »»
Jun 15, 8:15 PM

Poll: » Spy x Family Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 18, 2022

233 by Mirorin »»
Jun 15, 8:00 PM

Poll: » Spy x Family Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 16, 2022

442 by AlxiBoua »»
May 5, 9:07 PM

Poll: » Spy x Family Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 11, 2022

321 by Suwawako_ »»
May 3, 4:07 PM

Poll: » Spy x Family Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 30, 2022

402 by Fenc »»
Apr 24, 11:13 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.