Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Puella Magi Madoka Magica
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 »
Mar 15, 2016 1:26 PM

Sep 2011
Wow, i don't know what to say.

So sad.
Apr 27, 2016 11:31 AM
Feb 2016
IIm_Clutch said:
steepholm said:

Far from it. But it's very believable for that character, which is the important thing. Sayaka's a very all-or-nothing, black-or-white person.

Maybe I think its stupid because I actually agree with kyuube about the soul gem.

No, I think you just don't like black-and-white-morality people like Sayaka. I don't think you'd like Kyūbē if he managed to sell you a used car...
Apr 27, 2016 11:32 AM
Feb 2016
ViniSD said:

So sad.

Indeed. My heart sank to new lows after I watched this episode.
May 1, 2016 6:44 PM

Feb 2014
Very sad episode. Poor Sayaka and Kyōsuke.
Cartoons and anime is my reality.
Jul 24, 2016 8:51 PM
Feb 2016
Quite the disturbing series
Aug 1, 2016 11:57 AM

Dec 2011
Sayaka is getting more and more broken. She was too naive, and now she can't face the bitter truth.
Aug 26, 2016 5:37 PM
Mar 2016
wow.......not only does Kyubey live up to his reputation as an evil soul sucking bunny cat but jesus! sayaka's character really went southward here! she just totally lost it by the end .
Sep 14, 2016 2:48 AM

Jul 2016
HOLD IT!! Did Sayaka address and burn an underrated Urobutcher, The Food-whenever-wherever-there-is-exposition-or-stuff-like-that-trope? I don't think many people get it, but in some Gen's work, you can see FOOD in almost ANY scene. In fact, how DID Sakura get that bag of apples in the first place. Ever since she made an appearance, she was caught eating food, whatever it was. And for a character to address that, is pretty mind-blowing. It's like a girl in a harem anime addressing the 'Perceived Pervert' trope and making fun of it.
ONWARDS! Away from homework and on to more anime!!!
Oct 7, 2016 2:37 PM

Jun 2016
Wow, this episode was sure deep.
I feel so sorry for Sayaka and the scenes where her disappointmentregarding her sacrifice for the boy she loves were awesome!
Oct 8, 2016 3:18 PM
Apr 2014
holy ... that end. The first episodes were kinda boring. Sure that early death was a bit unexpected (sadly I knew someone would die. Just couldn't remember who but with that knowledge the episode just gave it away) but it was actually too early to be moving in any way.

The last two episodes though. Especially this one. Hitomi just telling her friend she doesn't give a fuck if Sayaka doesn't make a move. And Sayaka definitely lost it after that. If that final scene was any indication she doesn't care about anything anymore. That was insane in a weird way. Depending on how the next episode goes I might actually love this outcome.
Mar 1, 2017 1:52 AM

Dec 2016
Wow Sayaka has completely lost the plot.

Hurry up and become a magical girl already Madoka.
Mar 20, 2017 12:52 PM
Aug 2016
The episode was great and all but... Was Kyouko chewing a popsicle? That really bothered me. You dont chew a popsicle!
Mar 25, 2017 3:40 PM

Apr 2014
This is so captivating! Thought Sayaka was a goner there, but oh well time will tell.
Madoka isn't in a hurry to become a magical girl..
Mar 26, 2017 9:33 PM

Feb 2017
Now that I understand Kyoko's story, I find her a lot less irritating. I think she might even become one of my favorite characters in this show.

"ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʜᴏsᴇ ᴡʜᴏ ᴡᴇʀᴇ sᴇᴇɴ ᴅᴀɴᴄɪɴɢ ᴡᴇʀᴇ ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜᴛ ᴛᴏ ʙᴇ ɪɴsᴀɴᴇ ʙʏ ᴛʜᴏsᴇ ᴡʜᴏ ᴄᴏᴜʟᴅ ɴᴏᴛ ʜᴇᴀʀ ᴛʜᴇ ᴍᴜsɪᴄ."

Apr 14, 2017 7:43 AM

Dec 2016
Damn this shit is getting crazy, also I called it that Kyousuke would get with a girl other than Sayaka as soon as he was healthy. lolololololololol
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Jun 15, 2017 10:20 PM

Nov 2011
Well, Sayuka is officially losing her sanity. She still seems to be trying to do the right thing, but at the same time she's starting to not care about things she should-- such as her own safety. I hope she doesn't abandon her morals.

Sakura's character makes more sense now, but I still completely disagree with what she's doing.
Sep 20, 2017 5:04 AM

Jun 2016
Behind Kyubey's adorable facade is a savage bean. Yeah, bean. Lmfao.

We get to know more about Sakura and how she became a magical girl, and what's her wish for: for her father. But that wish destroyed their family.

Hitomi likes Kamijou, too, and Sayaka is now depressed for she thinks she can't let him touch her dead body. Goddamnit, maan. Not a zombie, Sayaka-chan.

"Maybe he's trying to take a shit, but the shit just won't come out."
Captain Levi, 2014
(/^-^)/☆♪♪☆\(^0^\)
Dec 9, 2017 9:17 AM
May 2012
5 episodes left, and so far Madoka has done nothing but cry.
Also, just fucking confess. Why do you have to make things so complicated. So what if you are a fucking zombie -.-
Dec 14, 2017 12:42 PM

May 2013
Lol at what Sayaka was crying about. You can't love him, hold him, or kiss him with that body? Why not??? It's not like you're a transparent ghost lmao. Do you think it's tainted or something? Because it's a "zombie" body. Because if you think about it, then Kamijou's body is tainted too. His hands were never supposed to recover, but they did with magic... magic that required sacrificing a normal girl's life to obtain results, so that should be "tainted" too if she's thinking that way :3

I think it's fine. You love him, you gave up a lot for him, you have a right to chase after what or who you want. After all, you're technically fighting for him since that was what you agreed to do in exchange for that wish. Just go for it. It's not the end of the world unless you're dead.
Jan 21, 2018 1:44 PM
Nov 2017
I like the progress Sayaka is going through and hot girl's backstory.

Just waiting for Madoka.
Feb 20, 2018 6:00 AM
Aug 2017
I never really understood this: Why can't Sayaka be with the boy she likes (Kyosuke Kamijou?) or at least be friends with him? Does being a magical girl or for that matter, a zombie really affect her interpersonal relationships or sth? Uh..like being a magical girl and fighting witches could just be seen as something like a hobby which doesn't really affect who she loves or meets right?

Can anyone please tell me why Sayaka can't be with Kyosuke? And honestly, even if Kyosuke knew she was a "zombie", she still appears to others as a normal girl/person...???
Mar 16, 2018 11:17 PM
Dec 2017
You can pinpoint the exact moment Sayaka died inside.
Mar 24, 2018 10:39 PM
Dec 2017
You know, to be honest, I never liked Sayaka. I thought her character was too naive, signing the magical contract and giving up her one wish for a boy. But now that's changed, I feel she gonna snap soon. DO WHAT MUST BE DONE SAYAKA.... KILL THEM ALL!!! LOLOLOLOL ^_^
Oct 14, 2018 2:51 AM

Aug 2017
After the revelation from the last episode, I feel sad for Sayaka. She didn't want this. In the end, she just went crazy.

Hitomi has feelings for Kyousuke but Sayaka feel that can't love him in that state.

In the other side, we have Kyouko backstory and the consequences that may cause a wish.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Nov 7, 2018 6:39 AM
Apr 2017
It was so depressing and scary... But how come I liked it...?
Feb 15, 2019 9:07 AM
Apr 2016
Damn, Sayaka is slowly going insane...magical girls are cursed, it's a curse basically...
Aug 20, 2019 10:13 PM

Nov 2017
Damn Sayaka's an edgelord now... hoes mad...

Nov 18, 2019 11:18 PM

Aug 2018
Good episode.....
Jan 5, 2020 2:39 PM

Mar 2018
The guy hasn't even been back a day and now suddenly Hitomi is in love? Or has she kept it a secret all this time? wth
Jan 16, 2020 2:56 PM

May 2011
Kyouko has definitely grown on me after this episode. Also, watching Sayaka cry her broken, soulless heart out to Madoka was probably the saddest thing I've witnessed so far this year. Maaaaaaaaaaaaaan.
Feb 1, 2020 8:37 PM

Jul 2016
Ok, Sayaka has lost it! Now, I'm pretty sure she will die by acting careless due to her "not feeling pain anymore".

Another nice episode although truth be told, Hitomi saying she has always had feeling for Kyousuke came really out of nowhere. I was expecting Sayaka's mental state to crumble at some point but I was expecting something better than a mere love rival to drive her into total despair.

On the other hand, knowing about Kyouko's past was nice. Good characterization and it made her actions and behaviour more understandable. I don't find her that bratty now.
Apr 23, 2020 6:15 AM

May 2016

So sad.
Apr 23, 2020 6:16 AM

May 2016
Ok, Sayaka has lost it! Now, I'm pretty sure she will die by acting careless due to her "not feeling pain anymore".

Another nice episode although truth be told, Hitomi saying she has always had feeling for Kyousuke came really out of nowhere. I was expecting Sayaka's mental state to crumble at some point but I was expecting something better than a mere love rival to drive her into total despair.

On the other hand, knowing about Kyouko's past was nice. Good characterization and it made her actions and behaviour more understandable. I don't find her that bratty now.
May 1, 2020 1:51 PM
Feb 2016
The fact that she went nuts because her friend started dating the guy proves that she only healed him for her own selfish reasons and she's refusing to go the full mile because it will expose her nonsensical moral system. Madoka will probably become a magic girl after sayaka has died from her crazyness. Can't wait!
May 20, 2020 9:14 PM

May 2019
Japonya'da kızlar teklif ediyormuş.
May 21, 2020 11:06 AM
Jul 2018
This episode was emotional.. why are such little girls being put in such situations :(

Absolutely enjoyed the conversation between Sayaka and Sakura.. they both have such contrasting point of views and are stubborn. Felt really bad about Sakura's father.. but Sayaka's conclusion only makes me feel like she will see a greater heart-break.

Poor Sayaka.. I felt overwhelmed when she goes mad during her battle.

I love Homura a lot though, so much clarity of mind and maturity...!!

The scene where Hitomi straight-up confronts Sayaka and gave her the deadlines in a very lawyer-like fashion reminded me of Araburu Kisetsu.. maybe my memory is really poor but ..:D ..the way these anime girls do it, scary!
Jul 6, 2020 2:55 PM

Nov 2017
what the hell is Madoka even doing lol I suddenly realized she hasn't done shit for the past 7 episodes. Everything resolves around the other characters at the moment, even though she is the main character. She's only been there confused and emotional and trying to figure out her life. When is the character development going to come, when is she gonna do more than being a support and crying with others

but oh man that ED keeps giving me goosebumps.

now I've also started to like Kyouko, besides her speeches, Homura's and Kyuubey's have always been so truthful and straight forward, love it.

plz @ me
Nov 15, 2020 1:15 AM

Apr 2020
Sayaka being aggressive! and it looks like Kyouko's character has changed a little
Feb 11, 2021 12:51 PM

Jan 2019
Damn Kyubey just out here messing up middle school girls real bad. The emotional trauma our cast is going through feels so real, even if its source is fantasy.

And I had a hunch Kyouko's past involved food. Now that her backstory has been revealed, will she be the next to go?
Feb 14, 2021 1:42 PM
Waifu Inspector

Sep 2019
Sayaka’s gone mad. And Kyubey proves he has no morals. I guess morals don’t need to mean anything to a spirit or whatever he is. Kyouko has a sad backstory.
Feb 16, 2021 3:20 AM

Feb 2020
i'm really starting to like kyoko now

kyubey.... u really just saying that like it's nothing lol

feel really bad for sayaka but i like how straightforward hitomi is - still thinking about herself and her friends in this situation

i find it so cute how kyoko always has food in every scene where she isn't a magic girl lol
May 2, 2021 2:17 AM
Mar 2018
2 min in and sayaka has proven herself undoubtedly to be worst girl by far. jesus the bitching has to stop man
May 16, 2021 2:04 AM

Mar 2020
Nothing makes any sense
Apple-girl wishes for her father to be heard by everyone. Ok whatever. But how the hell did her dad figure out that people hear him not because of what he has to say but because of magical girl powers?
Even so, how does that make anyone want to kill themselves and their family. A realistic preacher would probably see it as a sign of his god and continue.
Then that other girl (whose haircolour reminds me of babypoop, I hate that shade of green) says she oh so values the friendship between her and Sayaka but in the next sentences not only ruins their friendship but also takes away Sayakas love interest. What a great friend indeed.
I gave this anime another chance after I found the first 3 episodes to be horrible but I guess it's finally time to give it up
Jun 20, 2021 2:40 AM

Jul 2020
Even though the Anime is from Madoka's point of view it doesn't feel like she's the protagonist.To me,Sayaka's the real protagonist of the show.
OH my god!!Madoka's stupidity is next level.She already witnessed if she wishes for "someone else" she would regret it very much just like how Sayaka regret it but she still wants to wish for "someone else".Jeez why can't she use her brains???

Scordolo's Recent Reviews
To your eternity
Vanitas no Karte
Jul 18, 2021 2:52 PM

Apr 2018
Sayaku became a crazy bitch in the end.

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Nov 4, 2021 4:58 AM

Jul 2016
damnnnnnn, this is getting better and better since episode 6, okay okay. sayaka preached (fitting to have said it in kyouko's ky- church) that she doesn't make regrets, that she doesn't regret healing kamijo, that she won't hold a grudge against kyouko or anyone. but what does she have thoughts of right after hitomi tells her that she also likes kamijo? "i shouldn't have became a magical girl and saved hitomi..." even if those aren't completely her true feelings, that was her subconscious speaking freely. a part of her definitely believes in that. in fact, this whole event triggered her to go rambo and 'detach' herself from pain. which makes me wonder, exactly how high is the pain threshold for the false body for her to be able to do this feat only a short while of actually being a magical girl? that was incredibly fast. i was thinking it would only be for those who are seasoned and long accustomed to fighting witches. this is sayaka's mistake isn't it. and madoka will be forced to make a mistake for sayaka too, by sealing the contract. well. all in all, this is quite the shitty situation we got (crap) on our hands. (oh wow, i made a pun?) forgot to mention how convenient hitomi's crush came about. oh yeah, guy has been in the hospital for a long time after an accident. you'd assume that with all of sayaka's visits, hitomi would have popped up here or there at least once. how much does she like him if she didn't visit him during his rehabilitation treatment? then the very day he comes back to school, she drops a bomb with a ticking time limit of one full day to confess to him first before she does like she's some kind of virtuous saint maria. the fvck? her pantsu couldn't wait? hitomi probably heard him limping on his crutches a mile away and salivated.
Dec 30, 2021 12:48 AM
Jul 2018
A dark part of me is starting to relate more and more to Kyouko... and I'm not sure that's a good thing. lmao
Glad we got to see more of her backstory!
Jan 6, 2022 11:32 AM

Dec 2012
Kyubey's words.
Sayaka not in class.
Homura knew.
Kyoko outside.
Don't waste food.
Her dads church.
Killed the whole family.
Kyosuke with a crutch.
Oh shit! Hitomi's been in love with Kyosuke.
Sayaka cries.
Kyoko and Homura.
Kyoko saves Sayaka.
Dat neck slice.
Dat ending.

Watch date: 5/2020
RobJan 6, 2022 12:09 PM
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Mar 17, 2022 1:06 PM
Aug 2021
Am I missing something? I don't understand why sayaka has a problem with her soul being in a gem. Sayaka never even knew about the concept of soul. It doesn't really change anything at all. Its for the better because it takes pain away and makes healing possible. Its just that she must not let the gem stone be too distant from her. Its kind if weird that kyubei didn't tell this because if someone were to go on a bus trip and forget their gemstone at home, they'd die. Also what happens to the soul in the gem stone after a body is destroyed? I wonder.
Kot_SchlyopaMar 17, 2022 10:37 PM
Mar 20, 2022 11:26 PM
Nov 2019
Kot_Schlyopa said:
Am I missing something? I don't understand why sayaka has a problem with her soul being in a gem. Sayaka never even knew about the concept of soul. It doesn't really change anything at all. Its for the better because it takes pain away and makes healing possible. Its just that she must not let the gem stone be too distant from her. Its kind if weird that kyubei didn't tell this because if someone were to go on a bus trip and forget their gemstone at home, they'd die. Also what happens to the soul in the gem stone after a body is destroyed? I wonder.

Damn you sound like kyubey lol.

I think it's what she values as a magical girl that her reaction is more skeptical than kyoko or homura, she has always seen this magical girl system as a way to be hero so when kyubey revealed about the concept of soul gem it didn't line up with the values of what she considers magical girl should be, and it was not even mentioned plus she is a 14 year old kid.

For example it's like you get a pig heart for heart transplant without knowing and your body doesn't have any problems until someone reveals the truth you start to feel disheartened and disgusted to have done something like that by someone you trust.
Pages (9) « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 »

More topics from this board

» Why do people like Madoka so much?

Thingoln - Jun 24, 2021

45 by Yuissi »»
12 hours ago

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

stevewiess01 - Jan 6, 2011

477 by Aubreys_Rage143 »»
Sep 18, 10:29 AM

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

stevewiess01 - Feb 24, 2011

632 by SUPER_CANNES »»
Sep 8, 9:21 AM

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Apr 21, 2011

1550 by Actomino »»
Aug 26, 11:55 AM

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

stevewiess01 - Jan 20, 2011

711 by Jeferzon »»
Aug 23, 7:02 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.