Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Oct 22, 2021 11:17 AM

Mar 2016
Already hate Saki.

Mirai's goals are also very weak. Like, unbelievably weak.

How come no one is making fun of those weird cosplay? People laugh at what they don't think is normal, and based on everybody's clothing, those cosplay suits are not normal.
Oct 22, 2021 11:37 AM

Feb 2012
Well, the act natural plan failed. Saki hit him with the red arrow instead. It definitely works if he skipped his first day of school for her.

8:51 "The new God should be a chosen after an impartial discussion." i.e. so the process of choosing a new god isn't necessarily a death game. Metropoliman's plan is to turn it into one and have him be the victor by killing all the other god candidates. Noticing that the text for the rules are showing up like in Death Note.

15:14 They really skipped over a month of him serving Saki under the influence of the arrow lmao. Though he was already in love with her, the arrow made him obedient and honest about his feelings.

22:11 Metropoliman's not activating his wings. Rather he's activating them inside his suit to use them as a shield against the red arrow rather than to fly, is that right?

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Oct 22, 2021 11:46 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Having your crush be a fellow candidate though must be a tough blow. Not exactly the optimal way of being invited to a girls house though. Still his wings allow Mirai to do things that most guys his age can only dream off. Of all the candidates Metropoliman has to be the most dangerous. But at the same time its curious that the angels too have their own designs as well. It was amusing though seeing Reval's plan fall apart thanks to Nasse's arrival. Makes sense that all the candidates will be living in japan though. The meeting though turned out to be pretty surprising events wise though i have a feeling that next ep's gotta be bloody. Overall an decent ep that served to not only introduce a new ally to Mirai in the form of Saki and her assigned angel Reval but also expand upon Metropoliman who looks to be the series primary villain. Given how grim Mirai was initially meeting Saki here really served to give more depth to him as now he has a clear reason to fight.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 22, 2021 2:33 PM

Feb 2014
The level of how much Mirai had feelings for Saki was so high that getting hit by the red arrow did very very little to him. Never underestimate the power of one's romance! XD

Either way, Revel was an interesting angel for Saki, whose plans got foiled when Nasse eventually turned up and put him on the spot. It also makes me wonder what went wrong in Saki's own life that she became a god candidate, so maybe the show will touch onto that soon.

It'll be interesting to see how Metropoliman's gamble will play out in the next episode with the appearance of two more candidates arriving with the intent of attacking. Overall, a pretty decent episode. =)
Oct 22, 2021 2:40 PM

Feb 2018
After episode 2, I talked to a friend how Mirai needed a real purpose to grow a pair a become more active in the story... and they delivered just that in half an episode, now he has more agency and the series is better for it.

Now on the other side, I hope they do more with the girl, so far she is just a cardboard character
Oct 22, 2021 5:45 PM

Mar 2020
This anime is turning out to be a big disappointment. I can't believe that the same guy who wrote a masterpiece (Death Note) also wrote a trash like this. I really hope it gets better.
Oct 22, 2021 8:27 PM

Dec 2020
lets GOOOO we have friends now thank god. and they're fun characters too, new angel seems to be a kind of sassy type and saki is a cute kind girl :D would've died if we spent 26 episodes only with nasse and mirai as a duo

red arrows cant pierce through metrapoliman WWWHAT
Oct 22, 2021 9:36 PM

Sep 2020
As of now this might be my favourite episode. 5/5
Oct 22, 2021 9:47 PM

Oct 2020
Ehh still not really sure how I'm feeling about this show. I hope we continue to see more of Revel, as him and Metropoliman are the only characters I'm interested in so far. Mirai feels really flat and one note, Saki had no presence or personality this episode, hopefully next episode we see more from her that makes her more of a character. And I really dislike how many times they've pulled the "oh oops! Nasse forgot to tell our main character this important detail about his situation!" it just feels like bad writing and it makes Nasse seem incompetent and annoying.

Overall this was a slow ep, but i'm excited to see where next weeks episode goes. Hopefully it picks up some steam.

ᴅᴏ ʏᴏᴜ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴀɴʏ sᴇʀɪᴏᴜs ᴘʀᴏʙʟᴇᴍs? ᴛʜᴇɴ ᴍᴀʏʙᴇ ᴡᴇ ᴄᴏᴜʟᴅ ʜᴇʟᴘ ʏᴏᴜ… ʜᴇʜᴇʜ.

ɪ’ᴍ ᴛʀᴜʟʏ ʜᴏɴᴏʀᴇᴅ ʏᴏᴜ ᴄᴀʟʟᴇᴅ ғᴏʀ ᴜs. ᴡᴇ ᴄᴀɴ ᴍᴀᴋᴇ ᴀʟʟ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴡɪsʜᴇs ᴄᴏᴍᴇ ᴛʀᴜᴇ.
🅢🅞🅤🅡🅒🅔
Oct 22, 2021 11:34 PM

Oct 2008
something tells me that Saki is lacking emotions!?!? hmmm...or maybe that's one of the factors why Revel chose her...hmmmm...
4/5

Oct 23, 2021 12:41 AM

Apr 2021
Don't know why, but I am hating both Mirai and saki

Fall 2022 is the most Unforgettable anime season of all time

Oct 23, 2021 2:12 AM

Sep 2020
I wonder if the person in the suit isn't Metropoliman but actually like his angel since I mean Angels can't hurt God's Candidates so wouldn't that also work the other way around? Just a thought . Cool episode though
Oct 23, 2021 5:31 AM

Apr 2014
It was a good ep aside from Mirai being shot by Saki's red arrow which looked really stupid. Anyways, since Sakura TV is also here, that means that this is technically the same universe as Death Note and Bakuman, lol.
Oct 23, 2021 5:43 AM
Oct 2019
lmao new god candidate only on Japan? of course...

Mirai is stupid decided go to the stadium and also bring Saki as well?
this is suicide mission. lol

Oh man that cliffhanger... waiting for another week again.
Oct 23, 2021 7:15 AM
Aug 2021
I really enjoy it I think this has a lot of potential so I’m looking forward to how it’s going to turn out.
Oct 23, 2021 7:38 AM

May 2021
If saki has angel it means that she also wanted to die?
Oct 23, 2021 8:33 AM

Sep 2021
U know i didnt read manga but according to average ratings even in Russian forums the adaptaption's kinda nice. I keep hope of thats because people waited something other from DN authors and it'll be good till the end
Oct 23, 2021 12:38 PM
Jul 2015
Generic setting and plot, stiff and clunky execution. Mediocre at best.

But it's one of those shows that get the magic shounen bonus (meaning it's worth a solid 4 to 5, but gets a 7,5+ on MAL).
Oct 23, 2021 12:41 PM

Jul 2021
Favorite episode so far. We're not there yet, but it's getting more and more intriguing.
Oct 23, 2021 3:41 PM

Aug 2010
Pretty surprised we got some comedic scene this episode. Anyways, Saki revealed as a God candidate too, and she looks even more disinterested in life compared to Mirai. Curious to see her background story.
Oct 23, 2021 4:36 PM

Feb 2021
I felt like this ep was kinda rushed along with the first ep. It’s like they forced the romance into the ep and then kept it as short as possible. They should have elongated it more to make their relationship more impactful (unless it ain’t important but I’m assuming it does)
Oct 23, 2021 4:38 PM

Jun 2021
Not a bad episode, but I seriously hope they don't keep adding more rules. On a good note, at least they are smart enough to end the episode on a suspenseful note.
Oct 23, 2021 4:39 PM

Feb 2021
The cgi is pretty frustrating as well considering how some scenes are pretty smooth especially the flying. They should’ve made the metropolitan 2D.
Oct 23, 2021 5:31 PM

Jul 2019
The man was madly in love all this time, lmao. I don't understand the tone of this damn anime anymore.

First, it was serious and edgy, and now it's light hearted rom-com?!

Goofy job.

-[ ~♫~ ll Credit ]-
Oct 23, 2021 6:39 PM
Apr 2021
The fact that every single God candidate in the entire world is Japanese is lame. Seeing international forces duke it out for ultimate power would have been a thousand times more interesting than what we got.
Oct 23, 2021 6:45 PM

Aug 2018
So far this anime is just tonally all over the place, while I prefer this the massive amounts of edge in the first two episodes I'd prefer it even more if it just stayed with a constant tone.
_______I like rocks__
Oct 23, 2021 6:51 PM

May 2015
I didn't think it was possible to have a more annoying mc than Asta, but here we are. Quit watching halfway through just so I wouldn't have to hear Saki Chan one more time. Thought this would be some mindless fun, but this is just terrible
Oct 23, 2021 10:00 PM

Apr 2018
Damn Who would have thought that Saki was one of the Angles. Things just got spicier.
Oct 23, 2021 11:24 PM
Jul 2018
I can't believe the same guy (Natsuki Hanae) who is the VA of Tanjiro, Kaneki, Takumi Aldini, Rill Boismortier, Reita Toritsuka, Hiroshi Odokawa etc is now doing Revel. The insane range, so amazing.
Oct 23, 2021 11:58 PM

Apr 2015
an excellent chapter that shows how terrifying the red arrow and the power of Metropoliman are, how the protagonist frees himself from the trap and is captured
Oct 24, 2021 5:37 AM
Nov 2020
This ep was slow, just build up and not much happened.
Oct 24, 2021 6:40 AM

May 2019
And so we see the legit Antagonist Plot Armor.

Will be very shitty narrative if again the angels knew there is a way to block the arrows but "oh, we forgot to tell"

sonu711 said:

And since she hadn't the "you must live to achieve greater happiness" stuff, she probably still wants to die.

I imagine how long will take to the dense MC notice it.
Oct 24, 2021 6:42 AM

May 2021
Rob7 said:

Will be very shitty narrative if again the angels knew there is a way to block the arrows but "oh, we forgot to tell"

sonu711 said:

And since she hadn't the "you must live to achieve greater happiness" stuff, she probably still wants to die.

yeah , how much time will it take to notice she wanted to die!!!!
Oct 24, 2021 6:54 AM

Jul 2008
sonu711 said:
Rob7 said:

yeah , how much time will it take to notice she wanted to die!!!!

I was just going to say the same thing, glad I am not the only one bothered by their simplicity.
I don't really get how they all seem to forget about their dying wish.
Like I don't like Kakehashi since he was all suicidal in the first episode and in just did a 180 turn, wishing to be happy and living.
Feel like the series don't take suicide as a serious matter.
"Yay Saki-chan hit me, yay I love Saki-chan, yaaay let's be happy with Saki-chan"
Man... your character is not consistent.
And the romance is so damn quick to happen.
"Seeing you Kakehashi-kun, I feel like I want to be happy"
but guuuurl ...?!

Ugh.

Just saying I wished for a lot more drama than this.
Oct 24, 2021 7:35 AM

Feb 2016
@Shirayukin @sonu711 @Rob7 @cainael
I read the manga. No spoilers, but I feel Saki is the only character with a good backstory.
その目だれの目?
Oct 24, 2021 8:01 AM

May 2019
cainael said:
[quote=sonu711 message=64735663
but guuuurl ...?!

Ugh.

Just saying I wished for a lot more drama than this.[/color]

Well, but she was the worst actress ever when saying that words.

I can see clearly the incel audience rooting like "yes, he confessed and the anime now stated how pure is his love, so she must be falling in love with him too!"

In meanwhile the author: "Saki, you was going to kill yourself but now you are involved in all this mess and there is this old childhood friend weird acting like a retarded because you arrowed him as your weak angel told you. Are you really happy? Don't you feel even more depressed? Don't tell it to the audience, tho"

Rob7Oct 24, 2021 8:36 AM
Oct 24, 2021 8:21 AM

Jul 2008
Rob7 said:
cainael said:
[quote=sonu711 message=64735663
but guuuurl ...?!

Ugh.

Just saying I wished for a lot more drama than this.[/color]

Well, but she was the worst actress ever when saying that words.

I can see clearly the incel audience rooting like "yes, he confessed and the anime now stated how pure is his love, so she must be falling in love with him too!"

In meanwhile the author: "Saki, you was going to kill yourself but now you are involved in all this mess and there is this old childhood friend weird acting like a retarded because you arrowed him as your weak angel told you. Are you really happy? Don't you fell even more depressed? Don't tell it to the audience, tho"

Yes at first I felt this feeling about "it's not sincere, it's all because my red arrow", but even when the arrow's symptoms were gone she's acted all bland wishing to also be happy one day.
Not making sense for me...

@Lucifrost I am afraid to keep hope in her, haha but let's see in the future how his past story turns out !
Oct 24, 2021 9:15 AM
Jul 2021
DKDiabloLicht said:
Wow this shit is pissing me off, first he could have avoided everything if he wasn't a Beta male and kept walking. And now he's Red Arrowed so I like him even less. Also what a bitch she is,. You are going to shoot your childhood Friend and force him to love you? He wouldn't have done that to her. I seriously hate him right now Red Arrowed. Before he was a soft weakling who was broken by life (justifiably) and now he's a Simp
. Also don't you know one of you WILL die? It has to end with one candidate doesn't it? This character has mush for brains lol. Also GOING yo the stadium? When you know it's a trap? He's a weakling who can't fight, and has a weak will, he's not going to be able to fight Metropoliman or anyone else, why would he think that was a good idea? Especially since he couldn't hide his reaction to seeing Saki's Angel, so obviously he's too stupid to hide his reaction in this big situation or at least experience dictates. I really do like this Anime but man the MC is irritating to me at times.
Tbh I seriously doubt that if an angel flew right into your face you would be able to keep walking without even flinching lmao
Oct 24, 2021 9:18 AM
Jul 2021
Gerbotik said:
DKDiabloLicht said:
Wow this shit is pissing me off, first he could have avoided everything if he wasn't a Beta male and kept walking. And now he's Red Arrowed so I like him even less. Also what a bitch she is,. You are going to shoot your childhood Friend and force him to love you? He wouldn't have done that to her. I seriously hate him right now Red Arrowed. Before he was a soft weakling who was broken by life (justifiably) and now he's a Simp
. Also don't you know one of you WILL die? It has to end with one candidate doesn't it? This character has mush for brains lol. Also GOING yo the stadium? When you know it's a trap? He's a weakling who can't fight, and has a weak will, he's not going to be able to fight Metropoliman or anyone else, why would he think that was a good idea? Especially since he couldn't hide his reaction to seeing Saki's Angel, so obviously he's too stupid to hide his reaction in this big situation or at least experience dictates. I really do like this Anime but man the MC is irritating to me at times.
Tbh I seriously doubt that if an angel flew right into your face you would be able to keep walking without even flinching lmao

Well Me yes, someone who's never experienced anything like that. But considering he got caught will jumping off a building by an angel and knows he's in a death game with people that can shoot him with a Red Arrow and turn him into a Slave, there's a pretty high stakes and he's got some familiarity. Seriously I'm still SOO pissed at Saki for that Red Arrow. Especially since I know a little (more than I should) of their backstory
Oct 24, 2021 11:09 AM
Oct 2014
Very clunky execution. Reminds me of CG and Mirai Nikki but not as badly entertaining like Mirai Nikki was.
Oct 24, 2021 8:04 PM

Aug 2015
It´s funny how this is everything Death Note wasn´t, and I don´t mean that in a good way. Even All you need is kill was a lot more entertaining giving how short it is.

I also like how each episode we get more information on how to break the rules the manga is (apparently) following. So it won´t surprise me in the slightest if our protagonist ends up developing some kind of weird op power of kindness or something like that. Then we have the main issue: both him and the waifu are angels, so either he kills her or sacrifices himself for him, and considering this is something made by the author of Death Note, both scenarios are more likely than someone else killing the main girl.
Oct 25, 2021 6:05 PM

Sep 2018
Everything is so fast but it didn't feel rush at all. I think the pacing is good. We have a romance in just one episode lol it's cute but the girl is still mysterious.. where's her parents and why she became candidate? Did she think of suicide too and Revel help her? Also their angels are so cute!! I thought Revel is a bad angel but he's not. I'm glad!

I like Metropolitan at first but now he became cringy lol the meet up in stadium is weird but let's see what will happen next..
Oct 26, 2021 2:18 PM
Jul 2019
So, this metropolman is such a show off........

I can never understand as to why male angels have their wings on their pelvic area while the female angels have theirs on their backs.
Oct 26, 2021 6:25 PM
I Hate My Son

Dec 2011
The reason why all 13 contestants are in Japan being that "Lots of people commit suicide there" is soooooo lazy lmao
Oct 26, 2021 8:25 PM

May 2019
Okazaki93 said:
The reason why all 13 contestants are in Japan being that "Lots of people commit suicide there" is soooooo lazy lmao

Know what is a hard work? Trying to take this "serious" anime seriously lol

But since that angel also do the job of a comedic (dark-humor) relief character, it is understandable.
Oct 27, 2021 5:53 AM
Mar 2012
MC turns super simp.
Revel trickster pretty cool with Nasse.
Well awkward 33 day timeskip, they go school & live together... & nothing happens?
Turns into Sentai show, we Shikizakura now.
Oct 28, 2021 8:14 AM

May 2020
FuMomo-kun said:
Already hate Saki.

Mirai's goals are also very weak. Like, unbelievably weak.

How come no one is making fun of those weird cosplay? People laugh at what they don't think is normal, and based on everybody's clothing, those cosplay suits are not normal.

from the first look, i already dislike her and we might see her betray mirai.
Oct 28, 2021 8:16 AM

May 2020
Okazaki93 said:

nah, the author trying to imply that god only cares abt japan hahahahaa
Oct 28, 2021 8:17 AM

May 2020
Anlex said:
Ok I have just one question ... why did they actually go there? Could they not just send their angel/s there and watch the broadcast?

of course, he will. he's the mc , the thick plot armor will shine throughout this series haha
Oct 28, 2021 8:34 AM

Sep 2018
I just can't be bothered any more, what is this show even trying to say!?

It's just so lacklustre, it deserves to bomb.

Quantum ille canis est in fenestra
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Platinum End Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 24, 2022

274 by Kitsu-nee »»
Jan 20, 5:03 AM

Poll: » Platinum End Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 28, 2021

162 by jose777manuel »»
Dec 10, 2023 3:03 AM

Poll: » Platinum End Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 14, 2021

139 by jose777manuel »»
Dec 10, 2023 3:01 AM

Poll: » Platinum End Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Oct 7, 2021

230 by Lita2013 »»
Nov 25, 2023 9:03 PM

» moral of the story

Kanashito - Apr 3, 2022

23 by bastek66 »»
Nov 18, 2023 8:19 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.