Forums

Favorites Boosting Accounts: Ranking Recalculations

New
Pages (9) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
May 7, 2021 5:49 AM

Aug 2020
Wookim97 said:
Zean_9435 said:
Are you demon slayer manga reader ? , if not then I will not go any farther describing why there is no bigger charges in favorite number in case of demon slayer
But why they also eliminate Rengoku favs and let the favs of Tengen Usui, Sabito even Mist guy?? it didn't make sense Rengoku is one of the reasons why Demon Slayer Movie was successful and on Reddit his fans have increased a lot after the Movie aired.

well its fixed now.
May 7, 2021 5:50 AM

Jan 2017
About time gosh finally. Guess we can call it the end of Chika supremacy huh. Glad to know.
May 7, 2021 5:56 AM
Jul 2018
Please fix this too, this guy doesn't even remember his name by the Higehiro fandom but he has almost the same favs as Sayu the Main Heroine.
https://myanimelist.net/character/187116/Hashimoto
May 7, 2021 6:03 AM
May 2021
Sorry, I don't know how I could report it otherwise, but I think Asta had 10k favorites. But now he has 7k members. Other characters also had more, but their favorite member count decreased as well, why?

I swear to god each Black Clover character had way more favorites than now.
May 7, 2021 6:05 AM

Nov 2019
Are you sure the Goku votes are bots and not people who grew old and don't use MAL?
May 7, 2021 6:14 AM

Apr 2015
A long awaited fix, but it baffles me that the character botting was far greater than I had initially expected. Don't like to see some of my favorite characters drop down the rankings, but atleast we got a more fair ranking now!!
May 7, 2021 6:16 AM
Apr 2021
Mirai said:
Well color me surprised. I thought the people complaining about character favorites being bots were just being paranoid. Turns out some people are in fact insane and would actually boost something is insignificant as character favorites. Guess some people are just so insecure they need their taste to be validated by numbers on this website huh

Anyways gj mods for taking action.

Also Ichigo fans down bad lol

My thoughts exactly lol. Who would be insane enough to bot something like character favorites. Who even cares about that stuff lmao. I can't believe people would actually waste their time and energy botting something that has literally no real world benefit for them.
May 7, 2021 6:36 AM

Sep 2020
May 7, 2021 6:37 AM

Jun 2020
next i think u should recheck the duplicated 1/10 ratings, or let s just call them fake ratings because im very sure that anti bot system doesn t actually work properly. if the anime scores for example the top 5 anime around 9,15 at least. just my recommendation to check that anime/manga scores again. hope the admins of this site will see this
May 7, 2021 6:38 AM

Jun 2020
PoviliantX said:
Sorry, I don't know how I could report it otherwise, but I think Asta had 10k favorites. But now he has 7k members. Other characters also had more, but their favorite member count decreased as well, why?

as it was explained, they had bots that put them in favorites list and those bots got removed
May 7, 2021 6:49 AM

Jun 2020
This new system has also removed botting in the polls of episode discussion sections. Thank you for looking into and solving this problem.
May 7, 2021 7:00 AM
Nov 2020
You did it like going back 5 months ago. Lmao
May 7, 2021 7:21 AM

Dec 2019
Great! MAL did something again!
Click here to see My Tampermonkey Scripts For MAL

If you like my work, please consider supporting it!
https://www.patreon.com/hacker09

May 7, 2021 7:22 AM

Jan 2020
Thank you for taking the time to do this! It's nice seeing this new system

May 7, 2021 7:24 AM

Nov 2019
backdoornight said:

Biswa_29 said:
That's part of what making me question this. Even though I am a monogatari fan, I can understand that some monogatari fans are really hardcore much more than other anime fandoms. I will not believe that Eugeo out of all characters had 8k bot accounts out of his 10k favourites while senjougahara had like 6k bot account favourites.
Are you kidding, bro? I know, you know, we know Monogatari is a big brain show. The kind of people who like Chika or Ichigo or whatever flavor of the month waifubait currently buzzing out there never tried watching it or dropped it after the first episode of Bake because it was too complex for them.

No I'm not. My interactions with the fanbase isn't always very pleasant. It's not any less toxic than mainstream anime fandoms. A lot of monogatari fans even have a weird superiority complex. Lmao. I can't believe that they won't create bot accounts to make their favourite characters seem more popular.

On the other hand I was quite surprised by some characters like Eugeo having around 80% bot accounts. He is the SAO character I least expected to have that.

backdoornight said:
The staff delivers! It feels good knowing that people with questionable taste were the most affected in this purge. Buh-bye, Chika!

Agree with that. Chika is the worst character of the show by a distance. Lol
SAO PROGRESSIVE ANIME HYPE
May 7, 2021 7:38 AM
May 2021
georgemehh1 said:
PoviliantX said:

as it was explained, they had bots that put them in favorites list and those bots got removed

Fair enough
May 7, 2021 8:12 AM

Jul 2017
Biswa_29 said:
No I'm not. My interactions with the fanbase isn't always very pleasant. It's not any less toxic than mainstream anime fandoms. A lot of monogatari fans even have a weird superiority complex. Lmao. I can't believe that they won't create bot accounts to make their favourite characters seem more popular.
Ah, I see... I don't think I've ever interacted closely with the fandom, so I'd better take your word for it. Truly, no community is immune from this kind of fan.

But I'd expect that, considering the Monogatari Series' reputation as a big casual filter, most of its fans would know that this lame botting operation was a waste of time and the admins could easily pull the plug on it with a few lines of code. Given that 95% of faves for Senjougahara and Kiss-shot were legit (the highest ratio in the top 50), it seems that, fortunately, the neurotic part of the fanbase is just an insignificant minority.
あなたは誰?
May 7, 2021 8:16 AM

Jul 2019
Waiting for Episode III:Revenge of the Bots
May 7, 2021 8:22 AM
May 2021
Does MAL just delete all the accounts? how do they go about doing this?
May 7, 2021 8:30 AM

May 2018
Well this was a long time coming, glad to see characters like jotaro and joseph get better positions, especially joseph since he was like 43 before.
What i wonder is are there gonna be any precautions so this doesn't happen again?
May 7, 2021 8:32 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Well, we all know the bots will be coming hard again so I’m definitely curious to see how what’ll transpire in the near future.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

May 7, 2021 9:01 AM

Jul 2011
And to next problem... episode votes on forums!

"A half moon, it has a dark half and a bright half, just like me…", Yuno Gasai
May 7, 2021 9:03 AM

Oct 2014
Not at all surprised to see AOT having so many dupes.
Some others surprised me, I don't understand why people care.
Still its good they got rid of all the fakes.
May 7, 2021 9:10 AM

Mar 2014
Glad to see MAL prioritizing something as meaningless as these rankings instead of actual site improvements lmao
May 7, 2021 9:17 AM

Feb 2014
The people behind the botting thing reached a new level of simping.
May 7, 2021 9:38 AM
Oct 2020
FateXBlood said:
Me hoping for Zeke to be in top 10.
haha you like him as much as me.
May 7, 2021 9:43 AM

Feb 2015
damn, these Emilia simps are going wild... I tell, you; going wild....

anyway, ngl I kinda feel quite sad that people are willing to make dups acc just to boost the ratings of this series.... It's not like LoL where you can pay ppl to boost you and flex that rank...

like... I dunno.... I guess I just think petty things like this are quite funny but at the same time, I dont really care that much. Ohh well, kudos to MAL team for doing their best to make it more legit but then again, imo it really doesnt matter. It's not like MAL has any effect on JP's anime industry anyway, well at least from what I understand.
May 7, 2021 9:44 AM
Jul 2018
Now we can finally end waifu wars once and for all. Character favourites have spoken.
May 7, 2021 9:53 AM

Aug 2008
Wow. People are really wasting time on boosting popularity ranks of fictional characters? I know wasting time goes in pair with watching anime and reading manga, I'm guilty of that as well but damn, that's another level of wasting one resource you're never getting back.
Ii tenki desu ne...
May 7, 2021 10:14 AM

Jul 2019
GG MAL. Was about time. I have no clue that the top 50 was botted tho tbh, I thought it was just a sudden increase just because.

Imagine if the botter paid for MAL supporter for each bot account lmao. Gotta rack those favs in.
May 7, 2021 10:16 AM
Apr 2016
Very good news for lovers of statistics! (like me)
May 7, 2021 10:16 AM

Dec 2016
Wizzer_Fizzer said:
Are you sure the Goku votes are bots and not people who grew old and don't use MAL?

I second this. I strongly believe this system mistakes old accounts with bot accounts and unfairly dismisses them as fake votes. 52% fake votes for Goku when not only the DB fanbase isn't really very present here, but also when there was no reason for the fans that do have accounts here to be hugely botting him is just a ridiculous amount, no way in hell he was being more botted than Luffy for example, I just can't buy that bullshit.
May 7, 2021 10:42 AM

Jul 2020
I'm happy that the bot favorites are finally removed but I'm also a bit surprised about some characters losing their favorites. I mean I knew Eren was heavily botted so I'm not surprised to see him lose over 20k favorites. Makima, however...well, I was genuinely surprised to see her drop over 4k favorites, I always thought she was the most favored character of CSM lol guess I was wrong. Reigen lost around 3k favorites and Misaka lost quite a lot of favorites as well (over 5k) and it doesn't seem right to me. I can't believe they were being botted. Touma also lost 1k favorites but why would anyone boost his favs LMAO. Also, I don't get how all Madoka girls lost around 2k favs? Something doesn't feel right about this since Homura had more than 23k favs before all the boost shit started and now she's sitting only at 21k favorites.

ngl though Emilia dropping from 61k to 19k made me laugh so hard.
May 7, 2021 11:14 AM
Lead Admin
Faerie Queen

Aug 2007
@Wizzer_Fizzer @SoldierDream

Yes I'm sure. We've seen the accounts that were created.
Even without seeing the accounts, does this look natural to you when (as you say) there aren't many DBZ fans on MAL?

Edit: Slightly modified the image.
KinetaMay 7, 2021 11:19 AM
May 7, 2021 11:38 AM

Aug 2018
thank you for this much-needed fix!
May 7, 2021 12:18 PM
Dec 2020
Never thought ppl cared much abt character favs, but I kinda smiled after seeing the gap between #1 and #2 girl widens, once again solidifying Kurisu as best girl.
May 7, 2021 12:51 PM

Aug 2018
Good work I guess.

But what do you guys see as a duplicate account for boosting purposes?
Sorry, due to licensing limitations, this message is unavailable in your region.
Please come drink tea, eat cake and procrastinate at the Cute Girls Doing Cute Things Club. We have simulwatches! \o/
May 7, 2021 2:22 PM
Nov 2019
SoldierDream said:
Wizzer_Fizzer said:

I second this. I strongly believe this system mistakes old accounts with bot accounts and unfairly dismisses them as fake votes. 52% fake votes for Goku when not only the DB fanbase isn't really very present here, but also when there was no reason for the fans that do have accounts here to be hugely botting him is just a ridiculous amount, no way in hell he was being more botted than Luffy for example, I just can't buy that bullshit.

Seriously? You weren't here in the Goku solos shitfest? That Goku Solos meme started at mid 2020, right around the time these bots started to exist
May 7, 2021 2:26 PM

Nov 2016
It is a shame that Ichigo lost so many favourites and 02 lost barely any. I also think Luffy would have been a better character to have as the #1 spot than Lelouch. I actually like him, for starters.
May 7, 2021 3:06 PM

Nov 2019
Kineta said:
@Wizzer_Fizzer @SoldierDream

Yes I'm sure. We've seen the accounts that were created.
Even without seeing the accounts, does this look natural to you when (as you say) there aren't many DBZ fans on MAL?

Edit: Slightly modified the image.

Oh well, it is what it is then.
May 7, 2021 3:48 PM

Aug 2014
That's pretty nice I guess :) glad Killua's rank hasn't changed <3 very surprised about Ichigo though O.O
May 7, 2021 3:50 PM

Apr 2021
Finally.
May 7, 2021 4:00 PM

Feb 2020
Oh wow! We got a fix for character's ranking. Now is time to see at least one of my fav in top 50!

okay maybe top 100.

okay maybe top 150 pls?

YEA NAGISA RANK 150 LET'S GO!!! :'D
May 7, 2021 5:00 PM

May 2013
Ty to the MAL staff 💯

But honestly why would someone create accounts just to boost characters and shows 😂😂😂😂 fr
May 7, 2021 5:48 PM
Nov 2020
Will this be implemented to Anime,Manga Scores too ?...cz there lots of animes were boosted/downgraded by boys with 1/10

Mod Edit: Removed quote of entire first post.
KinetaMay 7, 2021 5:52 PM
May 7, 2021 6:11 PM
Jul 2018
@Kineta
Is this new system permanent or temporary?? because I still see some characters like Mami, Itsuki, and Ichigo still being botted now.
May 7, 2021 6:17 PM

May 2016
NOOO. Could not have been nice enough to let ichigo have her like to beat that bitch two zero?
May 7, 2021 6:20 PM

Oct 2020
Lguanlin92 said:
@Kineta
Is this new system permanent or temporary?? because I still see some characters like Mami, Itsuki, and Ichigo still being botted now.
I also doubt this system, i think this is only temporary until we see the character ranking being rigged again, even until now characters like Itsuki and Mami still get Bots since after all their bots are removed they have at least got an additional 200 new votes just in one day while other girls still stagnant.
May 7, 2021 6:25 PM
Jul 2018
Snow_dropindo99 said:
Lguanlin92 said:
@Kineta
I also doubt this system, i think this is only temporary until we see the character ranking being rigged again, even until now characters like Itsuki and Mami still get Bots since after all their bots are removed they have at least got an additional 200 new votes just in one day while other girls still stagnant.
Yeah I think this system is only temporary because now she is still being botted, at least after all the Bots were removed, for example Itsuki got around 200 new votes she jumped from 6,9k to 7,1k in just one day, while the other girls are still stagnant. it's only a matter of time for you to see Botsuki surpass Miku and Nino again.
May 7, 2021 6:37 PM
Jul 2018
Heretixin said:
Waiting for Episode III:Revenge of the Bots
Some Bots already started their revenge LOL, some characters still being botted till now, it's only a matter of time to see the character rank getting rigged again.
Pages (9) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» [Challenge] You Should Read This Manga 2024 ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Kineta - Feb 23

208 by Nikmomo93 »»
3 hours ago

» Try MAL's New Mobile Site! ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Xinil - Feb 15, 2015

423 by RED-clover12 »»
8 hours ago

» Planned 5hr Maintenance, Thursday April 25 @ 1am-6am PT

Kineta - Apr 22

0 by Kineta »»
Apr 22, 8:10 PM

» New Site Update: Peak Anime 🗻 ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Kineta - Mar 31

213 by Lancelot73 »»
Apr 21, 4:28 AM

» Heavenly Easter Delusion: Devil and Dolce ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kineta - Mar 27

3332 by Terra_strong »»
Apr 17, 8:26 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.