Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Don't Toy With Me, Miss Nagatoro
Available on Manga Store
New
Apr 26, 2021 11:09 PM
Jun 2015
This guy has got to be the most spineless and pathetic MC ever written in the history of anime. The guy cant even convey a coherent sentence to other humans his age much less show any kind of character. Dude is about as deep as a cardboard cutout.

Does this MC rank as the most pathetic of all MC's ever? I say yes or close 2nd
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Apr 26, 2021 11:14 PM

Oct 2020
StevieDeezy said:
This guy has got to be the most spineless and pathetic MC ever written in the history of anime. The guy cant even convey a coherent sentence to other humans his age much less show any kind of character. Dude is about as deep as a cardboard cutout.

ok so if the MC does nothing and lets the waifu toy with her, so he is bad? that is not how it works. I feel sympathy for him since he is getting teased all the time and I relate to him.

If i would name a MC worse than him then i would say kazuya but i cant think of many.
# of bans: 4

@NoLiferSoul is an S+ tier MAL Staff member

@anime-prime and @AlexPaulLEWZ are S tier

Rest are mid
Apr 26, 2021 11:16 PM

Nov 2017
Tenchi Muyo is a lot worse by thousands of a percent. The guy gets a harem for being born and having a sword from his grandfather. It's messed up, he's like a shah or something but less charming.
Apr 26, 2021 11:17 PM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
Sure I also hate pussy mc's but in this case he kind of has to be a pussy for it to work as a dynamic between our beloved nagatoro-san, and I'm really liking it so far. An mc who is a pussy in the harem genre sucks major ass. But in this show, it works!

NYANPASU
5700XT

Apr 26, 2021 11:43 PM
Feb 2016
He is pathetic, but is he a bad character? I take that over Kirito or the isekai smartphone guy.
Apr 26, 2021 11:54 PM

Feb 2021
StevieDeezy said:

I think Naoto is not the worst, its this guy:

Apr 27, 2021 12:07 AM
Jan 2021
If anybody says shinji I’ll be very disappointed
Apr 27, 2021 12:08 AM
Jan 2021
Lapsos said:
He is pathetic, but is he a bad character? I take that over Kirito or the isekai smartphone guy.

My man speaking straight facts
Apr 27, 2021 12:08 AM
Tail On!

Aug 2018
I have not watched this one yet but I doubt he can be worse than Yuuki Rito from To LOVE-Ru.
Apr 27, 2021 12:18 AM
Dec 2020
Dont worry, he will grow both balls and a spine as the series goes on. Its character progression/growth, my man.
Apr 27, 2021 1:54 AM
Jul 2018
Kamijou Touma is the worst mc of all time, man just punches and speaks. There is nothing redeeming and interesting about him.
Apr 27, 2021 1:56 AM
Jun 2009
Deku is worse.

Weakling with no powers, acts all high and mighty after getting a cheat skill.
Apr 27, 2021 2:40 AM

Oct 2015
At least he isn't a serial rapist or p*dophile like the two from last season.
Apr 27, 2021 2:58 AM

Sep 2020
1 MC Of Redo of Heller that guy have no personality only know how to rape

2 MC of Rent a girlfriend most pathetic creature

3 MC of 89.99% of the Heram anime

This guy know how to respect other, and is not a pervert , the only problem he got is that he can't defend himself ,
Apr 27, 2021 3:34 AM
Jun 2015
dont get me wrong, ive seen more harem/romcoms than I remember. Most of the MC's are garbage tier or worst. But this guy, this guy gets on my nerves more than others. I mean, Deku cries and all the time but hes useful, Redo guy is sick but cmon give him a break as most of you would have gone into a vegetative state if you went through what he did. Redo was kinda sick and dark but given the circumstances...

Kazuya from rent a girlfriend is pretty bad too. Naoto and Kazuya are both equally worthless and 1 dimensional. but Kazuya doesnt cry like a little bitch and speaks up occasionally. Senpai here cannot even say a simple sentence to get himself out of whatever awkward situation he's in. I know I know hes written this way to make the story work. If he wasn't a complete wet sock then Nagatoro's dynamic would be ruined yea yea...but if your whole show's premise hinges on this shit character being a shit character than the whole idea itself is just weak.

Also going against the internet at large...i dont find Nagatoro all that interesting. shes just a masochist's lolibait character. her appeal wore off after eps 3. yes just loli who will tease and punk you for the lulz. thats just not for me. I would have continued the series had it not been for utterly infuriating MC.
Apr 27, 2021 3:37 AM
Jun 2015
MrBrawlz said:
StevieDeezy said:

ok so if the MC does nothing and lets the waifu toy with her, so he is bad? that is not how it works. I feel sympathy for him since he is getting teased all the time and I relate to him.

If i would name a MC worse than him then i would say kazuya but i cant think of many.

yes thats exactly what im saying. the show is trying to sell a sadist loli and the only way it works is if this unbelievable dude just takes all the punches cuz reasons? send this man to Kazuma so he can teach this dude some gender equality!!!
Apr 27, 2021 3:39 AM

Jan 2020
Pathetic? Yes spineless ? Yes
Atleast he isn't trash like p*do mc
From mushoku tensei.so yeah he is not worst but he is still bad though but nagataro is nothing like takagi or usakichan she is way worse
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 27, 2021 3:51 AM

Dec 2020
Ganta Igarashi from deadman wonderland gave me headaches because he was so damn annoying.

🌸Profile: Here🌸 👹Anime List: Here👹 👺Manga List: Here👺

Apr 27, 2021 3:52 AM
Jun 2015
Ezmel said:
*Grabs Popcorn* Well this is gonna be interesting.

while you eat popcorn you mind fanning? it'll be fun i swear
Apr 27, 2021 4:04 AM
Demon of Hatred

Feb 2015
Natsuki Subaru and Ellen Yeager.
"Life is too bitter, so coffee, at least should be sweet..." - Hikigaya Hachiman (Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Come wa Machigatte Iru)
Apr 27, 2021 4:08 AM
Jul 2017
Pathetic MCs are annoying, but this guy actually evolves over time and eventually even grows a spine.

He also has a personality... Which by itself makes him a MUCH better character than Kirito and every Kirito-clone Isekai protagonist.
Apr 27, 2021 4:39 AM
Feb 2019
GangstaAkagi said:
Kamijou Touma is the worst mc of all time, man just punches and speaks. There is nothing redeeming and interesting about him.

His amoral code, his fighting skills and almost inhuman physical adaptibility is what makes him an interesting character. Not the generic character that the anime portrayed him to be. In the novels he knows he's full of shit, he only says all the talk no jutsu to destroy their own logic and when they're weak or distracted he strikes. He's no white knight. He's one of the most selfish hero protagonists in a shonen story.

Sure because we're now in an anime overload full of shonen.. Touma doesn't stand out as much anymore. But damn is he still a good character.
Apr 27, 2021 4:40 AM
Jan 2021
Makoto (School Days), Kazuya (Rent a Girlfriend/Kanojo Okarishimasu), Haruto Kirishima (A town where you lived/Kimi no Iru Machi), and many more.

Naoto is actually a decent MC, he will develop.

It's just you that's not watching enough Anime and wants everything to be Instant. This Anime has only 3 episodes out(not even half of the season) and then you just spewing nonsense, pathetic.
Hot_Green_TeaApr 27, 2021 4:48 AM
Apr 27, 2021 4:43 AM
Jul 2018
filimaua13 said:
GangstaAkagi said:

His amoral code, his fighting skills and almost inhuman physical adaptibility is what makes him an interesting character. Not the generic character that the anime portrayed him to be. In the novels he knows he's full of shit, he only says all the talk no jutsu to destroy their own logic and when they're weak or distracted he strikes. He's no white knight. He's one of the most selfish hero protagonists in a shonen story.

Sure because we're now in an anime overload full of shonen.. Touma doesn't stand out as much anymore. But damn is he still a good character.
Ye I know he is one of my favourite characters.
Apr 27, 2021 4:52 AM
Dec 2020
I don’t understand how you can consider an MC that perfectly fulfills their role in the anime the “worst MC ever” that’s like saying light yagami is a horrible protagonist because he killed a lot of people and that’s unethical.
Apr 27, 2021 4:59 AM

Jul 2020
Yeah I hate him because most of the time im able to atleast do one of the things for them:

Self insert

Feel bad for

relate to

enjoy them beat the shit out of enemies

He's none of these, so im having a mental breakdown.
I gave up on character of the week since it takes too much thinking. I'll just change my forum pfp to whoever I want every week lol.
Apr 27, 2021 5:21 AM

Jan 2021
The main character of Mirai Nikki I guess?
Apr 27, 2021 5:23 AM
Feb 2019
GangstaAkagi said:
filimaua13 said:

Ye I know he is one of my favourite characters.

Oof my bad. I didn't see the joke lol. I guess we both love Touma 😂👌
Apr 27, 2021 5:25 AM
Mar 2021
Tbh he isn't a bad of an MC but one MC that is absolutely trash is Kazuya from rent a girlfriend like literally like literally every decision he made gave me second hand embarrassment (also I don't hate him or anything his decision making is just retarded)
Apr 27, 2021 5:58 AM
Jan 2021
Hot_Green_Tea said:
Makoto (School Days), Kazuya (Rent a Girlfriend/Kanojo Okarishimasu), Haruto Kirishima (A town where you lived/Kimi no Iru Machi), and many more.

It's just you that's not watching enough Anime and wants everything to be Instant. This Anime has only 3 episodes out(not even half of the season) and then you just spewing nonsense, pathetic.
Hot_Green_Tea said:

agreed makotos pretty shit
Apr 27, 2021 6:52 AM
Jan 2021
he’s so adorable ☺️
Apr 27, 2021 6:58 AM

Jul 2020
Judging from the description he seems like the most realistic and relatable type.
How is he bad written just because he's an introvert?

Scordolo's Recent Reviews
To your eternity
Vanitas no Karte
Apr 27, 2021 7:09 AM

Nov 2008
Makoto, Tomoki, and Licht are worse.

I'll take a spineless introvert over perverts who rape girls or treat them like shit. T_T

Apr 27, 2021 7:13 AM
Feb 2020
The older brother from grave of the fire flies. Dude could’ve just got a job and the annoying aunt would probably shut up, but no. He moved out with his sister to live in a cave because of pried which led to a bad/sad ending.

Setsuko didnt deserve to deal with the shit she went through because of him
TouchMahSpaghetApr 27, 2021 7:17 AM
Apr 27, 2021 7:33 AM
Apr 2021
BetaMaleUltra said:
Sure I also hate pussy mc's but in this case he kind of has to be a pussy for it to work as a dynamic between our beloved nagatoro-san, and I'm really liking it so far. An mc who is a pussy in the harem genre sucks major ass. But in this show, it works!
facts. And it’ll only get better. He will become more of a man. It’ll be good This isn’t shoujo so
Apr 27, 2021 9:13 AM
Dec 2017
You know what character development means?
The whole point of Nagatoro teasing him, is to help him get out of his shell.
And even then, I take him over Kirito or Kazuya (Rent a Girlfriend) any day of the week.
Apr 27, 2021 10:00 AM
Photojournalist

Apr 2007
Rito from To Love-Ru
Apr 27, 2021 10:17 AM
Feb 2021
Scordolo said:
Judging from the description he seems like the most realistic and relatable type.
so according to you introverts are masochist
Noice
Apr 27, 2021 10:35 AM

Jan 2018
Shirou Emiya is up there
Apr 27, 2021 10:36 AM

Jan 2020
That disgusting pile of trash from redo is the worst

Apr 27, 2021 10:51 AM
Feb 2021
The dude in kakegurui
Apr 27, 2021 11:17 AM

Feb 2019
None, every mc is better than him.
Apr 27, 2021 11:20 AM
Jul 2018
Ez, the dude from rent a girlfriend.
Apr 27, 2021 11:34 AM
Jan 2021
rent a girlfriend MC
master of simping
Apr 27, 2021 2:42 PM
Jun 2020
deku, kirito, lol give me something else
Apr 27, 2021 2:46 PM

Jul 2020
The MC is quite the scaredy cat, but he fits what he's supposed to be
Apr 27, 2021 5:22 PM
Apr 2021
See the issue is that the MC in this series was suppose to be written as a broken human being that ran away from most problems. One of the big point of this series is that he has to slowly grow a spine. That is why he does not really bother me since he was written that way and will make progress, but it is understandable why many find him trash.

A lot of other series have main characters that stay trash or are written very poorly and don't really improve as characters. A lot of the above responses have some good examples.
Apr 27, 2021 6:07 PM
Feb 2021
coolxal said:
Deku is worse.

Weakling with no powers, acts all high and mighty after getting a cheat skill.
what are you on about, deku isn't a bad Mc or a Weakling
Apr 27, 2021 9:37 PM

Jul 2020
Neckadia said:
Scordolo said:
so according to you introverts are masochist
Noice

When tf did I say introverts are masochist?

Scordolo's Recent Reviews
To your eternity
Vanitas no Karte
Apr 27, 2021 9:40 PM

May 2019
He's spineless but not a bad character. Go watch Rent a girlfriend, that dude pays for conversations 99% of the series.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ijiranaide, Nagatoro-san Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KANLen09 - Jun 26, 2021

273 by Phroggy_44 »»
Jun 6, 3:32 PM

Poll: » Ijiranaide, Nagatoro-san Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KANLen09 - Jun 19, 2021

144 by PrOxAnto »»
May 28, 4:12 PM

Poll: » Ijiranaide, Nagatoro-san Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Pre_Yum - May 8, 2021

132 by PrOxAnto »»
May 28, 10:36 AM

Poll: » Ijiranaide, Nagatoro-san Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

FMmatron - Apr 10, 2021

502 by PrOxAnto »»
May 28, 4:54 AM

Poll: » Ijiranaide, Nagatoro-san Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KANLen09 - Jun 12, 2021

138 by AkiFosu »»
Mar 4, 6:57 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.