Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Tokyo Revengers
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Apr 10, 2021 10:44 PM

Mar 2020
This is the kind of time travel I've always thought about

o/
Apr 10, 2021 10:55 PM

Mar 2008
Oh this was really interesting and I'm looking forward to more
Apr 10, 2021 11:02 PM

Aug 2015
UberBat said:
NameLessMofo said:
I don't know how Naoto managed to save him, the train was like 1 meter away from him.
but aside from that, I really enjoyed the episode also got some Tanya the evil vibes from his "death".
see you next week!

Naoto was dead in the timeline that Takemichi was hit by a train. So likely altering the past had some sort of impact in that event that Takemichi couldn't recall due to him still being transient between the time travel and the original timeline.

Good point!
Hopefully they'll explain it in the future.
Apr 10, 2021 11:17 PM
Dec 2018
I have not read the manga but looking forward to this anime! I wonder how he actually manages to time leap and how they are gonna figure it out
Apr 10, 2021 11:22 PM
Mob Character C

Oct 2009
Eh. This wasn't really my thing. Wasn't into it at all. They didn't really give us a good idea of how the rest of the show will be playing out either, so it's just kinda like... meh, I don't even really know what I'm supposed to be looking forward to. I'll pass for now.

Just a note to future self.

Enjoy your anime! | Witch Cafe Wisteria
Apr 10, 2021 11:25 PM
Apr 2020
Fck this only on its 1st ep and it's already really good.

This definitely feels like Erased, but with the gangsters roleplaying as MCs. The simple animation and the artstyle fits really perfectly on the anime. And they really did a great job introducing all the main plot of the series. Never thought that Lidenfilms will come up with a decent adaptation as great as this one. Oh man action, drama and time travelling? Looks like things will get really really interesting on the resr of the series. Sign me up for this! :)

Also is it really true that we will get a 2 cour on this one?
Apr 10, 2021 11:43 PM
Sep 2017
Short_Circut said:
bruh I'd understand if it was some minor event but you'd think you'd remember if something as tragic as seeing your cousin betray you and your group gets beaten up actually happened :P

also if tachibana died in a gang altercation that happened during the festival, couldn't Naoto have just told her not to go :P. Though I'd assume it'll probs be revealed later on how she actually dies or smth

but otherwise ok start

Would you want yourself to remember something traumatic that happened to you in the past? Pretty sure not lmao. It makes sense plus it's 12 years ago. If Naoto told her to not go, there would be no story and yeah it's revealed in the future as to why she dies.

Pretty good episode. Really enjoyed the manga and hopefully the studio does it justice!
Apr 10, 2021 11:51 PM
Jul 2020
its interesting.
Apr 11, 2021 12:14 AM

Mar 2019
Seems good...4/5 episode

BUT, why da fack... he looks Sooooo YOUNGER in the present, and OLDER in the past???..

Dat shit, was uncomfortable.
Nyan-Pasu!... [ Ara Ara ] [ Waifus ]
Apr 11, 2021 12:52 AM
Dec 2020
This shit gonna be great I’m getting fucking pumped up nigga. Definitely gonna need to read Manga when finished this shit 🔥👍🏻❤️.
Apr 11, 2021 1:40 AM

Jul 2020
I bet no one will believe the same studio animated Berserk 2016.Lidenfilms have really come a long way.It's impressive how their animation really improved.Anyway I had expecations since the director of this anime also directed Dororo.

Pretty solid for a 1st episode ngl.I expected both the sister and the brother to die BECAUSE of the main character.I thought the brother would do something that would cause the sister to die but seems like the author wants the time travelling concept to be simple not saying that it's bad or anything.What bugs me is that how that kid easily believed her sister would die in 12 years.I thought he wouldn't do anything and just ignore him.

Him taking notes on how to beat Yakuza reminded me of Deku not gonna lie.
ScordoloApr 11, 2021 1:48 AM

Scordolo's Recent Reviews
To your eternity
Vanitas no Karte
Apr 11, 2021 2:00 AM
Jul 2018
This turned out to be quite an interesting episode. Considering it had time travel, I just hope they don't fuck this up. The animation was surprisingly above average considering how garbage Lidenfilms actually are. Good use of osts and great voice performances. Definitely looking forward to this.
Apr 11, 2021 2:03 AM
Jul 2018
Scordolo said:
I bet no one will believe the same studio animated Berserk 2016.Lidenfilms have really come a long way.It's impressive how their animation really improved.Anyway I had expecations since the director of this anime also directed Dororo.

Pretty solid for a 1st episode ngl.I expected both the sister and the brother to die BECAUSE of the main character.I thought the brother would do something that would cause the sister to die but seems like the author wants the time travelling concept to be simple not saying that it's bad or anything.What bugs me is that how that kid easily believed her sister would die in 12 years.I thought he wouldn't do anything and just ignore him.

Berserk 3D was done by GEMBA. Lidenfilms didn't do it. Also, it's not the Dororo director.
Apr 11, 2021 2:07 AM

Jul 2020
Etherius_ZS said:
Scordolo said:

Berserk 3D was done by GEMBA. Lidenfilms didn't do it. Also, it's not the Dororo director.

Ah I got confused with episode director and director.My bad but that doesn't change the fact that he's experienced.

To your eternity
Vanitas no Karte
Apr 11, 2021 2:14 AM
Jul 2018
Scordolo said:
Etherius_ZS said:

Ah I got confused with episode director and director.My bad but that doesn't change the fact that he's experienced.

Neither your original post nor my original reply to you mention anything about experience:)
Apr 11, 2021 2:45 AM
Jun 2017
next episode please... i just love this 1st episode... very interesting that i want to know whats next
Apr 11, 2021 3:20 AM
Feb 2020
This plot seems very similar to erased. Ofc I’m gonna watch it as I love the premise of time travelling to change the future but can manga readers vouch for whether it will be better than erased or different and how?
Apr 11, 2021 3:49 AM

Oct 2016
Damn, that was a really solid premiere. I like the use of time travel here, like he can go back and forth probably. But how is he going to actually time travel willingly though. Takemichi is already a pretty compelling character, I like how he saved Naoto and Naoto just taking notes on how to kick ass lmao.

A delinquent time traveler trying to save his middle school girlfriend along with said girlfriend's brother? I am fucking in. Looking forward to the next episode.
Apr 11, 2021 4:23 AM

Nov 2013
woah that was kind of mindblowing I love it, hope to see a bit more action from now on though
Apr 11, 2021 4:24 AM

Aug 2019
this episode was pretty damn good, also reminds me of Steins;Gate a bit with how they show the immediate effects of him going back in time and altering stuff
Apr 11, 2021 4:50 AM

Jul 2020
Yep, I think I'm hooked from this first episode. Animation does have room from improvement but I don't really have any other complaint. The song at the end was a banger. Not sure if it will be for the opening or ending though. Can't wait for next week.

I accept random friend requests!
Apr 11, 2021 5:35 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
The art and animation are fine. Guess its just follow the classic trail of this story. The ost sounds okay on my ears. While the story, dang, i can't help but its really give me a sudden nostalgic moments through my middle school age. Lmao.

Lucky him that could bounce back through the time to change his first love fate, out of nowhere. People really need such a huge motivation to get into an insane unbeliavable power, right? However, the instant change he made already bring him back to the present time, following the result of his action back there. No shit. That was surely not good, and Takemichi might be forced to bounce back again, whatever shit he need to do at those present time. Whats the exact route he need to get the ideal future?

Its obviously intriguing to the story telling aspect. The plot actually simple, with that unknown power, its giving me an instant big brain hype. How? Well, not like the story unveil it suddenly. So, yeah, i can't wait to see the next episode to follow his struggle, effort, and lot of determination, leaping through to the different times, for the sake of his love sealed fate. How far its goes? Lets see.
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Apr 11, 2021 5:40 AM
Jun 2020
Pretty interesting man. I though he was gonna stay in the past but he came back. Makes me eant to see more.
Apr 11, 2021 5:46 AM

Oct 2016
30 seconds in and already vastly superior to that episode 0 garbage. Whose dumbass idea was that anyway? I wish I had just avoided it entirely because it really killed all the hype I had for this.

The actual first episode was great though, thankfully.
Apr 11, 2021 6:13 AM

Feb 2018
Cobalt-Blue said:
Episode "0" and episode one are identical. I always found the delinquent/gang culture stuff in anime to be really interesting given I'm not Japanese. So many shows have these elements (Yu Yu, Kill la Kill, JJBA) and I only really identify them by their pompadours (or other crazy hair styles), the crazy way they dress, their sailors mouths and their toughness. Ive always loved characters like Okuyasu and Knuckle for their big hearts and larger then life personalities. I hope this show can get me to understand the middle, high and real Japanese gangster culture much better then I do now. Animation looks really good. Sharp, nice lighting effects. Characters are also looking good. And the concept of traveling back to middle school is so interesting (partially because that's self insert for me that I'd want to change shit if I could) The only thing that's a bit BS is the MC not remembering his family or parents and not prioritizing them over a "middle school GF" which isn't even considered a real relationship to most ppl. Anyone know how long this show is gonna be?

If you want to learn more about japanese deliquents (yankee/furyo/Bosozoku culture) you should read Bakuon Rettou, it's probably the more realistic manga about this theme because it's partly autobiographic
Apr 11, 2021 6:24 AM

Oct 2015
It was a good first episode and interesting that he went back to the future again and will go back to the past to save Tachibana and something else.
SweetheadApr 11, 2021 6:30 AM
Apr 11, 2021 7:43 AM

May 2020
Great start, the premise reminds me of Erased. Didn't expect to get a bit emotional in the first episode, I think I'm going to love this, just from the first episode alone it's going to be a wild ride.
Apr 11, 2021 8:10 AM
Aug 2018
I recommended this to my friends, and you know what the expression ?
Yeah he's excited and can't wait for episode 2.
I personally read the manga before, and when I found It's getting an anime adaptation I was very excited.
the first episode so impressive I can't wait to see Mickey !!!
Apr 11, 2021 8:50 AM

Jul 2020
deafnote said:
30 seconds in and already vastly superior to that episode 0 garbage. Whose dumbass idea was that anyway? I wish I had just avoided it entirely because it really killed all the hype I had for this.

The actual first episode was great though, thankfully.

FOR REAL!I don't even see why they would do this in the 1st place spoiling the major moments.Thank god I never watched episode 0.

To your eternity
Vanitas no Karte
Apr 11, 2021 9:20 AM

Jul 2017
KenSmiley said:
Short_Circut said:
bruh I'd understand if it was some minor event but you'd think you'd remember if something as tragic as seeing your cousin betray you and your group gets beaten up actually happened :P

also if tachibana died in a gang altercation that happened during the festival, couldn't Naoto have just told her not to go :P. Though I'd assume it'll probs be revealed later on how she actually dies or smth

but otherwise ok start

Would you want yourself to remember something traumatic that happened to you in the past? Pretty sure not lmao. It makes sense plus it's 12 years ago. If Naoto told her to not go, there would be no story and yeah it's revealed in the future as to why she dies.

Pretty good episode. Really enjoyed the manga and hopefully the studio does it justice!

I mean, unless it was some amnesia inducing event, I don't see how retelling the events wouldn't have brought back at least one memory of the altercation other than once the 3rd years appear

Besides, based on Takemichi's reaction to the whole thing it wasn't exactly that traumatic per se, he was perfectly fine literally moments afterwards, so it doesn't really feel like something he'd want to forget ever happened for the rest of his life

I would've given benefit of the doubt if it was entirely general buildup until the actual moment (to which I'd understand if Takemichi forgot up until the end) but m8 they were literally talking about Masaru and fighting moments prior lol and even Takemichi was thinking the same things about Masaru that he thought before the whole time travel thing (in that he was the leader and shit)
Apr 11, 2021 9:52 AM
Dec 2020
Wait no im so hyped for this. I think this might be my favorite this season
Apr 11, 2021 10:04 AM

Jan 2021
Pre_Yum said:
"No... Don't push him", I was gonna say and then someone did it. Wth
But, I love how he's happy about his flip phone, I guess he's the same as me in some ways. LMAO. Well, it's not bad to rewrite (or more like relive and correct the mistakes you made earlier) your life from 12 years back if you get the chance. I wonder how this will go as the story progresses. Looking forward to these gangs and stuff.
Quite an interesting start. Definitely a good one tho. The premise is pretty straightforward as well. I'm hooked.

However advanced the technology may get, the bottom line is, flip phones are "Kakkoi" XD.

When I first saw the trailer, I felt that it would be similar to Erased (Boku dake ga inai machi). It was not that similar though. Ig maybe because of the timeline it is set in?

Definitely hooked me on. Great pilot.
Apr 11, 2021 10:09 AM
Pancake

Feb 2014
Was genuinely surprised with this, hope it continues to be edge of my seat entertaining!
Apr 11, 2021 10:31 AM

Dec 2012
Ah, apparently I watched the Special Premiere first, which was a jumbled mess. Episode 1 proper actually looks pretty good so far.
Apr 11, 2021 12:02 PM

Mar 2017
That was a lot better than I was expecting! The promos made it seem like Takemichi travels back 12 years and then starts changing things for the future, but the fact that he can actually jump back and forth between past and present is going to make this so much more interesting!

2005 eh? The nostalgia! T'was the year I started Secondary school and the start of my confidence and mental health slowly being chipped away by bitchy teenage girls over the next 5 years... what I wouldn't give to time leap back to that year and change a few things
Apr 11, 2021 12:50 PM
Jul 2018
My God, that was very interesting. This show makes me very surprised by the gangs.
Apr 11, 2021 1:07 PM

Jan 2021
Its a decent first episode, the time loopy thingy plot peaked my interest so i'll hang around to see how things turn out
Apr 11, 2021 1:12 PM

Apr 2016
Nice first episode! I’m excited to see this series animated.
Apr 11, 2021 1:45 PM
Apr 2019
Promising premiere. This season is stacked, god damn. Good premise, animation is a lot better than I expected. Looking forward to the next episode
Apr 11, 2021 2:33 PM

Jun 2016
so they censured the "die rich bich" where he is the one that scratched the car with a coin. Also the little brother tells him to pick up the bottle whereas in the manga he throws it away. kek what is this.
Apr 11, 2021 4:10 PM

Oct 2008
that train scene... i thought this was gonna be another isekai...but nope! it's time leap! let's see how this can be interesting...
4/5.

Apr 11, 2021 4:29 PM

Mar 2014
Through train-kun incident he was able to travel back in time. Now I wonder, how will he go back again to save Hinata as well as Naoto? I have no idea how the story will go, but this first episode was very exciting!
Apr 11, 2021 5:49 PM

Mar 2013
I decided it to give it a try coz of its hype, and the premise also seems interesting, but for the life of me, I just can't stand those cringeass delinquent hairstyles and clothes tbh.
Apr 11, 2021 6:01 PM
Nov 2016
I don't know anything about the manga or the anime but I'm interested because according to the comments here it has Time Traveling involved and that's my favorite genre so I'm kind of looking forward to this but I haven't watched it yet because the Anime Studio that made this is the same one from Berserk (2016) so this was an instant turn off for me and now I'm skeptical about this.

I will probably give this a few more episodes to see if the ratings improve, seeing this below 8 is not giving me enough motivation to start either. If in a few more episodes I see this above 8 then I'll probably watch it.
Apr 11, 2021 7:27 PM

Aug 2015
PojoDaDon said:
Stark700 said:

Which sites list as episode 0?

Schedule clearly indicates episode 1 airs this week and I've never heard of episode 0 before.
http://cal.syoboi.jp/tid/5939#544843

https://www1.gogoanime.ai/tokyo-revengers Has episode 0
you guys are clearly analphabets, it's stated right above the episode on that site that it is a preview.
Apr 11, 2021 7:34 PM
Jul 2015
AlexConrado said:
PojoDaDon said:

https://www1.gogoanime.ai/tokyo-revengers Has episode 0
you guys are clearly analphabets, it's stated right above the episode on that site that it is a preview.
a 20+ minute preview that showed more than episode 1?
Apr 11, 2021 9:01 PM

Aug 2015
PojoDaDon said:
AlexConrado said:
a 20+ minute preview that showed more than episode 1?

Yes. It's a preview of the first two eps, why the hell would a "episode 0" show past episode 1? You guys are that dense?

what are you gonna call "episode 0" next, Anime trailers? they show past episode 1 as well, it's not even official sources calling it episode 0
Apr 11, 2021 9:03 PM

Jul 2016
First half was quite bad but thankfully, the second half with Takemichi meeting Naoto made up for it. Still kinda disappointing to find out this is actually a shounen instead of a seinen tho.

Okay start overall. Takemichi is kind of a wimp right now so let's hope he can man up and put those years of adulthood to good use when he meets those other blond delinquents.
SouthRzVaApr 11, 2021 9:07 PM
Apr 11, 2021 9:09 PM
Jan 2021
Good 🔥👍🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥
Apr 11, 2021 10:16 PM

Aug 2013
So...the love child of ReZero and Erased in a Shounen setting...great...that is underwhelming as hell. Glad Megalobox airs the same day. This was not a good pilot for me.
Don't believe the hype.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tokyo Revengers Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 18, 2021

344 by Old_wallister »»
Sep 23, 1:15 PM

Poll: » Tokyo Revengers Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 11, 2021

113 by SanessyAdversary »»
Aug 11, 8:51 PM

Poll: » Tokyo Revengers Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 4, 2021

129 by SanessyAdversary »»
Aug 11, 7:36 PM

Poll: » Tokyo Revengers Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 28, 2021

207 by SanessyAdversary »»
Aug 11, 6:05 PM

Poll: » Tokyo Revengers Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

AcceleratorAngel - Aug 21, 2021

172 by SanessyAdversary »»
Aug 11, 5:59 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.