Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Feb 14, 2021 7:28 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Well, Eris isn't going easy on Rudy during their training. I'd say that she's going pretty tough on him throughout that sparring. Almost looked like he broke a bone or two.

Not going to lie, I find the interactions between Eris and Rudy to be wildly entertaining. She's just so easy to get angered and lacking patience with him. I found this episode pretty amusing.
Feb 14, 2021 7:44 AM

Jul 2017
The Greyrat family's situation is quite the poitical struggle. Philip's wife Hilda...is quite stacked too, and the head of the household Sauros sure is beefy in his valour. Eris and Sauros...like father, like daughter. He sure knows how to spoil her to no end, giving Rudy quite the frustrated "HUH" look.

Physical swordsman skills from Ghislaine, and everything else magic from Rudy, and that's about Eris's routine work...THAT IS, if she ever listens to Rudy even at one time. Even baiting her with one of Ghislaine's stories, it's the young lady's management in the better sense.

The moment of Rudy trying to make Eris another Roxy "Holy Relic" character to teach her a lesson, NGL, it's degeneracy, but it looks awfully funny.

Giving Eris the day off in Roa, and the opportunity presents for Rudy to get an aphrodisiac. Not to worry, they can't read Rudy's handwriting so that's a clear, but with such a meagre pay, it's normalcy essentially for Rudy to inversely use the real world's monetary trait.

One of the 3 Heroes Perugius defeating the demon-god Laplace, that is a significant plot moving forward though.

Press F for that aphrodisiac...like father, like son duties of the pervertic Rudy.
KANLen09Feb 14, 2021 8:28 AM
Feb 14, 2021 8:29 AM

Jun 2019
I found Eris's grandpa a pretty funny guy. I see Rudy is still a pervert. Lol. Also, Eris's mom is beautiful and hot.
Eris is really growing on me. Rudy and Eris are going along quite well now as compared to before. Also, Rudy's perfecting his sword techniques from Ghislaine.
Feb 14, 2021 8:29 AM

Apr 2009
Wow, rudy is just like his father, sexually assaulting people in their sleep.
Feb 14, 2021 8:32 AM

Dec 2014
This was very nice, light hearted and super fun. Great episode again.

The Greyrat family certainly is quite the unique one, sounds like Philip's wife and Eris's grandfather are where Eris's fiery, feisty personality comes from. I'm kinda curious about what Philip mentioned about the Greyrat family being special beyond their political influence.

Rudy the absolute madman, making his own figurines. If I had such powers, I wouldn't have to spend so much money buying them.

Damn, Rudy was quite bold when Eris was sleeping the barn. I guess it's okay since he's a kid, though I'm curious how much of this behavior will stay with him once he grows up.

Did Rudy try to call Ghislaine Raiden at the end there? The castle in the sky looks cool, if something like that existed, who wouldn't want to travel there?
Feb 14, 2021 8:32 AM

Jan 2017
the stall guy's seriously trying to sell an aphrodisiac to a 7 y/o eh

all in all it was an enjoyable episode about Rudy trying his best to teach a kid with ADHD
Feb 14, 2021 8:33 AM

Feb 2019
So this episode actually went a bit slower than I thought, we may get 5 eps of volume 2 since they didn’t cover Eris birthday party. I’m curious why the anime seems to be making Rudy more perverted than he is. Like when he’s waking Eris up, he just felt her stomach, not tried to take her pantsu off in the LN. Directorial choice I guess just a bit odd.

Other than that, really good episode. The animation during Rudy and Eris sparring session was really cool and it’s great to see their chemistry developing.
Feb 14, 2021 8:34 AM

Aug 2020
Eris' Grandfathers's VA Nailed it! He came out exactly as what I expected from reading the manga.

The interactions between Eris and Rudy this episode were hilarious.

RIP the million yen aphrodisiac :(
clannad is the greatest piece of fiction to ever exist.
Feb 14, 2021 8:36 AM

Sep 2019
jTiKey said:

This scene is anime original. Seems like quite a few perverts are working on the show.

Here is what ACTUALLY happens in the source material:
"She wasn’t waking up. For the moment I decided to pull her shirt over her stomach so she wouldn’t catch a cold. Just as I tried to quietly slip the garment into place…
Eris’s eyes snapped open. Her gaze moved from her belly, where my hands were, up to my face. “Grrr!”
She no longer looked half-asleep. Instead, her teeth ground together as her face darkened with anger"
Feb 14, 2021 8:38 AM

Oct 2017
Now I see where Eris got her attitude from lol. Also this was cute.
Feb 14, 2021 8:39 AM

Aug 2013
Yep, young Rudeus is a perverted bastard. XD

Eris sure beat the hell out of Rudeus.

Sauros is as loud as I remember him to be in the WN.

RIP aphrodisiac. XD

Feb 14, 2021 8:41 AM
Oct 2016
Rudy, Eris, and Ghislaine all hanging out together going through their studies. Rudy teaching the ladies arithmetic and writing while Ghislaine teaches the kids swordsmanship. Even after the last episode Eris is still her little tyrant self. We see more about why with her grandfather being introduced and Eris mimicking how he acts. She's still giving Rudy the what for with her fists, chasing after him when he runs. Funny scene with them going to the market and Rudy seeing the aphrodisiac with Eris catching him. Glad for the laidback episode having the three of them learning together. Ghislaine is fun to have around and Eris keeps you on your toes with her fiery attitude. Laughed a bunch at the end with the girls pinning Rudy to make him talk.
Feb 14, 2021 8:41 AM

Apr 2013
Marinate1016 said:
So this episode actually went a bit slower than I thought, we may get 5 eps of volume 2 since they didn’t cover Eris birthday party. I’m curious why the anime seems to be making Rudy more perverted than he is. Like when he’s waking Eris up, he just felt her stomach, not tried to take her pantsu off in the LN. Directorial choice I guess just a bit odd.

Other than that, really good episode. The animation during Rudy and Eris sparring session was really cool and it’s great to see their chemistry developing.

Nah the pantsu thing did happen in both the WN and the LN (don't know about localizations in languages other than JP).

If you read the official LN western localization, it probably got removed as I hear they removed some things from the source.

The only anime original thing that happened was with the Aprophsidiac/bikyau elixir.

I guess they put it in there for a comedy gag (fine with me).

Edit: Source: https://ncode.syosetu.com/n9669bk/16/

起きないかー、しょうがないなー。

悪い子はパンツを脱がされてもしょうがないんだぞー?

と、動きやすそうなロングスカートの中にそろそろと手を差し入れようとした
、その瞬間。

カッとエリスの目が見開いた。

エリスの視線が、自分の足に触れる俺の手から、ゆぅっくりと俺の顔へ。

寝ぼけた顔がギリッという歯が鳴る音と共に変化した。

Feb 14, 2021 8:43 AM

Nov 2019
Damn. The anime is making rudeus more of a pervert than he actually is. I don’t remember him feeling Eris’s chest and taking off her panties in the novels.
Feb 14, 2021 8:45 AM

Sep 2019
hoopla123 said:
Nah the pantsu thing did happen in both the WN and the LN (don't know about localizations in languages other than JP).

Ah, actually you are right. I checked with the fan translation of web serial which I haven't seen in many years. Looks like they censored official version. I feel oddly disappointed with the author.
heitooFeb 14, 2021 8:48 AM
Feb 14, 2021 8:47 AM

Jul 2020
great episode.

I wonder why Hilda seems kinda hate Rudeus, Maybe she and Paul have a past?? Lol

I was expecting Rudeus was going to use that medicine on this ep but nah..
Feb 14, 2021 8:48 AM

Jul 2019
Probably the worst episode overall, it wasnt bad, just nothing special. Some of the interactions were pretty funny and cute so there is that (although the barn scene with rudeus and eris made my eyes bleed because of how bad it was). The visuals also fell off a bit, they were still overall higher than average, but there were times where there was some off models. The production might not be as healthy as a lot of people thought it would be, because well, there were 9 animation directors and 4 episode directors, which way too much for a series with this amount of ambition.
Feb 14, 2021 8:49 AM
Apr 2016
heitoo said:
jTiKey said:

This scene is anime original. Seems like quite a few perverts are working on the show.

Here is what ACTUALLY happens in the source material:
"She wasn’t waking up. For the moment I decided to pull her shirt over her stomach so she wouldn’t catch a cold. Just as I tried to quietly slip the garment into place…
Eris’s eyes snapped open. Her gaze moved from her belly, where my hands were, up to my face. “Grrr!”
She no longer looked half-asleep. Instead, her teeth ground together as her face darkened with anger"

No, it is not anime original scene. The official english LN translation is heavily censored, and they literally deleted this part, so poor muricans (their main target group) wouldn't get offended... Same with the aphrodisiac scene. They don't give a damn rest of the world reads LNs too.
Feb 14, 2021 8:51 AM

Dec 2014
Oh that barn scene will be the highlight topic of the MT forums for this week and maybe beyond. Heh

Maybe the past experiences of Ghislaine and Paul with their party will be shown in ovas, I hope so.

Rudeus's tears, I think he is gonna use that too, next week.
Feb 14, 2021 8:54 AM

Nov 2017
wow rudy is so awesome guys wow
sexually assaulting someone while they're sleeping and omg she woke up!!! he got punched haha!!!! god i wish i was rudy with his 1323 fucking future wives *drools*

fuck this god-awful show
"Leonardo... it wasn't, by any means, only your eyes that we welcomed into Libra."
- Klaus von Reinherz
Feb 14, 2021 8:58 AM

Jun 2020
Rudeus really pervy. Not really bothered as long as there's ANY self-improvement to come in the future in this matter. Let's see. Chill episode. People are gonna get triggered over the barn scene, but oh well, that's what people do.
This anime shit is addictive
Feb 14, 2021 8:59 AM
Jul 2018
I watched the stream, I can say this once again: THIS ANIME IS A MASTERPIECE!!! The visuals are so amazing! Every little thing is detailed! Also the plot dude!!! It's so entertaining, really!

And woah! Do you know what I find interesting?! Rudeus was asked by Eris about what those characters was, could it be... JAPANESE!? OMG!! I would like to know if others noticed Rudeus's writing too! Please spoil me, anyone who is reading the novel, pretty please!?

That ending, where Rudeus got caught and was tickled, I wasn't expecting it to end the episode like that. Now we have to wait for A WEEK again!
Feb 14, 2021 9:00 AM
Jul 2018
MegamiRem said:
Now I see where Eris got her attitude from lol. Also this was cute.
It actually was cute! But I was confused at first when Eris did that XD I thought there were cat maid cafes in that world for a second. But what I thought was completely stupid. xd
Feb 14, 2021 9:01 AM

Apr 2013
nanajp said:
I watched the stream, I can say this once again: THIS ANIME IS A MASTERPIECE!!! The visuals are so amazing! Every little thing is detailed! Also the plot dude!!! It's so entertaining, really!

And woah! Do you know what I find interesting?! Rudeus was asked by Eris about what those characters was, could it be... JAPANESE!? OMG!! I would like to know if others noticed Rudeus's writing too! Please spoil me, anyone who is reading the novel, pretty please!?

That ending, where Rudeus got caught and was tickled, I wasn't expecting it to end the episode like that. Now we have to wait for A WEEK again!

Yeah he was writing the list down in JP. Author confirmed it on twitter today as well.
Feb 14, 2021 9:04 AM
May 2015
The protag really just making it very hard to continue sometimes.. the panties while Eris is sleeping thing was just.. man. I really wanted to feel bad about his fear of going outside, but he's really just not a decent man at all. Lol.
Roses are red

violets are blue.

Omae Wa

Mou shindeiru
Feb 14, 2021 9:08 AM
Nov 2007
The worst episode so far. The pacing was off and that barn scene was horrible. It really was messed up and this is the first time in my life I am complaining on this. Rudy is legit scam and pervert. I have been seeing him as good character until this point, but today's episode drove home of how really pathetic he is. If this is a truly a mind of 40 something guy, then this is a mind of a pedophile. I have no idea how author thought that making him into pedo is a fine way to go. When he makes jokes, you kind of can sympathize with his issues, but assaulting a child in her sleep? I am no snowflake and actually enjoying Kaifuku Jutsushi no Yarinaoshi to no end, but that show protagonist is broken and twisted man and his victims are scum. What annoyed me even more, is that the show treats those items as jokes. I have this episode 3, but it should be 2. This is an episode that brought down the entire show for me.

Jul 2020
This episode was probably the most I've laughed since starting this anime. So many slapstick moments that were incredibly funny. Rudeus being perverted as usual is slightly off putting when you consider his and her age but I guess the age old 'its anime' is fine. Cant wait for next episode!
Check out my channel @Criticiza on Youtube to watch my vids ;)

Shalltear

Apr 2018
I'm starting to dislike Rudy really, if he has still his adult mind this guy is definitely weird and creepy... at least the episode was entertaining, too bad for the aphrodisiac at the end xD
Feb 14, 2021 9:12 AM

Jul 2015
With the exception of "that scene", it was a slife of life moment without any major events.

Feb 14, 2021 9:12 AM

Jul 2017
The pacing definitely felt a bit off in this episode compared to the previous ones with a rushed nature to it, and it's kinda funny how the anime's trying to make Rudeus even more horny and perverted than in the novels with new inclusions of his fucking around with Eris while she's vulnerable or oblivious. She is kind of an asshole back to him though in general so give-take? Overall, weakest episode so far from the show but then again, the whole Eris portion is just meh in general.
Feb 14, 2021 9:15 AM
Jul 2018
hoopla123 said:
Yeah he was writing the list down in JP. Author confirmed it on twitter today as well.
Woah, so I was right then! That's really amazing~! Do you know the author of this story's twitter account? I can't find it. Please tell me!
Feb 14, 2021 9:16 AM
Wings

Apr 2017
"She’s still an AA, but with diligence, she could be an E or bigger"

Rudeus, bro?
LezetFeb 18, 2021 11:11 AM
Feb 14, 2021 9:17 AM
Jun 2020
The episode was definitely really enjoyable and a nice break from the intensity of last episode.

The 'ecchi' scene is definitely gonna make another long thread again but I honestly found a some of the comedy part's pretty funny.

Some changes were made from the novel, but again the studio made it more straightforward and enjoyable.

Novel Spoilers:

Don't let the Demon-Lord plot fool you, it's definitely not gonna be another generic, Hero defeats the big bad villain kind of story.
Feb 14, 2021 9:17 AM

Apr 2013
nanajp said:
hoopla123 said:
Woah, so I was right then! That's really amazing~! Do you know the author of this story's twitter account? I can't find it. Please tell me!

https://twitter.com/magote_rihujin
Feb 14, 2021 9:19 AM
Jan 2021
Some anime had to spend a lot of effort to justify its revenge-rape scenes while this one just goes straight into sexual assaulting a minor while she sleeps.
Feb 14, 2021 9:21 AM
Apr 2016
nanajp said:
hoopla123 said:
If you look closely at his list at 17:39 (and know some basic hiragana/katakana, of course) you can see for yourself what he writes.
Feb 14, 2021 9:25 AM
Jul 2018
Thank you so much!

JanPri said:
If you look closely at his list at 17:39 (and know some basic hiragana/katakana, of course) you can see for yourself what he writes.
Oh yeah, you're right! I didn't notice that scene! Thanks a bunch!
Feb 14, 2021 9:28 AM

Oct 2013
heitoo said:
hoopla123 said:

Ah, actually you are right. I checked with the fan translation of web serial which I haven't seen in many years. Looks like they censored official version. I feel oddly disappointed with the author.

Maybe the author didn't have a choice and had to censor it.

Not going to lie though, that scene was a bit uncomfortable to watch and the episode overall was decent, but imo the weakness episode so far.
Feb 14, 2021 9:30 AM

Apr 2013
keragamming said:
heitoo said:

Not going to lie though, that scene was a bit uncomfortable to watch and the episode overall was decent, but imo the weakness episode so far.

The JP LN has the full sequence exactly the same as the WN (I own the LNs).

The localization of the LN to the west however, had it removed apparently.

Feb 14, 2021 9:33 AM

Feb 2014
This episode felt really slow but was so funny, grandpa's scream sounds like some weird engrish.
And I'm not gonna lie, I hated Eris in the last episode but now I like her a lot.
Feb 14, 2021 9:33 AM

Oct 2013
hoopla123 said:
keragamming said:

The JP LN has the full sequence exactly the same as the WN (I own the LNs).

The localization of the LN to the west however, had it removed apparently.

So then its not the author fault then?

@heitoo

Feb 14, 2021 9:38 AM

Aug 2020
This was a chill episode so we could cool off after the last one.
Feb 14, 2021 9:45 AM

Mar 2020
The relationship between Eris and Rudeus is simple. One person is on the offensive and the other is either defending or running. You should be able to guess which ones which xD.
Feb 14, 2021 9:46 AM

Nov 2016
Chill episode, could've used some Ghislaine fanservice for spice.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Feb 14, 2021 9:47 AM

Dec 2015
can they stop with the sexual assault?? it ruins the whole anime smh
Feb 14, 2021 9:52 AM
Feb 2017
Tsundere+ecchi+fantasy yet displays itself as intellectual... this anime is gem
Feb 14, 2021 9:54 AM

Apr 2020
Damn this episode was fun! Super fun indeed that it took me so long to finish the damn episode.

We now delve into the Teaching Arc where Rudy teaches our wild girl Eris on everything that she needs to learn. Too bad that our girl is pretty selfish and pretty violent that Rudy is making slow progress to her studies. When Eris said, "Please teach me magic, NYAN", I was like WTF ERIS WITH THE NYAN ADLIB. WE HAVE THE NEKO TAG MIXED WITH OUR TSUNDERE CHARACTER, ITS SO CUTE THAT IM ROCK SOLID HARDDDD RN.......that was fucking insane to watch.

Rudy though as innocent as he may seem, has the fucking audacity to grope Eris while she's sleeping. And that pause when Eris woke up and sees what Rudy is doing to her, reminds me so much on the scene when Megumin wokes up seeing Kazuma on bed with her during the Konosuba Movie. Those punches that came after are so solid amigo, Rudy deserves that ngl. "She's still Double A. But if she keeps growing, I guess she can get above E." - Rudy...

One of the most funniest yet are the scenes when Rudy wants and gotten his aphrodisiac. But sadly, Rudy dropped it due to Eris's curiosity. This has started Eris's path to womanhood and her journey to nirvana. But too sad for Rudy though, he really got excited with his aphrodisiac tool.
Feb 14, 2021 10:02 AM

May 2015
While I didn't like that Rudy molested Eris in his sleep, it was still a nice SoL episode
Feb 14, 2021 10:04 AM

Mar 2016
For me, this is a relatively nice and chill episode. As expected as Rudy: of course he's up to his perverted ways, and whether you like it or not, you're gonna get a good dose of it regularly, but it's not like he's a bad character cause of that (I think I don't need to express how much worse off as well as unbearably cringe that most other similar main protagonists are with their perverted ways as well as their development as characters). Eris obviously isn't tsundere for the sheer sake of the shitty gags and tropes you often see in anime, but because she was raised as a spoiled child for the majority of her livelihood up til now. She's never known or experienced strife, labor, or anything related, and because Rudy is her tutor and trying to get her to do something she's not used to, she naturally gets violent. She's not unsolvable, of course, but she doesn't open up easily and rightaway like with most other tsun examples.
Ghislaine has much prowess to her, but here we see another hilarious and likable side to her that is akin to childish and curious, as she doesn't know much in academics at all besides swordsmanship. Speaking of the latter, it's clear now that Rudy most likely won't be like Paul in terms of sword skills and such, and he's better off utilizing himself more as a mage, though it doesn't hurt to know a good amount of swordsmanship just in case.
We also get regular peeks and glimpses into the settings themselves, including some past history involving a hero and a demon lord (yes, it's a typical setup, but not superficially presented). I'm really curious for more of the worldbuilding in that regard, and hopefully how and why Rudy ended up in this world and PERHAPS a connection to this world and the former one he used to be in.

Solid stuff as always, despite being a step down from the intensity of last week's episode, even though I know the socially sensitive people online will obviously continue to lash out like stubborn hounds at this show's polarizing aspects.
Feb 14, 2021 10:05 AM

Apr 2020
Yo I also noticed an easter egg in this episode. Look back to Rudy's room while he's about to sleep, when he looked at his works of clay of his family back home.

Notice that Zenith and Maid Lilia looks like Ram & Rem's pose when Subaru met them for the first time. What a good reference and nod to Re:Zero man.

You can see what I'm saying at the upper left side of the picture. What a nice find and a cool detail that the animators put in.
Pages (7) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 28, 2021

447 by adoyash »»
Sep 20, 4:30 PM

» Am i missing something? ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Kenzolo-folk - Jul 1

220 by Bolona07 »»
Sep 15, 5:16 PM

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 21, 2021

480 by LightNoragami1 »»
Sep 10, 4:40 AM

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 21, 2021

301 by LightNoragami1 »»
Sep 9, 10:49 AM

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 7, 2021

364 by LightNoragami1 »»
Sep 9, 8:16 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.