Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Feb 7, 2021 11:16 AM
Sep 2018
The fight gave me real chills. It was also well portrayed how Rudeus didn't feel all that great after he saw people dying. He is on the inside somewhat of a coward.

Filip was mayor of Roa even in the WN/LN and Elis did mention her Grandpa in the anime, so Sauros wasn't cut just the scene's with him.

As for the family name Greyrat. They are a very powerful and old noble lineage. Sauros (the grandpa), Filip (son) and Elis (granddaughter) belong to the Boreas branch. Paul and Rudey belong to the Notos branch. Filip and Paul are absolutely NOT brothers. Dunno about Sauros and Pauls father ... (doubt it though)
EvilSociopath323Feb 7, 2021 11:22 AM
Feb 7, 2021 11:18 AM

Jun 2019
Another good episode. I liked how they developed the world a bit by showing more of the Greyrat family. I also liked how Eris didn’t completely drop her rude act after Rudy saved her. The action was really good too
Feb 7, 2021 11:21 AM
Jun 2013
jTiKey said:
Least perverted episode yet.

But lying and creating a fake scenario to make someone trust you is a very shitty mentor and relationship advice.

Cut the crap, the intention of that is to show her that she can't keep that attitude of her and show her that fact, by the way of "You want help? Then behave"

Eris is a spoiled and problem child, an idiot, and I love her from the bottom of my heart since I've read the novel, but she's like that now and must learn to behave

jTiKey said:
Ilogical said:
Guys I noted that Rudeus used incantations to heal Eris.

Was't he supposed to be a silent spell caster? or healing magic is more difficult that Rudeus needs to use incantations to use healing magic?

He did it to show her how to do it, because she would need an incantation.

He did it because he can't use healing magic in silence. Being able to use one type of magic in silence doesn't mean you are like that with the rest.

I'm starting to think that you don't seem to be understanding the series at all or just not focusing on it because all your comments look from someone who just watch the series to criticize the inmoral situations
Feb 7, 2021 11:26 AM

Feb 2016
This anime is so damn clean, the animation was really good. I also like how Rudy is getting more depth as a character after experiencing a near death situation.

Altter said:
KANLen09 said:

You somehow wrote all that in the 30 seconds span after the thread is created?

Why does this matter tho? He could just simply put his thoughts on a note pad, then wait for the forum to be created and paste it to comment it.
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Feb 7, 2021 11:28 AM

Feb 2019
Ah finally best girl Eris is introduced. Love her progression throughout the series.
Feb 7, 2021 11:34 AM

Apr 2016
This is my favorite anime of the season, especially since the episodes literally fly by.

Paul's words of Ghislaine's skills have been put in action immediately, and she surely delivered. It shocked our MC profoundly, staring dumbfounded at his bloodied hands, but such experiences will build his character I'm sure, and next time he won't be taking a fight or dangerous situation lightly anymore.

As for Eris, I rarely like those types of characters. Nonetheless, she redeemed herself a little when she covered her mouth to not break her promise (twice), meaning there's hope for the MC to teach her some fireworks after all.
Feb 7, 2021 11:35 AM

Sep 2014
Is there anyone Paul didn't actually get on with? Hope they actually send Zenith that letter kek.
Feb 7, 2021 11:35 AM

Apr 2020
First of all, Paul is still haunting Rudy with the letter, and goddamn that bastard managed to subdue the beast momma Ghislaine in the bed, he is a fucking BAKA-CHAD folks. Anyways...

Eris is here baby! And OMG she really is the ruckus type. Loud, rough and especially violent, Rudy already got a taste of that punch, and that made a mark on him. And since she is an uncontrollable hotpot, Rudy devised a plan to make a play in order for him to convince Eris to teach her.

It was going alright so far, until that dude hits her SO HARD and stomps her SO HARD, that after he left we just saw a BLOODIED Eris. Holy Christ that is painful to see, and what comes after that is more BRUTAL.

As they arrive in Roa, the kidnappers didn't stop there and captures Eris once again. One of Eris dad's servants was the culprit, and Rudy almost died from a sword throw. Until Ghislaine noticing the (beautiful) fireworks sweats in...lemme tell you something, I just witnessed one of the most badass and fucked up cuts of anime for a while.

When Ghislaine destroys the sword aimed at Rudy, the screen just turned NEGATIVE and our beast momma just cuts in to the two kidnappers and Their HEADS are just GONE! And this is Rudy's first taste of blood in this isekai world, as he watches a man lost his head and overflows with blood.

That could have been a traumatic moment but they managed to return home. This time, Eris finally agrees and is now Rudy's student. Who knows where we are going from there, but we do know that it's going to be a festival episode next week.
Feb 7, 2021 11:43 AM
Dec 2020
Probably the first episode that I really enjoyed. Finally something's happening other than perving.
I reallllly hope that the MC will come back and hurt/kill his father, what a scumbag
Feb 7, 2021 11:54 AM

Nov 2013
This anime would have been so much better if not for the spoilers about the characters.

Knowing this just ruins the overall experience so much...
Feb 7, 2021 11:58 AM

Jul 2017
Eris finally made an appearance. Now all 3 girls are there. Would be even more enjoyable to watch.

Rudy got his eyes open about how outside world is in this world, it's a matter of life or death, every choice and step is important. From here and out he will face more and more problem but as long as he keeps practice magic, he'd be fine.
Eris had seen his effort and now recognized and accepted him to protect him again by being by her side.

Amazing animation as always.
Sigmar-Unberogen said:
This anime would have been so much better if not for the spoilers about the characters.

Feb 7, 2021 12:03 PM
Apr 2018
Wow. Incredible episode. The fights are so incredibly animated
Feb 7, 2021 12:04 PM
Apr 2020
JanPri said:
As a LN reader, I must say I'm slightly dissapointed... The animation and the music is pretty, but the way the adapt the story could be so much better...

The world and the overall setting is so meticulously and nicely described in the LN, but the anime just omits most of the things and is more like a rundown of the most important things in the story
Tell me more please?
Feb 7, 2021 12:07 PM

Feb 2014
Firegrenade said:
Eris is annoying as fuuuuuuuuuk, kinda ruining the show for me atm :/

dont worry she gets better and better. She is definitely best gril
Around and around the cycle goes.
Feb 7, 2021 12:09 PM

Jan 2020
amazing episode, love how they showcase the gore to give rudy some more of that ptsd. fuck that's frightening
Feb 7, 2021 12:10 PM

Mar 2018
oh god I loved this episode so much

the animation was great!!! this series is a full 25 minute orgasm for an isekai lover
Feb 7, 2021 12:17 PM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
Sigmar-Unberogen said:

PlaycoolFeb 7, 2021 12:20 PM
Feb 7, 2021 12:26 PM
Oct 2016
The speed that they are rushing through the initial chapters is a little worrying but [Bind] gets a ton of credit for treating the audience as though they can follow along. It's a really fast clip - they condensed what would could have been 2, possibly 3 episodes down to 1 without losing too much of the spirit, but definitely lost a lot of the more granular details. As an example - IIRC it took them a couple of days to get back home, they didn't return in one night. (This then contributed to the anxiety of getting caught as well as reinforcing that it wasn't "just an act"). -still, masterfully truncated and summarized.

My only worry for the future is the prospect of diminished emotional weight because of the accelerated plot movement. I can see some future "payoff moments" not hitting as true because of the clip at which this plot is moving forward.

That said - the sooner the animated adaptation can get so some of the earlier plot twists and big setups and big payoffs - the sooner it can capture more of an [Anime only] Fan base. Also faster moving forward cheaper to get through what needs to be gotten through.

If the are able to adapt the entirety of the story - I won't mind at all about what was cut. - Different medium, different challenges - different standards and different business model.

I also love that they haven't botched the magic - it's perfect.
Feb 7, 2021 12:26 PM

Apr 2020
Ghislaine's a beast!!! Literally lol. So OP

To my light novel readers, does Eris grow on you? First impression of her is she's a piece of shit.
Feb 7, 2021 12:30 PM

Jan 2019
Fuckin brutal and holy shit Ghislaine beats resident evil vampire mom in every way. She was a cool
Feb 7, 2021 12:31 PM
Oct 2016
RiceKnight59 said:

To my light novel readers, does Eris grow on you? First impression of her is she's a piece of shit.

I assure you - she does - if they don't finish the full adaptation I beg of you to read the remainder (or even re-read from the beginning, as there is a lot of context missing from episode to episode). It won't be a waste of your time. Nearly all the characters in this story go through development and an arc. None of the principle cast are the same at the end of the story compared to the beginning. It's as much a coming of age story as it is anything else. I don't want to spoil anything and preserve your "first time through" perspective - but stick with it and any major character- they all change, some for the better,s ome for the worse.

Just this season you will see a change in Eris that is significant.
Feb 7, 2021 12:34 PM
Apr 2017
Yohanlie said:
Dudi4PoLFr said:
Does someone know if Studio Bind hired some talents from other studios? Because as the 1st anime of brand new studio there are absolutely killing it, that Ghislaine's scene was so f* well make!

NGL, that kick in the balls "Edward Elric style" made me laugh so hard.

This might become my new favourite isekai ever, I hope that we will get S2 fast because just 11 episodes are not enough!

as far as i know
they also hiring ex-white fox staff animation that doing best work for Rezero at season 1

Not really "ex-staff" they ARE white fox staff.

Whitefox is even credited in the show.
Feb 7, 2021 12:36 PM
Sep 2020
Sigmar-Unberogen said:

They aren't blood related at all, the Greyrat last name is really complicated
Feb 7, 2021 12:38 PM
Apr 2016
Unalina said:
JanPri said:
As a LN reader, I must say I'm slightly dissapointed... The animation and the music is pretty, but the way the adapt the story could be so much better...

The world and the overall setting is so meticulously and nicely described in the LN, but the anime just omits most of the things and is more like a rundown of the most important things in the story
Tell me more please?
This is probably just me bitching, but if you want to know:

If you haven't read the LN you, for example, don't have any idea where does this exactly take place (Central continent -> Asura Kingdom -> Fittoa Region -> Buena village (ep 1-4) and now the largest settlement of Fittoa "Citadel of Roa"), don't know many of the legends, background informations, and overall the anime skips basically anything that deepens the world and focuses just solely on Rudy (even the POVs of different characters were largely shortened or - in Zenith's case - completely ommited so far), the magic and the sword styles are very simplified, whereas in the LN it's one of the main focuses (especially in the several first volumes) and so on and so forth...

This episode was alright (even though they cut one one character and everything was rather shortened), but since they probably going to adapt this volume just in
episodes, they're going to skip even more stuff compared to the first 4 episodes that adapted the 1st volume.

I write a LN/anime comparison for every episode on reddit, so you can try to look for it if you want to see exactly what am I talking about
JanPriFeb 7, 2021 12:42 PM
Feb 7, 2021 12:41 PM

Oct 2017
For people complaining about adaptation, do it better. It's a show, it's an anime, it's just 20 minutes what do you want? a 1 hour movie a week?

You have to cut the boring and unnecessary parts, if you want to know more, read the light novel. They are different media.

Be grateful for something you read about being transformed into anime and with this level of quality, there are so many other works that are in limbo and don't get an anime adaptation. Or they receive an adaptation with horrible quality.

Also; THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
There are a lot of people talking about the LN here, this is extremely unnecessary and will ruin the experience for many people.
ChanbaraFeb 7, 2021 12:44 PM
Feb 7, 2021 12:42 PM
Apr 2017
The brat got rekt lmao
Feb 7, 2021 12:46 PM
Sep 2020
Ever feel like your watching a classic in the making
Feb 7, 2021 12:46 PM
Dec 2019
This was an excellent episode once again, a new girl named Eris is introduced, Rudeus will start teaching her in order to earn the savings to go to the magic university. Also it was cute how he still remembers about paying the magic university for two people(Sylphiette and him) it shows that he still has her on his mind. The gore in this episode was very graphic too, i consider it a positive things that the show won't shy away from showing violence when it's newded. Also Rudeus is realizing that he is and lives in this world, the past world is already in the past and he should take care of himself and deal with all the possible threats that could present themselves.
Feb 7, 2021 12:50 PM

Dec 2014
Heh, Rudeus finally met best girl Eris.
And is that the Longsword of Light used by Ghislaine against the baddies. Very awesome.
Feb 7, 2021 12:52 PM
Oct 2016
JanPri said:
Unalina said:
Tell me more please?
This is probably just me bitching, but if you want to know:

If you haven't read the LN you, for example, don't have any idea where does this exactly take place (Central continent -> Asura Kingdom -> Fittoa Region -> Buena village (ep 1-4) and now the largest settlement of Fittoa "Citadel of Roa"), don't know many of the legends, background informations, and overall the anime skips basically anything that deepens the world and focuses just solely on Rudy (even the POVs of different characters were largely shortened or - in Zenith's case - completely ommited so far), the magic and the sword styles are very simplified, whereas in the LN it's one of the main focuses (especially in the several first volumes) and so on and so forth...

This episode was alright (even though they cut one one character and everything was rather shortened), but since they probably going to adapt this volume just in
episodes, they're going to skip even more stuff compared to the first 4 episodes.

I write a LN/anime comparison for every episode on reddit, so you can try to look for it if you want to see exactly what am I talking about

I don't exactly like it myself but it's better than not being able to adapt the entire series. They can't Legend of the Galactic Heros the series even through it has enough content to be that long without filler. I'd even say for those interested and are liking the anime so far - go ahead and read ahead in the LN - the payoffs are greater you then get to see the "Visualization" of the events as they come along.

From what I've seen of what and how they cut content to make the anime work - the further into the story we get in the Anime - the more it will "hurt" why the story is so great. Later on there are perspective changes with different visual context of the same event - some of these perspective changes and seeing the same moment being told by two different perspectives are the absolute biggest payoffs in the story. I simply do not see (with the current pacing methodology) how they are going to replicate this. They are going to condense the 2 perspectives into 1 - in more than one occasion and it will rob the setup - payoff of some scenes, I can think of at least 3 right now.

Feb 7, 2021 12:56 PM

Jan 2008
The amount of detail they put into how Ghislaine ran from roof to roof was insane. That is exactly how I imagine a beast-woman running.

Also: Money cannot buy dere!

So true. He knew what was coming.
Feb 7, 2021 1:00 PM
Oct 2016
Blank_X said:
VP2003boi said:

Feb 7, 2021 1:01 PM
Oct 2018
what the heck was that.... this show is crazzzzyyyyyyy
Feb 7, 2021 1:21 PM
Dec 2020
Hopefully this isn't like not allowed but is anyone having trouble watching this episode on funimation? It says that it's not available when I try watching it 😭😭
Feb 7, 2021 1:26 PM
Nov 2007
Not a novel reader and seems many are stating that they are rushing, but I love this pace. Every episode fast paced and very interesting. In this amazing season this is the one of the best shows.

P.S. What an incredible anime season we are having huh? The best one in history or too soon to talk about it?
Feb 7, 2021 1:35 PM

Jun 2015
Best girl Eris is here!!

Also, "Money cannot buy dere". I assure you my fellow friends, Eris' dere is worth your fortune. She's freakin' hot once she gets over her violent behavior toward Rudeus and replace it with something else more... innocently wholesome. Definitely an anime girl who is worth simping for.
YosepRAFeb 7, 2021 1:39 PM
Feb 7, 2021 1:40 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
Hoping for a lot more of Ghislaine in the future ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Feb 7, 2021 1:56 PM
Mar 2015
Congrats After 40 years you got your 1st job
Feb 7, 2021 2:01 PM

Apr 2018
It only took 5 episode for BEST GIRL to debut. :D
Feb 7, 2021 2:14 PM

Apr 2014
JanPri said:
AdrianRubinsky said:
The studio didn't tone down the gore. Rudeus got his first experience how harsh is the outside world. PSTD

They did, Eris was supposed to be vomiting blood there

Yeah there was even some teeth there. I forgot how bad the beating Eris got in that scene lol

Feb 7, 2021 2:18 PM

Feb 2016
RiceKnight59 said:

Same here, that's exactly my first impression of her when I read the light novel the first time. Luckily she became best girl not so long later.
Feb 7, 2021 2:19 PM

Apr 2014
It still feels surreal to finally see this novel get finally animated and seeing my favorite characters animated. I hope the pacing and animation is still as great until the ending and this would be instant classic.
Also love what they did with the effects of Sword and magic really nailed how powerful these two styles can get later in story.
I always thought sword styles was kind of underwhelming in the novel and thought there was no way Sword can compare to magic other than some characters but Ghislaine doing those slashes erased some of those doubts

Feb 7, 2021 2:21 PM

Apr 2014
RiceKnight59 said:

Yeah. Keep in mind the characters grow as a person along with their age.
Thought she was a huge POS as well in the beginning and now I'm confused on who I like more.

Feb 7, 2021 2:30 PM
Jul 2011
Rob7 said:
Ilogical said:
Guys I noted that Rudeus used incantations to heal Eris.

Was't he supposed to be a silent spell caster? or healing magic is more difficult that Rudeus needs to use incantations to use healing magic?

He just is capable to use chantless magic with the 4 elementals, what he learnt when he was younger.

Specficially, he can use attacking magic chantless, but not healing or summoning. He never practiced healing or summoning when he was young enough to get a feel for it, so he can't do it chantless.

WagglesFeb 7, 2021 2:35 PM
Feb 7, 2021 2:35 PM

Aug 2019
god damn seeing her get her head stomped on made me feel a little queasy not gonna lie but regardless I really enjoyed this episode
snowykevinFeb 7, 2021 2:39 PM
Feb 7, 2021 2:38 PM

Feb 2015
The production and animation in this episode was absolutely stellar. By far the best episode so far. Love this show
Feb 7, 2021 2:40 PM
Jul 2018
was confused last episode but looks like it turned out alright and he still gonna be able to go to the academy place. also, damn those fight scenes were sick; animation so good in this anime. eris pretty cute
Feb 7, 2021 2:47 PM
Oct 2016
snowykevin said:
god damn seeing her get her head stomped on made me feel a little queasy not gonna lie but regardless I really enjoyed this episode

Feb 7, 2021 2:58 PM

Jun 2015
Oh boy! When he sent up what was basically a firework and muscle cat women came in. Slow motion oncoming death sword twirling and all. You could just feel the energy radiating from the scene. Absolutely awesome.
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Feb 7, 2021 3:17 PM

Apr 2013
Okay, that episode was really cool.
The protag gained points with me for being inventive and sticking with the no direct violence option he originally decided on until the end, and man some of the scenes in there were brutal outside of it, which makes a perfect contrast between him and the other, between the beating of that young lady and the final killing.
Best episode so far I think. Also damn the animation, background, and character design quality stays that high for the anime after 5 episodes; that's very rare for a LN adaptation. NGL, I wish some of my favourite LNs had that kind of treatment when they got adapted.
Pages (8) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 28, 2021

447 by adoyash »»
Sep 20, 4:30 PM

» Am i missing something? ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Kenzolo-folk - Jul 1

220 by Bolona07 »»
Sep 15, 5:16 PM

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 21, 2021

480 by LightNoragami1 »»
Sep 10, 4:40 AM

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 21, 2021

301 by LightNoragami1 »»
Sep 9, 10:49 AM

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 14, 2021

301 by LightNoragami1 »»
Sep 9, 9:52 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.