Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Oct 19, 2020 5:05 AM

Jul 2014
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Damn that was an amazing adaptation. Ufo keeps outdoing their previous works.
Was a bit surprised at the start as it wasnt in the manga iirc, Ubuyashiki with his wife walking down that graveyard full of dead demon slayers.
Movie made the scenes more dramatic as hell, they prolonged a lot of fights, like Enmu V Tanjirou and especially Rengoku V Akaza, that was long af, and we actually get to see Akaza landing hits, it was such an even fight, cant get over how much Ishida fit Akaza's voice, they really getting top tier seiyuu's.
Overall an amazing adaptation to the infinity train arc.
Oct 19, 2020 9:15 AM

Aug 2010
The final fight scene was absolutely stunning, top contender for best animated fight scene of all time for sure. Great movie despite the fact that the story was just your typical "set up a strong villain" shonen arc.
Hyped for the next season already.

Also, Nezuko was best imouto as always :P
My YouTube channel, where I do unboxings and show off my anime collection, merchandise, and other swag:
https://www.youtube.com/user/TCTriangle
Oct 19, 2020 9:34 AM
Apr 2020
Do we get the flashback scene where he sees his mother?
Oct 19, 2020 10:12 AM

Oct 2013
elmooo9 said:

I haven't seen the movie yet (I'm waiting for the Blu-ray release that I'm planning to order when it will be available to be ordered), but I read that this scene has been adapted in the movie, yes.
Oct 19, 2020 10:56 AM

May 2015
elmooo9 said:
Everything from the manga was adapted yes. Naturally, the anime expanded on details to fill the full runtime

Oct 20, 2020 1:18 AM

Jul 2015
Now, we are waiting for sequel. I'm 99% sure there will be.

Oct 20, 2020 5:36 AM

Aug 2007
Holy shit.

Ufotable OUTDID themselves! This was like KnT ep 19 levels of hype but 2 hours long instead of 23 minutes. Animation was so gorgeous and I didn't think I would cry watching a KnT movie. Amazing.

Really well deserved of the massive amount of ticket sales the movies is getting. I want to watch it again
CheezyOct 20, 2020 5:44 AM
Oct 23, 2020 2:39 AM
Feb 2019
Goddamn stop it guys, you're hyping me up way too much for this movie that I won't watch anytime soon because the BD will probably come out in around 10 months or something, they will probably milk this movie as much as they can before they release it in BD.
Oct 23, 2020 6:08 AM

Oct 2020
I have never been more hyped about an anime movie till now.

Cheezy said:
Holy shit.

Ufotable OUTDID themselves! This was like KnT ep 19 levels of hype but 2 hours long instead of 23 minutes. Animation was so gorgeous and I didn't think I would cry watching a KnT movie. Amazing.

Really well deserved of the massive amount of ticket sales the movies is getting. I want to watch it again

Don't want to spoil myself from reading ahead in the manga but would you say it's 50/50 fight/talk?

Oct 23, 2020 4:46 PM
日野森雫

Apr 2019
wow, you lucky people be in japan watching these movies before everyone else lol!
Oct 23, 2020 6:02 PM

Aug 2010
Arkaisen said:
Don't want to spoil myself from reading ahead in the manga but would you say it's 50/50 fight/talk?

In terms of runtime, yes, but since it's Kimetsu no Yaiba there is a lot of talking/thinking during fights as well.
My YouTube channel, where I do unboxings and show off my anime collection, merchandise, and other swag:
https://www.youtube.com/user/TCTriangle
Oct 28, 2020 6:01 AM

Jul 2007
Pretty typical shounen jump, but the animation was really outstanding.
Akaza looks like Gaara and even has the same voice actor lol
Also Tanjirou has super vision reading that he is upper 3 in his eye from that distance :)

At the end, some girls in the audience were crying very loud...

(OT I'm personally hyped for Gintama the Final after seeing the trailer.. ahhhh)
Nov 1, 2020 4:10 AM
May 2010
Great animation and ending song (loving new LiSA album), story is just your typical shounen. Frankly, the whole almost 2 hours goal was only to make people cry imo (and show some cool art/animation).

I am not say it is bad, but definitely overhyped af.
Nov 3, 2020 10:19 AM

Oct 2016
Ahem-

Thank you for listening to my speech
Nov 22, 2020 5:03 AM

Aug 2018
Ufotable has really outdone themselves with this Kimetsu no Yaiba movie. Enjoyed it from start to finish. Looking forward to the next season.
Nov 26, 2020 9:06 AM
Aug 2019
Just watched the movie. It was great, I knew what was coming since I read the manga, it was emotional but I didn't cry. I heard some people crying.

If anyone was wondering the movie ended in chapter 66.

As a manga reader ufotable adapted it beautifully, I'm satisfied.

Dec 8, 2020 5:35 AM

Dec 2020
Kimetsu no Yaiba: Mugen Ressha hen
Story - 8/10
Characters - 10/10
Music - 10/10
Animation - 10/10
Emotion - 10/10
Total - 9.6/10

This movie is a masterpiece.

On the final note, I'd like to confess.
Yes, I cried. I cried like a baby.
This is one of the three shounen anime that made me cried (OP and Gintama being the other two).
ren0080Dec 8, 2020 10:28 AM

I wasted all my time in rewatching to the point of my rewatch total is higher than my overall anime total lmao
Dec 9, 2020 3:30 PM
Jul 2018
I thoroughly enjoyed this movie. Overall score: 95%
There’s a bad quality version of the movie on GogoAnime.
Apparently some unknown user from Singapore uploaded it.
removed-userDec 9, 2020 3:34 PM
Dec 10, 2020 4:25 PM

May 2018
It was amazing. I watched a camrip so I had bad quality but I am going to watch it in my cinema and buy the Bluray. The voice acting, the CGI, the animation, the music. EVERYTHING is spot on. For me it is a masterpiece!

►"The deeper the darkness the more dazzling the light shines." ◄
►"As you live you lose reasons and hope. But as you keep on going, you pick up new reasons and hope."◄
►"If I don’t stand up here… If I don’t reach higher here… When am I ever going to do it?"◄
Dec 11, 2020 5:40 AM

Nov 2015
9, no explain how upper demon appear and no after credit
I think the most scariest scene is Tanjirou almost
Dec 12, 2020 3:33 AM
Nov 2020
Probably one of the best quality anime I've ever seen, The fight scene was amazing
ZSPFXApr 21, 2021 6:51 PM
Dec 14, 2020 1:31 PM
Dec 2020
Finally, this movie was released in my country (in Asia) since last weekend, and surprisingly, almost all the reaction/review for it are very positive from both fan and non-fan/just casual movie goers.
Many people who are not into anime much (to be honest, anime movies often don't do well in my country box office) still really like it after watching.
----------------
My reviews:
_Visual and sound: no need to talk more. 10/10.
_Content: Reasonable framed. Handle sittuations properly. No random asspull power-up. Character developments are there, nice. The producer team knows how to choose the starting point and end point so that audience in general can enjoy the movie. Through out the movie, there are good meanings and messages that can resonate well with audience (especially for Japanese people due to culture and lifestyle I think). 8.5/10
Overall: 9.25/10
Already watched it 3 times, and continue to watch it again 1 or 2 more times I think.
tcdanhjpnDec 14, 2020 1:46 PM
Dec 14, 2020 1:53 PM
Dec 2020
Whateverlife said:

Dec 15, 2020 10:52 AM

Dec 2016
OMG! This movie was an emotional trainwreck! ;-; The feels!! And that demon controlling the whole train and giving peaceful dreams was a huge pain in the neck >>; I was surprised to see our cute Nezuko trying to wake up her brother and hurting herself in the progress (+little painful tears showing) ;w;

Such a spectacular masterpiece! Rengoku didn't need to die this way, it was a very sad moment especially when everyone (near) cried for him TT~TT

[*]My Completed List
[*]♪Listen ►
[/list][/left]
Dec 15, 2020 4:59 PM

Sep 2018
When is the soundtrack out? I need the official version of Akaza vs Rengoku so bad
Dec 16, 2020 5:57 AM
Community Mod
Peacemaker

Jan 2017
This thread has been cleaned of "where to watch" posts and baiting.

Please don't ask where to watch the movie since that may lead to illegal links being provided, which is against MAL Guidelines.
anime-primeDec 16, 2020 7:57 AM
Dec 16, 2020 9:09 AM
Dec 2020
PhantomTom said:
When is the soundtrack out? I need the official version of Akaza vs Rengoku so bad

There is fan made version on youtube already.
Dec 16, 2020 11:35 AM

Sep 2018
tcdanhjpn said:
PhantomTom said:

Yeah that has worked for me so far but it feels weird somehow, idk how to explain
Dec 16, 2020 1:15 PM

May 2015
PhantomTom said:
tcdanhjpn said:

Yeah that has worked for me so far but it feels weird somehow, idk how to explain
No vocals is an obvious. Guitar rif
PhantomTom said:
tcdanhjpn said:

No vocals for one and guitar riffs aren't quite heavy enough

Dec 17, 2020 5:24 AM

Jan 2015
Holy mother of god, what an amazing movie.
There’s no need to tell yall how beautiful the animation was throughout the whole movie, you already know that. Everyone got their little spotlights.
I’m so impressed by this adaption.

Cried like a god damn baby, easily a 10 out of 10
Dec 17, 2020 9:22 AM

Jan 2018
Omg this movie was amazing! Everything was so good about it and I managed to watched it by the camrip but do plan on watching it again when Bluray gets released!

Overall I got so emotional and this is a perfect 10/10

Dec 18, 2020 11:35 AM
Jul 2018
that was so beautiful i cried 5 times and i'm emotionally damaged.

10/10
Dec 26, 2020 6:26 PM

Jan 2009
its awesome that Tanjiro keeps doing suicide in his dreams to wake up again lol

Rengoku would surely win if Akaza does not have regeneration ability

its not clear in the manga what kind of power Akaza has but this movie shows his fighting skills is about air attacks or air pressure attacks

Rengokus willpower is awesome until the end he almost killed Akaza but damn the sun did not rise fast enough though so RIP Rengoku youre the best bro and you did your duty well

P.S. the mother of Rengoku is beautiful
Dec 26, 2020 6:51 PM
Jun 2015
deg said:
its awesome that Tanjiro keeps doing suicide in his dreams to wake up again lol

Rengoku would surely win if Akaza does not have regeneration ability

its not clear in the manga what kind of power Akaza has but this movie shows his fighting skills is about air attacks or air pressure attacks

Rengokus willpower is awesome until the end he almost killed Akaza but damn the sun did not rise fast enough though so RIP Rengoku youre the best bro and you did your duty well

P.S. the mother of Rengoku is beautiful

That scence about Rengoku mother soul appears near the end tho.... ninjia cutting onions.
Dec 29, 2020 1:57 AM
Jan 2015
I just watched the whole movie and I freaking cried like a baby.
Dec 30, 2020 5:17 PM
Jul 2018
I really enjoyed this movie. Although the english subtitles for the translation I was watching were crappy. It's a shame that Rengoku died. I didn't know how I was going to feel about him in the beginning since he seemed too overly energetic. But I grew to like him as I got to learn more about his upbringing and his values. RIP
Jan 1, 2021 11:51 PM
Apr 2020
RENGOKU TTTT⌓TTTT

Jan 2, 2021 2:28 PM

Nov 2016
Despite watching the camrip, it was still an emotional ride and this kind of quality for a shounen arc is just phenomenal. Hope theaters reopen in February so that I can rewatch the movie in it's full glory.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jan 6, 2021 3:21 AM

Apr 2020
Man, this movie is so great!

Akaza's regeneration power is really troublesome for Rengoku, and the battle scenes are really great!

Man, I cried when I saw Rengoku die T_T, when I left the cinema I felt an emptiness in my heart, I'm a person who didn't read the manga, I was very surprised to see Rengoku die, damn.

Overall 9/10!
Jan 7, 2021 1:21 AM

Apr 2017
ufotable animation is outstanding , all the action scene always make me goosebumps o.o
Moe is Love ! Moe is Life !
Jan 7, 2021 1:23 AM
Jun 2019
The determination and vigor from rengoku really set my body on fire
Jan 7, 2021 2:33 AM

Jul 2016
Im so in love with this movie, omg. please read my review on this movie if you guys have some spare time ^^
Jan 8, 2021 6:30 PM

Apr 2018
I'm not going to write an essay here but this adaptation was top notch.

The only thing that I think encapsulates what that movie did perfectly was that last scene with Tanjirou when he shouts at the demon.
(It was already a great scene in the manga but still)

That moment he sees his mentor defeated but still strong to his ideals.
His opponent running away like a coward after failing one of the only thing he was there to do.

Everything in this moment was amazingly done and the crying minutes that follows are just the cherry on the cake.

Ufotable outdid themselves again (VAs, musics, CGI, storytelling) and I can't be more hyped for the future adaptation.

あんた馬鹿?
Jan 9, 2021 8:32 AM
Jul 2018
Fricking awesome. Rengoku fight was the best thing I have ever seen in the whole 2020. Music was 10/10. Oh boy Rengoku... goosebumps man...
Jan 9, 2021 10:34 AM
Oct 2020
tcdanhjpn said:
Whateverlife said:

Pretty sure akaza was there looking for the flower when he sensed tanjiro and co.
Jan 9, 2021 8:46 PM

Mar 2016
Watched the website and theatrical release.

I got bored when i watched it in the big screen. There's a huge difference when you watch it on your phone than in a crowd. Most jokes didnt land. Emotional scenes feel obligatory in this series when you know it's coming. Fight scenes are great only in the third arc, when the hidden boss came up and fight the heroes. Characters like zenitsu is underlacking in action scenes, also nezuko is there to aid the main cast but she did the bare minimum. Inosuke and tanjiro combo is good to see, it shines most in the climax fight with enmu.

There's a couple problem shown in the film and source material that's bothering me. We never directly told where the train is heading to, so it feels so slow even when we reach the 2nd act without a precise time. Thankfully this is balanced with the dream sequences where the scenery changes and often shifts so it doesnt feel repetitive being inside a narrow set like a train corridor, at night on top of that, as they can only offer limited setting and camera work. It's obvious they have more creative choices once we're outside the train. The story also progress with a higher stake after we got to a more threatening opponent. The tension rises, and we finally see the main star of the battle.

The fight is exciting and thrilling, with one side pursuing akaza's neck while the other keeps persuading him to throw his humanity. Both an interesting internal conflict since they both have deep roots reasoning, the pillar of their characters. Rengoku rejects the idea of crossing that line to become an immortal being, while akaza has already threw that idea, but still seeking human, an inferior being in his eyes to join him. The conclusion is also done beautifully, proving us a strong point about how terrifying an upper demon can be, and how long our main cast journey to reach a level where they can fight on the same footing.

In the end with it's flaws and strong points, i still think this isnt a film where you really have to watch it in a cinema to enjoy. It's a solid adaptation, but it'll work as well even if it was a seasonal anime, as i feel like i was watching a regular kny episode with extra setup. But if they ever plan another movie, the red light district arc suits more with it's interesting location, also the casts have a more active roles. Again, kny anime adaptation itself already has high production value so it isnt necessary to adapt future arcs into a movie. For now it's a 7/10 movie.
Jan 10, 2021 9:42 AM

Dec 2016
Progyan said:
tcdanhjpn said:

Pretty sure akaza was there looking for the flower when he sensed tanjiro and co.

No. Looking for the flower was his main job. However Muzan gave him order to head to the train to kill Tanjirou. So it not that he was looking for the flower when he sense teh group, Muzan directly gave him order to drop everything nad go to kill Tanjirou. Muzan was mad latter on cause Akaza only manage to kill a Pillar, not all the Demon SLayer on the train, including Tanjirou.
Jan 10, 2021 11:17 AM
Oct 2020
ExaltedChampion said:
Progyan said:

No. Looking for the flower was his main job. However Muzan gave him order to head to the train to kill Tanjirou. So it not that he was looking for the flower when he sense teh group, Muzan directly gave him order to drop everything nad go to kill Tanjirou. Muzan was mad latter on cause Akaza only manage to kill a Pillar, not all the Demon SLayer on the train, including Tanjirou.
Ouu. It's been so long since I read it that I might have forgotten. Also the manga isn't that appealing to me so that might be a reason too.
Jan 11, 2021 7:18 AM

May 2020
Just watch it in cinema an hour ago and this is masterpiece. 10/10
Jan 14, 2021 12:34 PM

Aug 2012
The animation and the character of Rengoku in the first 20 minutes was pretty bad, so I can understand why some people severely under voted this. That being said the rest of the movie is solid even though it has a bit too much bad CGI for my taste. Considering the manga is done for quite some time the time and effort they put in this movie that was so so they could have started a second season. As one would say the best is yet to come. The movie played more like an extended episode. The end with Kokushiboand and Muzan would have been better suited for a movie. But still not bad.
tcdanhjpn said:
Whateverlife said:

nightcrawlercypJan 14, 2021 12:40 PM
Pages (8) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» So the movie was pointless? ( 1 2 )

ibm30rpg - Sep 26, 2021

60 by Early_Morning »»
Jan 7, 11:31 PM

Poll: » Movie or show?

Fishb0i - May 28, 2023

24 by Fishb0i »»
Aug 3, 2023 2:48 AM

» enmu

blaze_sir - Apr 26, 2023

11 by NotScout70 »»
Apr 28, 2023 8:17 AM

» Plot hole? Or me being ignorant. (Spoilers)

lFrogs - Mar 26, 2022

13 by Ridzaxster »»
Jan 25, 2023 11:34 PM

» for people who have watched the movie vers of mugen only!!

b3llamy - Jan 4, 2022

15 by crystal_yuy »»
Jan 22, 2023 6:02 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.