Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Oct 16, 2020 4:59 PM
Jul 2018
RocketeerZ said:
Nobara and Shin from “Dorohedoro" would be best friends if they met.

Agreed. Both have similar personalities IMO. Really funny :D
I already love this series. Setting reminds me of Tokyo Ravens so much. Even characters. But not rip-off. Full of uniqueness.
Oct 16, 2020 5:02 PM

Feb 2014
The first two episode were just "good enough" for me, but this one, and with the introduction of Nobara, was so damn good and entertaining, I adore her already, she is so funny, stong and also quite sexy, her interactions with our protaginist are pure gold, if she keeps having this much protagonism this show may became one of my favorites of the season.
Oct 16, 2020 5:24 PM

Mar 2020
New character,yay. Nobara's a weird one indeed and that is why she fits in the Jujutsu Tech's first year team cause everyone is weird.

The animation is crazy good with a cool soundtrack that fits the theme of show. I do want this show to become more interesting cause one episode curse killing can't go all the way until the end so I hope this is just the build up until the long term curse battle. I did like the cliffhanger now I'm interested to see what happens next.

Great episode :)

Oct 16, 2020 5:55 PM

Jun 2014
Look I know Naruto comparisons are old and overplayed but I can't help but think of Team 7 when I see this squad of first years plus Gojo lol. Although I would say that the only ones who are even remotely similar to their Team 7 equivalent would be Fushiguro (stoic and serious like Sasuke) and Gojo (lighthearted and relaxed/chill but is actually, I'm assuming, a badass like Kakashi).
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Oct 16, 2020 6:08 PM

Dec 2014
Great episode again.

Liking Nobara already, loving all the facial expressions, goes well with the humor. Action scenes continue to be great.
I really liked the scene when Gojou mentioned that Itadori has a few nuts lose with the way he adapted so quickly to the supernatural and that he wants to test if Nobara has a few screws loose as well.

What was with the foreboding text towards the end? Someone's gonna die next episode? Somehow I can't imagine that happening but the show is always welcome to surprise me.

Itadori and Nobara have a good dynamic, they play off each other well. Also, Itadori is absolutely right, why would you not go to the revolving sushi place?
Oct 16, 2020 6:40 PM

Sep 2017
Is really Japan really that xenophobic to Japanese ppl from Tokyo? Imma go ahead and press x to doubt on that one.
Oct 16, 2020 7:57 PM
Mar 2018
dedeogbe said:
kaiser17 said:
Direction is amazing here. Mad respect for director eventhough he screwed god of highschool.

The director didn’t ruin GOH, the script writer did. It’s the main difference between this and GOH. The series compositor actually knows what the hell they’re doing as opposed to the person they got for GOH, whose other work of note was bloody Sonic X. The thing was doomed from the start.

More like Crunchyroll did for all three of the webtoon adaptations so far. They are the ones who decided the number of episodes to be 13 and the ones who decided how far the anime will go while the studios (Telecom, Mappa and Production IG) are simply producing it and trying their best to adapt the chapters with the limited number of episodes given.

Had CR given them more episodes to work with, I can bet that TOG and GOH would be received much better.

You can clearly see the difference between a CR and Toho production here.
Oct 16, 2020 8:24 PM

Apr 2020
the third part of the OT3 is here hahahkjghk

ฅ•ω•ฅ

Oct 16, 2020 8:26 PM
Nov 2019
Immediately loved the chemistry btw the 3 first-years, I haven't been this attached to a shounen for sometime.
Oct 16, 2020 9:12 PM

Dec 2013
I love seeing Itadori and the new girl getting overly excited about being in Tokyo.

Yeah I'm already liking the new girl a lot but her backstory so far was meh. The country town being so heavily against someone just because she's from the city feels a little forced.
Oct 16, 2020 9:14 PM
Feb 2020
I liked, the ending now makes more sense why she has loads of bags
I can already see the trio falling into the classic roles 😁
Oct 16, 2020 9:19 PM

Feb 2018
fuwahfuwaaaaaah said:
Nobara flashback caught me off guard, like whaaaaaaat is this flashback doing here this early? It wasn't shown in the manga until later chapters, you know like last week's chapter? Not that it's bad though, it just felt somewhat weird because of what comes after.
MrCreepyAvss said:
I didn't expect nobara's flashback to be presented so early, but alright

the chemistry of the first-years is really enjoyable

Huh? Nobara flashback about Saori was always there since early chapters and her introduction. you just got bias because latest manga chapter
Oct 16, 2020 9:21 PM

Feb 2018
z00nex said:
Wait, there are only 3 first years right? Does that mean one of them is going to die in the next episode?

YES. one of the first year die. they doesn't lie about what written on episode ending
Oct 16, 2020 9:52 PM

Jan 2013
Already loving this! This episode was really great. What a trio ahahah And Yuuji fits really well with Nobara. She's quite good too but Yuuji is just a beast.

That prison scene can't be about them...c'mon, it just started.
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Oct 16, 2020 9:54 PM

Jun 2019
Another good episode. The cast is looking pretty good with everyone having some interesting abilities. Also both the OP and ED are great which is the cherry on top. This looks like it has the highest ceiling of all the new anime series this season.
Oct 16, 2020 9:55 PM

May 2019
Didn't enjoy this episode as much as the last, but served as a good introduction to the female character.
Oct 16, 2020 10:00 PM
Jul 2018
I love the Yuuji and Nobara duo, their little relationship is mega funny!
Oct 16, 2020 10:12 PM

Aug 2015
So this is Ao no Exorcist, but more buddhist/japanese instead of the European take of that series.

Honestly, this is team 7 with a few more steps: Yuuji is kinda Naruto but better, the other dude is your typical black haired stoic dude and the girl is annonying. Is pretty obvious Kakashi will be the highlight of the show, personality wise. The animation is pretty good. I like it a lot.

The backstory was extremely meh.
Oct 16, 2020 10:25 PM

Oct 2016
Pretty good episode, and with that the main cast has been established. Nobara is awesome and also a dork in fact this whole team is just a bunch of dorks, a bunch of strong dorks that is lmao.

Animation as always is top notch, at this point we shouldn't worry anymore about animation quality because Mappa will surely deliver in that department. And so far, this show has been adapted perfectly. Keep it up Mappa.
Oct 16, 2020 10:29 PM

Nov 2014
thebrentinator24 said:
Look I know Naruto comparisons are old and overplayed but I can't help but think of Team 7 when I see this squad of first years plus Gojo lol. Although I would say that the only ones who are even remotely similar to their Team 7 equivalent would be Fushiguro (stoic and serious like Sasuke) and Gojo (lighthearted and relaxed/chill but is actually, I'm assuming, a badass like Kakashi).
i don't blame you for comparing them. you'll soon realize how vastly different they are. Like how

G_Spark233 said:
Yeah I'm already liking the new girl a lot but her backstory so far was meh. The country town being so heavily against someone just because she's from the city feels a little forced.

small towns usually have tight communities and anyone coming from outside are seen as outsiders and are not easily accepted. so if the townspeople are as judgmental as Nobara's town is, then I'm not surprised that they would do this to Saori.
Oct 16, 2020 10:38 PM

Jul 2020
I liked the episode. Looks like Nobara would have a slightly bitchy attitude. Can't wait to see some sweet side from her in the future. Animation and the soundtrack was both on point. I hope MAPPA can continue this level of quality because they're really nailing it.

I accept random friend requests!
Oct 16, 2020 10:39 PM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Hmm for people who haven't been to large cities Tokyo can indeed be quite impressive. Nobara's little talk with that scout sure was funny. She sure doesn't lack in self confidence huh. Yuji and Nobara though sure are like oil and fire though. The op inside the building though sure proved to be interesting in allowing us to see how a typical op will take place. Curious in that even standard curses can have this amount of cunning in them. That sure was a difficult choice that it presented Nobara though. Still in the end Nobara sure managed to get a satisfying revenge upon it. The treatment that the villagers gave Saori though sure was sickening. Overall a pretty strong ep that did well to introduce the character of Nobara both personally and in combat ability. While her relationship with the team is still rocky i think this battle served to improve her image of them from her initial opinion of them. Curious about the next ep though considering the womb that we saw in the end and the fact that one of the three died in dealing with it.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 16, 2020 11:29 PM

Apr 2020
As a Manga reader, I'm totally ready for the mentioned Death!

The next big fight is going to be BRUTAL!
--AbiSa--
Oct 16, 2020 11:32 PM

Oct 2020
Another great episode.
Excited to see the third first year.Nobara is so funny.
Less battle scenes in this episode but more interesting daily life.Quite shocked by the information that one character will die next episode.(Ծ‸Ծ)
It must be a sharp contrast.
In conclusion,anticipate next week.
[/url]
Oct 16, 2020 11:38 PM

Jul 2020
The interactions between Nobara and Yuuji are pretty hilarious
The thing about one of them dying was kinda out of nowhere but I guess we'll see

Ngl both the op and ed are bangers
Oct 17, 2020 12:27 AM

Apr 2012
"and one died" yeah yeah sure, but this is anime and people don't die when they are killed (especially not main characters) so I suppose it will be fine lmao. The girl is okay so far I guess but the bar is pretty low, since all the time the third one in the team is the uptight tsundere, so I was pretty sure that this would happen. But at least she's funny.
Oct 17, 2020 1:21 AM

Feb 2018
I really liked this anime! It's more realistic then the generic ones. Good written storyline with balanced action, thrill and fun. Animation and sound designs was amazing, MAPPA is going all over again. And it will have 24 episodes, yey!
Oct 17, 2020 2:44 AM
Apr 2020
Another great episode!
Yuuji is surely physically strong even without using Sukuna's curse power, he got some moves!

New Girl Nobara is so funny! She nailed it! It's unfortunate that she lived in such a place, good thing she decided to move because that place sucks.

Who died tho?

Oct 17, 2020 3:34 AM

Dec 2019
so glad Nobara is finally here
Oct 17, 2020 3:50 AM

Jun 2019
Nobara is a cool girl. Enjoyed her character.
Oct 17, 2020 4:58 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
I think this was a nice introduction, looking how Nobara had a great interaction and kinda connected well enough with Itadori already on her first met. Was that weird? I think its a pretty understandable, knewing how Itadori personality and Nobara characteristic. I am so glad that she wasn't even a useless girl, she had a potential to led the team well enough. Unfortunately, she had a bad luck because of her lack of experience hinderred the way of her thinking, then as the result, like its almost ended up both of their lives. To be honestly, at the end, its kinda bugged me a lot, i hope she had a lesson from these first mission. Fortunately, Itadori came to saved you and the boy, and became a hero. The anticlimactic arrival of him was really needed to save the girl face. Their interaction afterwards, tho. Its hella funny xD.

Some of the backstory for Nobara already launched here. Its pretty much solidified her characters in one phrase, like these episode title: as a girl of steel. Still, i don't even know how she could gain the cursed power, together with all of the Jujutsus's witches. But, oh, well. Left aside that matter for a while, at least these little episode already confirmed Nobara was some kind of a bad ass girl!

A countryside girl that had one dream to actually met with her girl of steel from Tokyo, already formed her as a girl of steel too! Yeah her homeland was shit. Sometimes its happening. So yeah, its really understandable. Instead of she held the grudges to her homeland, became a cursed evil being and even killed all of the citizens there, she decided to left. Such a huge decision, and pretty much cleared her status as a strong girl on the team, and i already liking her backstory so far. Once again, motivation, kinda became one way to proceed you to be stronger than before. Because, the next one i got to see another great battle. I don't think i
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Oct 17, 2020 5:09 AM
Apr 2018
NOBARA joins MEGUMI & YUUJI.
YUUJI's already compatible in dealing with her. As for MEGUMI, it will take time to know more about him.

Ending song is fun to watch. :)

Really excited for the next episode & the next one & ........
Oct 17, 2020 5:18 AM

Dec 2014
hmm .. don't the female lead yet
Oct 17, 2020 5:23 AM

May 2018
Nobara and Itadori are somehow on the same wavelength and not at the same time xD

And I agree, it's hard to choose between sushi restaurants
Oct 17, 2020 5:35 AM
Apr 2019
Things are getting more interesting now. It's a bit slow paced episode, yet I enjoyed it. Let's see when will MAPPA flex their godly animations again in the next episodes.
Oct 17, 2020 6:07 AM

Apr 2020
We now are introduced to "The Girl of Steel" Nobara Kugisaki. And damn she is an entertaining character. A thing I haven't said yet in this anime's forums is the comedy. I can't believe that the comedic shots in this anime is so good. Yuuji and Nobara already has that cat-and-dog chemistry (respectively), and a good one on that.

This week, the group went to Roppongi an abandoned building to exorcise some curses. Once again, Yuuji and Nobara together is so enjoyable to watch. We are showcased with Nobara's rural style powers fighting against a well-animated monsters and it is some A-tier visual pleasure. That hostage scene was also good and the action is dealt nicely. Another good episode with an extra scene at the end, MAPPA is flexing on us with a 3-winning streak and looks like the anime is still heating up.
Oct 17, 2020 6:13 AM
Jun 2019
So far this is my favourite anime of the season. The action and comedy are both on point and both get better with each episode im so excited for the resr of this season.
Oct 17, 2020 6:15 AM
Dec 2015
I'm really liking the cast, been enjoyable so far
Oct 17, 2020 6:18 AM

Jul 2016
thedestroyership said:
Immediately loved the chemistry btw the 3 first-years, I haven't been this attached to a shounen for sometime.

It is always great when a shounen hits the right note.
Oct 17, 2020 6:22 AM

Sep 2020
Great way to introduce Nobara with Gojou giving them this test and all and a great episode overall. Some backstory on her too, some light action as well. The cast is great and their interactions make the show so far really enjoyable, looking forward to the next episode!
Oct 17, 2020 7:07 AM
Apr 2018
gadboyz said:
fuwahfuwaaaaaah said:
Nobara flashback caught me off guard, like whaaaaaaat is this flashback doing here this early? It wasn't shown in the manga until later chapters, you know like last week's chapter? Not that it's bad though, it just felt somewhat weird because of what comes after.
MrCreepyAvss said:

Huh? Nobara flashback about Saori was always there since early chapters and her introduction. you just got bias because latest manga chapter

Let me just clear myself out, it's not that I don't like it, okay? I was just surprised to see it this early, like how elobarated her flashback here, just like in the latest chapter. That's all.
LemonadeYou-kyanOct 17, 2020 8:17 AM
Oct 17, 2020 7:10 AM

Feb 2019
This was a pretty godawful episode. All the supposed action shows for Friday have apparently seen their budgets collapse into virtually nothing. The principal problem is that Nobody even did anything particularly ingenious or surprising, the same shout-exchange routine.
They walked right up to the monster, got surprised when the monster grabbed some random kid, and then killed it. All is so average, painfully average Then, apropos of absolutely nothing, her backstory and flashbacks gets spewed out for the last third or so of the episode. And you know how I love flashbacks spewed out of absolutely nowhere for no reason. It followed it up with more screaming.
Oct 17, 2020 7:46 AM

May 2020
Not gonna lie. Kugisaki is kind of a babe lol.
Oct 17, 2020 7:51 AM
Nov 2014
I'm really falling for this series... it's such a joy to watch.

And the ED - lit!
Oct 17, 2020 7:51 AM

Jun 2020
Hmm looks like I'm the only one who thought Nobara was kinda annoying
This anime shit is addictive
Oct 17, 2020 8:42 AM

Feb 2020
I like Nobara so far. Seems pretty interesting character.
I would love to see some romantic interactions between itadori and nobara.

Oct 17, 2020 9:22 AM

Aug 2018
I expected Nobara to be the kind of distant annoying girl but she seems to be much cooler in fact

Actually Itadori & her seemed to get along pretty easily
Oct 17, 2020 9:28 AM
Jan 2020
This was a good introduction to Nobara, they showed that this cast is pretty entertaining in itself.
It was amazing to see all the abilities that our cast has and its cool see to see some curses getting exorcised.
Overall it was an amazing episode.
Oct 17, 2020 9:41 AM

Aug 2020
gadboyz said:
fuwahfuwaaaaaah said:
MrCreepyAvss said:

I mean, yes and no
we already knew about saori but we didn't really see so many details and the treatment saori got; we only knew fragments but not that much that could be considered a real flash back
:)
Oct 17, 2020 10:54 AM
Dec 2019
Of course this anime have a woman with shitty personality who likes to punch the mc for no reason. This is so funny 🤡. Oh and of course she's not a bad person, she just had difficulties in the past, and thats why she's so annoying, so sad 😢
HulkAgiotaOct 17, 2020 11:08 AM
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen (TV) Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Nov 27, 2020

237 by manishtandurkar »»
Yesterday, 3:39 AM

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen (TV) Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 26, 2021

637 by Gingko »»
Apr 23, 2:39 PM

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen (TV) Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 5, 2021

244 by yaybeachepisode »»
Apr 18, 2:55 PM

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen (TV) Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 26, 2021

351 by Hater-chan »»
Apr 15, 10:19 AM

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen (TV) Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 9, 2020

344 by Alciefer »»
Apr 15, 10:19 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.