Forum Settings
Forums
New
Sep 24, 2020 4:41 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014

The 43rd issue of Shounen Champion revealed on Thursday that Paru Itagaki's Beastars manga is ending in three chapters. The 45th issue will publish the final chapter on October 8.

Synopsis
In a world populated by anthropomorphic animals, there exists a bias: carnivores are just mindless predators in the eyes of many herbivores. However, when an alpaca named Tem is murdered within the walls of Cherryton High School, the fear toward carnivores skyrockets to an all-time high.

Legoshi, a student at this school, is a gray wolf who is quite awkward despite his fearsome appearance. When turmoil affects his school life, he is forced to confront the divide between herbivores and carnivores, as well as his own place in this society. This is further complicated by his supposedly romantic feelings toward a herbivore, which might not be what they seem.

Beastars details Legoshi's struggles against his inner demons while living in a society that is unforgiving toward his kind. [Written by MAL Rewrite]

Itagaki began serializing the psychological drama manga in Shounen Champion in September 2016. Akita Shoten published the 20th volume on August 6 (pictured right), with the 21th volume scheduled for release on October 8.

A 12-episode television anime adaptation by animation studio Orange premiered in Fall 2019, with a second season scheduled to air in Winter 2021. Netflix streamed the first season, and outside of Japan on March 13.

VIZ Media licensed the manga in English in November 2018 and began publishing it last July. The ninth volume will go on sale on November 17.

Beastars won the 11th Manga Taisho Award, 22nd Tezuka Osamu Cultural Prize, 21st Japan Media Arts Festival Award, and 42nd Kodansha Manga Award. The manga also placed second in the 2018 Kono Manga ga Sugoi! rankings.

Source: Comic Natalie
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Sep 24, 2020 4:45 PM

Jan 2020
so bittersweet, beastars was an amazing ride!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 24, 2020 5:12 PM

Sep 2010
Whoa! May the series have a wonderful ending.

"to the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world." -a magnet
Sep 24, 2020 5:19 PM

Nov 2018
okay, gonna start read this after that 3 chapters
Sep 24, 2020 5:45 PM

Mar 2015
melon ruin the series.
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Sep 24, 2020 6:48 PM

Oct 2008
Been waiting for a time for entry; just found it!
Sep 24, 2020 8:59 PM
Feb 2012
engaging commentary to nonsense shounen overload
good riddance!
Sep 24, 2020 9:16 PM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Here's to hoping Studio Orange will see this through to completion as well then.

Congratulations to the creators and fans!
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Sep 24, 2020 10:00 PM
Aug 2016
Yaay I can't wait to see where all that simpery will take the MC to...
Sep 24, 2020 11:06 PM
Sep 2020
I remember picking up the manga back in winter of last year due to the anime pushing me to read it and what a wild ride this series threw me into. Especially with its deep character and excellent world-building and just many more things I can go on about but by the end of it all. I’m looking forward to seeing how this will wrap up what a great series.
Sep 25, 2020 2:25 AM
Jun 2020
I barely watched the first 5 minutes of the anime before dropping it. It was pretty bad.

Happy for the fans though.
Sep 25, 2020 6:54 AM
Oct 2019
I’m going to binge read the shit out of this when it ends
Sep 25, 2020 9:15 AM
Apr 2016
wape said:
I barely watched the first 5 minutes of the anime before dropping it. It was pretty bad.

Excuse me for asking, but how exactly can you decide the quality of anime from the first 5 minutes?
Sep 25, 2020 12:34 PM
Jun 2020
JanPri said:
wape said:

Excuse me for asking, but how exactly can you decide the quality of anime from the first 5 minutes?
It's about the feelings. I know if there's something I won't enjoy.
Sep 25, 2020 4:22 PM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
It is already ending huh? Unexpected, but then again, the series did get an anime adaptation already late in its release so... hopefully will have a memorable ending.

wape said:
JanPri said:

It's about the feelings. I know if there's something I won't enjoy.

You can keep convincing yourself of that, and you will keep missing out on things that you could actually love.

I already think you need to watch more than 3 episodes for most series to at least be able to truly tell you will like it or not for some cases... for this, you didn't even finish the first episode, there could have been something that would have clicked with you the 15 minutes you missed out at, you can't predict things like that, especially for this series which is very unpredictable.
Sep 25, 2020 11:36 PM
Jun 2020
5 minutes is enough for me to tell the deal. Also, the 3-episode rule is dumb.
Sep 26, 2020 3:36 PM
Mar 2020
wape said:

Lmao yeah that's why it has 8+ of rating on this site, excellent reviews on other sites, it being one of the most popular animes on Netflix currently + announcing a 2nd season as soon as it finished airing its 12th episode: because its bad. I'm sure with all that this show already achieved more than the shows you actually consider to be "good". There's a difference between you not liking it and it being actually bad, with the ratings and its success proving otherwise.
Also judging something for just watching 5 minutes of its laughable. But looking at the image in your profile and seeing the kind of generic loli type of anime characters you enjoy, I guess this unique show was too much for your shallow tastes lol. No need to reply, I won't waste my time reading it.
Sep 26, 2020 8:23 PM

Apr 2019
My Prêt à Boire Rosé is a smidgen richer with this news. It's unusual that a subpar series lingers on my mind, but I can say without exaggeration that I've lost sleep over Beastars and my compunctions for its deranged brand of "world-building". There's something deeply wrong when your dislike for a property is strong enough to co-exist with your grief over Ruth Bader Ginsburg's passing. (rest in power to the biggest Gryffindor there ever was).

I look forward to Beastars taking its place in the dustbin of anime/manga history.
Sep 27, 2020 2:20 PM
Oct 2015
Ketrod said:
wape said:

Lmao yeah that's why it has 8+ of rating on this site, excellent reviews on other sites, it being one of the most popular animes on Netflix currently + announcing a 2nd season as soon as it finished airing its 12th episode: because its bad. I'm sure with all that this show already achieved more than the shows you actually consider to be "good". There's a difference between you not liking it and it being actually bad, with the ratings and its success proving otherwise.
Also judging something for just watching 5 minutes of its laughable. But looking at the image in your profile and seeing the kind of generic loli type of anime characters you enjoy, I guess this unique show was too much for your shallow tastes lol. No need to reply, I won't waste my time reading it.

Take it easy furry
Sep 27, 2020 2:42 PM

Jul 2017
Wish it didn't lose its shine but then again, most manga like these lose thejr shine after initial impressions of promise. Still not bad by any means, but it could have been so much better too.

More topics from this board

» Smartphone Game 'Garena Free Fire' Gets Anime Project

Hyperion_PS - 5 hours ago

20 by HoLoVN1608 »»
42 minutes ago

» 'Kimi no Iro' Announces Additional Cast

DatRandomDude - 9 hours ago

6 by RobertBobert »»
3 hours ago

» 'Katsute Mahou Shoujo to Aku wa Tekitai shiteita.' Reveals Additional Cast, Third Promo

DatRandomDude - 5 hours ago

0 by DatRandomDude »»
5 hours ago

» Light Novel 'Izure Saikyou no Renkinjutsushi?' Gets TV Anime in Winter 2025

DatRandomDude - May 9

7 by thebrentinator24 »»
6 hours ago

» Manga 'Kakushite! Makina-san!!' Gets TV Anime in 2025

Vindstot - May 9

14 by CocoaGalaxy »»
Yesterday, 1:21 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.