Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Rent-A-Girlfriend
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Aug 7, 2020 9:52 AM

Mar 2014
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
She just CPR'D Him!!!
Kazuya Fapped... And FAILED!!!
Well, he has mixed feelings for Mami and Chizuru... That's... Real lol
also, being at the same hotel room is the welcome thing In any romance Anime...
I actually like kazuya as he resemble... Well me in someplace lol
So basically, Kazuya's Granny is a guy inside... The tree and the apple, I see...
A....nd there is no problem for Chizuru at the end for Kazuya to sleep in the same room as her.

Looking forward to next Episode!!

P.S. Next is Touyama Nao's Character!!!!
Aug 7, 2020 9:57 AM

Nov 2011
Yeah, this episode pretty much still shows how thirsty Kazuya is towards Mizuhara especially when she's in those robes.The way she reacts to him? Yeah..she's still way out of his league.

Looks like this anime is turning up the fan service with every chance it gets now. The onsen segment is another opportunity. I think she and granny has a genuine sincere bond though. Finally, Ruka coming next week.
Aug 7, 2020 9:58 AM

Apr 2020
Good rescue, Kazuya! Chizuhara gave Kazuya an artificial breath, by kissing Kazuya, Kazuya must be happy.

Kazuya masturbates while imagining he having sex with Mami-chan lol, but when he says "Mami-chan" all he has in mind is Chizuhara.

lol Chizuhara doesn't mind sleeping in the same room with Kazuya ?! What will happen next...
Aug 7, 2020 10:00 AM
Jul 2020
Kazuya fans making the argument that “if you do not like kazuya’s character you are unrealistic and only like fantasy, perfect and cool characters”. Firstly, just because you don't like a character doesn't mean you fit a certain label. If you don't like a character, you don't like them, it is what it is. Personally, I don't particularly like his character because he's ignorant, selfish, outrageously awkward and makes bad decisions. Despite this, I am willing to give his character a chance. But then you have people in the comments sucking up to him and criticizing people who don't like his character. It just makes us dislike his even character more.

Secondly, it seems like they are making him out to be one of the best main characters ever who is soooo relatable and realistic. Just because a character is realistic does not mean we have to like them. Look at the likes of subaru (re; zero) and 8man (Oregairu). They are REALISTIC characters and are still likable. But then you have kazuya. You can be a realistic character and be unlikable. Reaslitic ≠ Likable or Good. The exaggeration of how good Kazuya's character is just annoying and serves no purpose. After reading the comments it makes me realize how bad a fan base this anime has and we are only 5 episodes in! The fanbase just has a load of people who exaggerate how good the anime is because its 'Realistic'. Realise how I am using the word ‘Realisitic’ so much because that’s the only thing people use to defend his character. I don't even hate the series and I really want it to do well. But its people like this who spoil it for you.

Thirdly, I don’t see the realism in his character. I saw a comment that said “The people complaining don’t understand that if they face the same situation, they will also act like him. They just cannot accept it ”. I cannot help but to laugh at this comment. Who in real life faces a situation where they rent a girlfriend and pay her for her services? A normal person would know that you can’t buy love with money (bear in mind he’s 20 years old). What person in real life is so awkward that he can’t even hold a conversation with his own friends without getting flustered and nervous? I’ve seen awkward people before and I’m a bit awkward myself. But I’ve never seen someone awkward to his extent. The only realistic part of his character is that he is a simp and a push over. However, I am not too bothered by this side of his character because I understand everyone has flaws. Hopefully, he improves himself as a character by the end of the series. So yes, I don’t understand because your point is complete nonsense. You can’t assume someone’s personality based on their like or dislike for a character. Do you know me? How would you know if I would act in the same way?

Aug 7, 2020 10:51 AM

Oct 2017
Nice a cpr kiss and now onsen time. Ofc Mizuhara doesn't mind being in the same room as Kazuya cause she knows he won't do a thing. At best he'll fap and go to sleep XD.
Aug 7, 2020 11:26 AM

May 2020
remind me why is this the greatest anime ever
Aug 7, 2020 11:54 AM

Jul 2017
Kazuya is FINALLY a man, ABOUT TIME! The sacrifice to save Chizuru and leaving Mami in the lurch. This boy has made so much mistakes, but the save was a knightly moment, even for a rental girlfriend. Performing CPR must be a godsend moment LULZ, he definitely tasted that kiss xD

Kibe, forever the wingman right until the last moment, and advice props man. It's just plain sad that he isn't the MC, or things would be quite different.

Back at home, the fapping continues lols, Kazuya's shittiness knows no bounds at fantasy imaginations about the toxic Mami. But despite the emotional attachment, things start to change pace.

To make matters worse, an onsen trip with the enthusiastic grandmas of both Kazuya's and Chizuru's, plus the others to celebrate the discharge from the hospital in good health. To think that they conspciously attached Kazuya to Chizuru's room, what a plot continuing from the hospital that's full of lies and baiting.

Chizuru in a Yukata, every as beautiful and illsuive for the trash, but the lies have to be stopped at some point, and funnily enough the facade still have to go on lols, the hopes of the grandmothers to hook them up and have recuperative rest.

Chizuru not minding Kazuya to sleep in the same room together...I can smell trouble brewing...and the fapping night coming WHEW WHEW! Hell yeah!

Next episode, another girl, Nao Touyama's character Ruka Sarashina makes her entrance! Who is she in Kazuya's life???
KANLen09Aug 7, 2020 11:57 AM
Aug 7, 2020 11:54 AM

Jul 2020
Solid episode MC is turning it around and his feelings for Mami are fading......plus Mizuhara is getting a little confused with the feelings of gratitude she has toward MC. gotta say this was my favorite ep yet.

and YES she is finally gonna be introduced in next weeks ep....things are gonna get super spicy!!!!
Aug 7, 2020 12:00 PM

Sep 2018
I swear Kazuya's PP is the most relatable character in this show!
And Grannies playing the role of perfect wing man!
well that's just my opinion.....
Aug 7, 2020 12:01 PM

Feb 2020
One more episode of Kanojo and all e can say is: good catch Kazuya...

So, Kazuya saves the girl and now Chizuru doesn´t have a problem with him slleping in the same room? hmm... really curious (or maybe he is just out of her league)

On the other hand, Kazuya as always is really simple to change the mood and now his feeling for Mami start to decrease (maybe?)

Good episode, altough not an iportant character development yet

Next week finally appears Ruka and is going to be really interesting...
Aug 7, 2020 12:02 PM

Jul 2014
Am I the only one that feels that Chizuru is definitely going the tsundere route?
Though a good episode? kinda? I mean I'm not sure why but this anime is an anxiety generating machine, lmao.
Aug 7, 2020 12:10 PM

Aug 2013
This is one of the better episodes imo.

Kazuya finally realising that he is, perhaps, in love with Chizuru.

Ruka appearing in next week's episode. Looking forward to that.

Aug 7, 2020 12:14 PM
Nov 2018
this dude can talk under water
Aug 7, 2020 12:14 PM
Shingster

Jun 2015
It was fortunate that Chizuru knew CPR and managed to save Kazuya's life. The struggle that Kazuya had when he realised where his true feelings lay sure was fun. The alliance of grans sure are cunning with their plans though. Still Chizuru really looks nice in a yukata. Despite the awkwardness of their first encounter its nice to see Chizuru decide to just enjoy her time here. Looks like the grans words managed to put to rest some of the doubts that she was having though not all of them by the looks of it. Curious to see what happens next. Looks like a new girl will appear next week.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 7, 2020 12:15 PM

Jan 2014
Pulling that out in middle of the episode, when I was expecting him to just go to sleep or something was unexpected for sure. Though given the theme of the show and how it's gone, it's not too surprising.
Aug 7, 2020 12:22 PM

Nov 2010
tfw you pinch your nipples while masturbating.
Aug 7, 2020 12:35 PM

Feb 2019
This episode got me to like Mizuhara a lot more. She’s definitely gradually getting some development, Kazuya still an incel dumbass, but he’s showing signs of improvement too.

I’m still stanning mami tho idc idc
Aug 7, 2020 12:35 PM
Jul 2018
The beggining made no sense but I enjoyed the thermal baths.

Kazuya jerking off was PEAK FICTION.
Aug 7, 2020 12:38 PM

Feb 2019
KAZU-KUN DAAMEEE!!

"So how did you realize you had feelings for me?"
"Well....... I was fapping to this girl and then suddenly you came to mind so I realized I liked you"

Chizuru-hime in the bath robe was hot af.
Aug 7, 2020 12:50 PM

Mar 2019
fapping can be really hard sth....especially if your mind isn't clean.

Well the grandmas are still the best. They are simply the best. They are having more fun for sure...coincidences...coincidences everywhere. Probably a little too many
Aug 7, 2020 12:52 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Chizuru in a yukata is really a sight to see. I still insist, it's so utterly unrealistic for a woman of her calibre to fall for a non entity like Kazuya
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Aug 7, 2020 12:53 PM

Feb 2020
i love the grandma so much. the only thing i like about kazuya is his love for his grandma and it's cute how the only thing he wants is to bring home a nice girl so his grandma can be proud of him.

the grandmas' duo is so cute they're both so evil. kazuya's grandma and chizuru had such a sweet conversation - i truly love the grandma so much.

lmao the fanservice this ep
Aug 7, 2020 12:56 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
I beg you please have sex with Chizuru, he needs to stop masturbating on Mami's pictures, that's way too cringe
Aug 7, 2020 1:03 PM
Pen

Mar 2018
maybe at the end of the episode, her feelings changed maybe...

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Aug 7, 2020 1:24 PM
Jul 2018
God DAMN they really didn't pull any punches with the masturbation scene. The adaptation is staying scarily faithful. Can't wait to see Ruka next week, she's a trip.
Aug 7, 2020 1:24 PM
Mar 2020
damn he freaking jacked off hard man
Aug 7, 2020 1:26 PM

May 2020
some love out there, maybe this couple go ahead? i dunno
Aug 7, 2020 1:30 PM

Aug 2013
SurvivedEndless8 said:
. The adaptation is staying scarily faithful.

Good to hear. I'm definitely picking up manga after finishing this adaptation. Just ordered 15 volumes from Japanese Amazon.
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Aug 7, 2020 2:09 PM
Jan 2019
Answerable said:
this dude can talk under water

Who doesn't? lmao
Aug 7, 2020 2:13 PM
Jul 2020
timiXtimi said:
Kazuya fans making the argument that “if you do not like kazuya’s character you are unrealistic and only like fantasy, perfect and cool characters”. Firstly, just because you don't like a character doesn't mean you fit a certain label. If you don't like a character, you don't like them, it is what it is. Personally, I don't particularly like his character because he's ignorant, selfish, outrageously awkward and makes bad decisions. Despite this, I am willing to give his character a chance. But then you have people in the comments sucking up to him and criticizing people who don't like his character. It just makes us dislike his even character more.

Secondly, it seems like they are making him out to be one of the best main characters ever who is soooo relatable and realistic. Just because a character is realistic does not mean we have to like them. Look at the likes of subaru (re; zero) and 8man (Oregairu). They are REALISTIC characters and are still likable. But then you have kazuya. You can be a realistic character and be unlikable. Reaslitic ≠ Likable or Good. The exaggeration of how good Kazuya's character is just annoying and serves no purpose. After reading the comments it makes me realize how bad a fan base this anime has and we are only 5 episodes in! The fanbase just has a load of people who exaggerate how good the anime is because its 'Realistic'. Realise how I am using the word ‘Realisitic’ so much because that’s the only thing people use to defend his character. I don't even hate the series and I really want it to do well. But its people like this who spoil it for you.

Thirdly, I don’t see the realism in his character. I saw a comment that said “The people complaining don’t understand that if they face the same situation, they will also act like him. They just cannot accept it ”. I cannot help but to laugh at this comment. Who in real life faces a situation where they rent a girlfriend and pay her for her services? A normal person would know that you can’t buy love with money (bear in mind he’s 20 years old). What person in real life is so awkward that he can’t even hold a conversation with his own friends without getting flustered and nervous? I’ve seen awkward people before and I’m a bit awkward myself. But I’ve never seen someone awkward to his extent. The only realistic part of his character is that he is a simp and a push over. However, I am not too bothered by this side of his character because I understand everyone has flaws. Hopefully, he improves himself as a character by the end of the series. So yes, I don’t understand because your point is complete nonsense. You can’t assume someone’s personality based on their like or dislike for a character. Do you know me? How would you know if I would act in the same way?

Well said.

It amazes me the length others would go to defend this MC, trying to justify his actions and making him out to be the victim. Just because one may understand where his coming from and why his like that (apparently suffering low self-esteem from his family & friends constantly putting him down and his ex dumping him) doesn't necessarily mean they have to condone whatever he does. Whether or not, he finally gets his act together, only time will tell.

Other than that, the ex is such a trashy person. Her character seems to serve no purpose than going around stirring shit up for kicks and giggles. The only way she can be redeemed is getting truck-kun.

Thankfully, the rental GF is the one that's likeable out of the main cast. She's pretty much carrying the show.

Aug 7, 2020 2:14 PM

Nov 2016
Fapping to that Mami pic was some real ass shit.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Aug 7, 2020 2:29 PM
Oct 2019
Chizuru didn't mind Kazuya sleeping in the same room.
Kazuya drank sauce and made me ultra uncomfortable the whole episode.
That granny-alliance is evil and Gran Kinoshita was enjoying that bath time a little bit too much. I just hope Kazuya will forget Mami in the next few episodes.
WhatTheNaniiiAug 7, 2020 2:38 PM
Life is not daijoubu
Aug 7, 2020 2:34 PM

Jan 2018
the best thing about this episode is knowing that next episode we finally got to see and hear Ruka.
Aug 7, 2020 2:35 PM

Jan 2020
I really enjoyed this episode and Chizuru is definitely best girl

Aug 7, 2020 2:38 PM

Jun 2020
timiXtimi said:

Bruh not gonna lie I'm pretty sure I've read something very similar to this before on a previous episode discussion, idk if it was you or someone else but I remember that oregairu rezero realistic characters point you brought up so it was probably you lol, you copy pastin that stuff or what

edit: nvm just checked, it is copy pasted lmao
spectrojanAug 7, 2020 2:42 PM
This anime shit is addictive
Aug 7, 2020 2:41 PM

May 2019
Today on unrealistic af CPRs used for romantic development:
Obviously, that cliche CPR was bound to happen after last week's episode. But I thought Kazu would be the one who did it.

I'm glad Kazu's catching feelings for Chizuru but damn he's a trash. He doesn't deserve her the slightest.

Love the grannies as always.
If you read Eleceed you're automatically my friend.
Aug 7, 2020 2:45 PM
Jan 2016
this episode make me wanna have GF like shizuru and if can i want sleep for 1 week n see next epsodes XD
Aug 7, 2020 2:46 PM
Jul 2020
spectrojan said:
timiXtimi said:

Bruh not gonna lie I'm pretty sure I've read something very similar to this before on a previous episode discussion, idk if it was you or someone else but I remember that oregairu rezero realistic characters point you brought up so it was probably you lol, you copy pastin that stuff or what

edit: nvm just checked, it is copy pasted lmao

Yh, It was me. I just posted it really late so no-one saw it. I just posted it again
Aug 7, 2020 2:47 PM
Jul 2019
Oh c'mon Kazuya if you're gonna do that break up thing with Chizuru just do it already. and be contented with Miss Right Hand...or is that Miss left hand
Aug 7, 2020 3:00 PM

Feb 2019
8/10 ep, it was good

who doest want a grandmother like that

also, the mc is a full simp
Aug 7, 2020 3:14 PM

May 2019
timiXtimi said:
The fanbase just has a load of people who exaggerate how good the anime is because its 'Realistic'. Realise how I am using the word ‘Realisitic’ so much because that’s the only thing people use to defend his character. I don't even hate the series and I really want it to do well. But its people like this who spoil it for you.

People call it realistic yet I don't see anything realistic in someone like Chizuru falling for a trash like Kazu (which will happen sooner or later). ReZero is much more realistic in that aspect lol. At least Subaru is a solid dude.
If you read Eleceed you're automatically my friend.
Aug 7, 2020 3:20 PM

Dec 2015
Overall, I say this is one of the better episodes from the show. It feels like Kazuya is growing a little bit, not much obviously but it's happening. I still don't like the character, but he's relatable. The same can be said for Chizuru as well since it looks like she is starting to have feelings for him after he saved her from drowning. I thought it was funny how the grandmas planned the rooms. I also liked the bath scene with Chizuru and Kazuya's grandma.

I'm curious when are we going to see the other two girls from the ending theme (Sumi and Ruka). I hope it's not in the final episodes like some other animes I've watched.
Aug 7, 2020 3:39 PM
Jul 2018
So,
Kazuya is in love with Mizuhara. Mizuhara affection fir Kazuya also grows ehhe.
Oh man i wanted to headpat her...
And on the next ep, a new one? Oh my, i want to see how this goes haha.
Aug 7, 2020 3:39 PM
Jul 2017
alhiris said:
Am I the only one that feels that Chizuru is definitely going the tsundere route?
Though a good episode? kinda? I mean I'm not sure why but this anime is an anxiety generating machine, lmao.

Well the sad fact is that the trope has been used so much that most girls end up looking like tsundere now.
But Chizuru is not one. She actually means everything that she says to him. But she also is herself a nice person. Also she knows the fact that despite Kazuya not being a great human being did not have bad intentions towards her. But mostly she did this because she knows how it feels to realize that your hopes and dreams are just a lie. So she does not want their grandmothers to undergo that.
That's all to her. She is really professional. Except when it comes to Kazuya but just because of their grandmas.
"You are the result of 4 billion years of evolution. Act like it."
"Why don't you eat make up? Then you can be beautiful on the inside too."
"'Sick'? Call me 'twisted'. 'Sick' makes it sound like there's a cure."
"What's messed up isn't my thinking, what's messed up is this god damn world."
"The world isn't perfect, but its out there doing the best it can for us. That's what makes it so damn beautiful."
Aug 7, 2020 3:43 PM
Feb 2020
Three things
Can anyone refute that they've fallen for each other now
Breathing is unnecessary in rescue
We finally meet 'Snow'!
Aug 7, 2020 3:56 PM

Mar 2017
The beginning of this ep was weird; Kazuya can talk underwater, apparently, you can only save someone because you love them (not cause you don't want another human to die haha), Mizuhara needs to relearn her first aid skills and the masturbation scene was just... yeah.

BUT the really liked the second half of the ep with the two Nan's setting them up. Plus, you can't have a romance without an onsen trip haha
Aug 7, 2020 3:59 PM

Apr 2015
Chizuru having to perform CPR on Kazuya, it was either this or the other way around, definitely something Chizuru didn't expect to be doing after she just got saved!

That fapping montage, what the actual fuck XD Kazuya is slowly realising the feelings he has grown for Chizuru, but it looks like Chizuru has also been affected.. but god please no, don't fall for Kazuya!!!

The grandma's and their schemes, that was pretty great to see XD The onsen scenes gotten pretty awkward, but Chizuru asked a solid question to Kazuya's grandma. Her response was pretty positive!

Ruka appears next week, that's been the thing I have been looking forward to. So is Kazuya gonna simp her as well? XD
Aug 7, 2020 4:06 PM
Jul 2018
Cant't believe he touched his nipples while fapping who even does that
Aug 7, 2020 4:44 PM
Feb 2020
The only thing I want is for this anime to advance once and for all with the main romance, for Mami-chan to stop interfering or something like that and for Kazuya to stop being an idiot, although in the advance it is seen that a new character is coming that It comes out in the opening and it causes me a lot of curiosity, I hope I stand out among the others and what a better fight than Mami, PS: CHIZURU I'm your fan
Aug 7, 2020 4:50 PM

Jul 2016
Man i fk hate mami. MC had to let chizuru drown to satisfy her? Floor the b*tch. Love the romance between MC and chizuru. Too bad this anime will become one of those harem ones. :(
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kanojo, Okarishimasu Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 10, 2020

311 by zainaAlizzy »»
Apr 10, 3:36 PM

Poll: » Kanojo, Okarishimasu Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

RegulusX - Jul 17, 2020

294 by afromarco005 »»
Apr 9, 9:32 AM

Poll: » overhated, overlooked, and genuinely a real depiction of romance. ( 1 2 )

removed-user - Nov 1, 2023

79 by BigBoyAdvance »»
Mar 26, 9:05 AM

» What if Rent a girlfriend had Good story, Good romance and Good character development ( 1 2 )

Reckless_weeb - Mar 6

54 by kurayamiberkay »»
Mar 22, 10:06 AM

» Do Japanese men are really like this?

mufarari - Mar 8

13 by KayKimii »»
Mar 19, 4:21 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.