Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jan 10, 2020 10:39 AM

Dec 2017
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
ah, of course they've met each other 13 years ago, and at that age they've been geniuses. introducing Kousuke-senpai which is another comedic relief character, playing dating sims and being cool
wonder if they will spin him liking gamer girl Ibarada, since his 2D girl Aika looks exactly like her. appreciate the BL fanfic mid episode

relatable Kanade is relatable
Jan 10, 2020 10:43 AM

Apr 2012
This came 10 years too late.
Just google "Scientists explain love".
Its nice so far though, 8/10 for me :)
Jan 10, 2020 11:09 AM

Nov 2011
This episode gave me hope that it's okay to love 2D characters until Yukimura said it wasn't normal lol.

I like "Hooray for Science" only to have my dreams dashed just like Kosuke's dreams lol.
(God you can hear the Kazuma strong in his voice) They got the perfect VA for Kosuke though.

That BL part in the Ferris Wheel had me in tears.

Yukimura asking Himuro on a date was adorable AF.

A lot of the situations in this anime are generic (Like them being kids) but the anime calls those moments out just like Kanade did when she said they were clearly the kids at that time lol.

I'm loving this anime so far.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Jan 10, 2020 11:43 AM

Feb 2019
This is def one of the funniest shows I've ever seen, as a grad student so much is relatable as well, think it's going to be an underrated gem. Gives off Tejina senpai and Dr. Stone vibes.
Jan 10, 2020 11:43 AM
Sep 2015
Kosuke is my favorite boy!
Also I get Oresuki vibe from this episode.
Jan 10, 2020 12:50 PM

Mar 2019
After watching three episodes of this I can say one thing...

I want more now pls.
Jan 10, 2020 1:36 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
The new boy 2D lover is really funny xD
Jan 10, 2020 1:45 PM

Apr 2016
These first three episodes were pretty good and a bit funny. Honestly talking, I was expecting it to be funnier, but it’s ok, we’re only three episodes in.
Jan 10, 2020 4:28 PM

Jun 2019
This was pretty enjoyable. Glad they gave us 3 episodes today cause each one was better then the last. Kaneda was my favorite character just cause she was the most normal of them all and normally says what the viewer is thinking.
Jan 10, 2020 5:49 PM
Jun 2017
Hahahaha... love third episode... well lets see what will happen on their date on next episode...
Jan 10, 2020 7:51 PM
Jun 2013
i looove this anime already and im soooo happy that they aired the first 3 episodes. this anime has everything i want in a romance genre; a mature vibe, smart OP MC, and it's just centered around romance, not lil scenes or parts, but the whole episode has something to do about romance and i love seeing Himuro and Yukimura interact. especially when Himuro's hair twitches and wags like a dogs tail when they get excited, so fucking cute.
Jan 10, 2020 11:22 PM

Oct 2017
Lol so much time wasted just to plan the date. Thou nice they atleast managed to confirm the date plan, looking forward to it.
Jan 11, 2020 12:08 AM
Oct 2019
This show keeps getting interesting.
"Its common to find otakus in the science field" 100% true
Jan 11, 2020 1:16 AM
Jul 2017
Good episode so far, (9/10)
Jan 11, 2020 4:54 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Hmm it seems the lab really has quite the cast of characters within its confines. Ayame's reactions and calculations regarding the amount of affection that gifts and intimate actions bring though lol. So Aika was actually a game character huh. Kinda likes like Ena though. Yukimura's insight into human relations though sure was insightful. Ayame though sure had a harsh childhood. Still this at least enabled her to meet Yukimura and change into the person she is now. Excellent ep as always that did well to expand upon Ayame's backstory while also introducing new experiments to try out. Can't wait to see what the date will be like for the two next ep.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 11, 2020 6:32 AM

Dec 2014
Ok like they suite each other so well....
Jan 11, 2020 8:06 AM

May 2017
Does anyone know how many chapters have been adapted up till now ?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 11, 2020 8:26 AM
Oct 2019
I'm liking it so far, will watch till the end.
Jan 11, 2020 8:56 AM

Apr 2013
This is my favorite show in this season. Kosuke best boy.
Jan 11, 2020 10:52 AM

Aug 2013
Kosuke is a hilarious guy. I like him.

Looks like Kanade is the only normal person in the lab.

Jan 11, 2020 11:09 AM

May 2018

I couldn't agree more.
Jan 11, 2020 11:09 AM
May 2016
It's similar to kaguya sama(I really loved the anime but it did get on my nerves when both of them had feelings yet their ego stopped them for expressing those feelings .. mAh it annoying but cute) but this time I love how she openly expressed her feelings and now they just confirm their feelings and that leaves my heart in a peaceful state . It had good comedy and quirky characters overall really really enjoyed it, hope people will notice this show and give it the recognition it needs.
Jan 11, 2020 12:20 PM
Mar 2019
So boring. I finally got up to episode 3 and nothing happens. I usually watch all rom coms but this is so boring.
Jan 11, 2020 3:09 PM

Dec 2019
Episode 3 was really great. I just hope this anime ends off as good as it started. I liked how the romance took a leap that's early since most anime suck at doing so.

Made by TheZilla

Feel free to strike up a conversation with me on discord Allen#6666].
Jan 11, 2020 5:07 PM
Jan 2020
OH MY GOD. I made an account here just so I could say how much I love this anime.
Top tier waifu. Sexy and cute at the same time, and I love the trope of the super smart dude/gal that is so smart that they go full circle and become dumb.
PS: HER PONYTAIL WAGS LIKE A DOG’S TAIL
Jan 11, 2020 5:38 PM
Jul 2018
This is my favorite show so far of the new winter premieres! It 's so hilarious and I love the art. I'm really looking forward to the next episode!
Jan 11, 2020 9:17 PM

Jul 2017
YET another scientist jumps into the scene, Inukai Kosuke, a 2D-game otaku lover relying on plot pointers for love. So...in regards to Himuro and Yukimura's experiments, nothing of significance is added.

So now, covering their childhood memories of years past, both of them ACTUALLY met with a common interest for science. Guess how love was birthed from young though...

JiangHaoyi1979 said:

I couldn't agree more.
YAS INDEED.

To be on a date, people have different opinions in love, but depending on their own fantasised settings, towards the extreme of extremes too.

With all that, a date is set up through optimization, but then again, mostly on the science side of things.

After 3 episodes, they're still OK episodes, just more on the boring side.
KANLen09Jan 11, 2020 9:21 PM
Jan 12, 2020 12:16 AM

Oct 2018
I have but one simple statement about this show in accordance with Kanade:

CAN THESE TWO GET MARRIED ALREADY?!?

They're so goddamn adorable, not only are they cLeArLy in love with each other but they even met 13 years ago. This series is going to be amazing.
~ These boys must be protected at all costs ~
Jan 12, 2020 1:20 AM

Jan 2010
Was really expecting this anime, as i read the manga, and didn´t disappoint. Really funny.
RamaTheStrandedOtaku

Nier and MGS fan.
Jan 12, 2020 7:31 AM

Oct 2008
LOL of course the lab won't be complete without a galge enthusiast!
but that is the pair for the shorty girl...
4/5.

Jan 12, 2020 10:58 AM

Sep 2017
I wanted more discussion on shortest path algorithms! This anime is so dumb. I love it.
Jan 12, 2020 12:53 PM

Mar 2017
I love that this anime doesn't rely on the usual romantic cliches, like with the kid that Himuro met 13 years ago; instead of doing the usual thing of using the 'mystery' as a source of conflict and tension, it was straight away called out! Only 3 eps and this is already one of the best romcom anime I've ever seen haha
Jan 12, 2020 2:07 PM
Sep 2019
I started watching this show today, for the moment a solid 7/10 loving the characters even if some of the things are a bit predictable, it's looking pretty good so far.
Jan 12, 2020 2:33 PM

Jul 2014
This shit is hilarious, also the blonde dude... all I hear from him is Kazuma lol, Kazuma and Aqua all over again.
Amamiya Sora has been a damn treat in this show, she nails it! Himuro is hot af! adorable as well, I find it funny whenever her ponytail wiggles.
This kinda gives me some Oresuki vibes cause the MC is being a tsun while the FMC is all over his ass, Pansy X Joro thing going on there.
I just got Amazon Prime and will binge this till ep 12 tomorrow. Cant fckin wait!
Jan 13, 2020 2:43 AM

May 2019
That last scene was adorable. I love the balance of comedy and romance in this

We don't know what kind of people we truly are until the moment before our deaths.
As death comes to embrace you, you will realise what you are.
That's what death is, don't you think?

------------------------------------
Itachi Uchiha
Jan 13, 2020 9:20 AM

Feb 2019
A man of culture enters the story. Every show needs a man of culture. I wonder if he will go for ibarada because that would be awesome.
Jan 13, 2020 6:55 PM
Mar 2017
This episode was hilarious in many ways, in addition to introducing us to Kosuke, who at first glance seemed like a romance expert until Ena unmasks him and exposes him as a passionate 2D girl lover.

Kosuke's appearance gave the impression of a boy who is good at talking and entertaining girls, but the evil Ena reveals his dark secret and the poor boy gives a pathetic show, until Shinya supports him and tells Kosuke that he is not weird, but then he retracts when he sees that Ayame is sad and ends up betraying Kosuke.
Kosuke's words had great effect on Ayame's morale, poor thing she felt so inferior when she compares the love she feels with the one Kosuke felt for Aika (although she was 2D) and that part where she imagines sleeping next to Shinya in bed ... oh god her imagination is so daring.

Damn it, I can't believe that Ayame and Shinya knew each other since childhood, by God they were both so adorable, so Shinya is responsible for Ayame being that attractive and charming, good work there, but only Kanade realizes this.
Kanade proposes a very interesting idea, that Shinya and Ayame have a date, but this ends in the analysis of what a date is and Kanade, Kosuke and Ena give their example, the funniest was Ena´s version, who transformed the date into something taken from BL where Ayame is Ayami, a boy who has dominated Shinya.
I love it when Kanade remembers her school days and her feelings for the sensei of math, how pure and innocent.
In this episode Kanade had her dose of attention, the faces and reactions she had were great.
The best part of this episode is without a doubt when Shinya ask Ayame to go on a date, these two are too adorable and shy when it's time to get going and act, but finally Shinya man up and asks Ayame to go out together and obviously she responds tenderly yes.

Anyway, a very entertaining episode, I laughed a lot with Kosuke, he is a man of culture, although he has already been told that he is a weirdo, his presence gives a lot of dynamics to the experiments especially that his experiences are based on galge games and the chemistry he has with Ena I see potential in that, it is clear why Aika looks a lot like her.
The next episode will be the expected date, I hope they do not ruin it with some experiment, but knowing these two, I would not be surprised, but who knows in one of those, their relationship progresses.
Jan 14, 2020 1:07 PM
Jan 2016
Another funny episode!

New guys is really funny, i was suspecting he was talking about a 2D girls, and Ibana also realized that sinc ethe beginning!

JiangHaoyi1979 said:

I couldn't agree more.

Yeah completely true!

Homuro reaction after Yukimura invited her for a date was so much precious!
Jan 14, 2020 4:45 PM

Sep 2018
Cuteee! Ibarada x Kosuke is cute too. I ship them too ❤
Jan 15, 2020 9:01 PM
Jan 2017
You gotta feel sorry for Kanade. She has to be the voice of reason amongst the two leads, who just enjoy overanalyzing and complicating things. Anyway, this was yet another fun episode and those imaginary definitions of dates were extremely hilarious, especially Ibarada's, and I really look forward to the date.
Jan 16, 2020 10:35 AM

Aug 2008
Childhood meeting cliche, spelling out who the blonde guy likes and Ibarada being a filthy fujoshi was awful enough, but the bullshit Yukimura was spewing the first half of the episode was probably the most unbearable thing in this episode. Marvel/SW SJW writers would be proud... It's like putting a piece of rotten fruit covered in mold at the top of pastry. Maybe the rest didn't go bad yet and you can cut out the part it touched, but still can't help but loose your appetite.
Ii tenki desu ne...
Jan 16, 2020 10:54 AM

Nov 2014
Kanade = Audiences LOL XD

Both YukimuraxHimuro didn't even realized that they were already met few years ago in their childhood and already infatuated toward each other XD. poor Kanade trying keep herself around this dumbcute couple XD.

Slight IbaradaxKosuke moments too, loved them too. hope to see more of them in future episodes

The interpretation of date from each person were so damn funny haha...
from Kanade's embarassing date in her younger self with her teacher, eroge based date by Kosuke, to Ibarada's BL Date(that genderbend Himuro tho LOL) XD.

and one of various funny manga moments that i remembered the Date plan using TSP LOL ( reminiscing me of my first year of grad student haha)

And... not forgetting the best one cute blushing on YukimuraxHimuro when he asked her to date in the end of the episode >_<.

can't wait to see their funny and adorable date in the future episode.
Jan 16, 2020 4:13 PM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
I finally caught up, so Kosuke is a guy that loves 2d women (He's one of us and I feel his pain. lol.). He seems to like Aika-chan who happens to look like Ibarada, so deep down he likes Ibarada. Ibarada's definition of a date being BL/gender bending story was the funniest part of the episode.
Jan 17, 2020 4:26 AM
Jul 2019
Most excited about Kazuma tho!
Jan 17, 2020 12:04 PM
Mar 2015
The addition of the 2D lover and the "BL lover was helpful
Jan 18, 2020 9:09 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Of course they've met in the past, xD. It's amazing how they haven't realised that yet, quite the high caliber scientists we've here lol. Sweet and kawai~ little backstory though. Just get married already!

Anyway, Kosuke's love for the tsundere game character is genuinely hilarious. Homura feeling beat from that and then Yukimura feeling it for a bit too under the fear of losing her interest in him, man those were some gold developments! He's definitely bringing something new to the table, keep up Kosuke-yo.

"Date" from the three different perspectives' was quite hilarious too. A BL was just a given for this kind of thing, even Homura approved lmao. Yukimura's invitation followed by that "protecc" smile was some finish though, looking forward to the eventful date!

#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Jan 18, 2020 1:37 PM

Feb 2008
Well, the lingering red string of fate just became crystal clear.

Too bad for Inukai and his love, though.

And Kanade is still the absolute best.
Feb 18, 2020 12:44 AM

Apr 2012
At first, the show tells us that gay assumptions are ridiculous and funny, and then MC says it's ok to be a gay. The social comments of this show are too complicated, lol. In any case, I find it rather refreshing how this show uses standard shounen romcom clichés.

kater_tot said:
I love that this anime doesn't rely on the usual romantic cliches, like with the kid that Himuro met 13 years ago; instead of doing the usual thing of using the 'mystery' as a source of conflict and tension, it was straight away called out! Only 3 eps and this is already one of the best romcom anime I've ever seen haha

This show gave me the impression of Kaguya x Love Lab. A great parody of romantic clichés combined with its interesting research and deconstruction.
Feb 20, 2020 12:26 PM

Nov 2016
Lol, Kosukes profile already spilled the beans. But I like how they immediately exposed the unhealthy obsession some people have towards their 2D waifus.

Was an amusing episode again, especially the ideal date segment.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Mar 21, 2020 10:17 AM

Apr 2016
Oh my god Kosuke is a brilliant character. Love him! Himuro's flashback was nice to watch; she and Yukimura go way back (yet somehow, despite being intelligent scientists, neither of them realize it). Very good episode overall.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Rikei ga Koi ni Ochita no de Shoumei shitemita. Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

-Stray - Jan 13, 2020

118 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 18, 12:59 PM

Poll: » Rikei ga Koi ni Ochita no de Shoumei shitemita. Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

uninstallthegame - Jan 13, 2020

56 by Matheus050 »»
Jan 21, 6:20 AM

Poll: » Rikei ga Koi ni Ochita no de Shoumei shitemita. Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

52 by Matheus050 »»
Jan 12, 6:04 PM

» Should I?

Jai_akash - Jan 6

12 by MK17_2 »»
Jan 8, 9:59 AM

Poll: » Rikei ga Koi ni Ochita no de Shoumei shitemita. Episode 9 Discussion

49 by Matheus050 »»
Jan 5, 2:22 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.